Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Is Wonder Ghost the ghost of a 3 year old or a 3 year old ghost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

VodeAndreas posted:

3 Year old ghost. Lets not make this depressing.

Oh boy 006 is one of the best set of levels in the game :allears: easily a favorite.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't much like the beginning of Operation 006 when I was first playing through it, it just felt like the last area again but with a different paintjob, but I quickly forgot how much I disliked it once I got to 006-B & C.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love that Wonder Ghost's catch phrase is just "Your Dead Pal"

Also, just out of curiosity, what kind of Wonderful One is Luka? Like, which weapon does he use if you put him as your leader? Or can you do that?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Luka is in your group but he's greyed out, so you can't actually use him in combat. The menu says he's a fist user, though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VodeAndreas posted:

And he's from Augusta, Georgia! Which is pretty notoriously haunted.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ironicus sounds like he needs Wonder Doctor :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Midnight Voyager posted:

And he's from Augusta, Georgia! Which is pretty notoriously haunted.

Really? How so?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So Hero Time isn't considered a "crutch" ability? I mean maybe the custom block that automatically uses it for you when you get hit might be it, but i always though "heh, i don't NEED time to slow down to do good :smug:" and i guess i was probably the only one thinking that :(

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I love that Norway is defended by a crazed middle-aged taxi driver with an infinite supply of high explosives.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I was really hoping to get a scene where Luka pointed out how many kids younger than him are in the team.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Samovar posted:

Really? How so?

There are a ton of historical sites in Augusta that have a reputation for being haunted. If you go to Broad Street, you can't walk five feet without running into something that is supposedly lousy with ghosts. There's even a pillar left over from a farmer's market that will kill the hell out of you with ghost powers if you touch it.

So it's only natural that the spooky ghost superhero comes from Augusta. :colbert:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
The crabs are honest to god one of my favourite mini-bosses in the game. There's a variety to them that necessitates you using multiple unite morphs, but still leaves you with freedom to do whatever the heck you want at other points. They're big and badass but still easy to get, unlike say, how the turtles tend to work out.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I am glad this game has Giant Enemy Crabs and you have to attack their Weak Point for Massive Damage.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This update of W101 pairs well with the latest Pikmin 3 update which also features a rather large enemy that requires a variety of approaches.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bruceski posted:

This update of W101 pairs well with the latest Pikmin 3 update which also features a rather large enemy that requires a variety of approaches.

Except, you know, Chip is breaking this game's fingers while Zach and the gang, God bless 'em... don't. Like, at all.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Alright, so hopefully the next part has Nelson punching some sense into Blue so we can finally get done with his character arc.
Well maybe not punching again but some extended lecture would be nice.

Loxbourne posted:

I love that Norway is defended by a crazed middle-aged taxi driver with an infinite supply of high explosives.

Angry bombs at that.

Also I found dog anime's distant cousin.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

HGH posted:

Alright, so hopefully the next part has Nelson punching some sense into Blue so we can finally get done with his character arc.
Well maybe not punching again but some extended lecture would be nice.

I'm actually genuinely surprised we haven't had a Red vs Blue duel where Red literally and figuratively pounds some sense into Blue.

Trace Bullet
Sep 2, 2011

Pew pew pew

Neruz posted:

I'm actually genuinely surprised we haven't had a Red vs Blue duel where Red literally and figuratively pounds some sense into Blue.

I guess you missed episode 12-2 then where that exact thing happened.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So why is the music of this level so amazing?

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FJIx2PdWva2c

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

VodeAndreas posted:

The wonderful profile for Wonder Ghost says he's the ghost of a very young child.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

I'm very disappointed that Wonder-Rabbit's name wasn't Lola.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

No actual sense was pounded into Blue though so I keep expecting it to happen again but actually get somewhere.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh my god Red, it's pretty drat obvious Luka has not been trying to fight the invaders, he's been trying to sell Earth out since mission 3. Just confiscate the key he should not have instead of taking the little poo poo with you.

Forget Blue's idiocy, when does THIS subplot get to the point?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

legoman727 posted:

Oh my god Red, it's pretty drat obvious Luka has not been trying to fight the invaders, he's been trying to sell Earth out since mission 3. Just confiscate the key he should not have instead of taking the little poo poo with you.

When they're done overexplaining.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

legoman727 posted:

Probably after we finish up with all the Super Reactors and everything seems fine, but suddenly PLOT TWIST when the head honcho shows up (Gerginha or something?).

And yeah, Luka was all annoyed at the team for failing to save a person, likely his mother, and it seems rather obviously to be the person Nelson mentioned sacrificed herself to get the Reactors up and running. Makes sense for him to casually have the key to them that way. Although a 10 year old(?) trying to destroy Earth is a little silly if that's what he's going for.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What's Wonder-Pixie's weapon?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nihilarian posted:

What's Wonder-Pixie's weapon?

Bomb, the Fancy Cracker

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

What I'm understanding is wonder ghost is basically casper as a super hero.

I'm okay with this.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So Hero Time isn't considered a "crutch" ability? I mean maybe the custom block that automatically uses it for you when you get hit might be it, but i always though "heh, i don't NEED time to slow down to do good :smug:" and i guess i was probably the only one thinking that :(

Looks like it's not a bullet time-esque effect, but the 100 are actually moving at regular speed, like dropping a bomb when you dodge. Seems less like a "crutch" and more like a useful tool to dish out even more damage even faster.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

Looks like it's not a bullet time-esque effect, but the 100 are actually moving at regular speed, like dropping a bomb when you dodge. Seems less like a "crutch" and more like a useful tool to dish out even more damage even faster.

Plus, it's not much of a crutch if you have to activate it by doing a fairly difficult and dangerous thing.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Aw man, they had to go and misspell Colombia :(

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

in bayonetta witch time gets removed on the hardest difficulty mode because it basically is a crutch, I imagine they do the same in this game

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Name puns!

Walltha: 悪さ (warusa), evil, or Walther.
Wallgah-Goojin: 悪瓦偶人 (warugaguujin), evil haniwa.
Gocken Island: 極寒 (gokkan), intense cold.
Kowrule: 凍る (kooru), to freeze + Hyrule.
Kuzzler: possibly 蔓 (kazura), creeping plant
Deah-Kani: Portmanteau of dekai (huge) and 蟹 (kani), crab.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

darealkooky posted:

in bayonetta witch time gets removed on the hardest difficulty mode because it basically is a crutch, I imagine they do the same in this game

Well this game has a no-questions asked block button, and Ukemi. Where as witch time, crow within, and the Moon of Mali-Kalah are the only defensive items in Bayonetta, and all of those are skill based timing things.

I can see them keeping Hero Time all the way through.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah W101 does something that's like taking away Witch Time Hero Time but isn't taking away Witch Time Hero Time.

Losing WT in Bayo 1 bugged me a bit, justified as it was (they did kinda overdo the amount of it you get for most things). It was like, one of the game's signature gimmicks, and they just... turn it off. Point of note: Bayo 2 does not do that, because Bayo 2's Witch Time is much more sensibly managed in basically every respect.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 10, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

legoman727 posted:

Wonder Blue stop posting and get back to the mission.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's happened. We've hit the Giant mechanical space crab boss that was around the corner.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh, right, point relating to stuff in video: It was said that the bomb is "useful" against the Giant Enemy Crab. This is a bit of an understatement. The Bomb-Liner absolutely wrecks them if you draw the line directly into their face. Actually really not recommended until after you've gotten at least one Massive Damage on its back otherwise your combo score will suck. (protip: each hit with Claws on its weak point gets 100 combo; once you account for multipliers it's pretty trivial to get 10k+ in one round of massive damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
In case it wasn't obvious, Wonder-TNT is a reference to Alfred Nobel, inventor of TNT. Oslo is where the Nobel prize ceremonies are held. No idea on the taxi driver part.

• Locked thread