Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SinistralRifleman
Oct 9, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Significant others reacting poorly to seeing their partner use violence is a real thing, even when it's justifiable. I'm talking about fist fights or self defense shootings. Let alone beating multiple men to death with a soup can. The fact she bailed after that is believable human behavior and not necessarily because he was a wife beater. In fact if he was a wife beater the co dependent psychology would have made it less likely for her to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Eugene revealed he had AIDS at the end of the episode, much to the shock of the rest of the group.

Wait I thought Abe had the AIDS and by punching Eugene with his hosed up hand, now Eugene might have it to?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The black eye means Abe's wife is the smoke monster.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Grin and Tonic posted:

I'd be pretty pissed if dude used the only source of water to wipe out zombies when it's been pretty clearly established literally every character in that group besides Eugene can handle themselves with a gang of zombies even bigger than that, but wasting water seems to be a ripe tradition in the walking dead universe.

Not sure the stuff in that truck would be that clean, to be honest. The stuff in the bottled water tank is pasturized, so it's good bottled up for some time. The poo poo in that truck came from a hydrant and sat in that tank for god knows how long

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

GrAviTy84 posted:

What a dork

If I remember right we saw a herd form when Michonne escaped the prison when it collapsed. She had one she neutralized and as she walked more and more zombies joined in

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Lycus posted:

They're just appreciating the male form.

D-dolphin smooth... :sweatdrop:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Why was the warning about the dead people in the firehouse written on the ground facing towards the firetruck, and not out towards the street or on the building?

Also why were there tires stacked on the inside of that door?

Someone please help.

"I want my show about something completely fake to be 100% realistic and devoid of logical errors. For we live in the age of logic."

:goonsay:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Sammus posted:

Wait I thought Abe had the AIDS and by punching Eugene with his hosed up hand, now Eugene might have it to?

Maybe if you tried paying attention to the loving show you'd know it's the other way around. Eugene has it and they have to get to DC before he dies. Abraham was so mad that he saw his wife instead of Eugene standing there and he started swinging without even thinking.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

SinistralRifleman posted:

Significant others reacting poorly to seeing their partner use violence is a real thing, even when it's justifiable. I'm talking about fist fights or self defense shootings. Let alone beating multiple men to death with a soup can. The fact she bailed after that is believable human behavior
*except during a literal apocalypse

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this is the best thread

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doomsday Jesus posted:

"I want my show about something completely fake to be 100% realistic and devoid of logical errors. For we live in the age of logic."

:goonsay:

:goonsay: of the week

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

If I remember right we saw a herd form when Michonne escaped the prison when it collapsed. She had one she neutralized and as she walked more and more zombies joined in

That was pretty small compared to the herds in the books. Its literally depicted like a mosh pit at a Justin bieber concert. The closest thing we've seen to it was when michonne, Bob, and Daryl went for antibiotics.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

visual AIDS

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm with the rest of you guys, I'm just really not buying this whole "Terminus is full of cannibals" angle.

I mean think about it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

*except during a literal apocalypse

As you know, women are not logical creatures.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

What if Eugene gets eaten and then the zombies get his AIDS and spread that around to all the other zombies and then all the zombies die from AIDS?

Then he can still be the savior of humanity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Crows Turn Off posted:

What if Eugene gets eaten and then the zombies get his AIDS and spread that around to all the other zombies and then all the zombies die from AIDS?

Then he can still be the savior of humanity.

And we could FINALLY get the "tainted meat" scene, I've been waiting so long for that!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

GrAviTy84 posted:

That was pretty small compared to the herds in the books. Its literally depicted like a mosh pit at a Justin bieber concert. The closest thing we've seen to it was when michonne, Bob, and Daryl went for antibiotics.

I think one of the first times they encountered a herd in the books was the best. Some of them were driving back to the main group and came over a hill, much like in the scene in the show, and there's just thousands of walkers all around the valley that the highway dips in to. They get through that or around it, I forget, and when they tell the group about it the group's like, "well let's board up these windows and wait it out," and the people that saw it explain that, no, they have to leave now, because there's so many walkers there won't be a house standing there after they leave.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
The last comic I read was when Carl was taken away in a pickup truck. I want the story to get to that point.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Thanks for the spoiler.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

The note on the ground outside the fire station said "Sick Inside," but they don't tell us WHAT they were sick with. Either AIDS or the Milhouse Flu, is my guess.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

JHomer722 posted:

The note on the ground outside the fire station said "Sick Inside," but they don't tell us WHAT they were sick with. Either AIDS or the Milhouse Flu, is my guess.

Ebola

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

spankmeister posted:

The black eye means Abe's wife is the smoke monster.

Abe's wife was stabbed.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I watched the episode late but I'm laughing at how many people in the previous pages and while live watching thought Abe is a wifebeater.

You know, to hate-watch you still have to watch.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

messagemode1 posted:

I watched the episode late but I'm laughing at how many people in the previous pages and while live watching thought Abe is a wifebeater.

Well to be fair the admission that Eugene has HIV and full blown AIDS was pretty overwhelming. That and the return of [spoilers] Gareths cannibal mom[/spoiler]

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 13, 2014

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

messagemode1 posted:

I originally thought it was a hostage situation and Abe was rescuing them, but then I realized that neither the wife nor the kids had their hands and feet bound like captives (which they would if the guys Abe beat to a pulp were the captors). They were just huddled behind a counter when Abe found them. That's what made me ditch the hostage hypothesis and go with the next most likely explanation for why the woman had a black eye. But it's also possible the scene was designed poorly.

Anyway, I don't think it matters that much, as I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Von_Doom posted:

Well to be fair the admission that Eugene has HIV and full blown AIDS was pretty overwhelming. That and the return of [spoilers] Gareths cannibal mom[/spoiler]

Eugene has aids? When did that come out?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You don't remember what Jenner said? Everyone has AIDS.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tide posted:

Enjoying the female form isn't always a victimless crime.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Tide posted:

CDC/CIA released it around the 70s

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
You guys are loving tripping if you're even gonna try to say Abe is a decent guy

Have you not watched the way Abe talks to and manhandles Eugene when he is stressed? All in the name of protecting him. He pushes people hard and goes ballistic at the drop of a hat even when logic says they should take a breather.

The show is pointing out clearly there is something very wrong with him.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

ZombieParts posted:

PTSD.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

GrAviTy84 posted:

Yeah, shoulda added "beginning of". There was a good sized one in the first episode when Rick turns that corner in Atlanta. Nothing but a shoulder to shoulder wall of zombies

ZombieParts posted:

You guys are loving tripping if you're even gonna try to say Abe is a decent guy

Have you not watched the way Abe talks to and manhandles Eugene when he is stressed? All in the name of protecting him. He pushes people hard and goes ballistic at the drop of a hat even when logic says they should take a breather.

There's a huge, huge, Grand canyon of a gap between "decent person" and "wife beater", you know

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 13, 2014

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

There's a huge, huge, Grand canyon of a gap between "decent person" and "wife beater", you know

Maybe not to him :aaa:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure everyone has PTSD by now in TWD universe.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
We are all now dumber for having read this thread.

But really, this show is much, much better than any previous season. Hope this continues. Michonne club for life.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Michonne uses a club now? I thought she got her sword back. :eyepop:

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
No, she never got her sword back, that's a 9-iron that Darryl picked up at the country club last season. Which doesn't make any sense because a 3-wood would be so much better at bashing in zombie skulls.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Nah, an iron all the way, it's heavier while most modern wood clubs are actually pretty light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

QwertySanchez posted:

Michonne uses a club now? I thought she got her sword back. :eyepop:

Didn't she grab her sword off one of the Terminus guys after they killed them, in the church? She picked it up and gave kind of a wiry smile - not sure if she walked away with it. It was a blink and you missed it moment.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 13, 2014

• Locked thread