Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

winvirus posted:

Uh well at the time I gave PoP my word the only one I knew was my own so

He's not thinking, it's not worth reasoning with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I kinda believe PoP

Honestly the only way I wouldn't want to lynch Thanos today is if a) I got his word from him or MMM and b) I was wholly convinced he didn't have 10+ words

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

PoP call me tonight bb~~

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Vote Thanatosian out today and I'll give my word and position out freely to anyone who contacts me. At this point I don't even care about winning, I just want him to get taken out of the game.

Oh yeah, offer only valid if you're voting Thanatos at the end of today.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Vote Thanatosian out today and I'll give my word and position out freely to anyone who contacts me. At this point I don't even care about winning, I just want him to get taken out of the game.
Did I hit a nerve?

And is this similar to how yesterday, merk said he would give his word out today to a bunch of people... and yet has somehow managed not to get around to it, yet?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hey, EXAKT, Rarity, could I get a letter from your guys' words too? I know this might not be making sense but I think I'm on the verge of an interesting strategy that could help things go smoothlier

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

I kinda believe PoP

Honestly the only way I wouldn't want to lynch Thanos today is if a) I got his word from him or MMM and b) I was wholly convinced he didn't have 10+ words
As far as I know, there is no way to prove a negative, doubly so in a game based around secret knowledge, so that really only leaves one option.

And I suppose I've already proven that I'm not above bribery, so I'll ask MMM to give it to you, provided you vote for PoP.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

You attempted to bribe people to switch from you yesterday and then posted a big "offer rescinded"

Are you even a real person

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Oh, whoops

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm going to work now, although I'm sure my 30 minute break will be very interesting.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

You attempted to bribe people to switch from you yesterday and then posted a big "offer rescinded"

Are you even a real person
My offer was to switch from me to winvirus. Once Somber had more votes than me, I rescinded the offer because it was no longer relevant, and I didn't want someone getting free words from me because of a "technically right" kind of situation.

Nobody actually took me up on it. There was nothing shady or untoward about it, and the fact that you're trying to imply there was is loving laughable.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Geez, so many posts!

I can't quote whoever is voting for EXAKT Science, but I agree, he's been playing too close to the chest, and I want his word. ##vote EXAKT Science

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

...Okay, I was thinking vaguely of winvirus, but never mind. I don't know Power of Pecota's word, either.

##unvote
##vote Power of Pecota

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

Hey, EXAKT, Rarity, could I get a letter from your guys' words too? I know this might not be making sense but I think I'm on the verge of an interesting strategy that could help things go smoothlier

O

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I will return in 3 hours. My phone battery is nearly dead. In the mean time, I actually think ##vote EXAKT may be wiser than either PoP or Thanos.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
As far as I know, I don't have EXAKT, PoP, or Thano's word. For right now, I'm going to ##vote EXAKT for now. I'll be able to be on my computer about an hour before the vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

What's the strategy? Tell me and I'll tell you a letter. Cause right now I have zero reason to give you that info.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If y'all want my word, you could try asking for it :colbert:
I'm totally willing to negotiate with the people who are in contact with me, but that's evidently very few of you :(
Assuming I survive, anyone who wants to talk and probably get a word should get in touch with me. For now, though, ##vote Power of Pecota.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

If y'all want my word, you could try asking for it :colbert:
I'm totally willing to negotiate with the people who are in contact with me, but that's evidently very few of you :(
Assuming I survive, anyone who wants to talk and probably get a word should get in touch with me. For now, though, ##vote Power of Pecota.

I will give you my word and position if you vote Thanatos, he gets eliminated, and you contact me. Why go me over him?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I will give you my word and position if you vote Thanatos, he gets eliminated, and you contact me. Why go me over him?

Hard to say, but I'm going to go with "capable of basic addition."

3+1 > 2+1

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
It's a safer defensive move to vote you, as you have the most votes. Also, I wanted to talk to merk tomorrow.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

My word is ARCHERY and position is 11. Switch your votes to Thanatos.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My word is KENDALL and position 6.

Merk is the holdout, now. Switch your vote to him.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote EXAKT actually vote this guy if you're capable of basic addition.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote EXAKT actually vote this guy if you're capable of basic addition.

If you're capable of the basic addition of "who probably has the most words right now," you need to vote merk, since he just picked up two more to add to his collection.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote merk

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

You're precious. Which day did you and EXAKT talk?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We're up to six words public now. Merk is in position to be hella close to 13. I suppose it's technically possible EXAKT Science has a hoard of words that nobody knows, but... Talk about your low-percentage chances.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

You're precious. Which day did you and EXAKT talk?
Haven't yet, but almost certainly tomorrow, if we both live!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hell, if EXAKT isn't willing to trade tomorrow, I'll almost certainly vote for him.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And I don't suppose anyone has a guess left today to verify PoP's word?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

"merk is the only holdout, whoops I guess EXAKT is too I'll talk to him tomorrow"

You're so transparently full of poo poo. Same with EXAKT swooping in like 10 minutes after winvirus switched his vote.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thanatosian posted:

And I don't suppose anyone has a guess left today to verify PoP's word?

I do.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

"merk is the only holdout, whoops I guess EXAKT is too I'll talk to him tomorrow"

You're so transparently full of poo poo. Same with EXAKT swooping in like 10 minutes after winvirus switched his vote.

You're right; I was wrong about merk being the only holdout. Actually, as far as I know, there could be several more holdouts (including you, since we have no verification yet). Merk is the only holdout with a clear chance of winning this in the next day or two, though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PoP is telling the truth

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

PoP is telling the truth

Vote EXAKT please~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Vote EXAKT please~

I'm a bit nervous to vote the person who seemingly hasn't given his word to anyone when we are probably getting very close to the end. Still thinking about it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here's my reasoning:

We have at least two people keeping their word fairly close to the chest: merk and EXAKT Science. Merk has been contacted by many people; has anyone contacted EXAKT Science?

So, we should base our vote on who we are more likely to give the win to: is it more likely that voting EXAKT will give the win to merk, or more likely that voting merk will give the win to EXAKT?

PoP thinks the latter; I think the former. Form your own conclusions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Exakt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

##unvote
##vote merk

• Locked thread