Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wolves!

edit: background stuff is cool.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Wolves didnt even cause a party wipe, what is this dumbed down handholdy crap.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Ok, not being able to find the cheat key because Josh has a Das Keyboard is pretty funny.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Scorchy posted:

Ok, not being able to find the cheat key because Josh has a Das Keyboard is pretty funny.

I mostly found it funny he's almost already died three times over, he seems to have forgotten how to play wizards.

Edit: And now he's somehow managed to drag a living corpse along.

Edit 2: vvv I don't think he'd put him on if he hadn't watched some of his work. And yes, it is mostly a persona.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 13, 2014

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

This guy playing it is absolutely insufferable. I can only assume this is some sort of forced personality, he is very grating. Josh must have the patience of a saint.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
He seems fine most of the time but the rest of it is him acting super forced and fake, i have no clue why so many youtubers do that but someone must like it.

Its cool that it seems even in the early game you get murdered if you make many super dumb mistakes.

edit:

Jackard posted:

Jesse Cox has teamed up with TotalBiscuit in the past - never really cared for him there so doubt I'm missing much.
Oh god, that is one thing i will say about jesse he is better than totalbiscuit

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 13, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Jesse Cox has teamed up with TotalBiscuit in the past - never really cared for him there so doubt I'm missing much.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I guess I would just like to see someone genuinely enthusiastic about these type of RPG games. I may be mistaken, but this guy heavily gives the impression that he has never heard of Baldurs Gate before he turned up to Obsidian HQ. Perhaps he will draw in a crowd who haven't experienced this type of game before, and thus he will help generate some more sales or something.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yep, pretty standard Jesse Cox. He tends to talk to fill space and can latch onto the tiniest detail and try to joke about it. Sometimes he can be pretty funny, but it feels forced when it fails.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is there no option to turn off the sound of the guy talking and leave the game sounds on? :sigh:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Clever Spambot posted:

Oh god, that is one thing i will say about jesse he is better than totalbiscuit
How exactly?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Point of bringing these people in is to expose the game an audience that might not normally be interested.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Jackard posted:

How exactly?

From what little i have seen of him totalbiscuit is very self important and obnoxiously vocal about it, just about anything is better than that imo.

Anyway the new content looked rad.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Scorchy posted:

Point of bringing these people in is to expose the game an audience that might not normally be interested.

Yes, that is the conclusion I came to eventually. One question I had from watching the screen is that I noticed all of the crafting items, for example jade, all had the same (placeholder ?) icon. Will they all have neat pixel art icons in the end or will they always just be a generic bag icon ?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I want to say they've said the plan is to give them all unique icons but i cant find any quotes about it.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Clever Spambot posted:

I want to say they've said the plan is to give them all unique icons but i cant find any quotes about it.

It would be much cooler examining the dragons horde to find an array of sparkling gems, than 10 identical "generic crafting icon" things for sure. It could be one of those things that is easily moddable and someone will fill the void.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That icon is just a placeholder, yeah, they noted a lot of icons are missing in the original Backer Beta FAQ thingy. That said, it looks like the game won't get the same sketchy art that accompanied item descriptions in the Infinity Engine titles (well, most of them, I don't think Planescape: Torment had that).

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I missed the livestream, any way to rewatch this?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Mr. Eagle, we have your stream.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Clever Spambot posted:

Yeah, all crafting items, gems, etc. will have their own icons.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Will you make consumables usable directly from the inventory? In the stream they had to put a beer bottle in a quickslot before they could drink it, which seems cumbersome.

prometheus12345
Oct 4, 2013

rope kid posted:

What is with the passive talents/abilities, will they also get their own icon?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Scorchy posted:

Get Felicia Day to talk about it on Supernatural and then sneak in a reference in Big Bang Theory and then roll around in the billions of dollars.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'll take that Jesse Cox over Sensuki ANY DAY. As for the stream, loved it! Can't wait for the game.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

prometheus12345 posted:

What is with the passive talents/abilities, will they also get their own icon?
Passive Talents either have class-specific or general icons. You only ever see them on the selection screen. We're going to be organizing the Talents list with tabs so it's easier to sort them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rope kid posted:

Passive Talents either have class-specific or general icons. You only ever see them on the selection screen. We're going to be organizing the Talents list with tabs so it's easier to sort them.

Serious question. Can any creature of any size be gibbed, i.e. crit hitting a dragon and gibbing it? A pre order hangs in the balance to this question.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Serious question. Can any creature of any size be gibbed, i.e. crit hitting a dragon and gibbing it? A pre order hangs in the balance to this question.

Personally I hope a crit kill just has a cool effect on most enemy types. Humanoids get gibbed, larger ones like ogres get decapitated and so do dragons. Hell if there'a any worm like creatures I'd like for them to just get "gibbed" into two sections sliced in the middle.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Jastiger posted:

Any creature has the ability to be gibbed, but certain creatures (e.g. spirits) don't have gib models because it would look weird. Some creatures need to have custom gibs made to match their appearance or it's extra goofy. The core game logic just checks to see if the attack that killed them was a Crit and if they have gib models. If both are true, they will spawn gibs.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

mitochondritom posted:

This guy playing it is absolutely insufferable. I can only assume this is some sort of forced personality, he is very grating. Josh must have the patience of a saint.

Yeah, I can't even watch this stream.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

rope kid posted:

Any creature has the ability to be gibbed, but certain creatures (e.g. spirits) don't have gib models because it would look weird. Some creatures need to have custom gibs made to match their appearance or it's extra goofy. The core game logic just checks to see if the attack that killed them was a Crit and if they have gib models. If both are true, they will spawn gibs.

Do skeletons collapse comically into a pile of bones normally? If you crit them, do they explode in a shower of tibias and ribcages?

BTW game is looking good.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Just in case someone missed it, Champion Edition showed up on GOG. Are those extras different from backer tier ones so that I may throw up €45 on it come December?

Diomedes
Dec 24, 2005
If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
I don't know if it's because I'm in Vietnam or something, but I can never get that twitch.tv website to work. Got a decent speed connection, but I can at best get a second or two of video before neverending buffering. Is there anywhere else hosting that livestream footage?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

FRINGE posted:

Get Felicia Day to talk about it on Supernatural and then sneak in a reference in Big Bang Theory and then roll around in the billions of dollars.

She's already a backer iirc and pimped it during the KS campaign.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Diomedes posted:

I don't know if it's because I'm in Vietnam or something, but I can never get that twitch.tv website to work. Got a decent speed connection, but I can at best get a second or two of video before neverending buffering. Is there anywhere else hosting that livestream footage?
When you watch a previously recorded stream, Twitch should preload about 30 minutes. Try opening the video, pausing it as soon as it starts and wait for it to preload?
Alternatively you could try this tool to download the video.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Diomedes posted:

You could try checking either https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra , or https://www.youtube.com/user/Paradoxplaza . Quite often Paradox split up their Twitch livestream stuff and put it on one of those channels a few days after the streams.

Diomedes
Dec 24, 2005
If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
^^ Awesome, thanks guys, that helps me a lot. There's actually been quite a few things I've missed on that site that I can now potentially see thanks to that download tool! Now to see if I can tolerate this Jesse Cox fellow...

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rope kid posted:

Pre order approved! But...if I can't gib a dragon or something, Ima be sad:( But I was gonna pre order anyways, the game looks awesome, and someeone who cares enough about it to consistently post here is truly dedicated so you deserve it anyways.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Do corpses still disappear after a short time? I was going to watch the Jesse Cox stream to find out, but I failed my willpower check. *~immersion~* hangs in the balance here.

The preorder trailer is a work of art. I know Pillars is supposed to evoke BG/IWD, but I got some strong ToEE 2 feels in the visuals department, and that is good.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

rope kid posted:

Icon orgy confirmed for retail release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

spider wisdom posted:

Do corpses still disappear after a short time? I was going to watch the Jesse Cox stream to find out, but I failed my willpower check. *~immersion~* hangs in the balance here.

The preorder trailer is a work of art. I know Pillars is supposed to evoke BG/IWD, but I got some strong ToEE 2 feels in the visuals department, and that is good.

For what I played the game seems amazing but I really hope corpses doesn't dissapear like in the early alpha, or at the very least there would be a slider for persistant corpses/peformance.

• Locked thread