Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Rumda posted:

Slightly narcissistic but different strokes.

you may be misunderstanding who the superfan for this is.

it was me.

it's cute. like me. welcome to lp13a.

update page clip

medibot posted:

And you get an update! Things are heating up!!

:siren:Session 54 part 3: Through the Bazaar:siren:
Podcast - Video

The party begins their research into the various factions that lie in a cold stalemate in Eridu-- the Imperials, the Anarchists, the Separatists... Not even news from Equinox Manor can totally raise their spirits (Happy Spookums Night! Get it?!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
I didn't realize that Tran and Bella were dating. That's kinda cute. :love:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Glad people enjoyed hearing from Algernon, this version of him is kind of a dick.
Its hard for Algernon to be the voice of reason when he's no hanging out with the most insane people in the
multiverse to scare him straight.

How many chairs is Mint up to now?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Glad people enjoyed hearing from Algernon, this version of him is kind of a dick.

In this universe Algernon rolls well all the time and is a cocky rear end in a top hat because of it.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

My favorite part was when Drakkel just started talking as Algernon.

I'm kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner, but Ironicus did a pretty good job of it before Drakkel (rightfully) took over.

Delimann
Oct 10, 2012
I honestly found myself going "aw" at the Bella-Tran thing, which kind of made me sit back and wonder when I got like legit invested in the lives of fictional roleplay characters. I blame all of you.

Delimann fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 15, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Its hard for Algernon to be the voice of reason when he's no hanging out with the most insane people in the
multiverse to scare him straight.

How many chairs is Mint up to now?

By my count, 5 or 6? It is hard to keep track.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My favorite part was how the whole crew got distracted by someone incredibly annoying.
You'd think that they would be used to it due to Slamby being there.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

gnome7 posted:

By my count, 5 or 6? It is hard to keep track.

Someone should stop him before he gets 8, otherwise he might start obsessing over tables and complimenting dinnerware.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
What would Mint's mother think if she found out about his chairs?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Breadmaster posted:

What would Mint's mother think if she found out about his chairs?

It's good for a boy to have his hobbies.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

:siren:Session 54 Finale: To Grandmother's House We Go:siren:
Podcast - Video

Session 54 Compiled
Podcast - Tabletalk

Scarlett finally meets the matriarch of her clan, the tough and no-nonsense Flor. Manuél follows Slots on a mission to infiltrate the Imperial garrison in town, which quickly goes sideways when the bald bigwig Kakobi assumes they are here to put down the Dragonborn once and for all.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
I have five chairs listed in my notes, but I'm not always careful about keeping track. I mean, they're all in the manor. Mint can just ask someone there how many chairs there are. The better question is: how many chairs remain uncollected?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There is always another chair to collect.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Either 1,3 or 5.

McBearson
Apr 29, 2013

There will always be chairs in the world. The story goes on.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The better question is how many family members are left uncollected. We've got 2 brothers at home base and now a mom and a grandma in tow.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Drakkel posted:

The better question is how many family members are left uncollected. We've got 2 brothers at home base and now a mom and a grandma in tow.

I can't wait to see if the Stone family gets swept up into this collection. :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If Margaret doesn't have to lead a daring rescue of her family, all the while bitterly nagging them for not rescuing themselves, I will be disappointed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's also 3 Smoulderboulders to pick up. We never heard much about Rip's brother other than him adopting Slamby.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
And Nav is currently traveling with his 'sister,' too.

Everybody's got a family, even if it is a weird ghost family.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

On the topic of Mint's chairs. We all know how it will conclude. He is unknowingly collecting all the part of a dangerous chair golem that the land has not seen since ages unknown. It is more fearsome than 10 tarasques and will most likely bring an end to all ages.

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Those chairs will really bring the room together, in the sense that they will cause it to collapse into a black hole.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
So Super Smash Bros for Wii U is out, and I needed a break from editing other projects, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZu-Frze5s

If I can get my hands on a Slots or Mercury Mii I can do a proper Might vs Magic match

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
And of course Nav won. Who else could have?

Yako
Jul 1, 2013

MithosKuu posted:

So Super Smash Bros for Wii U is out, and I needed a break from editing other projects, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZu-Frze5s

If I can get my hands on a Slots or Mercury Mii I can do a proper Might vs Magic match

Man, I'm so glad to see my Miis going around. You have no idea.
BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF NEW MIIS

I'm going to provide two versions for slots. Version A is the kerbal-looking fella I use in my tomodachi game (as seen in my previous post); Version B is a little more accurate and a lot more horrifying. As for mercury all I can say is you asked for this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, it's like they always say: there's no saving throw against grandmothers.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

A double update! To make up for last week, but still!

:siren:Session 55 part 1: Temporary Trouble:siren:
Podcast - Video

As day breaks anew in Eridu, Slots is having some confusing flashbacks to the last ceded city he was tangled up in-- Regulus. History repeats itself as Mint gathers intelligence-- and a brand new cube.

:siren:Session 55 part 2: A Partisan Pair:siren:
Podcast - Video

Margaret and Slots, pursuing opposing plots, each pressure the generally-disliked Marshall Kakobi and the Imperial garrison he leads.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Does The Empire just have a parasitical relationship with its cities? You would think being integrated more thoroughly into the Empire would also mean more infrastructure investment into it, such as financial assistance for the poor and stuff like that. What is Eridu doing that is against Imperial law? Do they have a big drug trade or something? This whole situation seems very curious.

Come to think of it, if the Empire wanted them to be more integrated into itself, why wouldn't they just have the local guard put on imperial uniforms and hold elections for a lord mayor to act as the cities representative to the Imperial government proper, or really anything besides trying to treat them as a hostile force?

It just seems to me that breaking up these cities into small pieces is not the answer. it feels like it would be better to just try to transfer the power of the emperor over time to a more democratic body, rather than to have everyone be isolated from one another. Either way, I love the whole adventure, I just think that the empire can't be all bad. I mean, how else could it survive for 13 ages, each ended by tulmultuous events which would probably topple any governing body based soley on tyranny?

P.S. Is lord mayor the right name for such an official? It sounds good at least. It sounds cool at least.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 28, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I think you and Margaret are pretty much right. The Empire is probably giving more than it's taking when it comes to Eridu and Eridu would probably benefit from a closer relationship with it. If the party decides to smooth over the recent problems and re-integrate Eridu with the Empire it would probably be for the best.

All that happened is the new Emperor lost a city and panicked, sending a large military force to the next most disputed territory. Not knowing what to do exactly, the new military guys, mismanaged, without a real mission, and bereft of a diplomatic wing, just started pushing people around. When the citizens protested things started escalating even further. It's not that they couldn't have just been friendly or used local officials or done basically anything else. They just screwed it up and now things are at a nasty spot.

Now if the party was actually doing anything to fix the diplomatic problems the city would probably be a happy part of a peaceful government. Instead the main Empire supporter is advocating rounding up all the local leaders during a symbolically important event, the main opponent is sowing discord within the already mismanaged troops, and the rest of the party is meeting with radicals with the end goal of starting a riot. So... I guess we'll see what happens!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
There are plenty of cities and towns that are happy to feel the effects of the young Emperor's expansionism and "hands-on" policies, but places where things are working hunky-dory aren't interesting for adventure stories. Mugeton had a better year than ever thanks to only having to worry about their generational tribute, instead of fending off dire wolves and orc raiders on top of it.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I can understand that. I am interested in why it wouldn't work for Eridu though, as it doesn't seem to have been expounded on yet. Did you have any specifics in mind that you didn't talk about in the videos? The world you have created for the game is very interesting, and I figure other people might be curious as well.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Eridu is a desert town with few threats, abundant oases, and more culture than Margaret can shake a bow at. besides, you may have missed the part where the Empire decided to march in because the Dwarven nation's equivalent Beaston was recently granted greater rights and the little big man baby emperor was afraid that his resident monster town would get ideas about personhood! heck to the oppressors, that's what I say. even Kod would find this pretty messed up and, let's be honest here, he was a fool.

debate 13a politics with me. the greatest debater will receive a signed copy of the 13a expansion book, "13 Forms: The Complete Bureaucratic Structures of the Icons".

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Margaret would never "shake a bow." Completely impractical.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

thechosenone posted:

I can understand that. I am interested in why it wouldn't work for Eridu though, as it doesn't seem to have been expounded on yet. Did you have any specifics in mind that you didn't talk about in the videos? The world you have created for the game is very interesting, and I figure other people might be curious as well.

The Dragonspawn a generation ago were afforded rights somewhat equivalent to livestock (a lesser personhood primarily based on their usefulness as troops), and the emergence generation were often considered a born-evil, shoot-on-sight monster race. By carving out a slice of literal wasteland in the shadow of the Abyss, Eridu had the advantage of negligence. Now that being ignored is off the table it's time to see what the course of history will be. There are assimilationists, but they tend to move away to the Empire proper and don't have the numbers in Eridu to make much difference.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

ikks posted:

Eridu is a desert town with few threats, abundant oases, and more culture than Margaret can shake a bow at. besides, you may have missed the part where the Empire decided to march in because the Dwarven nation's equivalent Beaston was recently granted greater rights and the little big man baby emperor was afraid that his resident monster town would get ideas about personhood! heck to the oppressors, that's what I say. even Kod would find this pretty messed up and, let's be honest here, he was a fool.

debate 13a politics with me. the greatest debater will receive a signed copy of the 13a expansion book, "13 Forms: The Complete Bureaucratic Structures of the Icons".

Challenge accepted, on the stipulation that it instead be the basic book for 13th age as I do not have it (though I may still debate even if that is not possible).

So you see-

General Ironicus posted:

The Dragonspawn a generation ago were afforded rights somewhat equivalent to livestock (a lesser personhood primarily based on their usefulness as troops), and the emergence generation were often considered a born-evil, shoot-on-sight monster race. By carving out a slice of literal wasteland in the shadow of the Abyss, Eridu had the advantage of negligence. Now that being ignored is off the table it's time to see what the course of history will be. There are assimilationists, but they tend to move away to the Empire proper and don't have the numbers in Eridu to make much difference.

Sheesh. I still feel their best chance is to simply enact change peacefully and remain with the empire. The Emperor is young and impressionable, more ideologically malleable. Slots would do better to teach the kid the error of his ways through spooky ghosts special effects. This would also help all of the various non human races of the empire.

Edit: Wait, I just realized That was a joke. I am still up for this though.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 29, 2014

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I enjoy how the rogue elements are acting like a reverse fellowship of the ring. Instead of uniting the people to fight their common foe they're instead dividing them making it easier for the demonic armies to divide and conquer them. What Bella said so long ago about them causing the apocoplyse while trying to stop it seems to be becoming more and more true.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I just figured if there was that much seperatist sentiment within the city, they would have just char broiled all of the guards by now and declared independence.

I mean, Imperial troops are just normal guys, clad in either armor that will do them no good, or fry them from the heat it absorbs from the fire. Are there more troops in Eridu than Citizens?

I am even more convinced now that the best solution to this is for Slots to do pull an A Christmas Carol and visit the young Emperor with three Ghosts which show him the error of his ways. It worked with The extremely stubborn Ebeneezer Scrooge, it should easily work for an impressionable youth such as the young Emperor.

Even if Slots hates the Empire, this would still help so many people. On top of that, the Imperial palace likely has the best library in the empire, with secret documents useful for who knows what. making the Empire benevolent would do far more good than destroying it, which would do a lot of bad.

Even if Slots wants to replace the Empire with a more democratic government, it would still make more sense and cause less damage for him to simply use subterfuge to create a faction within the empire to directly usurp control from the Emperor, since you would not have to rebuild all the diplomatic and administrative infrastructure within it.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 29, 2014

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They're probably better off sticking with the Empire for now and just petitioning for better rights. The new child emperor (whatever his name is) has already proven to be overzealous in protecting his territory, and unless Eridu finds themselves a powerful group willing to get into a scrap with the Empire, a try for independence would be more trouble than it's worth. Also, Margaret would probably try to kill the rest of the party before she'd give up a foot of imperial soil.

Come to think of it, Regulus might be seated on imperial soil now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

Come to think of it, Regulus might be seated on imperial soil now...

Depends on whose territory the Colossus sits.

• Locked thread