Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm trying to install/set up Skype and wow this interface is ugly and clunky. Do people really use this?

it's fine when the chats and the buddy list isn't connected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi. This game is weird.

BTW, if anyone ever wants to chat and they don't already have me, I can normally be reached on steam chat:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/KingBurgundy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
(soundtrack to this post)

When I laid my head down to sleep last night, my mind filled with dread. I could only think of this game, this popularity contest. I thought of names. The names of you, my fellow players. I realized with so much heartbreak, it would kill me to vote for any of you.

We all had the same thought when we joined this game. We all knew it was designed to cause as much drama as possible. But we shrug, and thought there was little difference between this and the forums Survivor games. It would be fun we said to ourselves. We were all so wrong.

But when I laid down last night, my mind plagued with these dark visions of the future, I realized what the game really was. It wasn't even a game, it was a social experiment. And then I remembered the quote in the OP.

winvirus posted:

This is how [he] plays these kinds of games. He picks on one person to ostracise and forms a gang against that person in order to manipulate the game. He leads from a culture of fear by making you think if you cross him you'll be the next to go and once he has the numbers he just rides roughshod over everything.

As we all know, this quote is about Winvirus. And as it swirled around in my brain I realized what this truly is. I saw the truth, the monstrous truth. This thing was designed so the only winning strategy in the game is to do exactly what that quote says.

Winvirus designed this so the winner will become a monster. They would lose all humanity, and lead from a culture of fear and ostracize players one by one. The terrifying truth is, the winner would become another Winvirus. Even now, he is still the puppet master.

As I realized this, I shot up from my bed and screamed. This couldn't be it, I thought, I didn't want to win like this. There had to be another way.

And as I lay there, I saw a light. I saw another way. A way to save us. A way to save everybody. A way to defeat winvirus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Wl8ngvZ8

If we play this game for long, the lucky ones will be those to leave first. The longer we stay in, the more we will become a monster. And the winner... The winner would become another Winvirus.

Or you guys can quit and let me win the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Haha. Capps you crack me up.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nexal posted:

Haha. Capps you crack me up.

QUIT THE GAME

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

oh my god.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i was on board until your terrible font choice for the ending card

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
As I am no longer lying, I have to say that I will not be quitting. but I legit kind of wanted to as a result of that video

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I mean yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that sure is something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

Well that sure is something

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
I think it's unfair that that Nicolas Cage pillow is going to haunt my dreams even though I'm not the one sleeping on it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

As I am no longer lying, I have to say that I will not be quitting. but I legit kind of wanted to as a result of that video

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

All of that is pretty accurate, except you can't quit. If you "quit" (stop posting, etc.) you will simply be eliminated upon the second failure to vote and at least one person would just snatch that tasty prize so go for it, I guess?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

mr.capps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
(soundtrack to this post)

Or you guys can quit and let me win the game.

Haha this is beautiful!

I give you my word - if two other people quit, I will probably also leave the game to show my support.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha this is beautiful!

I give you my word - if two other people quit, I will probably also leave the game to show my support.

I was thinking somewhere along lines if mills quit now the person with second most would be eliminated which would be hilarious to see.
Virus crushing these dreams.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dammit it's too late to switch my vote to Capps

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am taking bribes now.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i bid 1 hug.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was a great video

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Capps I'm going to send that to everyone in your high school and you'll be ridiculed forever

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i need to realtalk this thread for a minute

if you think i'm being aggressive with you

me of all people

passive, overly trusting, and idealistic

by saying it's your loss if you don't get a point

i hope that continues to be the hardest sort of "aggression" you experience in your life

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

it's just like i'm back in high school

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

passive, overly trusting, and idealistic

do you really believe that :what:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in the forums games yea

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

HulkaMatt posted:

it's just like i'm back in middle school

ftfy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

like if you think i'm some villainous figure because I couldn't literally ally with over half of a given game of survivor or w/e that's your right but it's dumb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hulk is actually a good example! in two games planning on cutting me later but I beat him to it and I'm some duplicitous jerk for it or something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love life

I hate popularity contest

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mr.capps posted:

I love life

I hate popularity contest

quit the game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

same, but the reverse

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hey im gonna go catch a ppv if mark hunt loses im gonna give immunity from my vote to the first person to quote this after this round

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i am the only one who can save you all

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

mr.capps posted:

i am the only one who can save you all

Will you save me from the next round =)?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Tremendous Taste posted:

hulk is actually a good example! in two games planning on cutting me later but I beat him to it and I'm some duplicitous jerk for it or something

you're not a jerk I just clearly didn't want you to beat me to the punch this time!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

you're not a jerk I just clearly didn't want you to beat me to the punch this time!!!

I wasn't going to :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i don't believe you

• Locked thread