Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Gravitee posted:

I'm not that dumb.

Edit: I think i just need to either lose trophies or upgrade my TH, probably both, so I'm not constantly outmatched.

Someone clearly has not read the OP.

That, or your first sentence is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

read the op

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gravitee posted:

I'm not that dumb.

Yes you are. Read the OP.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Gravitee posted:

OK I keep looking but where can I find these "basic principles"? I'm dumb.

I've looked at lots of YouTube videos but they never discuss this stuff.

Technically it isn't the OP, it's the second post, but still. Pay better attention.

ixo posted:

You can ignore all these other stupid words, but click here to LEARN HOW TO LURE A GODDAMN CLAN CASTLE

Honestly there's only 3 basic principles you need to learn.

1) How to lure the CC.
2) How to drop your troops so that they go where you want them to and don't circle the outside of the base.
3) How to judge whether or not a base's collectors are full or not, since the collectors are usually the easiest source of resources.

All of which can be learned by reading the OP and the second post.

Gravitee posted:

I think i just need to either lose trophies or upgrade my TH, probably both, so I'm not constantly outmatched.

Until you hit TH10 and have full TH10 defenses and a fully upgraded army you will ALWAYS be outmatched. But you shouldn't upgrade your TH unless you've got the majority of things you can do at your TH level completed, and here's why :

Let's use 3 examples of bases. Base A is TH4, Base B is TH5, and Base C is TH6. All three bases have 100k of each resource available.

If you're TH4, then you can hit all three bases and earn 100% of the available resource. But when you upgrade to TH5, suddenly Base A will only give you 90% of the available resources, while Bases B and C still are at 100%.

When you upgrade to TH6, now Base A is only work a paltry 50k resources. Base B is 90k and Base C is 100k. Of course, Base A will be the easiest to attack because at TH6 you have more troops and, hopefully, higher level troops. But that's why you won't get much from it.

Out of curiosity, what TH level are you right now? And what level are each of your troops?

Also the reason I'm posting this big wall of text right now can be blamed on world of warcraft queues, so I promise I don't usually get this worked up by poop games.

khy fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 16, 2014

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rip wespent

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Alright fine, I'm dumb.

TH 7 with 4* archers, barbs, wizards, 2* dragon.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Indeed. Any other clans have room that are good at war with high participation? I am mid TH8, and can attack good.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
3 spots in 2poor opened up for wespent refugees

edit: oh you said GOOD at war hm

ixo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 17, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I'm pretty sure at least one spot will be opening up in UGA after our current war. Rhyfelwr, if you're reading this, you're on the block for inactivity.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

gromdul posted:

Indeed. Any other clans have room that are good at war with high participation? I am mid TH8, and can attack good.

Come to PEKKA. We haven't lost a war in the few hours I've been here, putting things well ahead of wespent.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

ExtraFox posted:

I'm pretty sure at least one spot will be opening up in UGA after our current war. Rhyfelwr, if you're reading this, you're on the block for inactivity.

He said he was back the other day.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
A lot of us went to pekka, yea

Edit: the higher ups have asked me to request grom and Tyler come to pekka as well

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 17, 2014

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

But Not Tonight posted:

He said he was back the other day.

Must've missed that. This is why I don't purge until after war ends. :downs:

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post

ExtraFox posted:

Must've missed that. This is why I don't purge until after war ends. :downs:

We arbitrarily do what we want without reason don't misrepresent us.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I don't know if it's just because our clan name starts with a number, but anytime the clan is open we get pubbies applying every 30 seconds or so. If you wanna join us but don't meet the trophy requirement just PM me or post here. One spot left.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ixo posted:

I don't know if it's just because our clan name starts with a number, but anytime the clan is open we get pubbies applying every 30 seconds or so. If you wanna join us but don't meet the trophy requirement just PM me or post here. One spot left.

i would like to join goonsir

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
We spent is no more?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
It still has nearly 40 members. Its a good clan full of good people. They just aren't good at wars lately. Its cool to be casual, I just want a higher level of toilet 'sperging.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Booties posted:

We spent is no more?

A bunch of people(sadly, the ones I generally recognize as being mostly active) left after we lost our last war by like 3 stars. I think this is our 3rd or 4th loss in a row now, so I can understand the frustration.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

neogeo0823 posted:

A bunch of people(sadly, the ones I generally recognize as being mostly active) left after we lost our last war by like 3 stars. I think this is our 3rd or 4th loss in a row now, so I can understand the frustration.

For the record, I don't really mind losing. Losing by single digits with 30 of 70 attacks unused is pretty frustrating though.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
2poor is currently having a contest to see who can kick the most pubbies. Say something in chat if we kick you (repeatedly) on accident.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sweet cannon, though

Put this in the OP

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I've been kind of busy the past few weeks and apparently have not been warring enough, so I got booted from 2Poor. Are any of the other goon clans open?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
WeSpent500Dolla has like 15 spots open, come join us!

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Is this game horrible on battery life for anyone else? I will play in 10-15 minute increments (lots of nexting) on lunch break or on the train to/from work for like 30 minutes total a day and my battery charge (Nexus 5) just disappears.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What level should I get hogs to before starting to use them? heard they were kinda meh at level 1.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Nalesh posted:

What level should I get hogs to before starting to use them? heard they were kinda meh at level 1.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

gromdul posted:

It still has nearly 40 members. Its a good clan full of good people. They just aren't good at wars lately. Its cool to be casual, I just want a higher level of toilet 'sperging.

lmao at people that play this game to do anything besides get drunk and talk poo poo about whoever your football team is whipping on/getting whipped by in clan chat

sperg edit: Out of the last 10 wars, UGA has won 7 :smugdog:

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 17, 2014

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

neogeo0823 posted:

It wasn't that we lost, we've lost a million wars and I didn't care because people actually participated. It was that we would have won easily if people had just attacked. Our star ratio well over 2.0 stars per attack, but we lost 73-75. Only like 43 attacks were used out of 100. It was frustrating to spend like 500-600k elixir on CC troops and attacks, and then no one even care to use them.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

But Not Tonight posted:

lmao at people that play this game to do anything besides get drunk and talk poo poo about whoever your football team is whipping on/getting whipped by in clan chat

sperg edit: Out of the last 10 wars, UGA has won 7 :smugdog:

football is for fags so i dont know where ur getting at

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

McSpankWich posted:

It wasn't that we lost, we've lost a million wars and I didn't care because people actually participated. It was that we would have won easily if people had just attacked. Our star ratio well over 2.0 stars per attack, but we lost 73-75. Only like 43 attacks were used out of 100. It was frustrating to spend like 500-600k elixir on CC troops and attacks, and then no one even care to use them.

I got 5 4* archers, a wizard, and a single, IIRC 0*, healer that did diddly poo poo in my CC last war. :saddowns:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

McSpankWich posted:

This is why I don't mind everyone making fun of spergs of war. We usually have less than 5 attacks missed per war, unless we are absolutely blowing out the other clan.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

neogeo0823 posted:

I got 5 4* archers, a wizard, and a single, IIRC 0*, healer that did diddly poo poo in my CC last war. :saddowns:

Healers actually heals your defenses, it's still a poo poo defense troop but it actually does something :v:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
We made fun of twerkel because at the time everyone was warring constantly and his being an rear end about participation was ridiculous. Now it's like he's the only one still on the right page as the clans slowly turn into little gay communes that don't do anything

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

no but you see it's just a pooping game

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
im going to come out of the closet now and tell all of u that 98% of the time i play clash of clans i am not sitting on a toilet

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
GTC just got matched with a reddit clan. Yay

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Dirk Pitt posted:

GTC just got matched with a reddit clan. Yay

did you find their subreddit yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Nauta posted:

im going to come out of the closet now and tell all of u that 98% of the time i play clash of clans i am not sitting on a toilet

you mean come out of the toilet, right? why are you playing coc inside of a closet...