Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would like free AVs and also mangaposting.

Vote for me 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What is your opinion on tiny arms though?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If they're good enough for the world's most popular dinosaur then they're certainly good enough for the world's most famous detective played by Warren Beatty in a motion picture.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

If they're good enough for the world's most popular dinosaur then they're certainly good enough for the world's most famous detective played by Warren Beatty in a motion picture.

:golfclap: Nice.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

General Whisper of a Rose question

I played about 2 hours of it over the weekend. I like the look and feel of it (mainly because it's *not* stock stuff), as well as the story. I don't think I'm in far enough to give you an adequate review, but it's held my interest for 2 hours (and that's 2 hours of not clicking through endless conversations), which is approximately an hour and 30 minutes longer than most RPGMaker games keep me engaged. It's nothing groundbreaking (again, only 2 hours in), but it's entertaining. I may go so far as to say "charming" (without any sarcastic connotation).

The only drawback is that the full screen mode seems to be locked at 1024x768, so I stick to playing it in windowed mode.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 18, 2014

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I thought the MangaPosting had a certain charm to it. Mods missed a trick though, they should have let Freak Futanari carry on MangaPosting but only they could do it and if they ever made a non MangaPost then they got banned.

Anyway, for those of us that are fans of HOGs and got the Humble Bundle of them a while back, the next Time Mysteries in the series is on sale all week.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Helith posted:

hey should have let Freak Futanari carry on MangaPosting but only they could do it and if they ever made a non MangaPost then they got banned.

That was the original stipulation I believe.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but Mashed is on sale for a bit more than a buck. http://store.steampowered.com/app/281280 Someone brought it up in the thread fairly recently and it reminded me how much fun I had with the game playing local co-op with friends.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We Slay Monsters released on Early Access. But wait - it mixes rogue-like combat with...poker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Acquire Currency! posted:

People who can't enjoy Goat Simulator make me sad. Like how you pity a stupid person or something.

This is a few pages back, but I told you to get over yourself. Turns out, I misread and thought you were making GBS threads on anyone who liked the game, rather than the opposite.

We were arguing for the same side. Sorry man (or lady) :smith:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Now the healing can begin.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Palpek posted:

We Slay Monsters released on Early Access. But wait - it mixes rogue-like combat with...poker.

Psh, poker requires other people, where's my rogue-like/solitaire combo?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jamfrost posted:

Now the healing can begin.

rollercoaster of emotion today in the steam thread

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Holy crap, you can kill a cat in GTA 5. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4KAUQKFgY

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Ban this sick filth

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Tezzeract posted:

Holy crap, I can't watch that for more than 5 seconds and not because of the cat.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Tezzeract posted:

Now in first person perspective!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'd gladly kick the guy that made that video.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's okay, GTA5 promotes equality among rampant pet slaughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6kZAriC8dE&t=2582s

The Kins fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 18, 2014

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Come to think of it, can you still pat cows in the new AssCreed game?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uncharted 2 is the best video game with animals because you can pet yaks and attain the rank of BEAST MODE, but it is unfortunately not a PC game.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tezzeract posted:

This video looks amazing and sounds terrible. Seriously though, looks almost like they rebuilt the game from the ground up in FP mode. Hope the melee fighting isn't awkward though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Postal 2 let you use a cat as a shotgun silencer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6kZAriC8dE&t=2582
EDIT: Uhh, hmm. Apparently video tags don't like linking to a specific time?!

Use the URL tags instead.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Kins posted:

[video type="youtube"]P6kZAriC8dE&t=2582[/video]
EDIT: Uhh, hmm. Apparently video tags don't like linking to a specific time?!
[video type="youtube" start="2582"] is how you do it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I hope GTAV is good.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Palpek posted:

[video type="youtube" start="2582"] is how you do it.
Thanks, fixed.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

This video looks amazing and sounds terrible. Seriously though, looks almost like they rebuilt the game from the ground up in FP mode. Hope the melee fighting isn't awkward though.
I'll see if I can get a bit video of fighting up. Works the same as before, no extra stuff buttons.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Freak Futanari posted:

I hope GTAV is good.
It is. Handling various vehicle types alone is great.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I beat Wolfenstein: The New Order last week and I heavily recommend it for anyone who likes Half-Life 2 inspired shooters like Metro: Last Light. It has its faults - mainly that, like with most AAA games, the money went into interior decoration and tiny vanity levels (walk on the moon for 2 minutes, walk the ocean floor for 1, visit an Assassins Creed game for 5 minutes) and not into the mechanical level variety.

Unlike most games whose designers are failed wannabe filmmakers who have nothing to back up their love of cutscenes, here the writers and the director (not sure about the correct designation) actually knew what they were doing and the story is laid out in a very satisfying way. Halfway through there is a fantastic, missable (apparently?) scene with the resident crazylady Tekla, who delivers a monologue commenting on the nature of respawning, which reminds about the I-Ching theme of The Man in the High Castle. Lot of great, not overwrought character moments all around.

Jew Science Crysis Suit and the Jewish Death Ball are bonkers in the best way, shame that the latter was spoiled in a fantastic trailer (the game had the best marketing campaign in ages).

Hope they will make a sequel.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 18, 2014

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

moloo posted:

What's the cheapest GPU I can get for an In-Home Streaming player that will decode 1080p on beautiful?

I just ran a 100ft of cat5 to a i5/r9 gaming pc in my room so I can stream to this lovely win8 HTPC in my living room (1.8ghz core2duo/4gb/7800gt 256mb).

Problem is, I can't get acceptable FPS on anything above 720p/balanced. The HTPC reverts to software decoding even though it's enabled.

What super cheap budget GPU can I pick up that will hw decode like a champ?

No one answered, so I will throw out that a friend of mine ran Cat5e from his desktop to his PC and spliced the ends to HDMI. It worked, but I can't remember if 100ft is past the deterioration length or whatever it's called.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Has Rockstar unfucked San Andreas yet? If not, gently caress GTA V.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

Has Rockstar unfucked San Andreas yet? If not, gently caress GTA V.

Oh who cares about some lovely old Ps2 game. Get with the times Grandad.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

GTA V is San Andreas the sequel so it's ok.

gyger
Feb 19, 2010
Super Motherload is currently half price. Any opinions on this game?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you're still playing San Andreas, it better be in SZR.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a few pages back, but I told you to get over yourself. Turns out, I misread and thought you were making GBS threads on anyone who liked the game, rather than the opposite.

We were arguing for the same side. Sorry man (or lady) :smith:

It's okay man, no hard feelings as long as we can both enjoy some Goat Sim later.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

gyger posted:

I don't know but I really like Motherload clones like Steamworld Dig so I'm getting it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

gyger posted:

Have you played Steamworld Dig? It's more or less the same thing but 2.50 on the Humble Store right now.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I clicked on Blue Flamingo in the New Releases section because it sounded like some kind of noir adventure or something but it's actually a shmup.

Apparently the graphics are all made from hand-crafted models, like in The Swapper and Samorost. Looks neat, but kind of simple? Sounds like it's mainly a score attack thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Zombie Samurai posted:

Apparently the graphics are all made from hand-crafted models

Yeah, I can tell. :haw:

I can see a solo cup, an aerosol spray can, a hinged plastic produce container like the kind I get grapes in... random model kit sprue clippings,

This is great!

• Locked thread