Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So how do you activate the accelerator in the PS4 version, the store is blank when I bring it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They need the "people yelling in an empty warehouse" effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0&t=17612s

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I'm totally fine with everything being text if it means you get tons of different cutscenes and branching paths. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

But yeah, for my wrestling games I would much rather have more stuff than voiced scenes. Hell even give me stuff like Smackdown 2 where you don't even get text dialogue, let me fill in the blanks in my head haha.

Agreed, unfortunately we're probably in the minority since it seems a lot of people younger than us who didn't grow up reading their games don't want to start now.

This is going to be the dorkiest post I've ever written and that's really saying something on a pro wrestling message board but this made me think of something.

Every wrestling game besides booking sims like TEW seems to treat wrestling as a shoot. Has there ever been a wrestling game where you play an individual wrestler that recognizes that it's all a work? Pulling off worked matches in a action game would be very difficult but a GreyDog type sim game where you start off as an independent wrestler fresh out of school trying to establish a career could be fun.

Many of the mechanics should be pretty intuitive, like if you're willing to take stupid gimmicks and do jobs your coworkers and the bookers will love you but you'll never get very over. If your moveset consists of a lot of spectacular and dangerous spots you'll be very over in certain feds if you can pull it off right, but the risk of botches and injuring yourself and other wrestlers increases and people may not want to work with a vanilla midget who tries to do Ganso bombs regularly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spongeh posted:

YEA!! why DOESN'T 2k have a computer speech research lab for their sports game! fuckin just trying to make a quick buck off of DLC instead of trying to solve very hard computer science problems for their games!

Solves very hard problem, makes a 10000x more money off licensing the tech to other companies. All because some limbdick nerd wanted to have John Cena says fart jokes he never actually ever said.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Commentary is still abysmal in this game, not surprised though. I've just come to expect it in this series. Cole has different inflections, that one moment it sounds like he's on the edge of his seat, then immediately afterwards there's one where he's practically hushed. Lawler's is a lot more uniform.

Movement wise, this game is so much better than previous versions. People have weight to them and you're not just zooming around using run all the time anymore. The stamina system is working out quite well too. There's three stages of your stamina bar, light blue, dark blue, and purple. If you completely drain a stage, you can't get it back. The first few matches I played, I went balls out trying to land every move I could, while it did hurt the stamina of my opponent, I also dropped to the last bar of stamina which made closing out the match a bit more difficult. I actually found myself losing some matches because I couldn't keep up on offense as much once that happened. It took a lot longer to get back up and gave my opponent time to recover. A few good reversals and the CPU put me away.

Also, triggering the comeback ability (aka rapidoooooooo mode), gives you unlimited stamina for a period of time. Thank god they balanced it too. You can't do finishers or signatures during that time. Otherwise you could store finishers, trigger comeback, and hit them all without losing any stamina.

The visuals are... Meh. I can tell they were going for accurate ring lighting, but something just feels so... washed out about it. I bet if they took a year off to really polish the next game, it'd look a hell of a lot better. Models are also hit and miss, textures are a lot sharper and more defined though, so that's a plus.

Tonfa posted:

So does this just make the gameplay even more imbalanced in favor of (super)heavyweights than before, or are there actual tradeoffs?

Heavy guys lose stamina a heck of a lot quicker. So even though they hit hard, they won't be able to rapid fire their moves as much as a lighter guy. It also seems like the window to reverse is tighter when facing a guy who's faster. Playing the John Cena vs Rey Mysterio match I couldn't reverse Rey's ground attacks at all. That could be a combination of me being bad and playing on legend difficulty though.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 18, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So how do you activate the accelerator in the PS4 version, the store is blank when I bring it up.

It doesn't seem to be up yet. Why they didn't put it up at midnight with the game I have no clue, but I bet it will be up whenever Sony updates the PSN store this afternoon.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheJoker138 posted:

It doesn't seem to be up yet. Why they didn't put it up at midnight with the game I have no clue, but I bet it will be up whenever Sony updates the PSN store this afternoon.

They did the same thing last year. It's kind of baffling.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

They did the same thing last year. It's kind of baffling.

How the gently caress do you import custom images into the ps4 version?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheJoker138 posted:

How the gently caress do you import custom images into the ps4 version?

https://wwe.2k.com/wwe2k15logo/home.php

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like the way 2k15 plays, except for the chain grapple system, but all of the creation modes suck. Real cool how all I can do to make my entrance is mash together other current wrestlers' entrances or use the one custom one they included that's a lovely cell phone joke.

It also appears that I can't have different shoes on my guy in his entrance attire and in his ring attire.

Edit: it would also be nice if any of the content I stupidly paid extra for was working but I assume that'll be fixed soonish.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 18, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One cool little detail is how during an Elimination Chamber match, when Ziggler and Bryan started fighting, Lawler started talking about how Ziggler's gone on record to say that he would love nothing more than to do a 60-man iron man match with Bryan and how that would be such a fun match to see.

In other news, a few months ago, I asked for help on this article on weird wrestling video game moments. Unfortunately, since it wasn't topical, my editors shelved it for later. With WWE 2K15 out, they finally posted it. Thanks again for everyone who gave me a hand with that.

The 25 Weirdest Moments in Wrestling Video Games

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gavok posted:

One cool little detail is how during an Elimination Chamber match, when Ziggler and Bryan started fighting, Lawler started talking about how Ziggler's gone on record to say that he would love nothing more than to do a 60-man iron man match with Bryan and how that would be such a fun match to see.

In other news, a few months ago, I asked for help on this article on weird wrestling video game moments. Unfortunately, since it wasn't topical, my editors shelved it for later. With WWE 2K15 out, they finally posted it. Thanks again for everyone who gave me a hand with that.

This was a really good article. I loved them mention of Bam Bam's Wrestlemania epilogue. My brother and I used to play Wrestlemania at the pizza place, and the first time he cleared the game (he always played Bam Bam), we saw that and were so disturbed it put us off the game for months.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gavok posted:

It's so loving crazy that they're willing to put effort in to have neat little moments like that but 90% of the commentary is "WHAT A MANEUVER" and "The CAT LIKE (wrestler who just did a high spot no matter what his actual style is)" poo poo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

This was a really good article. I loved them mention of Bam Bam's Wrestlemania epilogue. My brother and I used to play Wrestlemania at the pizza place, and the first time he cleared the game (he always played Bam Bam), we saw that and were so disturbed it put us off the game for months.

Bam Bam Bigelow was a murderer and I don't know how to accept that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So the first thing I did was went and updated the teams. Which basically meant deleting almost every single team in the game because none of them are around anymore. The only ones still left are the Usos, Cody/Golddust (I put in a Stardust CAW instead of normal Cody), and then I put in New Day who haven't even debuted yet. This game has made me realize just how insanely dire the tag team division is, although I guess there's no Slater/Gator or Los Matadores in the game.

Also where the gently caress is Rusev? I know he's in the last gen version from the Giant Bomb quicklook, but he doesn't seem to be around here. I need to make him US champ, drat it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

So the first thing I did was went and updated the teams. Which basically meant deleting almost every single team in the game because none of them are around anymore. The only ones still left are the Usos, Cody/Golddust (I put in a Stardust CAW instead of normal Cody), and then I put in New Day who haven't even debuted yet. This game has made me realize just how insanely dire the tag team division is, although I guess there's no Slater/Gator or Los Matadores in the game.

Also where the gently caress is Rusev? I know he's in the last gen version from the Giant Bomb quicklook, but he doesn't seem to be around here. I need to make him US champ, drat it.

You unlock him in MyCareer when you make the NXT roster

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

You unlock him in MyCareer when you make the NXT roster

The accelerator needs to hurry up and release because I have no idea when I'm going to actually do that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

The best thing about the Druid Taker storyline is that if you lose the match at Wrestlemania a bunch of Druids show up after the match, and you can fight them. You can't beat them though. You are already weakened and they are damage sponges. Eventually you get KOed and a cutscene plays of the druids surrounding and beating you down. Then they stop surrounding you and its revealed you have become a druid and you leave to the back with the rest of the druids.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Minor correction: Kwang did have a brief feud with Adam Bomb. Nobody cared.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gavok posted:

Now I really want to play that Super Fire Pro Wrestling game. That is amazing.

EDIT: Looking up the game it makes total sense that Suda 51 was in charge of it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rusev was unlocked from the start for me. Weird.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

The_Rob posted:

Now I really want to play that Super Fire Pro Wrestling game. That is amazing.

EDIT: Looking up the game it makes total sense that Suda 51 was in charge of it.

Wasn't there another Fire Pro game where you literally killed Antonio Inoki? And I seem to recall No Mercy for N64 having super over the top moves if you had the Game Boy version, or at least it was planned.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I had the accelerator from the start. Odd.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Lazer posted:

Cole has different inflections, that one moment it sounds like he's on the edge of his seat, then immediately afterwards there's one where he's practically hushed.

Excited Cole soundbytes are probably recycled from the PS2 era games when he did commentary w/Tazz and actually sounded like he was enjoying himself.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

I had the accelerator from the start. Odd.

What console are you on? It went up immediately for xbone, but not ps4.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Tried and failed against Bo Dallas, Rusev, and Corey Graves. Failed. Regal puts me against Sami Zayn. I practically squashed him.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Disappointed that that not a single CAW has been posted yet. I want to see what the custom textures, especially the facial ones actually look like in game.

Anyway, I won't be getting this right now like I planned. Too much genuinely good stuff like Dragon Age and Smash brothers coming out now so I'll wait til the end of December or whenever the next lull in releases happens.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey, My Career is pretty darn accurate. I keep having great matches on Superstars and Vicki keeps telling me creative has nothing for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lodin posted:

Disappointed that that not a single CAW has been posted yet. I want to see what the custom textures, especially the facial ones actually look like in game.

Anyway, I won't be getting this right now like I planned. Too much genuinely good stuff like Dragon Age and Smash brothers coming out now so I'll wait til the end of December or whenever the next lull in releases happens.

majority of the caw community is waiting for the pc version, a lot just left outright over the removal of the creation suite. im gonna wait to see how much the pc version can be tinkered with.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

We will all turn to dust before a PC version drops.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I still have no idea how to affect face/heel alignment. Exposing turnbuckles seems to do nothing

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

PunkBoy posted:

Wasn't there another Fire Pro game where you literally killed Antonio Inoki?

Iron Slam 96, where every ending is just doing celebratory poses while Inoki clutches his chest and collapses, as he feebly tries to get to his feet.

The franchise is supposed to be pretty lighthearted most of the time it has anything like a story, but then you have the entries where everyone loving dies.

edit: also, Super Special hasn't been translated. But, regardless, it has some wacky/grimness:
-Your character gets his rear end whupped in the UWFi and wanders around the streets, dejected and getting kicked out of bars, until Karl Gotch shows up and makes you fight in the UFC.
-Your mentors in the beginning are super-goony looking Undertaker, surfer Sting, or Rick Rude. You know, the classics.
-When you beat Dynamite Kid for the final time of his career, he gives you a wistful smile and a farewell, before declaring "DYNAMITE KID... OVER!" as he throws himself from the torch of the Statue of Liberty.
-The ingame graphics are still hell of cartoony for how relentlessly depressing the story is.
edit: Plus, I can never get over how great the character select portraits are.

LvK fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 19, 2014

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
You can't say that and not post pics of the Goondertaker.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

The Bee posted:

You can't say that and not post pics of the Goondertaker.

M'lady.

(sadly, ingame, he just looks like the Undertaker)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

LvK posted:

M'lady.

(sadly, ingame, he just looks like the Undertaker)

He looks less likely to Tombstone you and more likely to belt out some soulful yet awkward jazz.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I dunno if dlc and the accelerator are still being a butt on the ps4 version, but you can snag em from here anyway https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/search/f=%5Ewwe%2B2k15%7Cbucket~games?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is really loving weird. I kinda like it, but it just seems so slow and unresponsive. It reminds me of like the RAW series on the original Xbox.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also is there anyway to change existing superstars entrances? I'd really perfer Cesaro to come out to Real Americans

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LvK posted:

Iron Slam 96, where every ending is just doing celebratory poses while Inoki clutches his chest and collapses, as he feebly tries to get to his feet.

The franchise is supposed to be pretty lighthearted most of the time it has anything like a story, but then you have the entries where everyone loving dies.

edit: also, Super Special hasn't been translated. But, regardless, it has some wacky/grimness:
-Your character gets his rear end whupped in the UWFi and wanders around the streets, dejected and getting kicked out of bars, until Karl Gotch shows up and makes you fight in the UFC.
-Your mentors in the beginning are super-goony looking Undertaker, surfer Sting, or Rick Rude. You know, the classics.
-When you beat Dynamite Kid for the final time of his career, he gives you a wistful smile and a farewell, before declaring "DYNAMITE KID... OVER!" as he throws himself from the torch of the Statue of Liberty.
-The ingame graphics are still hell of cartoony for how relentlessly depressing the story is.
edit: Plus, I can never get over how great the character select portraits are.

Can I start a kickstarter to get this game translated? That sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Spookiest thing in 2k15 so far - performance center sparring with ADR, who conjures a ghostly chant of "SI! SI! SI!" From an empty warehouse through a simple taunt.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 19, 2014