Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

new_shield.gif

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

new_shield.gif

Good job getting hit beforehand to get rid of aegis.

hexal
Sep 7, 2011
You said that shield was ugly the first time you saw it. Is your addiction that bad?

Haha, of course it is.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

new_shield.gif

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Crimsonbeak posted:

Looks like they changed the Carapace Armor acquisition method for this chapter. It is an achievement reward instead of being tied to completing the Living Story. So you only get 1 per account now vs 1 per character like the last piece. Then you can buy the other 2 pieces at 1000 crests + 2 gold each.

I got one for completing this chapter of the LS. It's in the Master of Peace Bequest box.

It's a really short chapter, but it was fun. The bosses were challenging and I love the look of the maze. Also Caithe :stare:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

According to a leak from ArenaNet, Caithe is actually you from the future.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmmm, what is roughly the current total gold cost for leveling a character to 80?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Hmmm, what is roughly the current total gold cost for leveling a character to 80?

Through just crafting? Probably north of 150g now with the way mat prices have ascended. :laffo:

Not Pictured: My fuckin pact bow. How do you make weapons show on the character screen?!?!??!?!?!?! Can you even do this? Am I stuck with open world shots? gently caress!

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 19, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok. Nope. Noooooope.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

For reference just doing Artificer, Jeweler, Cook, Tailor to 400+ and Weaponsmith to around 225 cost me about 115g because cloth and logs are insane.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Digital_Jesus posted:

For reference just doing Artificer, Jeweler, Cook, Tailor to 400+ and Weaponsmith to around 225 cost me about 115g because cloth and logs are insane.

Did you use gw2crafts.net?

[edit]
Also, were equipment boxes in the game at release? I can't remember. Gave a protip to a friend of mine who's just getting back into the game to make an equipment box since he likes to swap out different weapon sets/builds a lot. He had no idea there were specific bag types, haha.

teagone fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 19, 2014

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yes those costs are using the crafting guides and buying only the minimal mats necessary in addition to using crafting boosters the whole time.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Arus please add this to the OP under esports, thanks:

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Kessel posted:

What... what? :psyduck:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

new_shield.gif

Sooner or later I am going to sign you up for some serious help.

e: day glowing gloves were not a real fun thing to get on the first day, just like the shoulders!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kessel posted:

The gently caress.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

CLAM DOWN posted:

new_shield.gif

Sorry Arus, that shield simply doesn't work with Moot. You'll have to get rid of it. :(

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

teagone posted:

The gently caress.

E athletes are literally manbabies

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

Oh my god, I just noticed the GW2 logo, this is the real poo poo, added.

Jan posted:

Sorry Arus, that shield simply doesn't work with Moot. You'll have to get rid of it. :(

NO

e: "Major" PvP update (calling it major while including no new maps or game modes or mechanics or features is hilarious): http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-launch-major-pvp-update

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 19, 2014

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It's fun to mock other cultures!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

e: "Major" PvP update (calling it major while including no new maps or game modes or mechanics or features is hilarious): http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-launch-major-pvp-update

Prepare for turret engies to get nerfed into the ground.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

Schpyder posted:

All good things must come to pass.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ItBurns posted:

Which major PvP update added underage booth babes with water bottles?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

By current standards, any update to pvp that's more than just tooltips is pretty major.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Jackard posted:

Which major PvP update added underage booth babes with water bottles?

that's a baby bottle dude

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Schpyder posted:

oh god pls no :ohdear:

rap music fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 19, 2014

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rap music posted:

oh god pls no :ohdear:

Won't happen, we already had a token nerf (accel-packed radius reduction) and turret engi isn't that great in the high bracket. Keep on trucking.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
So does the PvP update on December 2nd mean there is no Living Story update coming that week?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Kessel posted:

I'm sorry guys but sometimes I esport so hard I forget to drink mountain dew/eat dorritos so I've hired a helper.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

ItBurns posted:

I will never mock the great Chinese tradition of being bottle fed by busty chicks while esporting ever again.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

If he played turret engi he wouldn't need to keep his hands on the keyboard and could feed himself

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That picture really raises more questions than it answers.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Kessel posted:

Holy poo poo, Kes. :stare:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
That was taken from hour 21 of a tournament to see who could get to level 10 first without buying anything from the cash shop.

The winner got the Superr Maga Goodman VIP Special pack that lets you use offhand weapons.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

quote:

The biggest and best change however has to be the addition of a dishonor system, where players who quitting matches will see their rating affected.

First of all, there already is a dishonor system, but secondly and more important, there is currently no possible way to exit a rated match without exiting the entire program for the full match duration. The "leave match" button is disabled, it won't let you use items like the terrace pass or HoM portal stone, and even if you exit the game and then log back in on a different character it just dumps you back into the same match you were in before. You also can't decline your queue, when the timer is up it throws you into your match regardless of what you were doing in the overworld.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is either Anet is going to add the ability to leave ranked matches, or they're just advertising a feature that already exists???

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

First of all, there already is a dishonor system, but secondly and more important, there is currently no possible way to exit a rated match without exiting the entire program for the full match duration. The "leave match" button is disabled, it won't let you use items like the terrace pass or HoM portal stone, and even if you exit the game and then log back in on a different character it just dumps you back into the same match you were in before. You also can't decline your queue, when the timer is up it throws you into your match regardless of what you were doing in the overworld.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is either Anet is going to add the ability to leave ranked matches, or they're just advertising a feature that already exists???

Clearer on the official site.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-improvements-to-pvp-and-the-ladder-test-season/

quote:

The update will include a host of other improvements to PvP. We’ve overhauled the entire flow of how a player enters PvP. Rosters are a thing of the past; now you can simply join with your party. Players now have to confirm before entering a match, so 4v5 situations can no longer occur from people going AFK. For players who do drop out, the Dishonor system has also been improved to better handle bad behavior.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Kessel posted:

what's going on with this kid's KB? it's got so many extra keys around the arrow keys, weird place to put macros.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

From the creators of "September 2014 Feature Pack" comes a Major PvP update...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Kessel posted:

This picture fills me with so many different emotions its hard for me to articulate how I feel about it

• Locked thread