Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I agree with Jeff Gerstmann on DLC: If what you spent $60 on feels like a complete game then DLC is fine. This does not feel like a full game. This does not feel like half of a game. gently caress their DLC bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Gerstmann's specific comments were also directed at actual DLC, not poo poo locked away on the disc. If it was actually additional code to download then that at least wouldn't be as insulting.

And yes, again. Because this is a big problem, especially when the basic game you are given access to is so utterly barren. In terms of the story showcase thing there is literally more locked away behind a secondary paywall than there is as standard! There is no reason to let 2K off the hook for this one and every reason to crucify them for it. This is the single worst case of a publisher smugly gouging its customers since horse armour. They're handing you a fractured, limp husk of a game and not only do they expect you to pay full whack up front but they also want you to pay almost the same amount a second time over to gain access to the remainder of the game's shambling corpse. '13 and 2k14 were not well-polished games by any stretch, but even they seem complete and competently made compared to 2k15.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 19, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The only thing that 2K can do at this point is a lot of make good free DLC to add stuff back in like match types and creation parts/entrances for wrestlers not in the game.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
If they attempted to patch this game in order to finish everything properly, I daresay the patch would be a bigger download than the whole original game.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

pressedbunny posted:

If they attempted to patch this game in order to finish everything properly, I daresay the patch would be a bigger download than the whole original game.
Or they'd just end up releasing an updated version in 6 months ala Capcom.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.

I remember Killzone being $40 like a week or two after launch of the PS4. It's not unheard of...

Perigryn posted:

The only thing that 2K can do at this point is a lot of make good free DLC to add stuff back in like match types and creation parts/entrances for wrestlers not in the game.

Hahahahahaha. Are you serious?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The patch will cost $80 and come out next year around this time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Astro7x posted:

Nah XD. They'll just say "everything'll be fixed next year...maybe"

A man can dream though...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't anticipate much of a price drop for new-gen games in a short turnaround. A drop to $40, maybe. I remember when Microsoft had their $20 collection and that was a big deal, but we're a ways away from that in this gen (those sorts of deals heavily favored platform exclusives, too). second-hand is your best bet.

According to a leaked GameStop sales flyer, 2K15 will be $40 for Black Friday. Probably some other deals will pop up as well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I will say one thing for 2k15, despite the shift to more realistic mycareer stuff, I can successfully make a tiny green skinned alien man who has diva moves like the butt shake moonsault and multiple slaps, so like...that's worth a B at least.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to the Giant Bombcast, I have learned that Kevin Nash loved Syphon Filter

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Astro7x posted:

EA did this with Mass Effect 3, to be fair.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Sony is also doing it with Drive Club. It's not unheard of.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Those games are not yearly sports titles.

We have always hoped for Wrestling game DLC to give us new features and wrestlers before the next game is released. It will never be that, and looks to not be changing from locking away a good portion of the roster that is already on the disc.

Why give us those modes for free when it can be a feature of WWE 2K16.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CDProjekt did it with their lovely english port of the Witcher

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Has anyone tried adding a face to their CAW? I tried it just now, it sort of works, but good luck getting the skin tone to match. It looks like my CAW has a weird sticker on his face. Also, adding it then trying to change the skin colour immediately make the face much darker/orange for no reason. Possible bug? Any tips? The official "tutorial" made it look so easy :(

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What is the difference between the Weight Detection moves and the regular grapple moves?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A guy can't use regular moves on a dude two weight classes above him. So the fallback option is there for light heavyweights and cruiserweights who try to lift super heavyweights and heavyweights+, respectively. If you're makinng a cruiserweight you want to stack your dude with non-lifting moves to prevent them from repeating the same move over and over.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Is there a way in 2k15 to copy community creations attires to a wrestler's attire so it can be an alt attire rather than eat up a CAW slot? (i.e. Use a current Seth Rollins that someone made instead of making it yourself without taking up a slot or Hollywood Miz?)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Is there a way in 2k15 to copy community creations attires to a wrestler's attire so it can be an alt attire rather than eat up a CAW slot? (i.e. Use a current Seth Rollins that someone made instead of making it yourself without taking up a slot or Hollywood Miz?)

Nope. All edited wrestlers take up a CAW slot. Of which you only get 25.

Man, imagine how much more we could have if we didn't get 11 different CM Punks and enough John Cenas to form their own stable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bee posted:

Nope. All edited wrestlers take up a CAW slot. Of which you only get 25.

Man, imagine how much more we could have if we didn't get 11 different CM Punks and enough John Cenas to form their own stable.

None, because those are on the disc already and not the HDD (unless you have the digital version), so it has nothing to do with CAW slots?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I still think the CAW limit may have something to do with either microsoft or sony or both having limits on how much space is allowed to be allocated for a single game

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

I still think the CAW limit may have something to do with either microsoft or sony or both having limits on how much space is allowed to be allocated for a single game

Halo: MCC had a twenty gig patch in addition to it's full blu-ray size, so if it's one of the two companies doing that, I doubt it's them.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

patches typically overwrite existing data and also that's a first-party microsoft title so who knows what kind of rules can be bent, but yeah i'm just speculating. it has to be some kind of technical reason though.

i still really wish these games would take a year off for a full reboot because thats what they really need but WWE and 2k would never have that happen

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 20, 2014

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
people also found crashes in halo:mcc on day 1 that result in full stacktrace/frame information dumped onto the screen, which is supposed to be an instant horrible cert failure, but here we are.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

patches typically overwrite existing data and also that's a first-party microsoft title so who knows what kind of rules can be bent, but yeah i'm just speculating. it has to be some kind of technical reason though.

i still really wish these games would take a year off for a full reboot because thats what they really need but WWE and 2k would never have that happen

Halo's day one "patch" was less a patch and more downloading all of the multiplayer separately though, so it's not actually overwriting anything.

What they should do is let Yukes make next years game, but also have a different team already working on 2k17 at the same time. And then fire Yukes as soon as 2k16 is done and make the new team the main team.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

slightly off-topic but i'm watching the 2k15 quick look and as much as i love jeff gerstmann he has some terrible wrestling opinions

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

slightly off-topic but i'm watching the 2k15 quick look and as much as i love jeff gerstmann he has some terrible wrestling opinions

It makes it very hard to listen to podcasts like Powerbombcast. A lot of them have horrible opinions and their fantasy booking ideas often rival the WWE thread on the scale of horrible ideas.

Reminds me of David Shoemaker constantly suggesting that Hulk Hogan be a central character on Raw in 2014 when I listened to Cheap Heat a few months ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kenny omega just offered swery a spot in the biz cliz

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TheJoker138 posted:

Halo's day one "patch" was less a patch and more downloading all of the multiplayer separately though, so it's not actually overwriting anything.

What they should do is let Yukes make next years game, but also have a different team already working on 2k17 at the same time. And then fire Yukes as soon as 2k16 is done and make the new team the main team.
I'd be fine with them alternating the 2K series with a revived AllStars franchise (with DLC updates for each)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

look at the photoshopping on this cody rhodes portrait

cody what happened to your torso

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
WWE 2K14 Greatest Hits (1987 - 1992 Era Caws)

Amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Highest profile release of the year, widely lambasted by many people because the ending was awful. The only free content was to fix up the ending a bit.

TheJoker138 posted:

Sony is also doing it with Drive Club. It's not unheard of.
A high profile release which will eventually be free on PS+ for all (hahaha not) which simply didn't work properly at actual launch of the paid version. Much higher profile than 2k15.

Basic Chunnel posted:

CDProjekt did it with their lovely english port of the Witcher
A smaller game than 2k15, which is why they're decent with their customers and fans. CDProjekt made the enhanced edition of Witcher 2 free, as well as added proper tutorials to help teach how to play because that's what CDProjekt do.

The first two did it out of a sense of obligation, the latter did it out of decency. 2k won't feel the former, and certainly not the latter.

WWE 2k15 is too large for 2K to add all this new stuff free of charge to curry good favour to help secure the future of their development studio like CD Projekt had to, and way too small for the audience and general gaming populace to be up in arms because it's a terribly underfeatured bad game.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Jesus, the amount of work that must of gone into this is amazing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm honestly digging my Warrior Engine XXV game in TEW2013. It's a Big Japan clone and I've actually started a fun storyline involving one of my top heels. He accidentally eliminates his stables leader in a battle royale for a title shot and he gets kicked out of the stable (The Society of Bastards) and gets destroyed in a Deathmatch with him taking a sick bump at the end. He misses a couple of shows then returns for a triple threat for the world title against the champ and his former stablemate. His former boss eats the pin and the guy, who is working a simpleton gimmick decides that since he wasn't pinned then he was the champion and gets his brother to send him the ECW-equivalents world title.

It's actually really fun to just run the ideas in my head. It's a shame that my boss has declared that I can't hire anyone with less than 35 charisma and they can't be older than 38. That means that only four of my main eventers can be re-signed and a fair chunk of my upper-midcard are in the firing line due to age. So that isn't ideal at all.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

epitasis posted:

kenny omega just offered swery a spot in the biz cliz

would love to see what swery would do with a wrestling game

Also using Halo as a measuring stick for what games are allowed to be on consoles is crazy because MS would allow Halo to break any and all of its rules just because it's that important to them.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

simosimo posted:

I've just blew my own mind with this discovery:

So I was watching Surfer sting's entrance for 2K15 which featured this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hm1ekNY9Ws

I never watched surfer sting so I was curious to see what his theme was; and it IMMEDIATELY hit me! It's a song from a childhood VHS I used to have, basically for motorsport / stunt racing VHS tapes. I KNEW I knew the song from somewhere. I found the advert [commercial] on YouTube also amazingly and lo and behold they're the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvgjyyScKQ

Bastads just slowed it down. I know this happens all the time [esp with WCW] but I just thought it was awesome. I loved those Stunt Crazy / Stunt Mania VHS :)
Car Wars was the poo poo. I had volumes 6, 7 and 8 and the greatest hits compilation. Looking at that commercial, I thought it was weird they included the Brands Hatch F3000 crash that literally shattered Johnny Herbert's legs, as Car Wars usually didn't feature any crashes that led to injuries.

Wait, which thread am I in again? Oh yeah, wrestling games. That 2K4 Greatest Hits is a proclick, I can't even begin to guess how much time and effort went into that. I also didn't think I'd ever see a Sean Mooney CAW in anything.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
I think a closer comparison would be the UFC game by EA, which has updated with 14 extra free fighters since it was released.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

AlbertRayon posted:

I think a closer comparison would be the UFC game by EA, which has updated with 14 extra free fighters since it was released.

This is a good example.

They also patched in a whole bunch of game mechanics that aren't just cosmetic like new ways to do reversals, a big change to how you recover if you're constantly blocking and the way you catch kicks. Oh yeah and they also moved some fighters around in weight classes to better reflect what's going on right now (like having Nick Diaz in Middleweight).

There's also mostly cosmetic poo poo like being able to finish with a flurry, tap gloves, and stuff like that.

EA could have been lovely and charged $1 for stuff like actually having the Bantamweight title holder in the game, but they put it in for free. I don't know if the bean counters at EA don't care about the UFC game or how this happened.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there really no way to edit / copy your MyCarear CAW ? Dumb.