Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
drat these missions that ask me to blow poo poo up, when I lack any sort of fire starting weapon and can't get explosives yet!

I even purchased a couple of merry whether's ammo drops for molotovs, and I aint getting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

When you get your hair done, there's a slider at the bottom where you can change the color up on your hair, eyes, eyebrows and facial hair. It makes flipping through the hair so much more streamlined.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I completely missed the color palette first time around with the hair.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
The few missions I've been able to launch online so far have amounted to "save some fuckboy who won't follow you" or "gather some equipment that doesn't exist". What the gently caress? All this poo poo worked somewhat well on the old gen consoles and now basic poo poo like the equipment not spawning after trying to get the job to launch for 15 minutes isn't acceptable in my opinion.

Just got a new one "steal the locked helicopter".

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, I accidentally made my transferred character look like a hideous box so I had to start a whole new character who is not an uggo. My only regret is that I can't get a pink car yet :( I liked pissing people off with my giant pink Manana convertible.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Welp, I accidentally made my transferred character look like a hideous box so I had to start a whole new character who is not an uggo. My only regret is that I can't get a pink car yet :( I liked pissing people off with my giant pink Manana convertible.

If you're in LLJK our crew color is pink. I dunno how much it costs though. 25k?

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
It looks like "Busted" matches are down right crazy when locked to first person view only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGpgoQU6T8

I am definitely going to have to get one of those started up one night.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I guess I will be the jerk who says it: I am disappointed that Passive Mode has been improved. When you're passive, you're ghosted to everyone around you, like in non-contact races. It now works in cars, too. :argh:

This is going to cut down on a lot of my free roam fun. Thinking of creative ways to get people in passive was one of my favorite things to do.

I'd also LOVE to rank up my new character but Rockstar has other thoughts about that. I cannot load into a job - I keep getting kicked.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 20, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you're in LLJK our crew color is pink. I dunno how much it costs though. 25k?

Requires level 10

Also it's just the emblem iirc

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kelly posted:

I guess I will be the jerk who says it: I am disappointed that Passive Mode has been improved. When you're passive, you're ghosted to everyone around you, like in non-contact races. It now works in cars, too. :argh:

This is going to cut down on a lot of my free roam fun. Thinking of creative ways to get people in passive was one of my favorite things to do.

I'd also LOVE to rank up my new character but Rockstar has other thoughts about that. I cannot load into a job - I keep getting kicked.

Is this ps4 and one only?

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Must be, I was getting passively run over and blown up in my car last night.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

I am on PS4, so it seems like it might be? Wonder why they can't make that happen on the PS3 and the One.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Kelly posted:

I was playing on PS4 and got killed while in passive mode. Only difference was that they had to pay my hospital bill.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I made a new GTA Online thread -> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682735

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

I was playing on PS4 and got killed while in passive mode. Only difference was that they had to pay my hospital bill.

You sure you were in passive? I saw it multiple times. Some lower level guy killed me for my bounty, him and his buddy went into passive immediately after he killed me. Both climbed into their cars, and they were still in passive. I tried running him over, I went right through him.

They've been paying hospital bills for awhile now - couple updates back.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Kelly posted:

You sure you were in passive? I saw it multiple times. Some lower level guy killed me for my bounty, him and his buddy went into passive immediately after he killed me. Both climbed into their cars, and they were still in passive. I tried running him over, I went right through him.

They've been paying hospital bills for awhile now - couple updates back.

Yeah, it told me that he had to pay it because I was in passive mode and it wouldn't let me access the weapon wheel because i was in passive mode.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

geeves posted:

I've been working on this the past day or two. Finally had some time to get one written up. Plus I needed to use the new character creator first.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Missions payout and RP based on time. A mission or two that's good for this.
2) Same for races? I've found that a good threshold for more payout and RP is about 4 minutes. It's not a huge bump, but if you race solo just to mess around like I do it helps.
3) Can no longer change your hair color at the salon?

Cool. I don't have answers to your questions but I'm definitely looking forward to a new OP. I joined up a bit yesterday and was confused as gently caress, and the races were terrible, with me just getting rammed down an alleyway and held there buy a car or two so that I had to keep respawning and then I'd just get rammed somewhere else. I don't mind getting rammed occasionally on accident or even on purpose maybe, but this was pretty deliberate and they'd just pin me somewhere and not even try to race. It was pretty stupid. Eventually found a goon on my friends list and joined him and had fun, so mainly I just need to play with Goons I guess. I had forgotten how bad pubbies were, and I guess I had hoped I'd left most of that nonsense on 360 when I switched to PS4. I'm not sure what I was expecting, in retrospect.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, it told me that he had to pay it because I was in passive mode and it wouldn't let me access the weapon wheel because i was in passive mode.

Weird - it was operating in my lobby earlier the way I described. There must still be some kinks to work out.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Hey does the pearlescent-over-matte-paint-glitch still work? This is crucial... CRUUUUCIAAAAAAAAAAL!
I haven't tried doing it on PS4 (from what I remember the method was patched out in the last gen version? I'm not sure) but the one matte/pearlescent car I had on PS3 kept its paint job when I transferred it.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Do people still have cargobobs on ps4 if they had one on ps3? i hardly ever use mine but ill be mad as hell if it goes away, you hear me R*! :argh:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Hey does the pearlescent-over-matte-paint-glitch still work? This is crucial... CRUUUUCIAAAAAAAAAAL!

Yep. Well, it does for Pearlescent Over Classic, so doing it to Matte shouldn't be any different.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Forgot how fun it was ruining people's day. Got into an attack chopper with GlitterBob. Rocketed some dudes. He gets shot, I get shot. I spawn. I snipe one guy from 2 blocks away as he tries to take off in said chopper. As I'm 1 block away, another guy is going for it. I snipe him.

I barely get away with a smoking chopper.

Good times.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

poopzilla posted:

Do people still have cargobobs on ps4 if they had one on ps3? i hardly ever use mine but ill be mad as hell if it goes away, you hear me R*! :argh:

Xbox 360 --> Xbone here and I still have mine, so you should be fine.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scyron posted:

drat these missions that ask me to blow poo poo up, when I lack any sort of fire starting weapon and can't get explosives yet!

I even purchased a couple of merry whether's ammo drops for molotovs, and I aint getting poo poo.

Shotguns right into the engine area, ideally through the grill. Also, shotguns towards the rear driver side tire area, so you can catch the gas tank.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Are people still getting dumped into lobbies alone? I've been alone in public lobbies all night. Can't join crew sessions, it keeps telling me no crew members are online, but Maniac Cop just invited like 15 of you to a mission that are in LLJK.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Yes. When I just connected to a lobby it literally kicked everyone else out.

Though this was the first lobby that wasn't LLJK almost exclusively.

Also a new thread is up. So we can let this one die.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
So now turbo makes cars slower. :laugh:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

The need for a :rockstar: emote grows every day

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sapient Afro posted:

The need for a :rockstar: emote grows every day

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Kelly posted:

Are people still getting dumped into lobbies alone? I've been alone in public lobbies all night. Can't join crew sessions, it keeps telling me no crew members are online, but Maniac Cop just invited like 15 of you to a mission that are in LLJK.

yeah, happened to me 3 times in a row. I finely got in a lobby with 2 other LLJK guys for twenty minutes and then i got dropped and an error message. I tried to get back in but i got dropped into a solo lobby two more times.

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

Feenix posted:

Forgot how fun it was ruining people's day.

Oh hey that was you! I was having pretty bad connection issues and somehow ended up alone in another session right after respawning. Still got to witness the aftermath, someone's character was sitting in the nearly destroyed Buzzard as an NPC in my session.

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to get their poo poo together and pay me my missing preorder bonus cash. In the meantime I'm definitely down for some more pubbie hunting, races and/or missions on PS4 this weekend if anyone else feels like it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

GlitterBob posted:

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to get their poo poo together and pay me my missing preorder bonus cash.

The way you get it is completely not apparent nor explained at all, what platform are you on?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GlitterBob posted:

Oh hey that was you! I was having pretty bad connection issues and somehow ended up alone in another session right after respawning. Still got to witness the aftermath, someone's character was sitting in the nearly destroyed Buzzard as an NPC in my session.

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to get their poo poo together and pay me my missing preorder bonus cash. In the meantime I'm definitely down for some more pubbie hunting, races and/or missions on PS4 this weekend if anyone else feels like it.

I covered this in the new thread. Goto the PS4 store while in the game and you'll see the download packs with your cash.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
I've been really enjoying the next-gen version.

Character customisation is so much nicer, and you can finally have interesting hair colours! That said, when you import your character they start pretty caveman-esque.

Is everyone here on PS4 now?

Also, why are the gloves and boots from the team update only available with the team clothing? That's ridiculous. There's barely any practical footwear for women otherwise.

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 21, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

geeves posted:

I covered this in the new thread. Goto the PS4 store while in the game and you'll see the download packs with your cash.

Yo geeves, I don't really see a reason for two GTA online threads. I think most people playing on ps3 now will be switching to ps4 or pc at some point in the future, and while it's sad to lose all of the history in this thread, your new op is good.

I will be playing on ps3 for a bit longer, and so are a lot of people in this thread. In the spirit of keeping the community together across platforms and generations, can you change the op to read something like, 'this thread is heavily current generation, however ps3 and future PC players are welcome.'?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

Yo geeves, I don't really see a reason for two GTA online threads. I think most people playing on ps3 now will be switching to ps4 or pc at some point in the future, and while it's sad to lose all of the history in this thread, your new op is good.

Oh hell no.

You know this thread only got 3-5 posts per day before the current gen version came out.

Now we'll get about 1 post / day pertaining to last-gen, and I really don't want to read through 35 "how do I do X on PS4 I haven't played since 2010" posts before I get to it.

This thread is mine now

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
hell yeah 360 goons. I'm getting on now, let's gently caress up some white dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

• Locked thread