Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Abu Dave posted:

This game is very bad but I can't stop playing MyCarear. I've put about 20 hours into it so far.

I've only owned about two wrestling games since the n64 days, and I'm having a blast with this. The actual gameplay is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for, took a few days to get decent but now I'm at the point where most of my matches are interesting with a little back and forth. The CAWs I've seen so far available to download look better than I was expecting, and the roster is still fairly large, so I'll be enjoying this for a while I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lol when you win the Heavyweight title in MyCareer the game ends and simulates to your retirement match at the end of the "15 year career mode"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol when you win the Heavyweight title in MyCareer the game ends and simulates to your retirement match at the end of the "15 year career mode"

Wait... so you don't even get to defend the title or anything?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

Wait... so you don't even get to defend the title or anything?

What do you think this is, WWE 2K16, now with expanded myCareer mode?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jubs posted:

So it seems that Career Mode is just controlling a create-a-wrestler through Universe Mode, same cut-scenes and all. You are also only allowed to wrestle on 3 PPV's a year. Once you become champ, it auto sims you to the last match of your career.

Sup

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I missed that post.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah, they don't tell you what ones are special though in the Clothes chooser. So you have to remember what they look like. :/

This game is very bad but I can't stop playing MyCarear. I've put about 20 hours into it so far.

Why do you keep writing "MyCarear" in all of your posts, is this supposed to be some sort of butt pun that you're trying to get everyone on board with??

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep forgetting how to smell it

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Looks like Survivor cards are coming to Supercard next week. Meaning next week sometime is when they lose Pro Prizes for KOTR.

From here: https://mobile.twitter.com/wwegames/status/535965540268130304

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I downloaded Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and a roster pack and now I can't stop simming tournaments. I'm trying to organize a 32 team Survivor Series Tournament. I'm having trouble thinking of 32 teams though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Liar Lyre posted:

I downloaded Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and a roster pack and now I can't stop simming tournaments. I'm trying to organize a 32 team Survivor Series Tournament. I'm having trouble thinking of 32 teams though.

Well, one team has to obviously be Kai En Tai DX.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Liar Lyre posted:

Tiger Masks 1,2,3, and 4

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I was gonna make a serious list but I immediately thought of Las Tortugas Karatecas and I'm pretty sure it's not getting better than that

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Maybe it's because i haven't played a wrestling game in ages, but i'm really enjoying 2K15.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm enjoying it too, but seriously? An XBOne only bug where your save data/unlocks vanish randomly? Game first 'forgot' I unlocked Rusev, then just ate my progress on the showcase mode. Dumbest part is my career save's there. I mean, sure I could use the Accelerator, but I don't want EVERYthing unlocked, just the poo poo I already had. I've always thought the all or nothing approach that they use is silly. Why not let the Accelerator unlock individual things?

And on the forums they're blaming it on not shutting the app down completely, which, um... that's basically a selling point of the consoles?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
A good month this month, so even though I said I wouldn't get this right away, I did! And i'm glad I did because the fundamental wrestling is great!

I like the chain wrestling thing; not really sure what the 3 rock paper scissor thing is at the start, but I figured out that the Right analogue stick wiggle (sort of like the ladder match mechanic from a couple of years ago) is to gain control. Also you can land a strike or hold if you gain control, and I haven't figured out how to cancel / stop the mini game?

I'm also not so sure on the grappling, do we have strong and weak grapples now, as it seems the 'lock up' animation stage is gone? It used to be lock up with X THEN press direction and X, but now it goes straight into a big move. I know that R2 is now the limb targeting which used to be R1.

It's early days yet but the slower pace is fantastic, as is the stamina animations. The only thing I would say is, i'm not sure how easy it will be to do squash matches / quick matches now due to the pacing, everything seems to be a clinic. Not bad by any means, but Xavier woods and Curtis Axel on the first match of raw doesn't have to be 5 star :)

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I've been able to pull off some 1 minute 5-star squash matches in My Career. Stomping a player when he's down seems to build your momentum pretty quickly for a finisher.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I think the grapples are contexual to the opponents health and whether or not they are stunned when you initiate a grapple. But I could be wrong, I didnt play any of the other 2k games.

Also, can you JUST initiate a chain grapple instead of a regular move? The "manual" explains absolutely nothing. It doesnt even tell you how to pick up an opponent from the mat.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chain grappling only happens at the beginning of the match, you can't do it whenever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which makes sense, how often do you see guys exchange hammerlocks during the comeback?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

Which makes sense, how often do you see guys exchange hammerlocks during the comeback?

Gulak.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
That's cool if it's relative to their health. I like the little clubbing moves at the start, it just feels good. Especially kicks to dudes on the floor, nice and chunky feeling. Shut up Hugh morrus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
DO YOU EVEN WANNA BE HERE?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So many little things:

As a stickler for environments also, it's so nice to see everything so crisp after the same models being used since SVR2007. Stuff like the barricade featuring individually moddelled pads on top, the announcers chairs being high poly, even the ring apron now has a bit of polygonal ruffle to it.

On my big telly it looks brilliant, and the ring apron logos are so crisp and high resolution. I'd love to have seen 2K14 the game (30 years WM) be the first next gen release but hey ho. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of DLC.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

simosimo posted:

So many little things:

As a stickler for environments also, it's so nice to see everything so crisp after the same models being used since SVR2007. Stuff like the barricade featuring individually moddelled pads on top, the announcers chairs being high poly, even the ring apron now has a bit of polygonal ruffle to it.

On my big telly it looks brilliant, and the ring apron logos are so crisp and high resolution. I'd love to have seen 2K14 the game (30 years WM) be the first next gen release but hey ho. I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of DLC.

They may have taken a good amount of stuff out, but what is there is incredibly well done. I'm really enjoying the pace of the matches. I don't feel like I'm out of it immediately once the AI gets a couple of moves in. Especially with the stamina system, there's a lot of chances for either side to make a comeback.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make sure you always get your three punches in for each chain of the chain wrestling that you're the offense. You can easily take away 1 bar of life from the opponent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AlbertRayon posted:

They may have taken a good amount of stuff out, but what is there is incredibly well done. I'm really enjoying the pace of the matches. I don't feel like I'm out of it immediately once the AI gets a couple of moves in. Especially with the stamina system, there's a lot of chances for either side to make a comeback.

Tell me about it. Messing about in Universe, got a Falls Count Anywhere match as part of a feud between Sheamus and Rowan (which is loving perfect and I love that the game set it up), was SURE I had Sheamus down after spearing him through the barrier, he kicks out at 2.999, catches a punch on his way up from the deck and counters into the High Cross with one of the finishers he had stored. Typically for Raw, this was the undercard to a Cena overcoming the odds angle.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Swagger Dagger posted:

Chain grappling only happens at the beginning of the match, you can't do it whenever.
Chain grappling is connected to stamina. You've got 3 stamina bars, dark blue / light blue / purple, and if you've got chain wrestling enabled then whenever you grapple (provided both characters have comparable strength) you enter the minigame. When you've got someone in a hold, their stamina gradually drains, and when one wrestler crosses from dark blue to light blue stamina, chain wrestling stops. You can break the chain by hitting two successful transitions. There's an achievement for striking or wrenching 5 different holds, which necessitates breaking the chain long enough for your opponent to recover stamina.

As for regular grappling, it works like this - when you tap the grapple button without using a direction on the stick, you go into a front headlock and from there, you can access your light grappling, standing submission and dragging opponents around. Tapping the grapple button while using the stick activates your medium grapples. Holding the grapple button with the directional stick activates strong grapples. So the new system is sort of a halfway point between the old AKI games and modern Yuke's. It also cuts down on the move bloat that you had with 3 different front grappling positions, which is frankly more than fine since in 2k13/2k14 high difficulties usually saw most of your move attempts reversed and you never got to see them anyway.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

My PSN handle is basic_chunnel, in case anybody's also doing MyCareer and is sick of being stuck in feuds with default CAWs Tommy Wall and Ray Rich

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Basic Chunnel posted:

My PSN handle is basic_chunnel, in case anybody's also doing MyCareer and is sick of being stuck in feuds with default CAWs Tommy Wall and Ray Rich

I'll add you likewise for another CAW in MyCareer on PSN Mr_Wibblesworth

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Cool deal.

Also - Vickie Guerrero: "you think you're hot poo poo? Prove it and give me 4 consecutive 4 star matches."
CAWman: *puts on 4 consecutive 5 star matches*
VG: "I knew you weren't up to the job"

I think maybe the career mode wasn't balanced for players as accustomed to these games as I am because I'm halfway through my Smackdown period and I had to actively nerf my guy's abilities because his overall stat was higher than Cena's.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Okay, looks like the new SuperCard tier is gonna be released this week. So, I guess when my KOTR ends today, I'm not gonna start a new one until I get my freebie.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Cool deal.

Also - Vickie Guerrero: "you think you're hot poo poo? Prove it and give me 4 consecutive 4 star matches."
CAWman: *puts on 4 consecutive 5 star matches*
VG: "I knew you weren't up to the job"

I think maybe the career mode wasn't balanced for players as accustomed to these games as I am because I'm halfway through my Smackdown period and I had to actively nerf my guy's abilities because his overall stat was higher than Cena's.

Yea I don't even bother adding to my stats now because I murder everyone even Brock Lesnar who I thought would be a beast.

I just purposely lost my shot at the championship by smashing Orton across the face with a chair.

Is there any way to become a heel without getting yourself DQ'd?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

smashpro1 posted:

Okay, looks like the new SuperCard tier is gonna be released this week. So, I guess when my KOTR ends today, I'm not gonna start a new one until I get my freebie.

Same. I entered one last Legendary KOTR to see if I could maybe get my way to a pair, but it looks like I've got a lot of people trying to do the same, and their setups are way better than mine :(

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It sounds like they hosed with the gameplay and the CAW options in a bad way, which are basically the only two things I really care about or have ever been worthwhile, so I guess I can sit on 2K14, quite honestly the best Smackdown game since 2003, for another year.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Same. I entered one last Legendary KOTR to see if I could maybe get my way to a pair, but it looks like I've got a lot of people trying to do the same, and their setups are way better than mine :(

My exhibition deck is already 5 Legendary Pros, so my freebie Survivor should not take too long to get.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Removing custom soundtracks is the greatest of Yukes's crimes because I can't put Immigrant Song over this

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yeah I honestly can't recommend this game, how can they not better Here Comes The Pain? I mean seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The best thing in 2K15