Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

RBX posted:

When did sunny start on Raw? I wasn't watching back then. Not on the network yet?

Mid-95. Her earlier stuff is on there already. June 26, 1995 apparently.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

triplexpac posted:

What was WWF All American Wrestling? I'm watching a Raw where Owen & Bret did sit down interviews on it to build up their feud. Would be nice if this show was on the Network! If only it were possible.
It was WWF's first cable show, but eventually became the cable version of WWF Superstars and Challenge (which were syndicated). It might feature an exclusive squash match or promo, but it was largely just matches from the weekend shows with different commentary.

WWF Wrestling Spotlight was another show like this, it was syndicated but not nearly as widely as Superstars/Challenge. Bizarrely, it was at one point hosted by Sean Mooney, or his "evil twin brother" Ian Mooney (who of course was just Sean. Sadly I do not recall if he had a goatee or not). I have to imagine this was just Mooney and whoever just being bored and having fun with a show nobody saw, the only time I ever saw it was after midnight.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 20, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In the gift that keeps on giving, WWE apparently forgot to tell Microsoft they postponed the launch in the UK. The app's now up on the XBOne Live marketplace, and the splash screen before log-in prompts you to go sign up on the website.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Danny LaFever posted:

I watched the ECW exposed thing with Heyman and Stiles. Heyman said his fave episode was Wrestlepalooza 97. I can't find it on the network. Is it on the network?

No Wrestlepalooza 97 isn't on the network. It wasn't a ppv but rather a big show that may have gotten a VHS release back then. I imagine they're going to put it up at some point since they've been putting up other big shows that weren't PPVs like Hardcore Heaven 95, November to Remember 95, and Cyberslam 96.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Mid-95. Her earlier stuff is on there already. June 26, 1995 apparently.

She also did some TV work before she was an on-air character. I remember her hosting some live event promos on Superstars before the Bodydonnas started.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TL posted:

She also did some TV work before she was an on-air character. I remember her hosting some live event promos on Superstars before the Bodydonnas started.

If I'm remembering her Austin podcast interview right she did a bunch of the ads for merch they had on those shows, too, and might have actually co-hosted one of the recap shows for a while.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Danny LaFever posted:

I watched the ECW exposed thing with Heyman and Stiles. Heyman said his fave episode was Wrestlepalooza 97. I can't find it on the network. Is it on the network?

There is a Pioneer DVD release of it if you want to track it down, but iirc the Hardcore tv will cover most of the big stuff from it if/when they get that far putting things up. It was early June, so probably the second week of tv that month.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm like 50% sure i have wrestlepalooza '97 on VHS stored away somewhere. it's curious to me that heyman would say that's his favorite show, i don't really remember anything spectacular from it except that i think it might be the show where dreamer finally beat raven?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

triplexpac posted:

What was WWF All American Wrestling? I'm watching a Raw where Owen & Bret did sit down interviews on it to build up their feud. Would be nice if this show was on the Network! If only it were possible.

It's odd because those shows were on the old (kind of more extensive in many ways) on demand service they had

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BillyMays posted:

No Wrestlepalooza 97 isn't on the network. It wasn't a ppv but rather a big show that may have gotten a VHS release back then. I imagine they're going to put it up at some point since they've been putting up other big shows that weren't PPVs like Hardcore Heaven 95, November to Remember 95, and Cyberslam 96.

Thanks. I thought it was a little humorous that ECW week added a bunch of shows but I wasn't sure if either Heyman or Styles favorite ones were made available on the network. You'd think they'd want to have them there even give you a link at the end of their show where I could click and watch them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watched NXT tonight and noticed that PS4 now has the Resume Watching and Watchlist options. Awesome!

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The crowd counting to 22 for the Baron Corbin match and then doing the same for the Bull Dempsey match, followed by a smattering of Boos and "Baron's Better" was fantastic. Watch NXT. I shouldn't have to say this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NXT never fails to remind me of why I started watching this stuff in the first place.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

The crowd counting to 22 for the Baron Corbin match and then doing the same for the Bull Dempsey match, followed by a smattering of Boos and "Baron's Better" was fantastic. Watch NXT. I shouldn't have to say this.

I hope the end game of this is them having a match at the next Takeover which Kevin Steen then interrupts, destroying both of them immediately, and then neither of them are ever seen again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheJoker138 posted:

I hope the end game of this is them having a match at the next Takeover which Kevin Steen then interrupts, destroying both of them immediately, and then neither of them are ever seen again.
Eh not every wrestler on NXT is going to be perfect/good and thankfully this isn't like the main shows since Bull and Baron would be the main event program for the NXT Title

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm watching the newest episode of Monday Night War. Michael Cole is talking about Lita and says, and I quote, "She had the tattoos. She listened to the grunge music."

Is Michael Cole an 80 year old grandma? "The grunge music?" What the gently caress?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm watching the newest episode of Monday Night War. Michael Cole is talking about Lita and says, and I quote, "She had the tattoos. She listened to the grunge music."

Is Michael Cole an 80 year old grandma? "The grunge music?" What the gently caress?
Vince broke him after all these years :smith:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Man, it's disappointing to see them find film footage of Dusty Rhodes winning the title only to black and white the whole thing because he was bleeding.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Cole's youth and vitality has been siphoned off to sustain Jimmy Hart.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

Man, it's disappointing to see them find film footage of Dusty Rhodes winning the title only to black and white the whole thing because he was bleeding.

It's more disappointing to see current-day Dusty :smith:.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Dango Bango posted:

It's more disappointing to see current-day Dusty :smith:.

I grew up with one of Dusty's nieces, and I remember her telling me if you so much as lightly flicked his forehead it would start bleeding.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

If you want to see Dusty as a color analyst on a monster truck telecast, you can see such a thing right here (WTF) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEB_fjZvXKI. He obviously has no clue about anything but just tries to act enthusiastic. It's hilarious.

I watched the "Divas Gone Wild" MNWand it is seriously the most bizarre thing ever. It is somehow trying put the women over while at the same time being wildly demeaning/condescending of them.

Sunny ruled back in the day. I remember as a 12 year old trying to find pictures of her on the WWF's "AOL Site" on the internet in 1996. I also remember playing their lovely trivia game that had like 25 questions repeating. I think I was on a 2600k bps modem. Good times.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's odd because those shows were on the old (kind of more extensive in many ways) on demand service they had

I wish WWE would just throw up all this B-show stuff that doesn't really matter. Give me Shotgun Saturday Night. Give me Velocity. You can't really advertise them as a big deal to draw in new viewers anyway, so just toss it all up there.

What's also nice about that is it'll give us the highlights & best parts of each weeks Raw, since they won't put up that whole archive.

I'm more interested in that than re-watching all the PPVs I've seen a million times already, or watching stuff like Monday Night Wars where they tell me the same main bullet points I've already heard.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

If you want to see Dusty as a color analyst on a monster truck telecast, you can see such a thing right here (WTF) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEB_fjZvXKI. He obviously has no clue about anything but just tries to act enthusiastic. It's hilarious.

I watched the "Divas Gone Wild" MNWand it is seriously the most bizarre thing ever. It is somehow trying put the women over while at the same time being wildly demeaning/condescending of them.

Sunny ruled back in the day. I remember as a 12 year old trying to find pictures of her on the WWF's "AOL Site" on the internet in 1996. I also remember playing their lovely trivia game that had like 25 questions repeating. I think I was on a 2600k bps modem. Good times.

This show is TNN as hell

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Watching some late '96 pay per views from WWE and holy poo poo whose idea was Fake Razor Ramon and Fake Diesel? They loving sucked as wrestlers and the fact that everyone pretended it was still them blows me away.

Thank you WWE Network for showing me this!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Watching some late '96 pay per views from WWE and holy poo poo whose idea was Fake Razor Ramon and Fake Diesel? They loving sucked as wrestlers and the fact that everyone pretended it was still them blows me away.

Thank you WWE Network for showing me this!

Fake Diesel was Kane. Not making GBS threads you.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Fake Diesel was Kane. Not making GBS threads you.

Holy poo poo I never knew that.

Also, how the gently caress was Ahmed Johnson over? What an awful character.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doomsday Jesus posted:

He slammed Yokozuna

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doomsday Jesus posted:

He was large and intense. Until he hit the ring, at which point his questionable cardio took the lead. Which do you think Vince and Kevin Dunn cared more about?

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

coconono posted:

He was large and intense. Until he hit the ring, at which point his questionable cardio took the lead. Which do you think Vince and Kevin Dunn cared more about?

He also had a cool finisher.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I remember as a kid I hated Ahmed Johnson and wanted Farooq to kill him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ahmed Johnson was popular because of his big giant titties and I wont hear otherwise. As a kid I was a huge mark for him and wrote into WWF magazine and submitted a drawing I did of the wonderful Mr. Johnson and this drawing had proportions of 80% breast 15% head 5% legs and arms. I have a memory of it actually being printed in the fan art section but I can't remember if it actually did or if I just wished it so hard that I believed it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Watching some late '96 pay per views from WWE and holy poo poo whose idea was Fake Razor Ramon and Fake Diesel?

According to Jim Cornette, it was something Vince came up with to squeeze life out of the Diesel and Razor Ramon characters after Hall and Nash jumped ship to WCW.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RZApublican posted:

According to Jim Cornette, it was something Vince came up with to squeeze life out of the Diesel and Razor Ramon characters after Hall and Nash jumped ship to WCW.

Also supposedly it was to demonstrate that WWE still intended to use those characters to support a lawsuit against WCW for having Hall and Nash playing their WWE personas while on Nitro.

WCW responded to WWE's fake razor and diesel..... by giving Hall and Nash a new, better contract because they were worried they'd jumped ship back to WWE. :doh:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

Ahmed Johnson was popular because of his big giant titties and I wont hear otherwise. As a kid I was a huge mark for him and wrote into WWF magazine and submitted a drawing I did of the wonderful Mr. Johnson and this drawing had proportions of 80% breast 15% head 5% legs and arms. I have a memory of it actually being printed in the fan art section but I can't remember if it actually did or if I just wished it so hard that I believed it

I was figuring that and his uniform that always seems to get stuck in a wedgie.

Also, how could someone named Savio Vega be such a boring looking lout? I am so glad the network is giving me the opportunity to watch stuff I missed.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I liked Ahmed Johnson because he was an ex-blood doing his best to get out of the gang lifestyle, and he looked tough as hell.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Ahmed Johnson was an amazing promo, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTN3ntW-WHA

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know why, but I also loved Ahmed Johnson as a kid. It wore off sort of quickly, though, as my friends and I just started making fun of him for having a "hungry rear end" because in every loving match he would just always wind up with a wedgie. Like, nobody was trying to give him a wedgie or anything - it was just his tights collapsing into his rear end. So loving weird.

That, and when he started to wear pads on every single part of his body. I've never seen a wrestler wear so many protective pads before in all of my life.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Might I suggest you watch a DLo Brown match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

pressedbunny posted:

Might I suggest you watch a DLo Brown match?

That dastardly D'Lo and his chest protector! By all accounts that torn pectoral should have healed by now!