Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I hope you don't end up regretting it like many of your other choices, calling it <something> AIDS and returning it.

Unless the frame rate is extremely stuttery then I won't be calling it jittery AIDS. And I didn't return Call of Duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

The girl posted about your date, and that you still wear the diaper.

nothing else can contain my huge dong AND be huggably fresh

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I want to play old NES games on the tablet thing, and hit golf balls off of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't own a wii u but i will keep telling people to buy it in the hopes that they invite me over.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

NES Remix or w/e it's called seems cool to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Oh true, how do I get that.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Oh true, how do I get that.

You can probably get it on the eshop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

its a neat concept but they only half do anything with it

there's parts where it's really cool and awesome and then there's just parts where 'get 50 coins in plain old super mario brothers with no changes!'

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

No, its a great move. Theres a ton of great games for Wii U and its the best next-gen console you could buy right now. A Bad move was making this thread cause everyone is gonna come out and tell you all this poo poo about how nintendo is doomed to make smartphone games for the rest of time.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Yea, the tablet is really good for playing virtual console stuff. NES Remix is cool but you can only play the minigames, you cant just play the NES games by themself, its still fun though. Its on the eshop but theyre also coming out with a physical release of NES Remix 1 and 2.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Unless the frame rate is extremely stuttery then I won't be calling it jittery AIDS. And I didn't return Call of Duty.

All of nintendos wii u games have great frame rates, I think generally everything is 60 frames and is really nice looking and smooth.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Vengarr posted:

Nah man, buying the Wii U opens up access to its rich library of games, like, for instance, Smash Brothers. And. Lemme google "top Wii U games".

Holy poo poo. Don't do it man. Don't even repeat that google search. It's scary as hell.

This is dumb, as there are a ton of great wii u games.

Vengarr posted:

That reads like the list of components for some horrifying magic spell to create the shittiest game of all time

Interesting.. All of these are great, and fun games. Fill us in on what games you think are fun, then.

Vengarr posted:

Good thing most of them haven't hit puberty yet

Nevermind,your a retarded troll. Ban him.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I got a Wii U bundled with Mario World, a Super Smash Bros, a japanese Wii U Pro Controller for 430 dollars, it will be here on monday.

Sick, didnt see this.. Well you probably dont want to spend more just yet but you should pick up DKC: tropical freeze when you can, it's a great sidescrolling platformer on Wii U, it's also the best-looking Wii U game and has an incredible soundtrack made by the guy who did all the original DKC music. If nothing else, check out the Tropical Freeze soundtrack on youtube, it's amazing.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Oh, and also mario kart 8 - definitely get mario kart 8, and hyrule warriors is really freaking good too if your into that style of gameplay.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

how dare you, i beat zelda when i was in diapers.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

No, its a great move. Theres a ton of great games for Wii U and its the best next-gen console you could buy right now. A Bad move was making this thread cause everyone is gonna come out and tell you all this poo poo about how nintendo is doomed to make smartphone games for the rest of time.

I'm going to brutally murder anyone who does this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Sick, didnt see this.. Well you probably dont want to spend more just yet but you should pick up DKC: tropical freeze when you can, it's a great sidescrolling platformer on Wii U, it's also the best-looking Wii U game and has an incredible soundtrack made by the guy who did all the original DKC music. If nothing else, check out the Tropical Freeze soundtrack on youtube, it's amazing.
I'm not a DKC fan. I am thinking of Hyrule Warrior, Mario Kart, and uhh, probably Animal Crossing or something like that.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Don't forget to register your stuff on Club Nintendo so that you can get free games. I got Metroid 2, Super Metroid and Kirby Dream Course doing that.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Wormskull posted:

I got a Wii U bundled with Mario World, a Super Smash Bros, a japanese Wii U Pro Controller for 430 dollars, it will be here on monday.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is epic

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is smt x fe actually coming out? Is it just a fire emblem style game with SMt characters, or what?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
no

edit: i see the question in the thread title has already been answered

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Chill Penguin posted:

Is smt x fe actually coming out? Is it just a fire emblem style game with SMt characters, or what?
last I heard they were saying that yes theyre still making it but no theyre not telling us anything about it or when its coming out so its anyones guess really

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mabels big day posted:

Hyrule Warriors is epic

I agree.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played through super metroid entirely on the gamepad

Dec 26, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

i have no idea, but whatever the hell it is, i am gonna buy it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i played through super metroid entirely on the gamepad

Sounds very epic indeed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not a Metroid fan but good on you.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if I may seriouspost for a second here...*aheam*

Play The Wonderful 101.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looper posted:

if I may seriouspost for a second here...*aheam*

Play The Wonderful 101.

Not in a million years.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Chucktesla posted:

Don't forget to register your stuff on Club Nintendo so that you can get free games. I got Metroid 2, Super Metroid and Kirby Dream Course doing that.

This too.. Dont forget about this.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I'm not a DKC fan. I am thinking of Hyrule Warrior, Mario Kart, and uhh, probably Animal Crossing or something like that.

Theres no animal crossing for wii u yet. Really..Dont sit on DKC:TF.. its a great game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I seen a speed run of it and it looked assy. No thanks.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
If you like to game, my friend, a Wii U oughta be right up your alley.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

If you like to game, my friend, a Wii U oughta be right up your alley.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my nintendo id is knomess

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I seen a speed run of it and it looked assy. No thanks.

Wtf..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just not that into uhhh whatever kind of platformer DK is... soz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I'm just not that into uhhh whatever kind of platformer DK is... soz.
its called a 'good' platformer. i understand that might be hard to understand since there hasn't been one made in like 50 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Endorph posted:

its called a 'good' platformer. i understand that might be hard to understand since there hasn't been one made in like 50 years

new super mario bros u was a launch title

• Locked thread