Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Nah, you just have to angle and time it really well. I remember it very well.

Nowadays I just clawshot clip through that room because gently caress doing it normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Twilight Princess pack will let you dress up Link as the Postman, and Zelda as Ilia

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Good God

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey Zelda... Do... do you think you could dress up as my ex girlfriend for me sometime? Spice things up?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

greatn posted:

Hey Zelda... Do... do you think you could dress up as my ex girlfriend for me sometime? Spice things up?

It's actually just part of the psychological warfare she uses for when she has to fight Link.

"Now I'm dressed as the farm girl. Now I'm dressed as that Gerudo woman. Now I'm dressed as your grandmother. Feeling hosed up about it yet?"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
hahha ilia the lady that was poised to be the love interest in tp and then forgotten about because tp link found out he likes the blue ladies

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lessail posted:

hahha ilia the lady that was poised to be the love interest in tp and then forgotten about because tp link found out he likes the blue ladies

fi is pretty

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

veran is a blue lady too is she pretty

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lessail posted:

veran is a blue lady too is she pretty

You just answered your own question.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Other than Koume and Kotake, are there ugly women in the Zelda universe at all?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Impa.

E: If you consider "fat" synonymous to "ugly".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

the fairy queens

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lessail posted:

Uhhh didn't you play the game? Clearly at the very end he goes back to her as a consolation prize when his blue lady smashes the mirror and disappears forever. Then he lives a sad and regretful life just like the skeleton ghost who teaches him his sword moves.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Uhhh didn't you play the game? Clearly at the very end he goes back to her as a consolation prize when his blue lady smashes the mirror and disappears forever. Then he lives a sad and regretful life just like the skeleton ghost who teaches him his sword moves.

one of these games link will end up different than his skeleton ghost dad

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Lessail posted:

It's implied in ALBW that the cool old man that gives you your streetpass challenges and that you can battle is the same Link in ALttP.

Also Wind Waker Link founded a country with Tetra.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lessail posted:

Skyward Sword.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lessail posted:

Oh, rescuing Zelda and fighting Ganondorf, eh? Well, that's cool, I guess. I mean, you know, someone who is a remorseful Stalfos now might have put you into a basket and taken you to a nice little village on the outskirts, far away from the Master Sword specifically so you wouldn't know my eternal afterlife of misery, but I guess you look good in green. I'd offer to take you fishing, but I'm in an incorporeal realm fashioned from my own loss, like you probably will be in a few days. Wanna learn the downthrust?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

oknope posted:

Twilight Princess pack will let you dress up Link as the Postman, and Zelda as Ilia

Look I'm sorry Link, but it's vital that you deliver this message to the Southern keep, and the monsters on the way are too dangerous for anyone else to handle, and the uniform is compulsory for all Hylian messengers. You want the union on our rear end in the middle of a civil war, Link?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Look I'm sorry Link, but it's vital that you deliver this message to the Southern keep, and the monsters on the way are too dangerous for anyone else to handle, and the uniform is compulsory for all Hylian messengers. You want the union on our rear end in the middle of a civil war, Link?

And no, it's got nothing to do with what I'm into or anything like that, Link. Why are you hurriedly putting on hot pants, Impa?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Or y'know he fucks off from that dump forever and dates the princess that was 10 feet from him when the blue lady did the blue lady things

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Someone from before said that OoT was rumored to originally have a romance system and I wonder if TP was going to have the same thing. Between Ilia, Hena's private boyfriend boat, Midna, and those scrumptious circus clowns at Lake Hylia, I'm beginning to think there was a weird guy at Nintendo that desperately tried to sneak a dating sim into Zelda.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 25, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Didn't they kind of put that into Skyward Sword? Sort of?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Endorph posted:

Didn't they kind of put that into Skyward Sword? Sort of?

That tsundere shopkeeper was the weirdest thing. I was like, "is... Is this really happening?"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Chieves posted:

That tsundere shopkeeper was the weirdest thing. I was like, "is... Is this really happening?"

I would have been okay with it if she wasn't seriously weird looking.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emalde posted:

Don't say that about my girlfriend.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Emalde posted:

:thejoke:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

i'm just saying man, when the princess of the fish-people has a better shape and complexion than you, maybe you shouldn't be forcing yourself on other people!!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FutonForensic posted:

Someone from before said that OoT was rumored to originally have a romance system and I wonder if TP was going to have the same thing. Between Ilia, Hena's private boyfriend boat, Midna, and those scrumptious circus clowns at Lake Hylia, I'm beginning to think there's was a weird guy at Nintendo desperately trying to sneak a dating sim into Zelda.

Recalling the shopkeeper in Skyward Sword, and now recalling how "apathetic" the bomchu bowling girl is in Ocarina when you go at night, this makes so much sense.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

Someone from before said that OoT was rumored to originally have a romance system and I wonder if TP was going to have the same thing. Between Ilia, Hena's private boyfriend boat, Midna, and those scrumptious circus clowns at Lake Hylia, I'm beginning to think there's was a weird guy at Nintendo desperately trying to sneak a dating sim into Zelda.

ganbarre, dating sim man

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's implied in ALBW that the cool old man that gives you your streetpass challenges and that you can battle is the same Link in ALttP.

Also Wind Waker Link founded a country with Tetra.

A Link Between Worlds also implies that "Link to the Past" Link and "Link to the Past Zelda" got together romantically.

I forget where, but somewhere in the game it says that the Princess Zelda of the "Link Between Worlds" game occasionally sneaks off to look at a painting of "a princess and a hero" and she looks at it longingly.

Sometimes Link gets the girl and sometimes he doesn't. Skyward Sword Link totally helped repopulate the earth with Zelda.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Where can I read more of your creepy Zelda timeline theories and fanfiction, Spectacle Rock?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Doujinshinet

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ghirahim x Majora's Incarnation OTP

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
I started playing TP for the first time since it came out. I was thinking that it's a much better game than I gave it credit for back in the day...then I got to the Lakebed Temple.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My wife and I have resumed playing Minish Cap, one of the four Zelda games that I have never completed, and are on our way to completing our complete playthrough of all of the games (minus those weird computer ones and Link's Crossbow Training and whatnot). I am excited to complete it and Twilight Princess, because after that, we will play the Windwaker sequels, which I have never even played before.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

I have always subscribed to this. :fap:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

C'mon now.

Ganondorf x Zant.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

I am excited to complete it and Twilight Princess, because after that, we will play the Windwaker sequels, which I have never even played before.
You should probably play Link's Crossbow Training instead.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

My wife and I have resumed playing Minish Cap, one of the four Zelda games that I have never completed, and are on our way to completing our complete playthrough of all of the games (minus those weird computer ones and Link's Crossbow Training and whatnot). I am excited to complete it and Twilight Princess, because after that, we will play the Windwaker sequels, which I have never even played before.

Does your wife game? Also how do you handle playing through Zelda games together, do you take turns or have one person play while the other one gives advice or what. Asking for my own future Zelda co-op sessions (if she doesn't break up with me while I'm teaching her Smash Bros).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Tender Bender posted:

Does your wife game? Also how do you handle playing through Zelda games together, do you take turns or have one person play while the other one gives advice or what. Asking for my own future Zelda co-op sessions (if she doesn't break up with me while I'm teaching her Smash Bros).

My ex kept getting mad when I was backseat gaming her ALBW playthrough, but even on a 2DS screen, it's not so hard to watch.

• Locked thread