Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty sure a lot of the cast was like 15-18 or something :japan:

Nope there are 22 PCs ages 20 and over, and 16 in their teens. Jaffar is unlisted in regards to age as is Renault for... obvious reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

~40% of the cast being in their teens isn't a lot? :v:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I thought Jaffar was about 16? And Renault, there is kind of a contradiction between him being old enough to have helped Nergal create his first morphs over 500 years ago, yet Wallace remember him as a mercenary.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

~40% of the cast being in their teens isn't a lot? :v:

By JRPG standards, that's a retirement home.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Iceclaw posted:

I thought Jaffar was about 16? And Renault, there is kind of a contradiction between him being old enough to have helped Nergal create his first morphs over 500 years ago, yet Wallace remember him as a mercenary.

Jaffar has no canonical age given in the data books. Which in actuality are really good by not giving everyone canon ages they just go

'Teens' '20s' '30s' etc. http://serenesforest.net/general/character-ages/ It lets people sort of mentally place them themselves.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

*flashes doctorate in applied animeology* Jaffar's 20. Renault's "whoops"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iceclaw posted:

Wasn't the idea that Nergal's morph experimentation made Renault immortal?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the point is that Wallace remember Renault as being a merceneray when Wallace was a kid. However, according to another support, if I recall coreectly, Renault severed ties with Nergal and became a priest a long time ago, back when Nergal was messing with morphs for the first time, which is when Nergal and Arhos fought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why are we putting support conversations from an 11-year-old game in spoilers in the fire emblem general thread

i think anyone reading this thread either already knows about renault or doesnt care

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Onmi posted:

Nope there are 22 PCs ages 20 and over, and 16 in their teens. Jaffar is unlisted in regards to age as is Renault for... obvious reasons

That is a lot.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

That is a lot.

I was about to do a post stating 1/3rd, and going further into fractile divisions. And then realized that my grasp of rudementry mathmatics is much worse than initially suspected.

So instead I'll drop that and take the time to jot out some rudementry patchnotes of what's been changed and I swear if this devoles into an argument on weapon weight... I'll something, probably rage ineffectively on the internet.

~Maps/Chapters/Events/Story Changes

-Almost every chapter has been redone in some way. Chapter 1 pits you against Bern's army for example, Chapter 5 ceases to exist in its current form since it was basically complete filler and instead better leads into chapter 6.

-There are no routesplits. everything gained on a routesplit is still attainable it's just a personal choice. Western Isles is still the same length, going from 11A (You didn't think you were getting out of this route without going through that hell hole did you?) to 11B to 12. So it's the same length as if there was a route split, you just get everything.

-For Sacae and Ilia, the player first heads to Ilia, then heads down into Sacae, the reason for this is if you look at the map of Elibe you cannot get to Bern from Ilia except by travelling through Sacae, so why is it an optional route choice to begin with? Also. I just like the whole idea of this continent trotting adventure.

-That being said Roartz and Alucard are the bosses at the end of Sacae and Ilia respectively (Initially you would fight Alucard at the start of the route split and Roartz at the end of it)

-The Etruria arc is being expanded upon, the reason being is that essentially you can count it as being part of the Nabata arc (which wont be getting expanded because gently caress the desert) but you start chapter 15 at the border, and then nothing happens and you're inside the castle. This comes across as very abrupt and instead work will be done to properly pace the arc and show off some hopefully interesting maps.

-There is a new arc, the Reclaim Lycia arc. This happens because the main thing protecting Lycia had been the Etrurian army, and then the Etrurian army turns on you, so instead of going from Nabata directly to Etruria you will instead head back into Lycia to liberate your home... and other things for the characters section.

-The final map is being redone entirely, this came from a lot of observation, the fact is that I've only ever been satisfied with a few final maps in Fire Emblem, and the key one that sticks out to me is 9, which has its own problem (Ashnard is completely immune to everyone but Ike) But more to the point, the final chapter of 9 is STILL a Fire Emblem map. There's enemy units, terrain, strategy. A Final Boss is never going to be fulfilling because they're either bullshit with an easy way to kill them, complete chumps, or have a ridiculously annoying gimmick.

If you think about it, you're not playing Fire Emblem to fight a final boss in the final chapter, you're playing to PLAY Fire Emblem, the final map should have Ballistae and Staves and varying enemy units and terrain and be a showcase of all your skills. So the final map is being changed to better reflect what a good final map would be.

-Roy promotes earlier, this shouldn't need to be put down because it was the first thing I did, I released a patch specifically for this, but hey, worth putting down.

-Hector doesn't have to die. He can very well still die and even if you save him you wont recruit him for a while, but it does change how the plot flows for the rest of the Lycia arc. Chapter 3 is being remade to accomodate the extra objective, which has an extremely tight turn requirement. I was initially considering making it hard mode exclusive, because you most certainly can do that, but everyone pretty much likes not having to beat the game to get it.

-Though more on the plot, not for the 1.0 which will merely have what is necessary for all the new chapters to flow together, but for later releases, I'm essentially just redoing the script, mostly to call upon other characters (because 90% of the game as is, is Roy chatting to Merlinus/Elphin/Guinevere) although it should be noted this is another reason to keep your characters alive. If you don't, you get no new plot, just the absolute basic stuff. These scenes are being rigorously tested on the poor sods who have endured endless long cutscenes, to make sure that they retain the brevity that is expected of a Fire Emblem scene. While still including a lot of personality. The reason this is seperate from 1.0 as a whole is... some people just want vanilla FE6's story without some fop on the internet writing fanfiction essentially. And I'm okay with that.

-There are varying win conditions! I mean they were always in the game, the game is just a seize fest 99% of the time (final 1% being kill the boss) so expect to see Escape, Arrive, Seize, Defend, Kill all Enemies, Kill the Boss, and all your other variations on "Go here and kill all dudes anyway unless you're speed running."

-There are new Gaiden chapters that focus on the characters. These are 'Spotlight' chapters, essentially covering some part of a characters past or the present as they have adventures independant of Roy, examples for this include a Cath-exclusive heist, a chapter focusing on Noah as he scouts in the Ilia region with Eliwood and Dieck, a playable version of Dieck's story to Lott in their B support, where he was captured because an employer left him for dead, having to one-man-army your way through a strong hold starting with a broken steel bar and progressively getting better weapons.

In short the idea is to make fun, different maps that you might not get and aren't required for the end-game, but which will have some character development and a bit of plot. Obviously you're requires to have them all alive for it. They wont make it into 1.0 either, mostly because I want to finish the blasted main game first and add them in post.

-The Arena has now been changed as per CanofWorms change to be a limited series of matches, rather than an endless grind.

~Character/Stat/Item/Class changes

-There are now 10 NEW Playable characters, because FE6 does NOT already have a bullshit large cast, and because I hate myself. These are the following

Eliwood - Knight Lord
Lyn - Blade Lord (Needs to be Recruited)
Hector - Great Lord (Needs to be Recruited)
Erik - Halberdier (Tied to getting Hector)
Sigune - Falco Knight (Unique ability to use Staves, Needs to be Recruited)
Guinevere - Spear Lord (Not actual name)
Gale - Drake Master (That is an actual name change, Wyverns don't look like that and it was a stupid localization harumph. Unique ability to have Swords/Axes/Lances. Needs to be recruited by Miledy and Zeiss)
Erk - Mage Knight (Only one in the game, but basically just a Valkyrie)
Nino - Sage (Unique ability not determined yet, Recruited by the FE7 Lords, or one of her kids)
Mary - Fighter (Only female fighter in the game, Recruited by Ward or Lot)

-You may have just noticed the 'Unique Ability' up there, that is because most units have something special about them to set them apart from their peers besides stats, for example, Cecilia as the Mage General has access to all of the magic and Hugh has a Dark Rank as a Sage, making him the only sage in the game able to use dark spells. The short of it is to provide players with a legitimate reason to say "Why will I use this character over that one?" and be able to balance their abilities in mind with their usual class benefits.

-As for classes
Rogue
Rogue (F)
Blade Lord
Knight Lord
Great Lord
Princess (Guinevere Lord)
Paragon (Guinevere Promotion)
Heiress (Lilina Base)
Duchess (Lilina Promo)
Female Fighter
Female Warrior
Halberdier
Female Halberdier
Female Soldier
Elphin Promoted
Mage Knight
Monk

Have all been added to the game. Some of them are still missing mapsprites, but animation wise, Elphins promotion, the Paragon, the Duchess and the Female Fighter are all that remain. Some of these are player exlusive, but the rest will show up as enemies.

-Oh goodness, this is getting long. There are new weapons! and promotion items have been reduced to a single one, except for Elphin, Lilina and Guinevere.

-Roy promotes at the end of the Lycia return arc! so at about Chapter 16 or so in the vanilla game (currently the promotion is at the conclusion of the Etruria arc, but it'll be moved earlier when the new arc is added)

-Magic has been greatly altered to match the 'Magic Expansion Project' that's also avaliable in Awful Emblem. This is going to be a bit harder to get into FE6, but now Light and Dark have a reason to freaking exist!

-Some characters have changed class! Noah is now a Mercenary, Treck and Dorothy are Soldiers, Zealot is a Halberdier, Hugh is a Sage and not a mage, Astol is a Rogue and not a Thief.

-Mercenaries have access to Axes now, because you know they weren't already ridiculously powerful

-Pegasus Riders get swords.

-Drake Riders, beyond the name change, get a few changes, they can only use Axes, and on promotion gain lances.

-Armor Knights get swords and have standardized movement, Generals get Axes and the same. I was actually tempted to give each of the Armor Knights one of the weapon and promote into the rest of the triangle, but I dropped it. For now.

-Roy has a new promoted animation, because seriously IS that was just lazy.

-Everyone was restatted, and probably not for the last time, with growths changed. I have an official document of all the current growth changes, but it can be simplified down to 'Everyone has faster growth rates.'

-Welp, beat around the bush long enough. There's no weapon weight! I tried it with the standard system, didn't like it, I tried it with Strength=Con, and didn't like it, I tried it with no weight and I liked it. You might thing the game is now easier, you are not considering now the enemy ALSO isn't weighed down. It all works together, the maps are still fun and challenging, but now you don't have to worry about all of your girls being gimped because they had the audacity to not be beefed up.

-Elphin gets Light Magic and loses the ability to sing, on promotions he gets Axes, think about it, it makes sense.

-All the new characters have supports and the supports are being rewritten or just touched up because well... the translation isn't the best.

-Wendy joins in Chapter 1. Bors joins in Chapter 3, leaving Barth all alone in Chapter 8 as the only Armor to join then.

And that's... about all I can remember. There's a lot of minute details to get into but... yeah

Oh yeah Manatee, just because it's too good to pass up. THAT is a lot.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Onmi posted:

-Magic has been greatly altered to match the 'Magic Expansion Project' that's also avaliable in Awful Emblem. This is going to be a bit harder to get into FE6, but now Light and Dark have a reason to freaking exist!

Hey, now that's a little tidbit I don't know if we've ever fully explained. To make a long story short though, it doesn't take a genius to look at the spell lists and see that magic has been completely and thoroughly ignored by IntSys. Even in Radiant Dawn, which is about as good as you're going to get in a proper FE game, you still have what amounts to Fire, Fire+1, Fire+2, Fire+3, Fire+4 and a minor stat boost for each tree. I mean seriously take a look at just one of the actual weapon sets - we'll uses lances as an example. You have no less than:
  • Your standard, boring damage dealers (Iron/Steel/Silver)
  • A full branch of ranged options (Javelin/Short Spear/Spear)
  • Slim Lance
  • Brave Lance
  • Killer Lance
  • A Reaver
  • Effective weapons (Horseslayer/Heavy Spear)
  • Stupid gimmicky poo poo (Poison/Emblem)
  • Rex Hasta
That's a lot of variety! You could load a unit's inventory with lances and still have plenty of other weapons you could have brought for some specialized situation. Now, just for comparison let's look at Anima, which is the closest we're going to get to a "complete" magic set:
  • Fire
  • Thunder (Fire+1)
  • Elfire (Fire+2)
  • Bolting (Long range)
  • Fimbulvetr (Fire+3)
  • Excalibur (Fire+4)
  • Forblaze if we're feeling cheeky and want to include a spell that only one person can use.

God help you if you want to look at Dark or Light, the former of which is literally half gimmick spells and the latter has no purpose to exist since it's just Anima with less Mt and a small boost to crit. And it's heavier than Anima for good measure, thanks IntSys. :thumbsup:

So anyway, Onmi and I sat down over the course of like a week and decided we were going to flesh out all three magic trees so that they were at least in the same ballpark as the traditional weapons, and yes, this is being implemented in Awful Emblem. It actually was in the initial demo, but we had to remove a custom spell because the game froze only when you attacked the mage with an archer and we couldn't figure out why.

Obviously all of these numbers are subject to change and balancing, but this is what we came up with:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Onmi posted:

Oh yeah Manatee, just because it's too good to pass up. THAT is a lot.

Of words? Well, you're not wrong.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nifty.

It made me wonder if a low use/range 1 tome with the siege tomes uncounterable effect would be a fun weapon. Nice to see that you'll be fleshing out magic.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

FoolyCharged posted:

Nifty.

It made me wonder if a low use/range 1 tome with the siege tomes uncounterable effect would be a fun weapon. Nice to see that you'll be fleshing out magic.

It would probably have extremely niche usefulness at best. If I remember right, uncounterable weapons also can't counter anything, so you'd run up, fireball one dude in the face with impunity, and then be completely useless on the enemy phase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Last Promise had a better version of that. It was a dark tome with poo poo stats and only 10 uses that gave a massive boost to both defense and res. It was basically a limited use shield.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I question the magic changes a little. While you're definitely right that it's always neglected, magic has always been an easy way to kill anything that isn't a mage or Pegasus Knight since they typically have really low res. Will you be upping enemy res to compensate for that?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Worm being the only E dark tome seems kinda unfortunate, though I suppose it's not really that big of a deal. The rest of that looks fantastic. If I may suggest something, what about a tome that is strong but only has one range, like an animated sword slash kind of thing? Or a longbow tome that has 2-3 and can't attack adjacent.

The main thing about magic is that it's all both melee and ranged, which is why it has so few other variables because it's naturally superior to other weapon types in that regard. Having that traded for something else opens up a lot of design space.

ALSO, Onmi, if you could get back to me about what I was asking you about in my last post I'd appreciate it. I'm doing some more work on Erk tonight and trying to make his shoulder armor thing work.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Momomo posted:

I question the magic changes a little. While you're definitely right that it's always neglected, magic has always been an easy way to kill anything that isn't a mage or Pegasus Knight since they typically have really low res. Will you be upping enemy res to compensate for that?
Most likely, we will be looking into adding some RES to certain classes' bases. One of the things we need to get around to doing before diving full on into Act 2's development is to go back and overhaul the enemy levels and bases in act 1. You can end up relatively high leveled by the end of act 1 with characters averaging level 10-12 and so we want to determine if we need to slow the player's experience gains by making enemies have lower levels but higher bases throughout Act 1. As we do that, we can definitely look into Res stats as well.

Worm being the only E dark tome seems kinda unfortunate, though I suppose it's not really that big of a deal. The rest of that looks fantastic. If I may suggest something, what about a tome that is strong but only has one range, like an animated sword slash kind of thing? Or a longbow tome that has 2-3 and can't attack adjacent.

The main thing about magic is that it's all both melee and ranged, which is why it has so few other variables because it's naturally superior to other weapon types in that regard. Having that traded for something else opens up a lot of design space.
Worm's an E rank tome mostly just to give Dark magic an E rank. Rose starts with Flux from the get-go and either starts with Flux too or picks one up later on, can't remember which. Really, it's more of an enemy weapon that the player just happens to have limited access to because honestly, poison on the player's side is usually unnecessary. As for changing the ranges on certain tomes, it wasn't something we'd originally considered. It's a trivial thing to change so we might play around with the idea a little bit with the existing new tomes. We don't want to add additional magic tomes at this point though, mostly because magic animations are a pain to make, locate and/or import and we'll already probably need to make a few custom ones for dark magic unless we can get some rips from FE8 working.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ALSO, Onmi, if you could get back to me about what I was asking you about in my last post I'd appreciate it. I'm doing some more work on Erk tonight and trying to make his shoulder armor thing work.

Ah, I just saw the edit in for that, I posted the Gmail in the thread, I was going to give you my proper skype once that was done because there's no "Work" dropbox yet. Most people just send me stuff. Also the face looks better through general questioning, also for colours, before we get ahead of ourselves. I tend to suggest that artists use the FE8 palette, since it's much richer, 'beautification' is the last step involved in the hacking (I.E. overhauling all the portraits colours, adding in different emotional state portraits with stuff like crying. That's all like "The last possible thing we're doing lets try and get a good game out" stuff though, things I'll happily give up on.) So just keep that in mind for future colouring.

Also right now Can is working on making it so that we can have all 63 PCs without having to rely on save states. In short, FE6 is only coded to have 51, because obviously why would you have more than 51 PCs? But I have 63. Because I'm hoping a pair-up or twin system is going to spontaneously develop or something I guess. But yes, it looks like for now I'm hard capped at 62 units.

So either magic hands get to work and help me just slide in, or someone is being bumped down to NPC.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
On the subject of tomes, what about one that hits twice, similar to Celica's Gale from Awakening? Would be a good successor to the Brave-style weapons too.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

On the subject of tomes, what about one that hits twice, similar to Celica's Gale from Awakening? Would be a good successor to the Brave-style weapons too.

Starlight, A Rank Light spell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

So either magic hands get to work and help me just slide in, or someone is being bumped down to NPC.
I nominate Barth.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Why are you being pedantic about wyvern/duck riders and not like, generals, and then calling Lilina a duchess. This is ruining everything

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Looper posted:

Why are you being pedantic about wyvern/duck riders and not like, generals, and then calling Lilina a duchess. This is ruining everything

Because one of them is referring to a creature and the other a class. Those creatures are not Wyverns, it's especially annoying when actual wyverns do show up in these games CALLED Wyverns.

Because what you call an overgrown flying lizard is very important to me. I am of course open to people modding the game however they like once it's done, so if you really desire reverting so much to Wyvern, go right ahead.

Also to further confuse the situation, I'll probably be using Perceval and Narcien, but wont be using Shanna or Raigh. Mwahahahahahahahahaha!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It does seem weird that you'd make up your own names for the class rather than use FE10's dragonknight->dragonmaster.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I never actually thought about how silly this is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

It does seem weird that you'd make up your own names for the class rather than use FE10's dragonknight->dragonmaster.

Well I actually think the NAME of the class is Draco Knight/Draco Master which I think is in line with FE12 for at least the latter. It's just the animals themselves are 'Drakes'

... I often get confused about that myself, and I probably should have been clearer, but checking my notes... yeah.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

Well I actually think the NAME of the class is Draco Knight/Draco Master which I think is in line with FE12 for at least the latter. It's just the animals themselves are 'Drakes'

... I often get confused about that myself, and I probably should have been clearer, but checking my notes... yeah.

But aren't they referred to specifically as wyverns, in some of thegames?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

But aren't they referred to specifically as wyverns, in some of thegames?

That was what they were localized as, yes, because they're just 'Dragons' in Japan, just like the 'Scouring' is just 'The Dragon-Human War.' There's a reason there's a specific line in 6 where Roy clarifys with Niime that when she says 'Dragons' she's not referring to the flying mounts but the Manaketes.

The other reason this is important is that Wyvern Wyverns have shown up in the series and been CALLED Wyverns. And in-fact between games they've swapped the defintion of Wyvern and Dragon (FE9->10) So it's not something magically set in stone.

Or I'm just going to sum it up into a very simple sentence.

It bugs the poo poo out of me so I'm changing it.

If it bugs anyone so much they can't stand to have that change, they can always crack open FEditor and change it back themselves. I am 100% fine with people editing my hacks.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Onmi posted:

It bugs the poo poo out of me so I'm changing it.

That's honestly the best reason for such a change.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Gotta be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying the mounts aren't wyverns, but dragons? I'm not even sure what the difference between the two is even supposed to be, but it doesn't really seem like an issue. When do actual wyverns show up?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Momomo posted:

Gotta be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying the mounts aren't wyverns, but dragons? I'm not even sure what the difference between the two is even supposed to be, but it doesn't really seem like an issue. When do actual wyverns show up?

1&3/11&12 have them as actual enemy units. They're the high mobility flying type of dragon monster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's the Wyvern Knights in FE8. that's about it

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

1&3/11&12 have them as actual enemy units. They're the high mobility flying type of dragon monster.

I thought those were just dragons that went crazy. A different type of unit, but still a dragon.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Momomo posted:

A wyvern is a dragon without arms. I think 13 is the only one where they are actually wyverns.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

FE9-10, too, if memory serves me right. especially considering Dragons are, y'know, Laguz.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I love how happy Ewan is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Momomo posted:

The japanese name for the thing characters ride is, and has always been, ドラゴン, dragon. This has been confusing again from the very beginning, because manaketes are also dragons, but different dragons. FE7's localizers chose to sidestep the confusion by giving the mounts a different name, Wyvern. Then FE8 came along and had a class where it's mount had the Japanese name ワイバーン, Wyvern. This is again confusing, but only if you were following/playing FE8 before the game came out in English (which at least I was, and based on their reaction, I assume Onmi was too).

There's also the lesser issue that in mythology, a Wyvern is a dragon-like creature with only hind legs, no forelegs. Drake really would have been a better translation for the FE7 team to use than Wyvern, though personally I'm not bothered by it.