Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Aurora posted:

I'm perfectly happy with more Divine Peanut Gallery. :colbert:

Yeah, but imagine them bouncing off each other for a couple of conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ehh it didnt have as much charm as it did in Uprising.

Lacked a certain king of the underworld.
And more non-uprising participation.

And more Reyn.

And yeah a peanut free for all wouldve been great.
35 characters is enough space for any formulation of characters to riff on.

"Pssht. Look at this guys sword. Its Not even sharp, nothing like my- whoa! Is that a laser coming out of it?"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 26, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Invictus posted:

Can anyone confirm this? I will totally go get a copy if it's legit, but the last hot scoop I saw was a WiiU at Sears for 60 and that wasn't actually buyable.

Alternatively, if anyone's able to get a bunch, can I buy a copy from you?

I can't personally vouch for it but few people in the Wii U thread seem to have done it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Calaveron posted:

It breaks my heart that there is such little W101 representation in Smash 4. There should've been a stage and an Easter Egg where Wonder Red introduces every fighter with a short spiel ala Vorkken.
It would've been magical.

Thinking about it, this would make for kind of a neat way to do a stage hazard. A character's targeted by a GEATHJERK alien, or maybe Vorkken's ship or something, and instead of a visual announcement to alert you to dodge, Wonder Red spends so long calling out to you that he only barely gets to 'watch out!'

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So neat little piece of trivia: whenever Green uses the super scope, depending on the angle you can see dudes crawling into the scope. Its easily noticable in 20-2 at about 11 minutes in. Its pretty great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The NA eShop sale is live now and W101 is $20.99 until December 2.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
A precious baby finally gets its moment to shine in this episode.

Episode 21: Itty-Bitty Invader.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, Blue has become so lighthearted I wonder if he just went and got sloshed off camera.

Also, for such a "lighthearted" show, they sure vaporized Blossom city without a second thought. :stare:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 28, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please make a star fox game Kamiya.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, for such a "lighthearted" show, they sure vaporized Blossom city without a second though. :stare:

Jesus Christ!

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Best boss finisher yet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

General Ironicus posted:

[L]ike that thing the Red Ranger gets halfway through every season.

The Battlizer! :eng101:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Zoig posted:

Best boss finisher yet.

I laughed super hard when that happened. So much that my family came into the room to congratulate me for laughing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

When did Chip's avatar change?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

When did Chip's avatar change?

November 19th, according to the Somethingawful Old Avatar Preview.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Mods rename me "P's Dad"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What- did this game just turn into Microcosm?

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

Zoig posted:

Best boss finisher yet.

WONDER STEP ON IT

I just wanna note that Green's Pizza slice doesn't look like very good pizza. It looks like it's woodfire, with the light cheese topping and thin crust, but that shininess makes me think of polished Sourdough, and I can't accept that as a Pizza Base.

Also, goddamn I wish I knew you could just Guts the balls he shoots at you away

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Zoig posted:

Best boss finisher yet.

I don't think I've ever pushed a button that fast and hard before than that QTE. And I've played Mario Party 2. Good thing Pro controllers are pretty sturdy.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, for such a "lighthearted" show, they sure vaporized Blossom city without a second thought. :stare:

Just a reminder, all of this was Luka's fault.

Please tell me Luka is the final boss.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm glad P-Star's video inputs have been kept up to standards.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Is this still spoiler zone?

edit:

AstroWhale fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 28, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well Luka you killed all your classmates, what do you have to say for yourself? :colbert:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please make a star fox game Kamiya.

He already has. It's just been spread out over like six games.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
All I could think of during the boss finisher was Megatron vs Metroplex in War for Cybertron.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Name puns for Operation 7:

Gurry Doora: グリグリ (guriguri), a mimetic word for grinding against something with round movements + 虎 (tora), tiger.
Vaaiki: ばい菌 (baikin), germ.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
T-the city was evacuated... right?? :ohdear:

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Given the visible, moving traffic...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So what used to be the population of that city?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I blame Luka.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stomping the bug to death is my favorite quick time event in the game.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How many Lambos do you guys think Luka rates?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Loxbourne posted:

Given the visible, moving traffic...

Uh... robot.. cars?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Uh... robot.. cars?
I hope you're not implying that the lives of robot cares are worthless. :colbert:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Luka is history's greatest monster.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Dr. Fetus posted:

So what used to be the population of that city?

I don't think its ever outright specified, but Blossom City is basically humanity's giant middle finger to the Geathjerk by showing how well they can rebuild, so...

A lot. Now its more in the realms of 'a fair amount' at best.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
It is a pretty horrible shock, given the game's previous whiter-than-white, everyone-gets-rescued, gently caress-the-inferred-holocaust-trope attitude.

We've heard all game about how nasty GETHJERK are; they just lived up to it. It's all the more shocking for being set against such a black and white background.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Now I'm wondering what's gonna be done about Luka once the Wonderful 100 get their hands on him. The kid was directly responsible for millions of lives.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Now I'm wondering what's gonna be done about Luka once the Wonderful 100 get their hands on him. The kid was directly responsible for millions of lives.

Knowing the team's track record so far-probably just a stern finger-waggling and lecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Late idiot admission. That segment where you go inside the cube, and hit the color coded sides to roll? That took me FOREVER to make it through succesfully and found myself making wrong turns with wider sweeping weapons... Because I thought you had to hit each side with the corresponding unite morph :downs:

"Yellow side, gotta hit that with the hammer. White side, gotta hit that with the claws. Blue side use the sword oh whoops I clipped the other side. Oh I took too long again... The answer must be to DRAW FASTER!"

Captain Walker posted:

Wasn't there some ridiculous giant robot game for the PS2 with collateral damage penalties? RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive, I think?

I still maintain the crazed hope that someday, some insane bastard will LP Robot Alchemic Drive.

I would not begrudge them a hybrid LP (Videos only for the hot Meganinte Action), or cheats to get the Go Fast Shoes out the gate and fix that drat bug which only let's your gravity belt or whatever recharge to the default amount even after upgrading it.

On top of all the other insanity in that game, I love how R.A.D has the most USELESS, and outright detrimental unlockable attack I can ever remember seeing. One of the robots Meganites has a tank mode, with big laser cannons as it's primary (only?) weapon. When it turns into a robot, those shift position as robotic rear end plates.

The unlockable attack is a tomahawk throw, where it reaches back and hurls them, unguided and for low damage. You can only use this once, and it also means your tank mode has no more laser cannons. But you keep trying anyways for that off chance that you kill a giant space monster by hurling your robobutt at it.

• Locked thread