Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't know if Oona only survived by producer intervention or not, but whatever. That is the most telegenic child in the world and this season would be nothing without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress's gonna go to a combo vet's office/restaurant?

At least Sam's gone.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

How racist is this about to get

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Of course, there's the commercial before they declare the red team the winner. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Fox producers, this is beyond old.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Did the producers try to mix a rap song/video out of Sterling?

My advice: Get another job.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

These garbage people are garbage.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Uuuuuuuuuuugh i hate this show

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Brock Samson posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuugh i hate this show

Yet we watch it.

They've been foreshadowing Aaron's elimination all along.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
He's definitely had chefs quit before, but I think that's the first time someone said "I don't think winning this will make me a better chef."

And the sad thing is, he's probably right.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Well he's right, but it's a dumbass thing to say on a reality competition.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
I've seen chefs rage quit and chefs like Simone, but this is one big "What the gently caress were you thinking?!" :wtf:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I agree with Jennifer's take on it - Aaron knew he was hosed, so he tried to make it look like he didn't care. The whole "You can't fire me, I quit! :smug:" song-and-dance.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Or maybe he just realized something the rest of the world already knows: the show is utter bullshit, won't do anything to further your career, and doesn't teach you poo poo about anything. I thought it was sad that everyone (especially Ramsay) was like "gawd, what a loving quitter!" about it... and apparently the public bought it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

FitFortDanga posted:

Or maybe he just realized something the rest of the world already knows: the show is utter bullshit, won't do anything to further your career, and doesn't teach you poo poo about anything. I thought it was sad that everyone (especially Ramsay) was like "gawd, what a loving quitter!" about it... and apparently the public bought it.

If he auditioned for the show and made it on as a contestant without realizing that then he's a moron. These reality shows(Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, Chopped) are about getting your name and face out there. The idea is you cross your fingers and hope you aren't portrayed as an rear end in a top hat so that when its over you will have more opportunities than you did before. Only a total idiot would go on Hells Kitchen expecting it to be a cooking school.

He basically said "Oh, you know what, I didn't realize I was on a television show, that's not what I wanted out of this experience." But he auditioned for a loving television show, so he should have been aware of that fact before now.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
The likely truth is that most of the people on the show really do think that, and they're typically the ones who go home, leaving a handful of somewhat competent, somewhat well-balanced chefs to fight for the win.

Still, if you've outlasted half the other chefs, you might as well see it through to the end. We're still talking about a fairly respectable job, a quarter of a million dollars, and probably at least getting to know how to get in touch with Ramsay.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Am I the only one that has a problem with Bryant's meltdown? I mean, there is a difference between someone getting angry and standing up for themselves and someone having a complete psych break. Especially when he started pointing out Fernando's "faults".

I know Gordon said he doesn't care about how his chef acts out of the kitchen but if that isn't a peek into crazy, I don't know what is.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah, I feel like if Gordon knew the extent, Bryant would instantly be gone. You can't be a head chef if you're psychotic and turn everyone against you. Probably they want to keep him on for more drama, but I do think that put him out of the serious running to win.

e: also, what was Gordon's line about "nobody's ever quit before"? What?

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 21, 2014

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think it was more like no one ever said, "meh, winning this won't do anything for me I can't do on my own." Or else he is just blocking out last season.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Probably old rear end news that was brought up in 2012, but I'm currently injecting sweet Masterchef goodness directly into my eye and it's incredible. Especially season 3's very subtle product placement:

Eat your heart out, Shark Tank.

It's extremely jarring, but not much more jarring than the editing mistakes that'd allow the audience to properly guess at an outcome.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Flyinglemur posted:

Am I the only one that has a problem with Bryant's meltdown? I mean, there is a difference between someone getting angry and standing up for themselves and someone having a complete psych break. Especially when he started pointing out Fernando's "faults".

I know Gordon said he doesn't care about how his chef acts out of the kitchen but if that isn't a peek into crazy, I don't know what is.

I thought it was odd how his entire speech pattern changed.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, what the hell is wrong with this kid's voice? It sounds like he's about to cry every time he speaks and I want him gone so I don't have to hear it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Whichever producer gave Samuel a brief case to file his drawing deserves a raise. Biggest laugh of the night for me.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Zero One posted:

Whichever producer gave Samuel a brief case to file his drawing deserves a raise. Biggest laugh of the night for me.

I'm pretty sure that was his own briefcase. He seems like that kind of kid. Y'know, the kind that act prematurely middle-aged? That's Samuel, and that's his briefcase.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Oona is Louise from Bob's Burgers. That's all I can see.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I watched the show with three or four people last night and everybody agreed that Oona has to be a plant. She has a one-liner for every situation and never seems to be caught on camera without some sort of "look at me, I'm a precocious little girl" face. Maybe she's not an actor but she's just had some kind of show business experience before, who knows.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

It's masterchef, they're all plants.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Slightly Toasted posted:

It's masterchef, they're all plants.

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
No more Joe after the next season of MasterChef Junior...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/26/masterchef-joe-bastianich/

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Fernando: The next test is the taste test challenge.

Next morning: The blind taste test challenge...with a twist. Dunk Tank!

Three strikes and your teammate gets dunked.

P.S. Boiled potato is not coconut.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Is this the worst taste test ever?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
When Sterling gets the most right, you know everyone sucks.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Brock Samson posted:

Is this the worst taste test ever?

I think Season 7 was worse. At least in this season, two people got more than one right.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Sterling has gone mad he is assaulting and poisoning competitors and CROSSDRESSING???

Only Lou Diamond Phillips can stop his reign of terror!!

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
No, just putting (seashell cups?) on his breasts. We saw it in the season premiere preview.

Meanwhile, Bryant has officially lost what was left of his mind.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Tonight's ep was bullshit. The wrong people went home. gently caress you sissy bowtie boy!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Anthony Bourdain must have high-res pictures and accompanying video of the Chief of ABC Primetime Programming getting hosed by a horse like Mr. Hands because The Taste is back on Thursday for a third season go around.

Hopefully they subtitle everything Ludo says because I can never make heads or tails of what he says ever.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Kodilynn posted:

Tonight's ep was bullshit. The wrong people went home. gently caress you sissy bowtie boy!

It was. Though I don't blame bowtie for it and kinda think leveraging the sissy label at him is a bit cruel, even as I also dislike him, and for petty reasons. :v:

Still, bizarre decision unless they really are just setting Sam up for the win. I really hope he doesn't; again, I feel bad hating on a kid but he just rubs me the wrong way in so many ways. If he were less of a 54-year-old broker in a 13-year-old's body I'd probably be able to deal.

edit: This is a good article about Junior MasterChef US (S2). I feel real weird saying that while linking a buzzfeed original, but hey.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Dec 3, 2014

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

It was. Though I don't blame bowtie for it and kinda think leveraging the sissy label at him is a bit cruel, even as I also dislike him, and for petty reasons. :v:

Still, bizarre decision unless they really are just setting Sam up for the win. I really hope he doesn't; again, I feel bad hating on a kid but he just rubs me the wrong way in so many ways. If he were less of a 54-year-old broker in a 13-year-old's body I'd probably be able to deal.

edit: This is a good article about Junior MasterChef US (S2). I feel real weird saying that while linking a buzzfeed original, but hey.

I'm just bitter than Oona and Sean went home. They were at least functional and useful compared to Bucktoothed Bowtie. I get this weird sense of a Sam vs. Abby finale with Samuel winning because reasons.

Edit: That article was fun :3:

Kodilynn fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 3, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Really sad that Oona and Sean were turfed. I think the pressure was getting to Oona and her work seemed to be slipping in the past couple of weeks though. Right now I'm rooting for Abby because I also have an irrational hatred for a child (Sam).

And yeah, colour me bewildered that we're getting a third Taste. I didn't watch the last one past the selection rounds but the presentation of the show still really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

quote:

The not-distant memory of CBS’s failure with Kid Nation must have been a consideration. The 2007 show put 40 children ages 8 to 15 in a New Mexico ghost town and asked them to create a viable society without adult supervision, then was canceled amid allegations of child abuse, child labor law disputes, and a New York Times article about the insane contracts the parents signed.

Haha, uh

hmm.