Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MonsieurChoc posted:

Done! I just completed my second playthrough of Z2.1, with the scenario map completed thanks to the magic of multiple saves. This time Roger Smith gave the killing blow (first time around it was Simon).

Before I start Z2.2: the Final Insult, any tips and/or tricks I should know about?
Well, it has a completely different path to the end based on a bunch of stuff that starts early on that I am sure you can find a faq about somewhere. I'll be going for that after whenever I finish Z2-1 for the second time (on stage 40 now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

Do you want Rolo and more than three maps to use Suzaku in on your first playthrough? If so, follow the Zero Points.

That's about it.

Who in his right mind would want Rolo? Or Suzaku? :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

rolo is very cute and i want to pat him on the head

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Suzaku's pretty broken, especially with Curse of Geass active.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Getting Suzaku means getting Colors.

Also you get to make Code Geass R2's plot marginally less dumb.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Getting Suzaku means getting Colors.

Also you get to make Code Geass R2's plot marginally less dumb.

Colors isn't very good and I don't think anything can save R2, but I'll do it for completeness' sake.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Can anyone link me to a list of all the bonus objectives for coffin of the end? I'm starting to get annoyed at the game telling me I failed the skill point without them even telling me what it is. Sometimes they are obvious things like kill the unmoving boss at the other side of the map, but when some maps have bonuses like all elemental lords must have 2 or more kills makes me think some of the invisible objectives could be more complex.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

This game is off to a great start! Aside from playable Esther (who, sadly, looking at her skill list, is most likely going to end up a support character), the Prologue was pretty kick-rear end. Doctor J! :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

This game is off to a great start! Aside from playable Esther (who, sadly, looking at her skill list, is most likely going to end up a support character), the Prologue was pretty kick-rear end. Doctor J! :allears:

Any upgrades on her Brasta before he returns carry over to Crow's, so upgrade the poo poo out of her and she stays relevant.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I really liked Esther and was annoyed that she had to play second fiddle to Crow. Among other things, how often do you have an female anime protagonist from rural Texas?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I think I rode the high of Esther blurting out all the dirt Crowe fed her on ZEXIS to the people he was talking about all the way through the early game. It's actually an amazing way to reintroduce everyone.

Shame Hibiki's too boring for that to ever happen again.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Hibiki has a cool robot though and that's all I can really ask from an original protagonist.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just liked how Esther becomes bestest friends forever with Kallen. Kallen in general is a fun as hell character in SRWZ. Especially when she up and adopts Shinji as a little brother in Z3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

KoB posted:

Any upgrades on her Brasta before he returns carry over to Crow's, so upgrade the poo poo out of her and she stays relevant.

I've now spent half of my bonus money on full-upgrading the Brasta-ES. No regrets.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are the Dancougar Nova guys as utterly unconvincing as having the wild heart as they are in SRW? I mean drat. Especially Kurara, why the hell is she so calm while piloting a giant robot that supposedly runs on her inner beast? Or is there some joke to this I'm not getting?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are the Dancougar Nova guys as utterly unconvincing as having the wild heart as they are in SRW? I mean drat. Especially Kurara, why the hell is she so calm while piloting a giant robot that supposedly runs on her inner beast? Or is there some joke to this I'm not getting?

Kurara's like a 15 year old FBI agent in charge of busting drug cartels or something insane like that. Girl's learned to keep her rage in check.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

Hibiki has a cool robot though and that's all I can really ask from an original protagonist.

It's too bad you only get to use it consistently in like the last two stages.

Goddamn Z3 was poo poo when it came to originals.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's too bad you only get to use it consistently in like the last two stages.

Goddamn Z3 was poo poo when it came to originals.

I liked the normal Genion, it had some pretty nice animations and it used a glaive for a weapon, and I have a soft spot for robots that use polearms for weaponry.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hibiki hunted dimension beasts without a robot when he was younger, which I think is an unusually good reason to be a quiet, reserved character. I am ok with Hibiki.

Suzune is a complete waste of a character though, in 3-1 anyway. Clearly something weird is in store for her in the conclusion.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 21, 2014

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Suzune seems up to something for sure.

Z3-2 is quite intriguing, I have no idea what is going to be going on there. Like with Saisei-hen we pretty much knew because almost every show in Z2 had a sequel season time skip thing so it was pretty straightforward, but it seems to me that Z3 in general is just ever so slightly more :psyduck: for the series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stage 8 of SRWZ2-2 is a pain. Those Kataron goons keep suiciding themselves!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MonsieurChoc posted:

Stage 8 of SRWZ2-2 is a pain. Those Kataron goons keep suiciding themselves!

Leave a single grunt alive to distract them while you charge ahead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Thanks, that did the trick. The Skill Points are really a lot mroe complex than in the first game so far. It's really forcing me to "get gud".

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TARDISman posted:

I liked the normal Genion, it had some pretty nice animations and it used a glaive for a weapon, and I have a soft spot for robots that use polearms for weaponry.
Yeah but it needed its upgrade much earlier. It lagged pretty hard.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's weird how relatively subtle they made the JKD stuff for Genion (other than its final attack I guess). Its shape and that giant weapon it summons seems to go against that to me.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 22, 2014

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Strong post move ALL and a good finisher kept it pretty competetive. It could only use the finisher for one turn per map but you only need one turn to take down bosses and you could extend GAI mode's usefulness with Hibiki's natural support attack. My only real problem with the Genion is that it has trouble dodging reliably late game and wasn't super tanky to make up for it. A few levels of prevail can fix that, though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rascyc posted:

The same could really be said for the Brasta, it technically took something like 80 chapters across two games to get the upgrade. I'm just glad we got unlimited GAI mode for 2-3 stages.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://wiki.cre.jp/SRW/%E6%B2%A1%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF

A Japanese wiki detailing some of the unused data in various SRWs, found by /m/.

Some interesting ones from 2nd OGs:
--There are unused lines from the final Earth route team for fighting Zezernan, suggesting that he was originally going to be fought by everyone, and not just the Space route team that does fight him in-game.

--There is unused data for both the Astranagant AND Dis Astranagant. Probably has something to do with Adamatron's attacks, since they cameo during one of them.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
I am hurting for a SRW announcement here. Either new OG's so we can experience the glory that is DaiRaiOh and Granteed, or Z3.2 so we can see the return of the King of Braves, GaoGaiGar. Make it happen Bamco, it's all I want for christmas.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Eternal Volfogg posted:

I am hurting for a SRW announcement here. Either new OG's so we can experience the glory that is DaiRaiOh and Granteed, or Z3.2 so we can see the return of the King of Braves, GaoGaiGar. Make it happen Bamco, it's all I want for christmas.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the other series
In SRW for PS three

I just want GGG for my own
More than Terada could ever know
Make my wish come true - no, it's not Char
All I want for Christmas
Is Ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-gaogaigar

Terada, please... :pray:

More Demonbane would also be great.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I've never liked GGG. It looks dumb, has annoying music and isn't even very good in either of the games I've played that had it (W and @3).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

I've never liked GGG. It looks dumb, has annoying music and isn't even very good in either of the games I've played that had it (W and @3).
wait, what? Gaogaigar destroys in both those games.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Some dude on /m/ posted a (most likely fake) supposed leak list. It had Hathaway's Flash, and that's all I ask.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Some dude on /m/ posted a (most likely fake) supposed leak list. It had Hathaway's Flash, and that's all I ask.
Some dude on /m/ posts a supposed leak list every other day. My personal favorite was the one that had Xam'd: Lost Memories

KoB
May 1, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

Man, I can get if you dont like how it looks if its not for you (its great), but youre so wrong on the music and it kicking rear end in SRW.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm not even sure how you can get GGG is be not very good in @3, let alone W. Even without upgrades it's a beast.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

Some dude on /m/ posts a supposed leak list every other day. My personal favorite was the one that had Xam'd: Lost Memories

That's why I said most likely fake.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

wait, what? Gaogaigar destroys in both those games.

It has terrible range and takes a ton of EN without the ridiculous power and multiple pilots of Shin Getter or Dancouga. It's a lot better in @3 where it has a post move ALL and gets a powerful single shot MAP in the last third of the game but I'd still put it below about half of the game's Supers as a standard attacker and Banpreios, Raideen and Freedom as MAP attackers. In W GGG has less competition but still falls a bit short mostly due to poor range hurting its grunt killing and will gains in a game without Basara which makes it hard to contribute to boss kills. It doesn't help that most of Part 2 is heavily dominated by Hiver MAP grunt kills and Mazin/Getter combo attack boss kills.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

How to make W's GaoGaiGar the single most powerful non-Valzacard unit in the game:

1) Give it some Energy. Upgrades/En Regen works.
2) You're done. No, really, that's it.

Unless you're doing a "challenge" run of W (good luck making it hard), the moment you make up for its EN weakness it becomes an unstoppable beast. You could argue that Hiver is better because of the MAPW, sure, but that still makes it part of the top 3.

Also Yuusha oh Tanjou is kind of a really popular song and you're going to have to put in a lot of effort if you want to convince anyone that it is "annoying", and the same goes for GGG's design being "dumb", as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

Also Yuusha oh Tanjou is kind of a really popular song and you're going to have to put in a lot of effort if you want to convince anyone that it is "annoying", and the same goes for GGG's design being "dumb", as you say.

I mean, it has a train for shoulders. Its kinda silly.

And I love it.

• Locked thread