Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Trite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Myriad Truths posted:

It's nice to see that he's advanced from merely rehashing trite visual novel plots and is now rehashing trite light novel plots as well.

Can it, bitch.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Myriad Truths posted:

It's nice to see that he's advanced from merely rehashing trite visual novel plots and is now rehashing trite light novel plots as well.

I'll fight you

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Myriad Truths posted:

You've never played any of the games mentioned, have you?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'll fight you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9fJswUgnGc

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm going to watch that lovely anime if he gets the same guy to do the soundtrack who did it for 999 and VLR.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So this is the new project he was working on?

Huh.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Apparently they're going to cut down NoitaminA to a half-hour block next year.

After seeing the recent shows, I think they had it coming. I think NoitaminA's run out of good josei shows to adapt.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Apparently they're going to cut down NoitaminA to a half-hour block next year.

After seeing the recent shows, I think they had it coming. I think NoitaminA's run out of good josei shows to adapt.

They've been showing reruns often enough anyways so I guess it was inevitable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Myriad Truths posted:

Looks like I'm going to have to kick your rear end

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

While we're talking about rehashing things:
Yuki Yuna just became even more like Madoka...they've just delayed the suffering until episode 8.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Does anyone know what the origin, or deal is, with the noise bleed thing?

Like I get that it's when someone is turned on or whatever, but why a nose bleed? Is it meant to be because all the bloods rushing to their head or something? Is it used outside anime/manga?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Would it make me a bad person if my reaction to the "suffering" meme is to want to make a joke about how anything can be suffering to watch, if it's bad.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what else involving blood rushing to a certain part of the body occurs because of sexy anime guys/gals

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I guess a part of me knew that, but I was secretly hoping there would be a more interesting/subtle explanation :shrug:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Cake Attack posted:

what else involving blood rushing to a certain part of the body occurs because of sexy anime guys/gals

Apparently, it originates from a Japanese folk belief and wasn't something that modern anime created specifically, but the reasoning behind it is the same either way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

huge rock hard boners

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
:nws: http://animatorexpo.com/carnage/
Studio Khara made another short. Make sure to hit EN and enable subtitles.

How many of these are they making anyway

edit: Also there's some info on mememe.

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 28, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hoo boy! Here we go again...!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Hoo boy! Here we go again...!
This short has very few anime titties.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

This short has very few anime titties.
I also can't seem to get the video to start.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Disable Noscript/adblock/whatever else might be blocking it, maybe. It's hosted on Nicovideo.jp.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That was pretty good.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
it needed another 5 minutes for the finale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

they planned it for 30 with one video being released a week. They announced it a little over a month ago I think

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

i would like a one armed cowgirl out for vengeance to riddle my body full of bullets

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

do you guys think that like the bad guys getting shot and killed represent otaku culture and the hot and sexy one armed cowgirl is a stand in for hideaki anno and his disdain for the very culture he has created? that only leave the puzzle of the christian imagery to solve; what could it mean?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It looked very pretty. Also there were boobs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

do you guys think that like the bad guys getting shot and killed represent otaku culture and the hot and sexy one armed cowgirl is a stand in for hideaki anno and his disdain for the very culture he has created? that only leave the puzzle of the christian imagery to solve; what could it mean?

You say this like it isn't something arthouse anime would actually do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

That was pretty drat good and now I suddenly want to watch The Quick and the Dead.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, Garo has had two very entertaining episodes in a row. And apparently, the anime is getting a second season and a movie. Sweet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How long will Parasyte and Fatestaynacht be? Is the latter 24 episodes or split-cour?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Parasyte is 24 or so episodes long.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
And I believe Fate/Stay Night is split cour.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kyoani has revealed their plan to troll us all by announcing that Beyond the Boundary will get not one, but two movies.

One is a recap and the other is a sequel but that is two more movies than it deserves.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In a post regarding things that have a possibility of not being garbage, the NoitaminA people are making a few movies based on the work of a sci fi novellist.

Harmony sounds very much like Psycho Pass, except less cynical.

Genocidal Organ sounds like retelling of WW1, but framed through the modern surveillance state. So much more cynical than Psycho Pass.

Empire of Corpses sounds cheesy as gently caress.

Edit: wait, no Genocidal Organ sounds more Clinton-era Balkan wars, and Harmony is more anime-BNW.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 29, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clearly they should just make a 40K anime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

Clearly they should just make a 40K anime.

40k is already more anime than anime itself.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
The entire Horus Heresy was just Horus trying to get sempai to notice him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Harmony is the one he wrote while he was dying that's depressing as gently caress, right?

Well color me interested. Itoh is a writer I've never gotten the chance to read, so an anime sounds good.

• Locked thread