Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Does your wife game? Also how do you handle playing through Zelda games together, do you take turns or have one person play while the other one gives advice or what. Asking for my own future Zelda co-op sessions (if she doesn't break up with me while I'm teaching her Smash Bros).

She started with the 3D Zeldas but loves Link's Awakening. I requested to drive for any game I hadn't played before (which included Link's Awakening), which she was fine with. She also had no interest in playing through the NES, so she served as a guide while I played through them. She wanted to drive Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (but typically has me play some of the more difficult mini-games, because we're playing to completion). I usually just note which heart pieces we get as we go and we brainstorm which ones are left for the remaining ones, but for like, the Oracle games, we used a guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Bicyclops posted:

Oh, rescuing Zelda and fighting Ganondorf, eh? Well, that's cool, I guess. I mean, you know, someone who is a remorseful Stalfos now might have put you into a basket and taken you to a nice little village on the outskirts, far away from the Master Sword specifically so you wouldn't know my eternal afterlife of misery, but I guess you look good in green. I'd offer to take you fishing, but I'm in an incorporeal realm fashioned from my own loss, like you probably will be in a few days. Wanna learn the downthrust?

Wow this is the most cynically in-character reaction ever and I just LOL'd in my cube.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Isn't the Master Sword in Twilight Princess actually right beside Link's village? Not the best way to ensure lil' Linky-poo never runs into it :v:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Isn't the Master Sword in Twilight Princess actually right beside Link's village? Not the best way to ensure lil' Linky-poo never runs into it :v:
Well, there's a walloping great chasm and a forest haunted by a Skull Kid inbetween, and any runaway's going to head for the bright lights of Castle Town, so....

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe they'd stop running into these problems if they ever gave the Princess of Hyrule a different name. Thus far, I have never seen a game named "The Legend of Jennifer"

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I know some people would raise an absolute stink if this were ever the case but I personally wouldn't mind at all if Zelda was the main character in the next Wii U Zelda game after this upcoming one. I think it'd be a cool dynamic to have to use magic in the place of tools to solve puzzles. For instance a spell that acts as a hook shot or something rather than an actual hookshot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, the gag has been kind of floating around for a while that it'd be easy to alter the Zelda formula for the other two Triforce holders. Make a God of War style game for Ganondorf, super combat heavy with some light puzzle solving, and make a game for Zelda consisting mostly of puzzles with combat mechanics built more around stealth and taking enemies out in one go then extended fights.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Zelda can get a Professor Layton crossover game. :v:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

Yeah, the gag has been kind of floating around for a while that it'd be easy to alter the Zelda formula for the other two Triforce holders. Make a God of War style game for Ganondorf, super combat heavy with some light puzzle solving, and make a game for Zelda consisting mostly of puzzles with combat mechanics built more around stealth and taking enemies out in one go then extended fights.

I'm pretty sure Hyrule Warriors is the Ganondorf game, it just doesn't explicitly star him because he's too cool for his own game.

I would play the hell out of The Legend of Zelda: Assassin's Guild Sheik, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kyte posted:

Zelda can get a Professor Layton crossover game. :v:

Layton vs. Wright vs. Zelda.

Maybe she's the judge to give a new twist on Ace Attorney games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Zelda really doesn't need to be combat light. If anything she seems to be basically as capable as Link, just focused on light arrows and magic instead of swords.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

I want to play these games.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Smash Bros teaches us that Zelda is perfectly capable of hand-to-hand combat, simply by augmenting her punches and kicks with sparkle power.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

chumbler posted:

The Ace Attorney games don't work if the judge isn't an idiot. She'd make a good prosecutor though...

Supercar Gautier posted:

Smash Bros teaches us that Zelda is perfectly capable of hand-to-hand combat, simply by augmenting her punches and kicks with sparkle power.

I don't think the idea is that Zelda can't fight, it's that she holds the Triforce of Wisdom which lends itself to puzzling thematically.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

IMO it is very wise to lightning kick people in the face.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Zelda really doesn't need to be combat light. If anything she seems to be basically as capable as Link, just focused on light arrows and magic instead of swords.
Yeah, I didn't say combat light. I said not built around extended combat.

Ranged stuff, magic, and the Sheik thing all seem to lend themselves more towards planning out your attack and then executing it, rather than just going in and blocking and swinging until you win. Make combat a sort of puzzle too, basically. Wisdom.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Asylum

- Click LB to activate Sheikiah Vision.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Asylum

- Click LB to activate Sheikiah Vision.

- Click LB to use Lens of Truth :colbert:

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011

Stalfos Link also - after watching him attempt to destroy the world using an inanimate object imbued with ancient magic - put Skull Kid in charge of guarding the Master Sword.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'd play a game with the Happy Mask Salesman as the playable character.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'd play a game with the Happy Mask Salesman as the playable character.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Yeah I didn't see him actually sell many masks, did you? I think HMS is actually Hyrule's Zordon. He collects powerful transformation artifacts and makes sure teenagers (with attitude) get hold of them in times of trouble. Link just had the attitude of five whole people.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's to compensate for his muteness.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Blasphemeral posted:

I think HMS is actually Hyrule's Zordon.

The Legend of Zordon: Tommy's Awakening

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

:allears:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hi, this is Aonuma. Congratulations, you have passed the test and are now the man who develops our TV programs.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

Instead of yelling Objection and Take That, you just scream HYAAAT! HAAAA! HUT! at your 3DS.

It wouldn't be a very long game, though. Link's answer to most things is 'jam my sword into its head.'

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ChibiSoma posted:

It wouldn't be a very long game, though. Link's answer to most things is 'jam my sword into its head.'

They've finally switched to the US criminal justice system, then?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Hi, this is Aonuma. Congratulations, you have passed the test and are now the man who develops our TV programs.

Oh, is that so? (laughs)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

I want to play these games.

I just want more games with the Zelda license.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Note: Contains spoilers for those who haven't beaten Majora's Mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ipdBfNJII8

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Too bad it looks like 100% rear end when they paint/stain it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah, that looks pretty bad.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Wow, sure am glad they made the shittiest-looking sword in the entire franchise :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Should have done the razor sword.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

Should have done the razor sword.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Wow, sure am glad they made the shittiest-looking sword in the entire franchise :allears:

It's at least better than orange and black zigzag sword

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I was trying to find the LP from SA of Four Swords Adventures where the guy hooked up Four Gamecubes, a Wii, and five CRTs or something insane, can anyone help me out? Don't remember the user, and searching on youtube is getting me trash LPs.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Four-Swords-Adventures/

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aston posted:

It's at least better than orange and black zigzag sword

The Gilded Sword? The one that's just gold diamonds?

• Locked thread