Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

mabels big day posted:

Garou's hair is definitely supposed to look like that, and it's very faithful to the original.

But everything in the original looks like a poorly drawn mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mystic Mongol posted:

It's not like that at all...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Murata's version is exactly how ONE envisioned his comic would look like, if he were able to do what Murata can do.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Can we talk about the extra chapters added in post-story arc?

Because holy cow, the smelly lid prison introduction for Pri-Pri Prisoner has become one of my favorite parts of the series. It was so well done and I practically lost my poo poo over the big reveal at the end, it was that funny

'SHUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUP!'
Can you link to the chapter youre talking about?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

The quality is low but it's not poorly drawn.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I find it hilarious how Fubuki still gets a spot in the S class lineup because she's popular. Also that serious knitting. :allears:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

AnonSpore posted:

I find it hilarious how Fubuki still gets a spot in the S class lineup because she's popular.

Yeah same with that class B nobody in the center of the poster. At least King, the best hero, got a big chunk in the foreground.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

What's that thing at the top, directly above Tatsumaki and Pig God, supposed to be? It looks like it's supposed to be something but I can't figure it out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think that's the Shiny guy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think that's the Shiny guy.

Yup that's Darkshine.
Shamefully, you can tell by the lips.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup that's Darkshine.
Shamefully, you can tell by the lips.

Ah, I see it now. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I forget, have we seen the #1 S class hero yet?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Davinci posted:

Nope. All we know is that they are named Blast.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Davinci posted:

no.

Genocyber posted:

Nope. All we know is that they are named Blast.

There's a fan theory that blast is just the codename the hero association assigns to all the guys who Saitama beat up but don't actually know his true identity.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
We already have a codename for that, it's "King".

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh hey, I just noticed that Metal Knight is there too.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pig god may not be #1 in S-class, but hes number one in my heart

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

AnonSpore posted:

I find it hilarious how Fubuki still gets a spot in the S class lineup because she's popular. Also that serious knitting. :allears:
Saitama is holding a sales leaflet (surpise!), in case anyone's wondering.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Here is a new side chapter.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

There's a fan theory that blast is just the codename the hero association assigns to all the guys who Saitama beat up but don't actually know his true identity.

I'm wondering if, given the similarity in naming, he's not the brother Bang mentions in the just linked chapter.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

GoldenPrice posted:

On the one hand, those guys got exactly what they deserve for messing with another man's food. On the other hand, what kind of monster has Saitama become that he mixes cabbage and lobster? Who is the real villain here?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

GoldenPrice posted:

Genos has a built-in potato peeler.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

On the one hand, those guys got exactly what they deserve for messing with another man's food. On the other hand, what kind of monster has Saitama become that he mixes cabbage and lobster? Who is the real villain here?

How do you not put cabbage in a hot pot? I think we see who the real monster is, here.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The man who refused to put cabbage in his hotpot for so long he became a hotpot with no cabbage monster

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thank goodness they managed to save the hotpot.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Saitama has to rename himself One Pair Of Chopsticks-Man. Nice that they called back to the other side story where he saved the attempted suicide with a pair of chopsticks as well.

LOL at the Harsh Path guy who can't take a gentle push from Genos, plus they are lucky Saitama chose to funnel his awesome power through the chopsticks, there is no way they could survive a single punch from him.

Bang has an older brother?!! How much older can you get? Also, love that 'Kids these days' look on his face on page 8.

It's also rare and rewarding to see Saitama really enjoy something other than a special sale.

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like this story wasn't drawn by Murata, was it? It seems to be a slightly different but no less awesome style.

'all of this just because of cabbage' ROFL!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 1, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

Saitama has to rename himself One Pair Of Chopsticks-Man. Nice that they called back to the other side story where he saved the attempted suicide with a pair of chopsticks as well.

LOL at the Harsh Path guy who can't take a gentle push from Genos, plus they are lucky Saitama chose to funnel his awesome power through the chopsticks, there is no way they could survive a single punch from him.

Bang has an older brother?!! How much older can you get? Also, love that 'Kids these days' look on his face on page 8.

It's also rare and rewarding to see Saitama really enjoy something other than a special sale.

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like this story wasn't drawn by Murata, was it? It seems to be a slightly different but no less awesome style.

'all of this just because of cabbage' ROFL!

They probably just look slightly different because they're (I think?) scans from a magazine, whereas OPM is usually translated using webraws.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, OPM is usually published online so you'd get high-resolution cleaned up pages by default there.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Murata probably isn't putting his full effort into side stories. They still look great and all, but side stuff isn't going to get his usual, insane treatment.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
"This only looks better than 99% of the stuff out there. Eh, good enough." :effort:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Even the side stories kick rear end.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
I've read both versions of the manga and the side stories have been some of my favorite parts of the series, especially the one involving the police station and the 200 yen one.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
My favorite part of this side story is Genos saving the box of lobster from underneath that ruffian's foot.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Anyone (in Japan :( ) wants to be Murata's assistant?

http://tonarinoyj.jp/info/assistant/

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo is that for OPM? Please tell me it is!

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
New chapter.

These last few have been a little short.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

GoldenPrice posted:

New chapter.

These last few have been a little short.
Thanks for the update! Everytime I see new posts in this thread i get excited then disappoint when its people jabbering on. But new chapter! Doesn't matter the length, One punch man rocks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I absolutely adore Garou's hair.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I felt just like Garou all the time when I was a kid. The bad guys always got hosed over even if they tried way harder and were much smarter than the good guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010
I can't wait to see Murata's version of this arc :allears: