Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Yesterday I was gonna drop $25 on Dynasty Warriors Xtreme Complete 8th edition or whatever the gently caress it's called. Good thing I waited, since it's down an extra :10bux: today :toot:

I can't recommend Beyond Good and Evil enough. It's a beautiful hidden gem of an action RPG/photography simulator, on sale for like five bucks right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Asnorban posted:

I've held off on buying the DLC because this pricing has been consistent. I only want Dragonborn (already have the house one) and that alone is the same price as the Legendary edition. Really learned my lesson with not always waiting for the edition of these types of games that has all the DLC in it to be released.

I've said it before, but between weird DLC pricing and all these "definitive edition" rereleases I feel punished if I buy a game before it's been out a year. You'd think publishers would want me to give them a larger sum earlier, but apparently not.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is Lego Batman 3 as good as 2? If it is I may grab it and Strider.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Alien Isolation: Worth it at 50% off? It seems to have gotten good stream reviews at least.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Male Man posted:

I've said it before, but between weird DLC pricing and all these "definitive edition" rereleases I feel punished if I buy a game before it's been out a year. You'd think publishers would want me to give them a larger sum earlier, but apparently not.
I feel as if it's mostly a Bethesda thing, which is wholly stupid all the way through. Even in 2 years time it'll probably be the same, punishing people for buying the game early by making them pay even more for DLC piecemeal.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tomb Raider for $4? Or is all the DLC good as well? Or is every tomb raider game worth it for $15?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lakbay posted:

I saw dragonborn once on Amazon for $5 but at this point I dread having to reinstall the game + mods.

Asnorban posted:

I've held off on buying the DLC because this pricing has been consistent. I only want Dragonborn (already have the house one) and that alone is the same price as the Legendary edition. Really learned my lesson with not always waiting for the edition of these types of games that has all the DLC in it to be released.

Yeah, I completely missed that amazon sale and I've been hitting myself ever since. It's 6.69 over on Amazon right now, so I may end up buying that instead.

Ceive posted:

The legendary edition is $14. That's the game and dlc right? :)

Yeah, but I already have the base game, and honestly each DLC being almost the same price as the Legendary Edition is downright insulting.

Also, I just checked again to see if the prices had "settled", and the Dragonborn DLC actually went up in price when the deal hit, it's 13.39 now.

Borderlands does the same thing, where getting the DLC is more expensive than getting the game AND the DLC. They could at least give you another copy of the base game to gift, but not even that.

In the end, they're punishing the people who got the game early and paid more money for it. gently caress that poo poo.

Publishers should start doing "update to GOTY" packs, priced at (GOTY - Base Game). I think Civ V does this every sale, and it should become the norm.

VVVVV Exactly

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 1, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh hey, finally Skyrim for 75% off! Time to grab the DLC for 75% off each and...

God dammit, Bethesda. t:mad:

I know it wasn't and isn't anywhere near as massively popular, but Saints Row IV did DLC sales right by making the "GOTY Upgrade" like $2.50 when it was a daily It wasn't advertised on Steam and you had to really dig to find it but it existed.

In any sale like this, the DLC needed to make something a GOTY or "Legendary" or Whatever Edition should be priced at whatever the ______ Edition costs minus the sale price of the base game. So in Skyrim's case you should be able to get all of the DLC together for $8.59.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sober posted:

Blacklist has a few redeeming parts in it in the narrative, just not in the main SCARY TERRORISTS ATTACKING INNOCENT AMERICA part, which is wholly pants on head stupid and at times controversial.

edit: also what about the CoL DLC?

I would suggest the Golem's Plight DLC, and (maybe) the Dark/Light packs. The rest are kind of unnecessary, as they give you boosts that you can get/find in game.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mortimer posted:

Tomb Raider for $4? Or is all the DLC good as well? Or is every tomb raider game worth it for $15?

The only DLC you might want is the "Tomb of the Lost Adventurer" which adds another 5 minute tomb to raid into the single player game. All that gets you is some upgrade materials and there's already plenty of those so its not worth it. The only other thing that might be worth it for MY IMMERSION reasons is one of the single player skins, like the Aviatrix or the Mountaineer so you can make Lara put on a loving jacket, jesus christ she must be cold.

Everything else is multiplayer DLC which is dead.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 1, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mortimer posted:

The dlc is almost all just cosmetic skins for the dead multiplayer. Completely worthless.

Anniversary is the best old style Tomb Raider followed by Legacy and then Underworld.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

The dlc is almost all just cosmetic skins for the dead multiplayer. Completely worthless.

Anniversary is the best old style Tomb Raider followed by Legacy and then Underworld.

Legacy = Legend?

Is that a "yes $16 for them is good"?

It looks like just buying anniversary underworld legend and the new one comes out to $9, so unless guardian of light is good I might just buy those separately. Thanks for the help.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Got some extra Steam keys from some bundles. Just say what you take, thanks.

Jack Orlando: Director's Cut
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253960/
Steam key: 950Z6-GIHQK-DGFLP

Lost Civilization
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264580/
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=560a7f5c798711e498a4834ef21dbb44

Power Up
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312640/
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=8cc85140798711e4928bcbf9b17d4968

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mortimer posted:

Legacy = Legend?

It looks like just buying anniversary underworld legend and the new one comes out to $9, so unless guardian of light is good I might just buy those separately. Thanks for the help.

Guardian of Light is an amazingly fun game, especially if you can get a buddy to do some bro-op.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mr E posted:

Is Lego Batman 3 as good as 2? If it is I may grab it and Strider.

It's slightly below Marvel for me so far but Marvel is my favourite Lego game.

I just think they may as well have called it Lego DC.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Mortimer posted:

Legacy = Legend?

Anniversary is good (except the end holy poo poo), underworld and legend are poo poo and skippable. Guardian of Light is really good but it's a different genre really.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

King Vidiot posted:

I know it wasn't and isn't anywhere near as massively popular, but Saints Row IV did DLC sales right by making the "GOTY Upgrade" like $2.50 when it was a daily It wasn't advertised on Steam and you had to really dig to find it but it existed.
Well it sure is well hidden because I can only find the base game (that I own), season pass and goty edition in the store. :v:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, I completely missed that amazon sale and I've been hitting myself ever since. It's 6.69 over on Amazon right now, so I may end up buying that instead.

Yeah, but I already have the base game, and honestly each DLC being almost the same price as the Legendary Edition is downright insulting.

Also, I just checked again to see if the prices had "settled", and the Dragonborn DLC actually went up in price when the deal hit, it's 13.39 now.

Borderlands does the same thing, where getting the DLC is more expensive than getting the game AND the DLC. They could at least give you another copy of the base game to gift, but not even that.

In the end, they're punishing the people who got the game early and paid more money for it. gently caress that poo poo.

Publishers should start doing "update to GOTY" packs, priced at (GOTY - Base Game). I think Civ V does this every sale, and it should become the norm.

VVVVV Exactly

Oh hey I finally got Dragonborn since I had $5 in credit sitting around. Dawnguard is sold out somehow though.

thesg
Oct 30, 2013

Zedd posted:

Well it sure is well hidden because I can only find the base game (that I own), season pass and goty edition in the store. :v:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47503/

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Like should I actually be buying games or should I just wait for the end of the year sale? I thought this WAS the end of the year sale so I spent almost $150 CAD on games already... everything was at least 66% off though :smith:

I might still pick up RPG Maker VX since $20 is badass - but what if it goes down to 90% in the winter sale? :gonk:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thank you, (and Monkeyhuouse), that is indeed hidden. :v:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
loving Hell EA, why is this so hard.

I decided to rebuy Inquisition on the PC, since the Ps4 version is absolutely hosed ( PC doesn't sound much better, but hey you can at least beat it ). Used an Amazon gift card to get it for free, got my code, and went to download Origin.

If I download it from the "Download Origin" tab on their site, it downloads an updater, but if you don't already have Origin on your PC, it spazzes out because it can't find Origin and restarts the entire PC, with no way to stop it. This seems like a bit of an oversight, but who the hell knows.

Eventually, I found another tab on their site that allowed me to download Origin as it's base install. Except this download keeps collapsing over and over again, with this apparently being a common problem on EA's end. According to people with more tech knowledge then me on their forums, EA hasn't updated the .exe they've been sending out in years, and it's been compromised/is buggy as hell now, so most installers won't finish the install.

I ended up having to go scrounge up my disc copy of ME3, find the Origin download file in one of it's folders, and use that to install Origin, then update it.

This is worse then loving Uplay.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So I've never ever played a Splinter Cell game. I've played only a few Tom Clancy Games (R6:Vegas 2, some of Future Soldier). How is Blacklist in terms of gunplay and content?

Zedd posted:

Thank you... Monkeyhuouse... :v:

:cheers:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

vivisecting posted:

Like should I actually be buying games or should I just wait for the end of the year sale? I thought this WAS the end of the year sale so I spent almost $150 CAD on games already... everything was at least 66% off though :smith:

I might still pick up RPG Maker VX since $20 is badass - but what if it goes down to 90% in the winter sale? :gonk:

Usually prices are the same for the black Friday and winter sales. The winter sale just has more deals/day (the community choice thing) and some sort of associated metagame, probably card-themed. Go ahead and buy stuff you're gonna play.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
RE: GOTY/Complete pack bullshit.

I hate the way companies do that kind of garbage. It just reinforces in my mind that I should never buy a game until the complete pack is available because I'm getting double dicked on price if I buy at release. Once for paying full price and again for being screwed on ridiculous sales that give you zero credit towards a complete pack for already owning the base game. It's absurd.

The only saving grace is that eventually it gets so cheap that it doesn't matter as much. I bought New Vegas forever ago and yesterday (or day before?) the Ultimate Edition was only $5 so I just used that as a "buy all DLC" button. Finally I can use the jsawyer mod, the way the game was meant to be played!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thanks, mate!

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
War of the Roses: Kingmaker: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Zxh5V MvDqYa Zvfee

From the Paradox Flash sale @ Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

Pay what you want:
War of the Roses: Kingmaker (+1 to gift)
March of the Eagles
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition

BTA:
Cities in Motion 2
Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Pay $16 or more:
Crusader Kings II + Russian and Norse Unit Packs (Why these two DLCs? Why more expensive than Steam sale at this very moment? :iiam:)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Morter posted:

So I've never ever played a Splinter Cell game. I've played only a few Tom Clancy Games (R6:Vegas 2, some of Future Soldier). How is Blacklist in terms of gunplay and content?

:cheers:

Blacklist is a VERY good stealth game. Great content. I LOVED Dishonored and the first two Thiefs and this game is honestly right up there alongside them. It's not the same gameplay as Dishonored, but I think it has better stealth and environment utilization (design gameplay).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Chomp8645 posted:

Finally I can use the jsawyer mod, the way the game was meant to be played!

Shut up, I'm not installing this again!

/edit: Also seconding the praise for Blacklist, it's a great stealth game. Haven't really gone 100% guns so I can't really comment on the gunplay, but it _should_ be possible considering gear, specs and level finish bonuses (assault being one).

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 1, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Blacklist does that thing that everyone complains about not seeing in stealth games, which is when the enemy is alerted to you they never fully go back to "well didn't see anything, back to business as usual."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

vivisecting posted:

Just find someone who got VX in that weekly sale and get it for a couple ref?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I hate to be a whiner but when you jerks guys are posting nothing but images, at least include in the filename or something, a name of the game? Or maybe make the image clickable to it leads to the steam page? Please?? :arghfist::confused:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Edmond Dantes posted:

Shut up, I'm not installing this again!

/edit: Also seconding the praise for Blacklist, it's a great stealth game. Haven't really gone 100% guns so I can't really comment on the gunplay, but it _should_ be possible considering gear, specs and level finish bonuses (assault being one).

100% shooty is more than possible. Couple sections enforce stealth, but other than those you can rampage through the levels and play it as Gears of War: Fisher Finally Snapped edition.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Has anybody played Breach & Clear? Is it any good? Like one of the reviews quoted says, it does look like a mixture of XCOM and Rainbow Six, which I wouldn't mind. It also vaguely reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior, which I didn't mind either. The game costs £2.74, which seems like a good price. Aye? Nay?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Hollow Talk posted:

Has anybody played Breach & Clear? Is it any good? Like one of the reviews quoted says, it does look like a mixture of XCOM and Rainbow Six, which I wouldn't mind. It also vaguely reminds me of Full Spectrum Warrior, which I didn't mind either. The game costs £2.74, which seems like a good price. Aye? Nay?

It's more Frozen Synapse as a puzzle game than anything else. Good fun and worth it, just be aware it's more puzzle solving than action.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Morter posted:

I hate to be a whiner but when you jerks guys are posting nothing but images, at least include in the filename or something, a name of the game? Or maybe make the image clickable to it leads to the steam page? Please?? :arghfist::confused:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205330/

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

edit: I really hate to bring up BioShock Infinite but here goes: I really felt like Remember Me was about on-par with BioShock Infinite in terms of tedium vs. stunning visual style. The only thing that made me press on when playing BioShock Infinite was the fact that everybody was talking about it. Otherwise I felt about as nonplussed about it as I was playing Remember Me. In my opinion, both games should've gotten maybe a 70% rating, but of course Infinite got a "FLAWLESS MASTERPIECE" rating and Remember Me got absolutely poo poo on or outright ignored.

I actually agree with you, although I've been accused of being a Bioshock Infinite apologist. Both of them are pretty, but shallow, with most of the deep mechanics seemingly removed, but the comparison of the reviews is spot on.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Alchenar posted:

It's more Frozen Synapse as a puzzle game than anything else. Good fun and worth it, just be aware it's more puzzle solving than action.
That actually makes it sound more enticing, if anything. Oh well, might as well. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rookersh posted:

loving Hell EA, why is this so hard.

This is worse then loving Uplay.

Whereas I downloaded Origin last week without issues.

:pcgaming:

• Locked thread