Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Doctor Hurt is a really cool concept for a villain too, and it's great that he tries to attack Batman in a way kind of unique among his villains, tries to tarnish and discredit his very reasons for existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
So I wonder how exactly Batman can jam assault rifles? There shouldn't be any electronic equipment inside them, unless...

"ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear." :D

Or, all weapons provided by Strange do indeed have safety switches like that, in case they get used against him :)

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Kazeite posted:

So I wonder how exactly Batman can jam assault rifles? There shouldn't be any electronic equipment inside them, unless...

Or, all weapons provided by Strange do indeed have safety switches like that, in case they get used against him :)

Nanobats, son!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

my dad posted:

I have to admit, the only version of Batman I like as much as the TAS version is the one in "Batman: The Brave And The Bold" That show is just the right mix of cheerful and intentionally stupid that it's a nice palate cleanser after all those grimdark Batmen we're being spammed with lately. And, as a bonus, the show incessantly mocks hardcore Batman fanboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBW3tFmkig&t=5s
:allears:

No joke, Brave and the Bold is probably my second favorite incarnation of Batman ever, not only giving us a fresh and different Batman that revels in the zany-ness of the Silver age, but it made Aquaman great, made me love some old obscure characters I never cared about before, and the songs, THE SONGS man.

My only really gripe is it had to end before getting some more characters outta the way, I wanted to see a Lobo team up episode and more of Mr.Miracle :(

But hey Music Meister is in Lego Batman 3! Along with the previously mentioned Condiment King a few pages ago.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Kazeite posted:

I'm kinda skeptical it's that logical considering it gets used on way too many different weapon types (would the automated machine guns really have the same ID-tag gear as regular weapons after all?). I just chalk it up to the same comic book science that lets a guy walk around in power armor with a freeze ray.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As a small note, Aaron Cash's picture in that riddle is different from the one in Arkham Asylum.

He has a newborn baby now. :3:

Additionally, now that we've gotten to Penguin's third interview tape, we can see that Hugo Strange did indeed get Penguin high grade weapons.

New kid to feed probably explains why Cash was crazy enough to take this job in the first place; I mean, is anybody SURPRISED the team's had two different supervillains prey on them? It's a miracle Scruffy didn't walk into the church and see the two guys he rescued strung up from the rafters or something. As for Penguin getting all his firepower from Strange, I wonder if that was Strange being overconfidently stupid again (I'd say the guns that have been around in Arkham City could down those choppers flying around without too much trouble), a cunning method to keep the balance of power inside unstable (since Penguin is more about defending his "turf" than really interested in an escape per se), or just setting up yet another way to justify Protocol 10.

Oh, and in regards to the Riddler hostage just unlocked - no, you shouldn't need any gadgets beyond the line launcher to do it. I know it has the water and screws and such that suggests using the final gadget, but you can easily find a spot to zoom across with the launcher without messing with any of that. Unless there are steam vents I'm forgetting later I think you have the gear to do the whole set of Riddler stuff right now, you just won't have any way to unlock enough trophies to do them all without the whole set.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They even gave Condiment King his costume from BTAS.

Speaking of, here's his debut appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnaHXjJAHrA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kazeite posted:

If I had a modicum of artistic talent, I'd remake this gif with Joker instead of Ocelot. It's too perfect.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
:ocelot: with little BANG flags coming out the fingats.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

WendyO posted:

Maybe I just like westerns, but this was always my favorite.

http://youtu.be/1819yLFaAZ8

I always liked Justice League Unlimited's take on the Western: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL0a6I7fVFc

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

WendyO posted:

Maybe I just like westerns, but this was always my favorite.

http://youtu.be/1819yLFaAZ8

So does this guy just kinda go around providing a soundtrack to other peoples' adventures with his rad outfit and guntar? Because that's a wonderful idea for a superhero.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of, here's his debut appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnaHXjJAHrA

That episode was great, the Joker entered into a comedy competition for the title of 'funniest man in gotham' and lost. So he stole some of the Mad Hatter's mind control chips and turned the judges into the lamest supervillains he could think of so they'd be humiliated on live tv.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So I read that Penguin comic that was recommended and Penguin is seriously cold.

I think he just became one of my favorite Batman villains. :allears:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So I read that Penguin comic that was recommended and Penguin is seriously cold.

This by the way, should explain to you why every one of Penguins thugs is terrified of him and will do what he says. He doesn't have to kill you, but he can certainly destoy everything you care about, and no one in the world has something they don't care about.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I recall in one of the predator rooms we've seen already, he says something to the effect of "If you don't kill Batman, I'm going to send some goons around to pick up your families. Then I'll have them call you and beg for their lives. Then, I'll kill them."

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Onmi posted:

This by the way, should explain to you why every one of Penguins thugs is terrified of him and will do what he says. He doesn't have to kill you, but he can certainly destoy everything you care about, and no one in the world has something they don't care about.

It also shows the flip side of that, that if you're a good employee to him he will make sure you're living large.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Polaron posted:

It also shows the flip side of that, that if you're a good employee to him he will make sure you're living large.

There is actually another moment in the comics when Assassins are coming for his head, he makes the decision to fire all of his Employees, with generous severance packages, he deeds the Iceberg Lounge to the Riddler (a friend) and basically makes sure that everyone will be looked after in what he's sure is going to kill him. Then he survives the assassins anyway, but there is a human side to the monster, a side that wanted to make sure those who worked for him and his friend would be taken care of if he died.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Polaron posted:

It's the nature of a dictator, though. You prosper by his whims. He's got the best super power of all...money, and influence.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My work schedule is all janky this week but luckily I've recorded some stuff in advance. Like this!

On The Trail of The Demon/Polsy - Interview tape: Penguin 4

Character bios: Killer Croc, Talia Al Ghul

Arkham City Stories: A Killer In The Sewers, Wonder City (2), Wonder City (3)

Campaign Challenge: Street Justice/Polsy with Animated Series Catwoman

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Penguin must have Clock King on staff, he has killer timing on screwing people over.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
God. Damnit. Game.

Catwoman was bad enough, but I forgot how much THIS ONE looks like her pants are painted on.

Also, I am rather enjoying the interview tapes, since I never got to collect them all on my own playthroughs. You keep learning more and more things that fill in the neat little holes of, "how the gently caress did that happen besides the game saying so?"

And yeah, holy poo poo Penguin.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Shei-kun posted:

God. Damnit. Game.

Catwoman was bad enough, but I forgot how much THIS ONE looks like her pants are painted on.

So then blame the creators of Batman TAS :confused: I mean the costume doesn't lend itself to looking like anything other than a sexy bodysuit and I'm sure everyone knew that even when she was wearing it on a kid's cartoon series.

Maybe it's because I've been watching that show lately but I prefer this look over what Catwoman actually wears in the game

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

dscruffy1 posted:

My work schedule is all janky this week but luckily I've recorded some stuff in advance. Like this!

On The Trail of The Demon/Polsy - Interview tape: Penguin 4

Character bios: Killer Croc, Talia Al Ghul

Arkham City Stories: A Killer In The Sewers, Wonder City (2), Wonder City (3)

Campaign Challenge: Street Justice/Polsy with Animated Series Catwoman

That part where you take out the armed thugs with the explosive gel from above - it's cool that the game gives you options on how to tackle it, but I'm pretty sure the best way to deal with them is line-launching yourself through the wall at them because it gets you a Riddler challenge. It's also really funny.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Aces High posted:

So then blame the creators of Batman TAS :confused: I mean the costume doesn't lend itself to looking like anything other than a sexy bodysuit and I'm sure everyone knew that even when she was wearing it on a kid's cartoon series.

Maybe it's because I've been watching that show lately but I prefer this look over what Catwoman actually wears in the game
I wasn't referring to Catwoman. I was referring to someone we meet in the latest update and I wasn't saying it so that people who were unfamiliar or might bitch about it wouldn't be spoiled.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yea, Talia's costume design is much like most female characters design in this game, eye-rollingly bad. The nurse in the predator room isn't much better, either. The paramedic you rescue from the steel mill may have running mascara, but at least she's wearing EMT-style clothing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I wasn't referring to Catwoman. I was referring to someone we meet in the latest update and I wasn't saying it so that people who were unfamiliar or might bitch about it wouldn't be spoiled.

Batman already hinted that person would be in Arkham City a video or two ago, though.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Onmi posted:

There is actually another moment in the comics when Assassins are coming for his head, he makes the decision to fire all of his Employees, with generous severance packages, he deeds the Iceberg Lounge to the Riddler (a friend) and basically makes sure that everyone will be looked after in what he's sure is going to kill him. Then he survives the assassins anyway, but there is a human side to the monster, a side that wanted to make sure those who worked for him and his friend would be taken care of if he died.

Not only does he leave the Iceberg to Riddler (who had retired from villainy at the time and was working as a detective), but Riddler actually stops by the Iceberg before the assassins show up to talk to his friend and they have a pretty interesting conversation that was ultimately two emotionally constipated people trying to find ways to say "You're my friend, please don't die, I care about you" without actually saying it. Edward had also been struggling with staying away from crime and Ozzie encouraged him to stick with the straight and narrow and stay safe. Then he shoos Edward out of the Iceberg and makes him go home because he knows the assassins are coming and he doesn't want his friend to get caught in the crossfire :smith:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

CuwiKhons posted:

Not only does he leave the Iceberg to Riddler (who had retired from villainy at the time and was working as a detective), but Riddler actually stops by the Iceberg before the assassins show up to talk to his friend and they have a pretty interesting conversation that was ultimately two emotionally constipated people trying to find ways to say "You're my friend, please don't die, I care about you" without actually saying it. Edward had also been struggling with staying away from crime and Ozzie encouraged him to stick with the straight and narrow and stay safe. Then he shoos Edward out of the Iceberg and makes him go home because he knows the assassins are coming and he doesn't want his friend to get caught in the crossfire :smith:
Wow, what issues are these?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I want to say it was Gotham Underground but I legit can't remember.

Unrelated: Penguin is a very different character in the Super Dictionary.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Super Dictionary should have its own series of comics.

Also, the music for the ninja fights is fantastic. Probably my favorite normal combat theme in the game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Samovar posted:

Yea, Talia's costume design is much like most female characters design in this game, eye-rollingly bad. The nurse in the predator room isn't much better, either. The paramedic you rescue from the steel mill may have running mascara, but at least she's wearing EMT-style clothing.

I don't mind Talia's....shirt. Like the embossments on the leather and everything about it look really neat and ornate. The fact that it's a belly shirt is not-ideal, nor are her Lee's Spray-on Pants or the way she walks.

Also: we're coming up on my favorite fight :allears:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Fairly sure it's possible to do the electrified floor room just by repeatedly changing direction in mid-air thanks to Batman's gravity-defying magick. Might take some damage at the end, but I remember doing it without the upgrade.
And yes, Talia's outfit is horrible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd say the worst thing about her outfit is that she doesn't look like a ninja by any stretch of the definition.

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
So... was Wonder City built in a crater or something? Because Gotham proper seems to be located at sea level.

Also, the second part of Ace Chemicals Infiltration Trailer has been released.

... I must say, the more I look at Batmobile blowing up those tanks, the more... wrong it feels to me. It's like this Batmobile was built specifically to fight those things (which it kinda did, from certain point of view :)), but Batman had no way of knowing he's gonna need such heavily armed vehicle - he's good, but not that good.

Unless he has like a whole lineup of increasingly more powerful Batmobiles, and this one is just one step away from Bat-tank from Dark Knight Returns :rolleyes:

My point is, rolling around blowing things up doesn't feel like something that should be in Batman game. An exciting chase, sure. Riddler challenge, why not? But those sections are straight from Call of Warfare: Modern Duty :v:

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Just chiming in to remind you to do a whole bunch of mid-air high wire redirections for the Riddler challenge!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, Batman has a Batmobile that is capable of firing HEAT rounds but he's still seriously not trying to kill anyone!

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Kazeite posted:

My point is, rolling around blowing things up doesn't feel like something that should be in Batman game. An exciting chase, sure. Riddler challenge, why not? But those sections are straight from Call of Warfare: Modern Duty :v:

It's a WAR on crime. It's not like he can use some kind of Bat-tank repellent to deal with them.

Also, dscruffy1, with that latest accidental death you've gone from Dick Grayson Batman to Jean Paul Valley Batman. Just make sure you don't go all the way down to Bane Batman. :v:

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Samovar posted:

Yeah, that nurse outfit me me laugh. So either Gotham hospitals still make nurses wear 1950s style nurse outfits, or the Joker's thugs made her change out of her scrubs and into one when they kidnapped her. Either one seems pretty probable to me, to be honest.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Batman TAS has always been a weird mash up of the 1920's and 1990's. Cars, outsides of buildings, gangster clothes? 1920's. Batcave, interiors, general tech level? 1990's

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
It's especially grating with Talia because it doesn't even have the fig leaf of "fitting her character." Like, sure, Catwoman's a shameless flirt, Poison Ivy uses sex appeal as a weapon, and Harley Quinn is just nuts; it's still the writers' fault for emphasizing those traits, but at least it makes sense in-universe. What's Talia's excuse? I don't actually know much about her outside this game, but she comes across as competent and reasonably sane. Did she hear Bruce was coming and decide to vamp it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Alien Arcana posted:

It's especially grating with Talia because it doesn't even have the fig leaf of "fitting her character." Like, sure, Catwoman's a shameless flirt, Poison Ivy uses sex appeal as a weapon, and Harley Quinn is just nuts; it's still the writers' fault for emphasizing those traits, but at least it makes sense in-universe. What's Talia's excuse? I don't actually know much about her outside this game, but she comes across as competent and reasonably sane. Did she hear Bruce was coming and decide to vamp it up?

She wants to dress sexy for Bruce, whom she loves.

• Locked thread