Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I feel like we're just arguing past each other at this point and the more we bicker, the less anyone is interested in what we have to say.

I answered her in the post she's quoting. Obviously I think Hiipfire is scum, but if he's town I'd understand why she spent so much time defending Hiipfire while simultaneously voting him. That behavior doesn't make sense to me otherwise. Almost everyone has commented on Hiipfire at this point too and I feel like I'd have a lot to work with in the event that we were wrong.

I don't know what this means. That if he is town, I must be scum because you think I was defending him? But if he turns up scum are you going to think that I'm town?

Also I wasn't defending him, I was arguing with your case. Two people can say someone is scummy and have different cases on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Reading over it again, I don't like Allen and Somber's interactions.

Allen drops a really flimsy case on someone.

Allen Wren posted:

gently caress, we're all nearly evenly split on what to do. I'm hesitant to lean on somebody because coming in late makes it look like I've got information or something, but it's a day until deadline, let me just drop something so we can start working on it.

##vote Epsilon Plus

Unless I scrollwheeled past them laying out some logic, the last few posts I saw from them were all questioning other people's motives, though they do have a vote on MMM. What's the deal there?

Somber questions him about the bad case and the tone of his posts

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon is super obvious at scum and I'm not feeling it yet, so hard pass. I understand you got poo poo to do but this looks shady. You're super worried about how your content might appear rather than the quality of the content.

I don't think votes are really indicative of where we're at the time, there's hardly a gridlock.

Allen gets mad about it and then makes a comment about terminology he doesn't know

Allen Wren posted:

also what the gently caress does this mean it's the same drat thing

Allen Wren posted:

Why wouldn't I be worried about how my content appears?

That's what gets people killed.

Allen Wren posted:

But for real what's a hard pass, I don't know the cool kid lingo, I come from GBS where they banned the cool kid lingo. :goku:

Somber explains the term, but then declares him town for reasons I don't understand.

Somberbrero posted:

It's not mafia lingo, it's just a thing people say. Like, a pass as in 'no thanks,' but more firmly.

Your reaction is giving me newbie vibes so we're cool.

1) He still made a very flimsy case with absolutely no reasoning to it and never expanded on it.

2) Somber was right in that Allen definitely looks like he wants to appear to make content without actually getting into it and making content.

The fact that he didn't know a term doesn't change either of these facts and Somber abandoning his questioning so easily makes no sense. This looks like distancing to me.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

Reading over it again, I don't like Allen and Somber's interactions.

Allen drops a really flimsy case on someone.

I didn't actually have a case, I just picked a name, looked at their recent posts, looked at their vote, asked what was up with that, and never actually got an explanation.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was about to jump in with Asiina re: Somber/Wren, but then I realised that the Somber/Wren conversation I think is fishy is in the other 9 player game Somber and Wren and I are in :eng99:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Allen seems generally confused and he's new enough I don't want to lynch him day one. It's easy enough to confuse new and scummy behavior so I think it makes more sense to give him some lead time while also just being the nicer option.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That case on me based of Allen seems very genuine. ##vote Hiipfire

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was about to jump in with Asiina re: Somber/Wren, but then I realised that the Somber/Wren conversation I think is fishy is in the other 9 player game Somber and Wren and I are in :eng99:

This just made me check my posting in the other game. Goddammit.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I forget which goddamn game is which.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

I didn't actually have a case, I just picked a name, looked at their recent posts, looked at their vote, asked what was up with that, and never actually got an explanation.

That's really, really not a good reason to vote for someone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also people should post more so I can get my post count up. Not KingB though, you've posted enough thanks.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here are the KingB posts that pinged me

King Burgundy posted:

MMM(you) - I know asiina did it as a joke, but I really can't see JakeP as town. Also, your reaction to the rest of us on the whole mass claiming thing seemed really really off tonally to me and I know you are smarter than to not understand our reasoning so it felt manufactured.

Here's a bit of mafia negging, it's not as bad as it could be and there is a very specific reason I have to think it's genuine but it's dumb. I'll post about it in a follow up post because I have to dig some stuff up.

These posts feel weird to me as well. They seem a little awkward and take some steps to establish kingB's lack of info. The first is a quote clarifying that there are 2 scum and included is "it's an f11 or whatever"

The second is like, allen's latest posts weren't scummy so he's moving allen wren to be voted out d2 instead of d1. He's going to give allen time to play (although hiipfire doesn't get the same chance because...?)

King Burgundy posted:

Also this. It's F11 or whatever right? There should only be two. If I'm right about my two picks, that is as far as we need to go.

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, Allen is coming off really genuine in his newness. I really don't want to take him out on day 1 now. I'll give him time to get his feet wet and prove himself before spending any more time on him.

##vote Hiipfire

Mostly, KingB has been pretty good but these 3 posts make me reluctant to list him as town just yet.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

That's really, really not a good reason to vote for someone.

You're right, it's not. I just wanted some attention (and, again, the reasoning behind his MMM vote.)

##unvote

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:justpost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina I know you're online help me figure this out

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

She's scum though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM I've already solved the game. I don't know how else to help you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I do relish the idea of posting more though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

She's scum though

Only in real life.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You still think it's Allen?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think it's probably Allen over Hiipfire, but I'm not entirely positive.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

And you're not seeing EXAKT in any way?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

She's scum though

Ah I dunno, her most recent case on me seemed like genuine scumhunting even if it's wrong.

I'd probably vote Allen tomorrow but not today. Manny, your KB posts mirrors what I've been thinking. I wouldn't want to be in lylo with the guy but I think there are much better candidates ahead of him. Although, I think it's obvious why KB is cutting Allen more slack than Hiipfire. Allen is newer and Hiipfire has pretty much given up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

And you're not seeing EXAKT in any way?

Exakt is definitely playing up the helpful townie role, coaching Allen in-thread and pointing out helpful neutral points. I'm not really interested in voting him today though, seems like there's no reason not to lynch Hiipfire today and work it out tomorrow with more information.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm a little disappointed in hiipfire not posting before heading to school today but it just feels wrong to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I'm a little disappointed in hiipfire not posting before heading to school today but it just feels wrong to me.

I am firmly convinced this is the right lynch, I think you're just backing off because it seems too easy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why are so at ease with voting town? You keep phrasing your posts in the context of all the information we'll get from hiipfire as if that is a larger benefit than voting a scum.

I thought you were a S C U M H U N T E R somber!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So, today is going to be a bit crazy for me. So much for my post lead. :(

I'm going to try and quickly respond to anything that happened since I was last in thread before I vanish for awhile to meetings and deadlines.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is part of what makes me think Somber is scum. He keeps talking about the information we're going to get from Hiipfire's flip and including that he may be town. It feels like a setup.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

King Burgundy posted:

I'm going to try and quickly respond to anything that happened since I was last in thread before I vanish for awhile to meetings and deadlines.

Also yes - yesterday kinda disintegrated for me and now I have work today. I plan on trying to squeeze in some lunch-posting but my vote stays for the time being.

Asiina posted:

This is part of what makes me think Somber is scum. He keeps talking about the information we're going to get from Hiipfire's flip and including that he may be town. It feels like a setup.

Yeah - it's very obvious that any flip in a game yields information. There's no need to go over it endlessly.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm fine with somber as well actually

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Why are so at ease with voting town? You keep phrasing your posts in the context of all the information we'll get from hiipfire as if that is a larger benefit than voting a scum.

I thought you were a S C U M H U N T E R somber!

How are you sure I'm voting town? I'm pretty sure I'm voting scum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

How are you sure I'm voting town? I'm pretty sure I'm voting scum.

I'm not sure, but you seem very comfortable with the idea

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm fine with somber as well actually

I'm going to be around tonight though so I'll wait on my vote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if you're being intellectually honest at all, you can't possibly be pretty sure you're voting scum if you're voting hiip.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I want to hear a thing or two from hiipfire at some point as well

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, nevermind, got pulled away and now I have meetings for at least the next hour. I'll definitely do this sometime today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

Exakt is definitely playing up the helpful townie role, coaching Allen in-thread and pointing out helpful neutral points. I'm not really interested in voting him today though, seems like there's no reason not to lynch Hiipfire today and work it out tomorrow with more information.

Oh okay, I see what everyone is saying. I was trying to say that I think it's kind of silly to go chasing after other candidates when Hiipfire is definitely strongest candidate today to my mind. Hiipfire's response to being called scum was to blow up a little and then complete silence, he is definitely scum. I'm not going to worry too much about who the second scum is until day two starts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

if you're being intellectually honest at all, you can't possibly be pretty sure you're voting scum if you're voting hiip.

what

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah basically. This is the most hand in the air and shrug "guess the dude played poorly" lynch we have right now.

Also we have no reason to punish lurkers with lynches since the mod has promised us that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yeah basically. This is the most hand in the air and shrug "guess the dude played poorly" lynch we have right now.

Also we have no reason to punish lurkers with lynches since the mod has promised us that anyway.

In what way? The dude hopped on a bandwagon vote with an awkward comment and then completely vanished once he came under fire. You are definitely overthinking this.

I am so confused by the attempt to paint the Hiipfire votes as "OMGUS." That's not what this is at all.

There's zero indication that Hiipfire is going to get modkilled. Punt's instructions seem to indicate, at best, we can expect Hiipfire will end up Hated. Regardless, that's a goony way to play the game. I want to kill scum, the mod isn't going to do that for us.

• Locked thread