Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I notice you're not naming any names. I assume that "Svenne" isn't the embezzler? So is he in the right or the wrong? I don't really care I'm just curious because I'm a big procrastinator who wants to delay looking at these register docs for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

MrLonghair posted:

The insider summary is that the arranger didn't want to come clean about embezzlement or present any bank drafts (I've seen the numbers, he can get nailed with jailtime) and then he changed his mind 120% about what he wanted to do with ESA and took passwords, accounts, money, equipment and ran off with four others with everything ESA.

Which is another 120% change of mind of his and I've spoken to him a bunch, to have it completely independent from Ludendi. All after he started getting questions and asked to present the papers so the math that didn't work out could be checked out.

Which person is the arranger again?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I notice you're not naming any names. I assume that "Svenne" isn't the embezzler? So is he in the right or the wrong? I don't really care I'm just curious because I'm a big procrastinator who wants to delay looking at these register docs for another day.

Svenne is the one getting hit with poo poo and in the right.

Yukari posted:

Which person is the arranger again?

Edenal is the arranger. Something got into his head hard about making complete 180 about what he wanted to do with ESA, he was ready to make this one the last he worked on, I've got Skypelogs.

It's dumb loving drama that could have been taken care of better, Ludendi will be painted with ugly colours.

e: but then again I like the Swedes of Speed name and idea more than ESA. Easier and cheaper to arrange a Swede/Scandi/WhoeverComes small cool event.

e: not 100% sure what Ludendi had about what they wanted to do with ESA though, speaking of internal knowledge. I don't trust what's pastebinned.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 3, 2014

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Alabaster White posted:

poo poo, this is the kind of run I've always wanted :swoon:

Dude also runs SH2 10-Star if you're willing to dig through his video archives a bit and I think he did do a small bit of SH1 10-star waaaay the gently caress back when but that never really took off because both of us were too busy whooping the poo poo out of any%.

10-star is kinda cool but he is basically the only person who runs it and definitely the only person who routes it, I'd like to say I'd want more people to do it so it can get really optimised but I don't do it because it looks too drat frustrating for me so I'm part of the problem :blush:

Eonwe posted:

Honestly, I know it annoys people that I'm into drama here, but if people didn't do poo poo like that, I'd be all about the speedruns. I know it isn't unique to the speedrunning game community, but its still amazing that we get all this bullshit out of a group of people affiliated because they like to play video games in a quick fashion

It's not really that amazing, speedrunners are still people and people perform all sorts of stupid poo poo. It ain't a great surprise that these people who are known for an activity that isn't renowned for developing social prowess occasionally do stupid poo poo.

for the record, it doesn't necessarily annoy me personally that you're into drama. Drama is fun, this new ESA drama is something to look out for because of its actual relevance, the cucking thing was funny at the time. What does slightly irk me is the fact it's still one of the more prevalent thread topics despite it having been months since it actually happened, dude hosed someone else's wife, we know. It has lost its lustre, presumably much like the cuck's marriage.

i know i'm probably just going to get mocked for even posting this at all but w/e I'm a speedrunner I don't loving need social awareness

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 3, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't mock you. But honestly - it is a little surprising to me that this stuff happens. The cuck thing only gets brought up because its honestly one of the weirdest loving stories ever. I think the reason I find it so fascinating is that there are all these speedrunners there to raise money for a really awesome cause, and yet people are there loving each others wives and not showering to the point of needing to be febreezed. Also that one guy that ran Kirby (I think?) one GDQ and he was obviously drunk and then got kicked out for trying to grope some married girl.

I'll let it go, I just wanted to explain why I find it pretty interesting.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 3, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's cool and not worthy of mocking to care about threads and how good they are, even if I found the awesome train run quick thing really funny at the time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also Ricter & PJ doing the battleblock thing has been really fun lately.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Someone asked about fun co-op runs. My favorite co-op run ever was when Mike89 and Werster were doing Sonic 3 and Knuckles on mike89sda twitch account. Dunno if any of those still exist.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Just finding a fresh game and speedrunning is really fun. A strong driving force pushing me to getting Yakuza Ishin run and up on SDA is that the Yakuza 3 run on there is obscenely-rear end-poo poo. It's not only a NewGame+ with the best gun in the game, it's also a bad run.

Which NG+ speedruns make for a better/more interesting/entertaining watch?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

MrLonghair posted:

Svenne is the one getting hit with poo poo and in the right.
If Svenne indeed was the one who drunkenly destroyed a toilet at Nyeport during ESA and refused to take any sort of responsibility (I saw the toilet in question and good loving god anyone who does anything of the sort should be rightfully banned from the venue, as he also was), and additionally refused to communicate in English during a Skype discussion about ESA that he very well knew were to include people not speaking Swedish, I'm not going to consider him being "in the right".

At the moment, I'm keeping myself neutral beyond that. But if what you say is accurate as well, what I want from all sides right now is complete transparency.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

KennyMan666 posted:

If Svenne indeed was the one who drunkenly destroyed a toilet at Nyeport during ESA and refused to take any sort of responsibility (I saw the toilet in question and good loving god anyone who does anything of the sort should be rightfully banned from the venue, as he also was), and additionally refused to communicate in English during a Skype discussion about ESA that he very well knew were to include people not speaking Swedish, I'm not going to consider him being "in the right".

In this affair he's in the right, dog knows about his conduct though. But those he's more in need of management than an .nl runner who was rejected due to need of management. Jesus christ.

e: I'll correct my posts if I find I'm wrong about anything of course. Was sick but still listened in on the conference call trying to get info out of E and discuss the future of ESA

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 3, 2014

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

MrLonghair posted:

Just finding a fresh game and speedrunning is really fun. A strong driving force pushing me to getting Yakuza Ishin run and up on SDA is that the Yakuza 3 run on there is obscenely-rear end-poo poo. It's not only a NewGame+ with the best gun in the game, it's also a bad run.

Which NG+ speedruns make for a better/more interesting/entertaining watch?

God Hand hard-mode NG+ probably trims like 20 minutes off of the early game without neutering the difficulty.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It sounds like Edenal is in the wrong in how he did things, but if the alternate is Svenne being in charge, given everything I've heard about what Svenne has done (not just with the toilet), I'm not sure which outcome is best for ESA.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

CVagts posted:

It sounds like Edenal is in the wrong in how he did things, but if the alternate is Svenne being in charge, given everything I've heard about what Svenne has done (not just with the toilet), I'm not sure which outcome is best for ESA.

what did he do with a toilet?

can someone link the other speedrun thread again? i forgot to bookmark it when it showed up the other week and don't know what subforum it is.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Baram posted:

Anger management issues. He's a padtosser, padbreaker and a screamer, I'd have him in charge of cleanup and getting his runs practiced, nothing more :v:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody should just post about whatever they want. If it relates to speedrunning in any way whatsoever it belongs in this thread. It's not like this is some megathread with hundreds of replies everyday; it's pretty easy to scroll past poo poo you don't like. Truly, the most annoying thing is posts like this one telling people what they should or shouldn't post so here's some real content:

A Month-Long Race to See Who Can Finish 21 Final Fantasy Games First

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I hate to be that guy but I hope the keep tabs on their health, eat and sleep right, holy poo poo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

timp posted:

If it relates to speedrunning in any way whatsoever it belongs in this thread.

I agree, personal drama shouldn't be in this thread and only stuff actually about games being run should be in it

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:eyepop:

Over 100 votes!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Studio posted:

:eyepop:

Over 100 votes!

nice botpoll

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Baram posted:

can someone link the other speedrun thread again? i forgot to bookmark it when it showed up the other week and don't know what subforum it is.

It's mostly dead now but http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617649&pagenumber=29#lastpost is probably what you're thinking of

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Eonwe posted:

I wouldn't mock you. But honestly - it is a little surprising to me that this stuff happens. The cuck thing only gets brought up because its honestly one of the weirdest loving stories ever. I think the reason I find it so fascinating is that there are all these speedrunners there to raise money for a really awesome cause, and yet people are there loving each others wives and not showering to the point of needing to be febreezed. Also that one guy that ran Kirby (I think?) one GDQ and he was obviously drunk and then got kicked out for trying to grope some married girl.

I'll let it go, I just wanted to explain why I find it pretty interesting.

At the point it's gotten to it's basically a video game convention as much as it is a charity event. I know the people who help organize it and most of the people who have been there since the early days still really see it as a chance to play games and raise money but there are lots of runners who see it as an excuse to party with friends they would otherwise only know online. That's not necessarily a bad thing because the stuff that ends up on stream is still the positive stuff but you end up with weird other stories like people loving around and getting drunk.

Plus it's a bunch of nerds at a nerd party. Weird poo poo is bound to happen.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If people were as good with alcohol as I am (only get physical latency) I'd be okay with people being drunk at places like that. As it is now I'd want to run a tri-corder at the door.

Wasn't there also some channer challenging another to a lobby fight at AGDQ complete with surveillance video?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Eonwe posted:

Also that one guy that ran Kirby (I think?) one GDQ and he was obviously drunk and then got kicked out for trying to grope some married girl.

He was kicked out for lots of other reasons too. He punched someone else's NES to create a crooked cart glitch and was generally not acting responsibly.

that 'maried woman' cheated on her husband (who only married her for canadian citizenship) at least once during the event and it's alleged to be many more.

MrLonghair posted:

If people were as good with alcohol as I am (only get physical latency) I'd be okay with people being drunk at places like that. As it is now I'd want to run a tri-corder at the door.

Wasn't there also some channer challenging another to a lobby fight at AGDQ complete with surveillance video?

if its the one I'm thinking of those are both good friends who were play fighting

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SeXReX posted:

that 'maried woman' cheated on her husband (who only married her for canadian citizenship) at least once during the event and it's alleged to be many more.

Yes but that still doesn't give someone permission to grope her.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Studio posted:

Yes but that still doesn't give someone permission to grope her.

True, and 'tried to grope' is a little misleading. I read that and picture him sneaking into her room while she's asleep or something. He smacked her rear end.

Not condoning it or anything but if we're going to talk about rumors lets get the facts straight.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can the thread title be changed to: People in the speedrunning community are loving weird, folks.

Timely pun alternatively: People in the speedrunning community are loving weird people :laugh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeXReX posted:

True, and 'tried to grope' is a little misleading. I read that and picture him sneaking into her room while she's asleep or something. He smacked her rear end.

Not condoning it or anything but if we're going to talk about rumors lets get the facts straight.

still pretty gropey, but thanks for clarifying

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lately I think my three favorite speedrunners to watch are themexicanrunner, chrism, and zfr

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Isn't TMR still doing that NESMANIA thing? or did he finish it?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Dizz posted:

He hasn't stopped doing Nesmania, but he hasn't been doing it lately. It will take him years to finish it most likely.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dizz posted:

He's still doing but is currently on CV4 to get in shape for the big race at AGDQ, he's also gonna be racing DK28 at Contra so he's also playing that one occasionally and his mother is not well due to liver issues he's been streaming sporadically.

He's doing good progress on the NESmania thing, I think he's at a 147, I still can't believe he beat Ikari Warriors with the ABBA code.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I've watched some of the runs Cosmo does post-commentary and I like them a lot more than just watching a Twitch stream. Do any other runners do that kind of thing?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SeXReX posted:

He was kicked out for lots of other reasons too. He punched someone else's NES to create a crooked cart glitch and was generally not acting responsibly.

Didn't he say human being or some other slur during his Kirby run as well? I thought that was the main reason he got canned.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Tracula posted:

Didn't he say human being or some other slur during his Kirby run as well? I thought that was the main reason he got canned.

I don't remember human being but he said gently caress a few times and called some boss a bitch. There was also a lot of sentiment among the people who were just there hanging out that he was going too hard. People tried cutting him off at some points and he'd always just go somewhere else.

this is depressing let's talk about the 'texan' chick who read beat poetry, begged Naegleria to let her stay and tried to steal KirkQ's bag.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SeXReX posted:

this is depressing let's talk about the 'texan' chick who read beat poetry, begged Naegleria to let her stay and tried to steal KirkQ's bag.

I have never heard of this and I'm infinitely :allears: right now. Spill it!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

PJ is streaming Bionic Commando Rearmed: http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare

In other news, Blasto: http://www.twitch.tv/saintconnor

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai

Tracula posted:

He wasn't banned for any specific reason, because there was a lot of reasons. Although I'm sure him being very drunk almost the entire time he was at the event probably played a big part in the other things that happened.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

I hate to be that guy but I hope the keep tabs on their health, eat and sleep right, holy poo poo.

The thing I'm most concerned about is the mental damage incurred by having to play Dirge of Cerberus and not being able to skip cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Crotch Bat posted:

I have never heard of this and I'm infinitely :allears: right now. Spill it!

Well I came into the casual room in the middle of the beat poetry. Soon after hotel staff showed up and asked for her badge. This was when she begged everyone to let her stay. As she was leaving the room right after this she grabbed KirkQ's bag. Of course this was directly in front of him so he just said no and took it back.

Later that night a bunch of people were in a private hotel room watching the house of the dead and other poo poo movies. Someone was coming back into the room and as the door was closing she just kinda stumbled in. I say stumbled quite literally, she nearly took out the floor lamp and the tv in the room before people physically removed her from the room. This was when she uttered the "It's ok, I'm texan" line.

I think naegleria told me she asked him if her tits looked real.

They didn't.

• Locked thread