Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Alien Arcana posted:

It's especially grating with Talia because it doesn't even have the fig leaf of "fitting her character." Like, sure, Catwoman's a shameless flirt, Poison Ivy uses sex appeal as a weapon, and Harley Quinn is just nuts; it's still the writers' fault for emphasizing those traits, but at least it makes sense in-universe. What's Talia's excuse? I don't actually know much about her outside this game, but she comes across as competent and reasonably sane. Did she hear Bruce was coming and decide to vamp it up?

Sure, she comes across as reasonably sane.

After the first test tube baby she made without Bruce's consent went over to the good guy side to fight crime, she made a second one.

The second one was gestated in the body of a whale. So, sure. Reasonably.

Kal-L posted:

Also, dscruffy1, with that latest accidental death you've gone from Dick Grayson Batman to Jean Paul Valley Batman. Just make sure you don't go all the way down to Bane Batman. :v:

This game is harder than I make it look sometimes :(

I would just cut the stuff out but people might want to see death interludes or something, or reminders that IT'S STILL HARD MODE. Besides getting punched in the face repeatedly.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

dscruffy1 posted:

After the first test tube baby she made without Bruce's consent went over to the good guy side to fight crime, she made a second one.

Talia's insanity is so great. She's kind of the perfect foil for Batman. She loves his batdick so much it drove her batshit. Of course, Ra's hates the whole arrangement too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Talia's insanity is so great. She's kind of the perfect foil for Batman. She loves his batdick so much it drove her batshit.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm sorry...

What?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
No mere human placenta can handle more than one child of Batman's.

e: I haven't seen it mentioned, but one of the the things I seriously love about the predator sections in this game is that it gives you a variation bonus for experiences, so I have a lot of fun trying to take down all the thugs in as many different ways as possible. It doesn't feel right unless I take out thugs in at least three or four different ways.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 4, 2014

TurboJ9000
Nov 4, 2012

Talia's costume is bad, no question, but why is she walking that way? Did she injure her feet? Her legs? Is it supposed to be sexy? Talia's walk should be confident, strong. Like a lioness.

Maybe the pants are just too tight . . .

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
With headphones on you can hear the leather :gonk:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Major_JF posted:

With headphones on you can hear the leather :gonk:

Very practical for an assassin, that.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Kazeite posted:

Also, the second part of Ace Chemicals Infiltration Trailer has been released.

... I must say, the more I look at Batmobile blowing up those tanks, the more... wrong it feels to me. It's like this Batmobile was built specifically to fight those things (which it kinda did, from certain point of view :)), but Batman had no way of knowing he's gonna need such heavily armed vehicle - he's good, but not that good.

No, he really is that good, being prepared for any situation is for all intents and purposes his superpower. You are talking about a guy who has shark, barracuda, whale, and manta ray repellant sprays in the cabin of his batcopter, just in case.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
not sure why people are annoyed at the batmobile having guns when it has had guns and missiles and other poo poo in almost all of the movies and frequently elsewhere it has appeared

arkham knight features the batmobile prominently, they need poo poo for you to do in it, drones and unmanned vehicles are a big deal right now in popular media/culture/politics so hey blow up some robotanks and poo poo with it. That's it who cares

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ManlyGrunting posted:

No mere human placenta can handle more than one child of Batman's.

e: I haven't seen it mentioned, but one of the the things I seriously love about the predator sections in this game is that it gives you a variation bonus for experiences, so I have a lot of fun trying to take down all the thugs in as many different ways as possible. It doesn't feel right unless I take out thugs in at least three or four different ways.

From what I can read online it boils down to "Morrison was projecting his own family issues onto the batfamily". Which is kind of doubly sad.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Kurieg posted:

From what I can read online it boils down to "Morrison was projecting his own family issues onto the batfamily". Which is kind of doubly sad.

To be fair, the last time he did that was in the Invisibles, and it apparently lead to him solving his blue balls problem.

I don't recall there being an appeal to folks wanking it to a sigil of the bat-signal though.

Janderbuilt
Mar 7, 2008

WoOt

dscruffy1 posted:

My work schedule is all janky this week but luckily I've recorded some stuff in advance. Like this!

On The Trail of The Demon/Polsy - Interview tape: Penguin 4

Character bios: Killer Croc, Talia Al Ghul

Arkham City Stories: A Killer In The Sewers, Wonder City (2), Wonder City (3)

In that first fight in old Gotham you can knock every thug off the side into the water with remote batarang boosts eventually. Not the best way to deal with them but it's a hoot. I suppose unconscious and underwater are an unfortunate combination of circumstances but I'm sure those guys will be alright.

I went through this game twice and never tried to disable the helicopters. :doh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Those helicopters have poo poo aim anyway. I glided away from one in a straight line and it hit everything except me. :v:

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

TurboJ9000 posted:

Talia's costume is bad, no question, but why is she walking that way? Did she injure her feet? Her legs? Is it supposed to be sexy? Talia's walk should be confident, strong. Like a lioness.

Maybe the pants are just too tight . . .

That's actually the first thought that came to me as they were walking down the stairs... "I don't think legs work that way!"

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

dscruffy1 posted:

I should have realized sanity is in short supply in Gotham.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alien Arcana posted:

I should have realized sanity is in short supply in Gotham.

Really you're pretty slow to not pick it up by now.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

dscruffy1 posted:

This game is harder than I make it look sometimes :(

I would just cut the stuff out but people might want to see death interludes or something, or reminders that IT'S STILL HARD MODE. Besides getting punched in the face repeatedly.

No excuses. If you want to be the Batman, you gotta be the best at everything. INCLUDING videogames of all kinds. :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Batman: SJW City. Sigh.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Super Dictionary should have its own series of comics.

The Super Dictionary Tumblr is fantastic. Including pointing out that all the original characters they created for the dictionary really deserve to be canon.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

mikemil828 posted:

No, he really is that good, being prepared for any situation is for all intents and purposes his superpower. You are talking about a guy who has shark, barracuda, whale, and manta ray repellant sprays in the cabin of his batcopter, just in case.
I have no idea whether this is canon or what but... aren't manta rays completely harmless?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

anilEhilated posted:

I have no idea whether this is canon or what but... aren't manta rays completely harmless?

Batman is ALWAYS prepared. :colbert:

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012

Fabricated posted:

not sure why people are annoyed at the batmobile having guns when it has had guns and missiles and other poo poo in almost all of the movies and frequently elsewhere it has appeared
Yes, but in the movies 1. Batman actually kills people, and 2. it's more subdued, so it's not that jarring.

quote:

arkham knight features the batmobile prominently, they need poo poo for you to do in it, drones and unmanned vehicles are a big deal right now in popular media/culture/politics so hey blow up some robotanks and poo poo with it. That's it who cares
I do! And my opinion matters! I'm on the internet, you know! :colbert:

But seriously, like I said, all things considered, I can kinda see Batman having Urban Warfare Batmobile prepared just in case - it's just, compared to the previous games, it's seems a little out of place. That's it.

Now, Talia. I suppose they gave her this outfit because her default getup looks like she stole it from the Catwoman :) But still, yeah, I agree - it's pretty bad.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just hope those are unmanned. Or is Arkham Knight Batman taking the same approach to killing people that Kira Yamoto is "Nobody should die, except battleships, because gently caress YOU if you climb into a battleship."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Janderbuilt posted:

In that first fight in old Gotham you can knock every thug off the side into the water with remote batarang boosts eventually. Not the best way to deal with them but it's a hoot. I suppose unconscious and underwater are an unfortunate combination of circumstances but I'm sure those guys will be alright.
It's cartoon logic where if you want someone to survive a fall just have them land in water!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Onmi posted:

I just hope those are unmanned. Or is Arkham Knight Batman taking the same approach to killing people that Kira Yamoto is "Nobody should die, except battleships, because gently caress YOU if you climb into a battleship."

They're drones.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

My work schedule is all janky this week but luckily I've recorded some stuff in advance. Like this!

Love those thugs who gives the other thug poo poo for not paying attention in school.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kazeite posted:

Now, Talia. I suppose they gave her this outfit because her default getup looks like she stole it from the Catwoman :) But still, yeah, I agree - it's pretty bad.
Eh, not really. Most of the time she's depicted wearing a variant of this:

dscruffy1 posted:

Love those thugs who gives the other thug poo poo for not paying attention in school.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I presume Talia visited Elektra's wardrobe? At least leather trousers and jacket is more practical, but it's general trend of Bats in other media.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

anilEhilated posted:

Steve Irwin might beg to differ over that.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Judge Tesla posted:

Steve Irwin might beg to differ over that.
And he'd be wrong, seeing as he got offed by a stingray. They're poisonous, mantas aren't.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

anilEhilated posted:

And he'd be wrong, seeing as he got offed by a stingray. They're poisonous, mantas aren't.

He wasn't killed by the poison. The sting pierced his heart and he bled to death.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dammit.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 5, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, seeing as no one else mentioned it so far:

All those strung up bodies at the entrance of Wonder City were the Lunatics and High Secuity Henchmen from the first game.

Now you know why you haven't been encountering them in-game!

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah...I never noticed the ghost comment about owls. So rubik and the ghost both say owls creep them out. I don't really get it, though. Other than that, the owls aren't shown in a bad light. In the starter town there are pictures of them on someones wall and we see them in a few other spots.

drat you! I thought you were going to do the skull puzzle!!

First time through the graveyard I hated that place. The constant thunder and lightning was really loving creepy and unsettling.

Oh no, Gotham's madness is seeping into the thread!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

my dad posted:

He wasn't killed by the poison. The sting pierced his heart and he bled to death.

Manta rays don't have stingers, regardless. They are, in fact, completely harmless.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This derail is why :thesperg: exists.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

CuwiKhons posted:

Manta rays don't have stingers, regardless. They are, in fact, completely harmless.

Yes.

LoonShia posted:

This derail is why :thesperg: exists.

No.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata