Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I liked that fried egg challenge last week, where they could only use the number of ingredients based on how many perfect eggs they cooked. I'd like to see them do that with grownup version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Ramsay Megathread: "Your death had meaning."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dude thinks he's on Chopped.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

quote:

"Sounds too weird."
"Was this a mistake?"
"I don't get it."

Best dish of the night coming up.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Man, Sterling was pretty much the only reason to watch this season. His bit with the coconuts tonight made me realize he was on the winning side in far too man challenges. Watching him annoy the hell out of his team mates by actually having fun during the punishments was the best.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

edit: This is a good article about Junior MasterChef US (S2). I feel real weird saying that while linking a buzzfeed original, but hey.

Buzzfeed aside, that was a great read.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

J-Spot posted:

Man, Sterling was pretty much the only reason to watch this season. His bit with the coconuts tonight made me realize he was on the winning side in far too man challenges. Watching him annoy the hell out of his team mates by actually having fun during the punishments was the best.

We're certainly at that point where the boring, if not capable contestants are left. That's pretty much black jackets at this point.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

OmegaBR posted:

We're certainly at that point where the boring, if not capable contestants are left. That's pretty much black jackets at this point.

If the finale isn't Jen vs Tasha I will be very surprised. Of course I always say some variation on this every season and am nearly always wrong so go Ro vs Bryant

Rest in Hundred, Sterling. You had the most graceful, beautiful exit in this show's history and are the head chef of my heart.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

So, The Taste happened for a third go around and I remembered why I watch this crap and it's caled Nigella's boobs. They sped through the qualifiers tonight and condensed it into only 2 hours versus a 3 week ordeal.

Chef Joe was a former contestant on Big Brother a few years back where he did next to nothing but get this... cook. This wasn't revealed but I recognized him immediately. I think he's on Team Samuel.

Nigella's team is once again made up of women and all ready suffered a first boot per usual.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

If the finale isn't Jen vs Tasha I will be very surprised. Of course I always say some variation on this every season and am nearly always wrong so go Ro vs Bryant

Rest in Hundred, Sterling. You had the most graceful, beautiful exit in this show's history and are the head chef of my heart.

I'm calling Tasha and Santos with Tasha winning it.

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
It looks like Bravo is doing a version of Ramsay's Best Restaurant with Tom Colicchio. Ramsay didn't appear on the commercial, aside from his name popping up as the executive producer along with Tom.

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/best-new-restaurant-premieres-in-january

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sober posted:

So likely it could be eventually better than current DW.

Well current DW is pretty bad, so hopefully it doesn't take long to get over that bar.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Scott808 posted:

It looks like Bravo is doing a version of Ramsay's Best Restaurant with Tom Colicchio. Ramsay didn't appear on the commercial, aside from his name popping up as the executive producer along with Tom.

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/best-new-restaurant-premieres-in-january

That was a great show, especially the parts where Ramsay sat down with the owners and showed the footage of the secret diners. The one Thai restaurant where the diner complained about the wine being poo poo and not wanting to pay, and the floor staff threatened to call the police was hilarious. You could see how incredibly embarrassed and ashamed the owner was that his staff did that.

Plus, the outcome was pretty great, it came down to a small scale vegetarian Indian restaurant versus a future Michelin star winner and even though the Indian restaurant lost they became super famous and were able to expand and improve their profile.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10054383.Top_curry_restaurant_moves_out_of_Bradford_to_bigger_site/

quote:

The multi-award winning Prashad restaurant will next month be leaving its Bradford home of the last 22 years, in Horton Grange Road, and opening its new bigger restaurant in Whitehall Road, Drighlington.

The vegetarian restaurant, which shot to fame when it was runner-up in Gordon Ramsay’s 2010 television programme Ramsay’s Best Restaurant, has spent the last two years searching for bigger premises after being forced to turn away up to 30 guests each Friday and Saturday night.

Prashad operations director Bobby Patel said the restaurant had initially been looking to relocate to the Shipley or Saltaire area, but was unable to strike a deal on the right premises.

After seeing so many Ramsay shows with lovely restaurants being run by idiots, its a huge joy to see a restaurant run by smart people who know exactly what they are doing continue to succeed and just sky rocketing to success,

pentyne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 8, 2014

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Also the family at the Indian restaurant was adorable, as was Bee, the head chef of the smaller Thai place that beat that lovely huge one with the raw chicken pieces.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I figured out why I don't like Logan:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I don't see anyone but Tasha winning- Sade I guess would be the best dark horse pick? I'd say Santos but imo he's too much like Scott from last season in the squeaky voice/clean cut/overly earnest way. Just without his team constantly dumping on him.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Actually I forgot Dave and Danny were so similar I can't remember which was on which season, so Santos has a shot. Not seeing Roe/Bryant/Jen whatsoever though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

pentyne posted:

That was a great show, especially the parts where Ramsay sat down with the owners and showed the footage of the secret diners. The one Thai restaurant where the diner complained about the wine being poo poo and not wanting to pay, and the floor staff threatened to call the police was hilarious. You could see how incredibly embarrassed and ashamed the owner was that his staff did that.

Plus, the outcome was pretty great, it came down to a small scale vegetarian Indian restaurant versus a future Michelin star winner and even though the Indian restaurant lost they became super famous and were able to expand and improve their profile.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10054383.Top_curry_restaurant_moves_out_of_Bradford_to_bigger_site/

Is this still on Netflix? I highly recommend it. Kind of an opposite to Kitchen Nightmares, incredibly genuine and charming.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I could watch Gordon cut fish all day.

Edit: Can I get the Samsung fridge at Walmart?

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 10, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Go Logan!

But I'm feeling good about my Samuel prediction a month ago: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610689&userid=72262&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post437254049

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
None of what worked about MCJr S1 is working this season. Like at all.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Agreed. Honestly these are the two that I cared the least about and I don't give a poo poo which one wins. Knew Samuel was going to be in the final two from the first ep but Logan was outa nowhere and didn't belong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Yeah, they've botched this season. Nothing about it works, and they aren't engaging the kids at the same level. Also, neither of the 2 finalists had near the amount of personality the last season did, and even though the 8 year old lasted the same amount of time as the loud outspoken blond from last season she has none of the energy or personality.

I think it comes down to that the first season was mostly luck. This time the producers botched the casting and didn't get anywhere near the same dynamic between the cooks. Also, they didn't do any major pressure tests like doing a restaurant challenge and most of the regular challenges have been "do this simple task in a time limit".

I can remember some of the names from season 1 because they really stuck out. Sarah was an extremely boisterous aggressive 8 year old fighting for her shot at the trophy and really stood out. Troy was an rear end in a top hat/anti-hero who threw his team under the bus and couldn't cut it at the end despite being really good up to a point, and Alexander was the definition of professional chef even from the start, and aside from botching a layer cake nailed everything he did. I barely even remember the other semifinalist girl because she never really made her mark the same way.

Also, Hawaiian Jack had more personalty in his shirts then the entire top 8 of this season did in every second of their screen time. Rather then another boring season of kids cooking bring him back in a competition against adult amateurs trying to be chefs and he'll award them with a Hawiian shirt if they make the cut.

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.
I don't know why they rushed it. There's no reason to blow through this season of MCJr. We barely got to know the kids, the challenges didn't give room for anyone to shine and the eliminations were arbitrary. Yes, it's hard on the kids to do a full season, but if that's a problem, I'd rather just not have ANY show than have a half-assed one.

I have to wonder what the producers think we want to see out of a show like this. It's like cutting the auditions from regular MC. The whole purpose of the auditions is to let the viewers "meet" the contestants individually and then let them start to pick favorites. Now it's right into "Welcome to Master Chef! We're about to send half of you fuckers home! Good luck!"

I think I'm done. MC used to be my favorite, but after this past season's Courtney shitshow and MCJr's complete apathetic approach, I can't do any more. I'll stick to MC Australia.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I think they blow through it simply because it's awkward working with kids. Gordon seems like he's getting increasingly frustrated with them when they do something wrong and he has to kinda hold back and put it in gentler terms.

But who knows. A challenge against Gordon's team? Isn't that sort of unfair considering Gordon has to approve all their efforts?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Glamping?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

"You'll be cooking lunch for these amazing glampers."

I never expected to hear this sentence in my life and was not prepared for it. I literally fell over laughing.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
La Tasha can't deal with how incredibly white this is.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
They needed to make a 2-hour block of two better episodes. That or I'm glad they got them out of the way. This season is rapidly petering out, especially with Bryant no longer being a sneering cartoon villain. Though with Roe gone it'll maybe be interesting to see who Jen hates next since the last month or so like every talking head she did was about her vendetta against Roe.

Tasteful Bulge posted:

We barely got to know the kids, the challenges didn't give room for anyone to shine and the eliminations were arbitrary.
Nailed it. This is everything that is wrong with S2. Every ep feels like it's maybe 20 minutes long but unlike breezy, easy to watch shows I'm mostly wondering if I missed something that explains why the two kids went home. The only contestants with distinct personalities are Samuel (who for a little kid is way too much of an unlikeable shithead) and like 3 of the kids who already went home (Anna, Oona, and the kid with the really good hair).

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Glamping is retarded.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

They needed to make a 2-hour block of two better episodes. That or I'm glad they got them out of the way. This season is rapidly petering out, especially with Bryant no longer being a sneering cartoon villain. Though with Roe gone it'll maybe be interesting to see who Jen hates next since the last month or so like every talking head she did was about her vendetta against Roe.

Nailed it. This is everything that is wrong with S2. Every ep feels like it's maybe 20 minutes long but unlike breezy, easy to watch shows I'm mostly wondering if I missed something that explains why the two kids went home. The only contestants with distinct personalities are Samuel (who for a little kid is way too much of an unlikeable shithead) and like 3 of the kids who already went home (Anna, Oona, and the kid with the really good hair).

Other than Alexander and the screaming blonde girl, I can't remember a single one of the kids from Season 1.

And I loved the Andi and James cutaways during service last night, but holy poo poo they should have gotten Gordon to do one.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Propaganda Machine posted:

Is this still on Netflix? I highly recommend it. Kind of an opposite to Kitchen Nightmares, incredibly genuine and charming.

It is still on Netflix, burning through it now. Would love to see an American version. More so if it featured Gordon Ramsey being a nice guy. Fox seems to have missed how likable he is as a nice guy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It is still on Netflix, burning through it now. Would love to see an American version. More so if it featured Gordon Ramsey being a nice guy. Fox seems to have missed how likable he is as a nice guy

I'd love to be in on that meeting when the Fox people told Ramsay "Well, we've seen your UK shows, but we want you to be a raging angry rear end in a top hat at people all the time" and when he declined they responded with "Fine, $10 million. Not enough? How about $15m?" until he agreed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Finale right now.

And it looks like we get another season of Junior in January.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I just want to slap the smug out of Samuel. Such an irritating child.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
I could care less about these two, but I don't want Samuel to win almost out of spite haha.

Edit: Oh thank christ.

Kodilynn fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 17, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Good for him.

"It's not about winning. It's about making friends for life."

That's why Jr. is the best version.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 17, 2014

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Can't say I have strong feelings about the Masterchef Junior results. I kind of stopped caring once Oona was kicked off, but at least this version of MC doesn't feel completely stacked in favor of the most telegenic contestants.

I did not realize they had another season ready for January. I guess with Fox's new shows pretty much DOA this season they had some slots to fill. Hopefully HK at least gets a break.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I guess Hell's Kitchen no longer has the budget to fly in the contestants' families.

Welp, never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
This season of Hell's Kitchen is almost over. For once, I hope not to see it for another six months.

J-Spot posted:

I guess Hell's Kitchen no longer has the budget to fly in the contestants' families.

Or so you thought.