Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Tomn posted:

Wheeeelp, looks like soup-straining had a point! Gee, who would have thought that waxing mean ol' Mr. Miyagi's car had practical applications?

1. A. Though I want to ask Ishamal, Will deepening the well cause any other effects?

2. H, if they want it. Literally what I've been advocating for a while now. Sustainable emancipation!

3. N, if they want it. Ditto.

4. S: Pay the slaves a wage slightly below market average. When they've accumulated as much silver as they cost, free them. Convince Lefkandi that we will renew the deal when they are free by using the money to buy new slaves to offer the same deal. Seriously, this allows us to free slaves and KEEP freeing slaves at a rate that still brings in a moderate profit. Lefkandi's happy, he still has his clay diggers and his terms haven't changed, the slaves are happy, the slaves we buy and free in the future will be happy, and all is well with the world. Do it!

5. Y: Ask her to teach one of our servants how to cook as well as she does, and promise her that when this is done, we will free her and pay her way back to Baitel. Gives her a goal to work towards, lets us keep the food, and teaches a new servant valuable and interesting new skills. Goodo all around!

6. Abstain for now. Oooh, this one is interesting. Ask Ishamal what he thinks about I or J. If he thinks we may be able to get away with it, drop a private word in Zeb's ear about the same. If both are chill with it, move on to Tudiya.

+1 for Plan Tomn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Edited voted and changed.

OfChristandMen fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 5, 2014

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. As to Ishamal's request...
A.
Agree.

2. As to your household slaves....
H.
Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

4. As to your nine cattle workers...
N.
Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

5. As to the two slaves digging clay for Lefkandi...
R.
Free them, work something out with Lefkandi.

6. As to your cook, Sabium...
X.
W., AND pay her years of back wages

7. Do you wish to send a message, along freeing your slaves?
F.
I let it be known that I oppose hereditary slavery, but not debt slavery.

Edit: Changed votes in later post

Aades fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 5, 2014

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Diog|Cell: Someone please post no answers for 4 hours min, busy, sorry

Answers will come soonish.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
reposting for new page:

Tomn posted:

5. Y: Ask her to teach one of our servants how to cook as well as she does, and promise her that when this is done, we will free her and pay her way back to Baitel. Gives her a goal to work towards, lets us keep the food, and teaches a new servant valuable and interesting new skills. Goodo all around!

Diogines posted:

She has taught as much of her skills as she can to your other household slaves but the woman apparently has immense natural talent for cooking and what she makes is just better. You paid top dollar silver for an amazing cook and have one.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

HiHo ChiRho posted:

A. Agree.

F. Keep them as slaves.

3. As to your nine cattle workers...
K. Keep them as slaves.

3. As to the two slaves digging clay for Lefkandi...
Q. Do nothing.

4. As to your cook, Sabium...
T. Do nothing.

This

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Tomn posted:

Wheeeelp, looks like soup-straining had a point! Gee, who would have thought that waxing mean ol' Mr. Miyagi's car had practical applications?

1. A. Though I want to ask Ishamal, Will deepening the well cause any other effects?

2. H, if they want it. Literally what I've been advocating for a while now. Sustainable emancipation!

4. S: Pay the slaves a wage slightly below market average. When they've accumulated as much silver as they cost, free them. Convince Lefkandi that we will renew the deal when they are free by using the money to buy new slaves to offer the same deal. Seriously, this allows us to free slaves and KEEP freeing slaves at a rate that still brings in a moderate profit. Lefkandi's happy, he still has his clay diggers and his terms haven't changed, the slaves are happy, the slaves we buy and free in the future will be happy, and all is well with the world. Do it!

6. Abstain for now. Oooh, this one is interesting. Ask Ishamal what he thinks about I or J. If he thinks we may be able to get away with it, drop a private word in Zeb's ear about the same. If both are chill with it, move on to Tudiya.

Makes sense to me. +1 Tomn
Also I think you just answered your own question from before. How will we deal with slavery? Capitalism!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
1.A

2-4. Pay them standard, market wages. If they want to buy their freedom, let them. If they waste their money, let them be.

5.Y, Arrange a 'Top Chef' competition so that our slave can find a person who has the same natural talent for cooking. When she does, hire them, train them, and when they are as good or better, free her and send her to Baitel with a portion of her back wages.

6. Don't say a thing. Lead by example.

ShotgunWillie fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 4, 2014

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

1. A
2. H
3. N
4. S. Take part of the profit we get from him, pay them more, let them buy their freedom.
5. W.
6. A.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
A. Agree.
B. Ask him to "empty the extra water from your well", expending [???] instead of saving it.
C. Insist on learning more control instead. Ishamal says of that "I have been teaching you such for years. You have actually been making good progress at it, but it takes time. You are running into problems now and it will only get worse." Still, insist. You believe you can somehow learn it faster.(**)
D. Refuse.
E. Something else. Fill in.

Ask Ishamal if deepening the well is a natural side effect of actually using [???]

If yes.

E. Something else. We practice our cloaking powers. While draining our [???] and hopefully deepening our well.

if no

A.

H. Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

They are ofcourse welcome to stay on with us as hired servants afterwards.

N. Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

It's a fair deal.

4. As to the two slaves digging clay for Lefkandi...

Stolen from Tomn.

5. As to your cook, Sabium...
Y. Free her and arrange a marriage for her in Baitel. Surprise Baitel trip!

6. Do you wish to send a message, along freeing your slaves?
A. No.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Ouroborus posted:

Edmund Burke did not, correct, but that is beside the point. You were saying we shouldn't try changing stuff at all because our 2014 mindset is still flawed. Which unless I've misunderstood your intent is a logical fallacy.

No, my intent was to ask "How exactly DO you intend to solve this stuff without loving up free will issues something fierce?" Because it's a pretty good illustration of what the Melachim were worried about, I think - we blame the Melachim for not stopping terrible things like that because they're worried it'll mess up their precious free will, but how exactly would WE fix the issue without causing exactly that? Charging in roaring and throwing our metaphysical weight around to solve complex issues out of the best of intentions seems like it would cause exactly the kind of situation that the Melachim fear - thus lending credence to their worries.

Pladdicus posted:

I absolutely do! But I also see the ways in which us not being as strong as we can to face the horrible things that might come to this world might end up horrifying down the line. I worry about Norc armies and the inner-kingdoms, of crazy evil monsters calling themselves gods. I look at Tudiya running away from our old home in fear and I wonder if it has to be that way. I worry that if Ishamal trains us, something will happen before we're ready, where we might have been if we didn't!

I don't reeeally want to turn this into a huge running debate, especially now that the update is over, so I'll make this as short as I can: I worry, too. I worry that if Enkidel were to say that he is the only person who knows what to do to solve the problems of the people, that he alone has the judgment necessary to steer the ship of state, that he alone can be trusted to manage the power required to protect the people, that he alone has the will to do what is necessary, he is taking the first step down a very dark and well-known road paved with the best of intentions and ending only in tears. After all, if we don't trust the judgment of divine beings that see all and know much, why would we ever trust the judgment of merely mortal men who know nothing of our powers? And if nobody's judgment can be trusted, where does that leave us and free will?

Leaving those undertones aside, it's not even necessarily true. We know nothing of what the Melachim are doing in the background, or the fine details of how they calculate the Balance, or even what relationship they have with the demons, or indeed the demons with the running of the world. Seems like "Well, I can't see the invisible god-beings doing anything about the world's problems!" is a pretty flimsy support on which to say "They're not doing anything, gently caress them." It's clear they DO love humanity and DO want to keep it preserved, and the Trio in particular promised Zepa himself they'd look after Zepath - surely they'd be doing SOMETHING if humanity was badly threatened, even if we can't see it?

bonus hole boy posted:

reposting for new page:

Oh, whoops, missed that part of the update.

Changing my 5. vote from Y to Y: W, but tell her that if there's any cooks of her caliber (slaves or free) in Baitel that'd be willing to live in Zepath, let them know about us and us about them by caravan mail/passed on oral messages. We could turn Zepath into a sort of hardship posting - are you a good cook? Spend a few years in the boonies, earn your freedom!

DISREGARD THE ABOVE, I like Ralith's better.

[b] 5. Y: Learn how to cook from the cook, then free her and send her to Baitel.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 4, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
1. A
2-4. HN, Tomn's S
5. Y - Study under her until we are an equally skilled cook, then pay her way back to Baitel.
6. Tomn's 6

e: changed vote for 6

e: changed vote in a future post for 2-4 and 6

Ralith fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 5, 2014

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. A

2. G, free them now.

3. L, free them now.

4. R, freeeeedom.

5. X, freeeeeeedom plus back wages.

6. P, try to convince Tudiya of N (10 year Jubilee via Zepathan superiority)

Goddamn, are you goons seriously so tight fisted you can't just free your slaves? We just made a ton of bank, besides the bunch we already have. drat y'all are cheap.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1: A

2: G

3: L

4: Plan Tomn.

5: Y, as X but arrange a Master Chef contest, hire the winner as a servant and have Sabium train them until the next ride to Baitel leaves from Zepath.

6: Plan Tomn.

Basically, free the slaves we own and pay them wages and backwages for their years of servitude. Convince Lefkandi of Plan Tomn so we can start getting the Emancipation Train rolling without upsetting social order.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Yeah! Plan Top Chef!

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
A. Agree.

H. Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

N. Pay them a wage as if they were servants, they are free when they buy themselves. This will take many years.

4. As to the two slaves digging clay for Lefkandi...
Q. Keep them as slaves.

5. As to your cook, Sabium...
Y. Something else. Fill in.
Pay her as if she was a top notch servant. She can buy her own freedom and passage to Baitel. Dedeuct what she would have been paid in back wages off of her buy-price, if it is unrealistically high. When she is close to buying her freedom, offer to arrange a marriage for her in Baitel or Zepath (where we'd likely have more pull) if she wishes.

6. Do you wish to send a message, along freeing your slaves?
H. Rhetoric Knowledge Bonus! As a former slave, I pin my anti-slavery views on the fact I was once enslaved. I don't bring up El, I base this view on my personal circumstances, rather than claiming special knowledge of the divine or the teachings of Labaras. If I am successful, social elites will be less upset.

Scrapped because Diogenese poo poo all over my vote:

Diogines posted:

I will get to all questions in a few hours when I get home and also ask the Capybaras for a report on your finances.

Two things to add now:
1. Servants dont make much. It will be many years till any could buy themselves. Any variation of plan "emancipation factory" is doomed.
2. Sabium cost you a lot, she is an specially skilled slave. She will never in her life make enough to buy herself, even on a generous servants salary.

More info later, sorry. 3ish hours?

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 4, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ishamal, what are you thoughts on emptying the extra water, so to speak. Could we do this bit by bit over the next little while to keep my strength roughly where it is?

Abstaining on 1. for now

2.H Let a man buy his own freedom.

3.N See above. I'd also settle for a middle ground option.

4.Q Lefkandi's business.

5.Y Start paying her equal to a worker of her wage, when she has enough she can free herself/travel to Baitel, etc. Set this up in a way that doesn't take 8 million years. Maybe a year or so.

6.P "Father. I'm not sure I agree with the 50 year jubilee anymore. It feels like it was created in a time where man lived much longer, longer than they do now and as such, how could it be intended a man might serve his entire life as a slave if he were enslaved shortly after the jubilee? Whether it be by will of El or otherwise, I think we should have a jubilee every ten years or Let no man serve a slave longer than ten years.
and also we've been dealing with Indor

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

FoxTerrier posted:

Goddamn, are you goons seriously so tight fisted you can't just free your slaves? We just made a ton of bank, besides the bunch we already have. drat y'all are cheap.

With S, at least, that poo poo's SUSTAINABLE. It's basically an infinite slave emancipator that requires no further input from us beyond a decrease in profits. Break a man's chains, and you free a single slave. Allow a man to pay back his slave cost, and you free as many slaves as it takes to last out Lefkandi's lifespan - or more, if the squirrely little guy trains an apprentice or two or produces a heir.

With regards to the other slaves, I think going with a wage system makes their emancipation more acceptable to other Zepathans - and thus, more likely to be emulated. If that crazy Enkidel guy just ups and frees all his slaves, well, that's drat pious of him but what, do I look like I'm made of money? But if he pays them a wage instead and frees them over time, weeeell, I guess I might be able to fit that into the budget, and I still get the labor of the slaves for a time and he IS a pretty cool dude - maybe he's on to something.

I'm for freeing the cook outright, though, because I reckon the poor girl's paid her dues and more by this point in sheer shell-shocked nerves.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Just posting to say there are at least a few of us who watch the thread but don't post much. Some of us have been watching from the start. This thread is a daily habit, I read it every morning when I get up. Lurkers love you too, Diog! <3

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Tomn posted:

5. Y: Ask her to teach one of our servants how to cook as well as she does, and promise her that when this is done, we will free her and pay her way back to Baitel. Gives her a goal to work towards, lets us keep the food, and teaches a new servant valuable and interesting new skills. Goodo all around! CHANGED VOTE TO Y: W, but tell her that if there's any cooks of her caliber (slaves or free) in Baitel that'd be willing to live in Zepath, let them know about us and us about them by caravan mail/passed on oral messages. Apparently she can't teach her talents to anybody else.

I AM AN INDECISIVE rear end in a top hat, vote changed to 5. Y: Learn how to cook from the cook, then free her and send her to Baitel.

Tomn knows whats up, +1 vote for this.

Diog proved this plan to be unfeasible, cancel this vote.

Kristopher fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 5, 2014

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
So, it is confirmed, if we hold our breath too long we will become hungerstronk!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

A
HN
S - Pay them a wage.

Peruse the markets and press on our friends for a new, fairly local and talented cook. We know a lot of good merchants, if we really, really look and we abuse all of our contacts, we should be able to find somebody. Pay over the odds if needs be. Get cook-slave to teach them for 6 months while we arrange things, and then:
Y + XW - Send her home with enough money to keep her well, if not rich, and see if we can get a marriage arranged for her.
A - No.

Edit: By wages I mean so they can free themselves in around 5 years.

I love the mighty cook idea, but we can't cook at our own feasts. It just wouldn't work. :(

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 5, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Tomn posted:

I don't reeeally want to turn this into a huge running debate, especially now that the update is over, so I'll make this as short as I can: I worry, too. I worry that if Enkidel were to say that he is the only person who knows what to do to solve the problems of the people, that he alone has the judgment necessary to steer the ship of state, that he alone can be trusted to manage the power required to protect the people, that he alone has the will to do what is necessary, he is taking the first step down a very dark and well-known road paved with the best of intentions and ending only in tears. After all, if we don't trust the judgment of divine beings that see all and know much, why would we ever trust the judgment of merely mortal men who know nothing of our powers? And if nobody's judgment can be trusted, where does that leave us and free will?

Leaving those undertones aside, it's not even necessarily true. We know nothing of what the Melachim are doing in the background, or the fine details of how they calculate the Balance, or even what relationship they have with the demons, or indeed the demons with the running of the world. Seems like "Well, I can't see the invisible god-beings doing anything about the world's problems!" is a pretty flimsy support on which to say "They're not doing anything, gently caress them." It's clear they DO love humanity and DO want to keep it preserved, and the Trio in particular promised Zepa himself they'd look after Zepath - surely they'd be doing SOMETHING if humanity was badly threatened, even if we can't see it?
It's a friendly discussion when you leave out those bullshit accusations of my person ;)

I don't think he does, but I think I trust myself more than I trust any one group. That includes Ish's posse. We'd trust what makes sense, as we always have. If we can't trust ourselves to do that, why do we do anything? Are we just going to lockstep with everyone? Course not. We'll exercise our judgement, power just means we have more options. And since the common sense our 'wise council' says "Well we don't like slaves but...naturaal orrddeeeerrr" then that's pretty dumb council to have! It's also the one that says

Ishamal posted:

Ishamal says "I have long wondered why the innocent suffer and I am not the first to wonder." Ishamal's tone sounds a bit... pained? "I wish I had answers for you boy, it is not my place to say. You wish to know why a legion of the Melachim did not descend upon Ibleam and save it? There are reasons, good reasons, but those secrets are not mine to share and they would ring hollow and empty in the ears of the widows and orphans who survived."
Unknowing reasons that mean to say an entire city should be butchered? Ehh I don't like that natural order, and maybe it's a bad idea but I don't think things going the way they're going is good thing and I -want- to shake them up. But it's important to temper rash action, all things have consequences and it's all worth considering before we do anything! But it's also worth doing things and that'll be important to keep in mind as we learn under Ishamal. Hopefully all goes well :) He's been pretty forthcoming so far!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Tomn posted:

I'm for freeing the cook outright, though, because I reckon the poor girl's paid her dues and more by this point in sheer shell-shocked nerves.

I'm sure a lot of our slaves have sobstories, so why this but not free all of them? A lot of them have served us a long rear end time.

(not picking on you I swear!)

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
1. A
2. F
3. K
4. Q
5. T

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We should get more slaves!

Gotta slave 'em all!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Tomn posted:

With S, at least, that poo poo's SUSTAINABLE. It's basically an infinite slave emancipator that requires no further input from us beyond a decrease in profits. Break a man's chains, and you free a single slave. Allow a man to pay back his slave cost, and you free as many slaves as it takes to last out Lefkandi's lifespan - or more, if the squirrely little guy trains an apprentice or two or produces a heir.

With regards to the other slaves, I think going with a wage system makes their emancipation more acceptable to other Zepathans - and thus, more likely to be emulated. If that crazy Enkidel guy just ups and frees all his slaves, well, that's drat pious of him but what, do I look like I'm made of money? But if he pays them a wage instead and frees them over time, weeeell, I guess I might be able to fit that into the budget, and I still get the labor of the slaves for a time and he IS a pretty cool dude - maybe he's on to something.

It's not about sustainability right now though, it's about making a point while the spotlight is on us and potentially changing the way Zepath thinks of slavery. Possibly even rigging it so the Jubilee happens more often (which is the best option out of many right now, IMHO).

The elite may think it's crazy, but, as Diog pointed out, the young are watching ~*~ And the children are our future~*~

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

It's not about sustainability right now though, it's about making a point while the spotlight is on us and potentially changing the way Zepath thinks of slavery. Possibly even rigging it so the Jubilee happens more often (which is the best option out of many right now, IMHO).

The elite may think it's crazy, but, as Diog pointed out, the young are watching ~*~ And the children are our future~*~

also not enslaving people because they're having a rough go. that's also the future.

and or making people suffer poo poo conditions a 'citizen' wouldn't for no pay because lolprofits.

those would be two good future things.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. A - Okay, sure, if you think it's best. Thank you for explaining what the hell, because I did not know what the hell.

2. G

3. L

4. R

5. Y: Become her student personally, learning all we can about cooking from her. Then, X.

6. H. What do you mean this isn't Mass Effect?

A note on our cook training a replacement: No one who might cook for us would ever be a better cook than ourselves, if we dedicate ourselves to the task. Enkidel has an incredible natural aptitude for all things, similar to how Blooded men are known to simply be better. Servants she has attempted to teach do not approach Sabium's skill, and we will not find among those who would answer a cooking challenge one who can.

The only person who can cook at a skill to match our hunger is ourselves. We must take this challenge personally.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

also not enslaving people because they're having a rough go. that's also the future.

and or making people suffer poo poo conditions a 'citizen' wouldn't for no pay because lolprofits.

those would be two good future things.

I agree full emancipation is a good long term goal, but I'm worried if we pushed for it now we'd just end up with serfdom like in the interior. Trying to up the Jubilee date while simultaneously investing in social welfare seems like the best long, long term way to actually eliminate slavery and serfdom IMHO. Debatable though I know.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

How exactly are we going to cook at our own feasts? Make everything in advance and eat it cold? What?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Also if we want to study cooking, why don't we study for free with Jalitha (you know, the BEST cook in the world, who is also probably going to die fairly soon and wants to spend time with her baby) rather than drag out this woman's enslavement?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
We need to ask Ishamal about the message that's slowly deciphering itself, and also the second gold level of [???] before we accept the 'well deepening'.

Ask Ish, "Will the deepening of the well affect any other passive powers the 'water' might give me, besides the physical ones?"

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

I agree full emancipation is a good long term goal, but I'm worried if we pushed for it now we'd just end up with serfdom like in the interior. Trying to up the Jubilee date while simultaneously investing in social welfare seems like the best long, long term way to actually eliminate slavery and serfdom IMHO. Debatable though I know.

Well yeah no I was agreeing with you haha.

Neraren posted:

We need to ask Ishamal about the message that's slowly deciphering itself, and also the second gold level of [???] before we accept the 'well deepening'.

Ask Ish, "Will the deepening of the well affect any other passive powers the 'water' might give me, besides the physical ones?"

Both

FoxTerrier posted:

Also if we want to study cooking, why don't we study for free with Jalitha (you know, the BEST cook in the world, who is also probably going to die fairly soon and wants to spend time with her baby) rather than drag out this woman's enslavement?

but...feasts :(

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

How exactly are we going to cook at our own feasts? Make everything in advance and eat it cold? What?

Some dishes should be served cold. But we could prepare the main course beforehand and just keep it warm until people are ready for it. Let the staff handle the less important things.
Or hell, maybe we could use our reflexes and strength to make a spectacle of making the food.

We'll make food so good the Melachim will worry about mankind's free will again!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

+1 Tomn

Absum
May 28, 2013

Before I vote on 1. I'd like to ask Ishamal why deepen the well instead of emptying out some water by for example hiding myself as you taught me?.

e: got answer later so 1. A

2. G, although I'm less happy about this one because last I recall it'd make Naomi feel unsafe
3. L
4. R
5. X + learn to cook from Jalitha
6. B, although I is pretty tempting

Also people that are voting to have our cook train a replacement maybe you should read the loving update jeez.

Absum fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 5, 2014

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
+1 plan hihochichiro

Also voting that we tear out Isholes throat and puts on his grave. Then eat him

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

Executive chef! We'll invent haute cuisine!

Ooh, ooh, can we build a Kitchen Stadium? Pretty please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FoxTerrier posted:

We should study from both and create a culinary fusion style like Ur has never seen.