Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shoehead posted:

Makes me wonder how nuts the site would have been with Ryan and Dan both working on it.

they wouldve blown up the cbs building by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
dan wouldnt be a part of gb if ryan was still alive

ryan filled a big role in gb (lol) and theyve been trying to replace the space he left (lol) with other personalities like drew and rorie and dan

though i guess patrick leaving and vinny leaving might have left some room for dan anyway but the real catalyst to so much stuff in gb changing was the cbs buyout and the death of ryan davis

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
I can only imagine Ryan's reaction to Dan's eggwhite story.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

klaphark posted:

I can only imagine Ryan's reaction to Dan's eggwhite story.

It probably would've been the only thing to outdo his reaction to Will Smith's mispronunciation of "executable."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

there was a bombcast where ryan talked about getting a new mattress for like 20 minutes straight

it was really cracking me up because it started with jeff saying saying he never bought one for himself and just used ones that other people were trying to replace (his parent's, ryan's) but then it ends up with a long declaration from ryan that buying a new mattress for yourself is a very adult purchase and proof that you take care of yourself and that you arent really an adult until youve done it and no one put the two ends of the conversation together

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

there was a bombcast where ryan talked about getting a new mattress for like 20 minutes straight

it was really cracking me up because it started with jeff saying saying he never bought one for himself and just used ones that other people were trying to replace (his parent's, ryan's) but then it ends up with a long declaration from ryan that buying a new mattress for yourself is a very adult purchase and proof that you take care of yourself and that you arent really an adult until youve done it and no one put the two ends of the conversation together

I listened to this a couple months ago and all I could think about was that it was kind of a waste because he barely got to use the mattress. RIP Ryan

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For a while I assumed Ryan Davis would be someone I hate but he's actually very epic now that I've gone back and watched some old videos.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Ryan's only crime was loving Thursday night throwdowns too much. Other than that, the man knew how little he should give a poo poo about anything.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

why couldn't god have taken Brad or Patrick instead

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

oh right, because he doesn't want that poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brad has a secret unlockable epicness, but Patrick is just all around bad.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad used to be the normal guy but now he weighs 300lbs and sits like a fuckin baby on the couch with his lil legs kicked up on the table w/knees bent in a diamond shape. Big rear end baby in a crib with a bright red face.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Brad used to be the normal guy but now he weighs 300lbs and sits like a fuckin baby on the couch with his lil legs kicked up on the table w/knees bent in a diamond shape. Big rear end baby in a crib with a bright red face.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's dota is what gets ya.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

He's a big boy and I love him.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Brad needs a Dotavention. Like half the people I know who doats.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wormskull posted:

Brad has a secret unlockable epicness, but Patrick is just all around bad.
Patrick is so bad he tried to lobby for them hiring Zoe Quinn for the job Dan ended up with.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

getting fat and useless is just a part of growing up guys

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Lodin posted:

Patrick is so bad he tried to lobby for them hiring Zoe Quinn for the job Dan ended up with.

I dont care what peoples' personal feelings are on Zoe, there is no loving way she could be better or more epic than Dan. She probably knows all about mortgages and egg whites already.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
gb tier list

1. dan
2. jeff
3. vinny
4. drew
5. Danny
6. rorie
7. alex navarro
10. patrick

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Skeleton King posted:

gb tier list

1. dan
2. jeff
3. vinny
4. drew
5. Danny
6. rorie
7. alex navarro
10. patrick

lol brad didnt even make the top 10, just like DTA should not have

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lodin posted:

is this true

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
whenever Brad's gotta host something, his disinterested ennui is palpable

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

is this true
All I know is Patrick tweeted to her that she should send in her resume when they were hiring.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Lodin posted:

All I know is Patrick tweeted to her that she should send in her resume when they were hiring.

did he delete the tweet? I cant find it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

actually I think I remember this. there was a big stink when they did not hire zoe. I read this from the last Gamers.txt thread, maybe?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Gimbal lock posted:

whenever Brad's gotta host something, his disinterested ennui is palpable
this

on the other hand I don't get the patrick hate. he may not be as interesting or funny of a character as many of the other GB dudes; he's just like a regulard guy thrown into all that crazyness, but he makes a pretty good straight man for that. you know like some people claim brad does, except he doesn't because he always seems so utterly bored with everything (that isnt dota). brad always just seems to be biding his time until he can finally get back to playing dota.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Butt Ghost posted:

actually I think I remember this. there was a big stink when they did not hire zoe. I read this from the last Gamers.txt thread, maybe?

It wasn't necessarily Zoe, but rather there were a couple of loud individuals who rolled their eyes at Dan getting hired and were briefly really vocal about it because all they saw was "another straight white male" instead of a just rad person well suited for the job. It was all pretty minor and blew over really quickly anyway.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

and apparently enough backlash against those people that jeff had to put up an article to say "cut it out you fuckheads"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PrBacterio posted:

this

on the other hand I don't get the patrick hate. he may not be as interesting or funny of a character as many of the other GB dudes; he's just like a regulard guy thrown into all that crazyness, but he makes a pretty good straight man for that. you know like some people claim brad does, except he doesn't because he always seems so utterly bored with everything (that isnt dota). brad always just seems to be biding his time until he can finally get back to playing dota.

Brad is just "measured" in a psychotic tryhard way, hell, I talk a lot like him most of the time so I would know. There's also nothing normal about Patrick. He's a closet story gamer and it's gross when he's drinking beer on the couch because he looks like he's in 9th grade and also acts like the guy in 9th grade who kept putting his hand up all the time and talked to himself or anyone that would listen about his earnest thoughts all the other kids don't care about.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brad is basically Dark World Me... That seems about right.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The best part of staying subscribed to the GB YouTube Channel (that I don't ever watch anymore) is seeing a thumbnail of Patrick's face in front of his Portal Microphone with a timestamp of 2:17:44. When I see that, I know I'm in for a treat. Scoopin the Scoops for the motherfucking win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The best part of staying subscribed to the GB YouTube Channel (that I don't ever watch anymore) is seeing a thumbnail of Patrick's face in front of his Portal Microphone with a timestamp of 2:17:44. When I see that, I know I'm in for a treat. Scoopin the Scoops for the motherfucking win.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel that way but about my paid subscription to the website proper lately. I guess I can go back in time and watch some epic classics but man alive.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Dan has a shirt now:

You can totally buy it with really real money

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd buy it if there was a Royal Apparel version.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

N64 controller? Get outta here.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i like when dan saw schwarzenegger in the terminator trailer he actually did a fistpump

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is an easter egg in that video, did you spot the metal gear risk from the previous video???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
dan ryckert for president 2016

let's make this happen