Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
it isn't just hasbro they need to license from though, it's also all the random bitcoin companies they're using who i really doubt they bothered to contact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm imagining a bitcoin monopoly where everyone moves at the same time, nobody gets to know who owns everything, everyone bluffs they own everything, and you beg for tips without seeming needy in exchange for favors you may or may not be able to provide and it's sounding pretty cool. Someone throw that together, start the wiki, I'm the idea guy, lorem ipsum, etc. etc.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

it isn't just hasbro they need to license from though, it's also all the random bitcoin companies they're using who i really doubt they bothered to contact

nah im sure having fuckin gollum there on new york avenue is totally cool

anyway mousetrap would be a better bitcoin game but whos counting

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

they didn't even think of calling it 51%

shameful

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I think you'll find that monopoly with bitcoins is impossible because transparency free market invisible hand rational actors

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
they all have impotent fantasies of being monopolists themselves though

the only ethical monopoly is my monopoly

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't see any mention of dumpster rice, hobo villages funded by bitcoin, or the buttcoin foundation. VERY MISLEADING

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

quote:

12. (Joshua Ryan Zerlan) faces liability for injunctive relief for corporate practices if: (1)
the individual participated directly in the challenged conduct or (2) had the authority to control it.
Affordable Media, 179 F.3d at 1234; FTC v. Gem Merch. Corp., 87 F.3d 466, 470 (11thCir.
1996); Amy Travel, 875 F.2d at 573; FTC v. Kitco, 612 F. Supp 1282 (D. Minn. 1985).
(Joshua Ryan Zerlan) may be held liable for monetary relief for corporate practices if he knew or
should have known of the illicit conduct, showed reckless indifference to the truth or falsity of a
representation, or had an awareness of a high probability of falsity with an intentional avoidance
of the truth. Affordable Media, 179 F.2d at 1234; Gem Merch., 87 F.3d at 470; Amy Travel, 875
F.2d at 574. The knowledge element, however, need not rise to the level of subjective intent to
defraud consumers. Affordable Media, 179 F.2d at 1234; Amy Travel, 875 F.2d at 574.

eeeee

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Bananalogue posted:

nah im sure having fuckin gollum there on new york avenue is totally cool

anyway mousetrap would be a better bitcoin game but whos counting

Good points I did not actually look at the board spaces

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

The Management posted:

Venture capitalist Tim Draper won part of the U.S. Marshals Service’ auction of 50,000 bitcoins, he said in an email Friday.

Draper said he successfully bid on one lot, totaling 2,000 bitcoins, on behalf of Draper Associates. The move helps fulfill his plan to invest 300 bitcoins in every startup that participates in the current session of Boost, a program for bitcoin-related startups founded by his son, Adam Draper.

Draper declined to disclose the price he paid.

On Thursday, the U.S. government auctioned the 50,000 bitcoins confiscated during the prosecution of the alleged owner of Silk Road, an Internet black-market bazaar where authorities say illegal drugs and other goods could be bought.

It was the U.S. Marshals Service’s second such auction following one in June for almost 30,000 bitcoins seized during a raid on Silk Road in 2013.

Lynzey Donahue, a Marshals Service spokeswoman, said in a emailed statement that she cannot “confirm, deny or make any further announcements until the entire award process has concluded, including the completion of required financial transactions.”

Bitcoin has declined in value throughout the year, leading to a school of thought that growth for the young currency has peaked. But Draper said he viewed the lower prices as a buying opportunity.

“Good luck to the Luddites you have been talking to,” he wrote. “In a year or two, they are going to wonder what happened.” He added he planned to keep investing in bitcoin-related companies in fields such as accounting and retailing.

Lol I wonder if it's just denial that his son is a loving moron making him double down on this terrible idea

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Lol I wonder if it's just denial that his son is a loving moron making him double down on this terrible idea

as if six californias guy could be anything but rational

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Until he can find someone else to hold the massive bag he's stuck with, he still has to act like it's full of gold and not fecal matter.

"i'm making the bag bigger, guys, seriously, somebody take this bag!"

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

My band trying to use Bitcoin for mp3 downloads. Does it have to be this complicated? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 6 minutes ago by antiquesons

Hello, My acoustic folk anarcho-punk band...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Robawesome posted:

My band trying to use Bitcoin for mp3 downloads. Does it have to be this complicated? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 6 minutes ago by antiquesons

Hello, My acoustic folk anarcho-punk band...
go on

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

nah thats the best part

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I'm imagining a bitcoin monopoly where everyone moves at the same time, nobody gets to know who owns everything, everyone bluffs they own everything, and you beg for tips without seeming needy in exchange for favors you may or may not be able to provide and it's sounding pretty cool. Someone throw that together, start the wiki, I'm the idea guy, lorem ipsum, etc. etc.
dr. honk already idea-guyed the most important feature, namely that players are goxxed every time they pass Gox

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Krinkle posted:

i have half a mind to do up a proper bitcoin monopoly board

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Herman Merman posted:

dr. honk already idea-guyed the most important feature, namely that players are goxxed every time they pass Gox

honked again

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Powershift posted:

Until he can find someone else to hold the massive bag he's stuck with, he still has to act like it's full of gold and not fecal matter.

"i'm making the bag bigger, guys, seriously, somebody take this bag!"

I'd agree if he wasn't still buying poo poo to put in the bag

Unless he too falls for the whole sunk-cost fallacy

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Ursine Asylum posted:

I'd agree if he wasn't still buying poo poo to put in the bag

Unless he too falls for the whole sunk-cost fallacy

he did go for a much smaller pot this time, could be token to soothe his ego

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
blockchain.info has been delisted from bitcoin.org because they are not considered secure enough (github.com)

submitted 8 hours ago by btcdrak

lets see how their security expert feels

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"bank error in your favor. you're your own bank, so this means you scammed someone, collect 300 bitcoins"

"income tax, bite tax collector"

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 7, 2014

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

get chased across the roof of the Reading

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

JaysonAych posted:

"bank error in your favor. you're your own bank, so this means you scammed someone, collect 300 bitcoins"

"Your fetching bowtie has won you a beauty contest, collect 100 bits"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ayn rand hand job posted:

blockchain.info has been delisted from bitcoin.org because they are not considered secure enough (github.com)

submitted 8 hours ago by btcdrak

lets see how their security expert feels

andreas left blockchain.info a long time ago, so he's not their "security" "expert" anymore

not to say that he isn't somehow responsible for existing security fuckups, this is a guy who told bitcoin users to download malware

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Dren posted:

"Your fetching bowtie has won you a beauty contest, collect 100 bits"

Free Parking Free Electricity - your neighbor's outlets are not properly secured through the peeled apart drywall.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

free parking should just be called "gently caress you got mine"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Community Chest should be END THE FED

Replace the Monopoly Guy with Ron Paul or Andreas, I'm not sure which

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Get out of jail freecard is a freeman on the land bonus card where you do double jail and are unable to decide not to play it at every opportunity.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

since monopoly was meant to be anti-capitalism, mr. moneybags needs to be replaced with someone who embodies every imaginable failure of bitcoin

so yeah, andreas would work

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Internet Janitor posted:

first you confuse them, then you confuse them, then you win

bitcoin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There's a gold fringe flag in your court room, collect 1 bitcoin and proceed to the nearest railroad to look at trains

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ArchWizard posted:

since monopoly was meant to be anti-capitalism,

what's this now

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

that's an urban myth afaik though wikipediaing it led me to this:

quote:

In 1936, Parker Brothers began licensing the game for sale outside of the United States. In 1941, the British Secret Intelligence Service had John Waddington Ltd., the licensed manufacturer of the game in the United Kingdom, create a special edition for World War II prisoners of war held by the Nazis.[4] Hidden inside these games were maps, compasses, real money, and other objects useful for escaping. They were distributed to prisoners by Secret Service-created fake charity groups.[5]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

indigi posted:

what's this now
The Landlord's Game is a board game patented in 1904 by Elizabeth Magie as U.S. Patent 748,626. It is a realty and taxation game, which is considered to be a direct inspiration for the board game Monopoly.

Magie designed the game to be a "practical demonstration of the present system of land grabbing with all its usual outcomes and consequences".[1] She based the game on the economic principles of Georgism, a system proposed by Henry George, with the object of demonstrating how rents enrich property owners and impoverish tenants. She knew that some people could find it hard to understand why this happened and what might be done about it, and she thought that if Georgist ideas were put into the concrete form of a game, they might be easier to demonstrate. Magie also hoped that when played by children the game would provoke their natural suspicion of unfairness, and that they might carry this awareness into adulthood.[1]

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

vOv posted:

that's an urban myth afaik though wikipediaing it led me to this:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2986/was-monopoly-originally-meant-to-teach-people-about-the-evils-of-capitalism

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

I learned the word naïf

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

any time you buy anything or transact money, you have to tell all the other players so they can update their own running ledgers. there is one round of play every ten minutes, and you aren't guaranteed to have bought any properties unless you tipped enough

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

fwiw when I worked at an ISP most of the subpoenas that didn't involve outright hardware seizure simply asked nicely that we not disclose the subpoena took place.

usually the wording was something along the lines of "we would strongly suggest that you not disclose this subpoena as it may jeopardize the process of this case"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Meltdown in progress:

https://twitter.com/ElectrumWallet/status/541420975716597760

• Locked thread