Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long until Showtime fights again?
This poll is closed.
90 days 5 5.68%
6 months 18 20.45%
1 year 25 28.41%
stripped of title 40 45.45%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
Pettis going to prom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I'm excited for the post-fight presser, where we will learn that Johny went into this fight at only 70% of his true power due to a fractured skull and diverticulitis and the people of Las Vegas not being willing to give their energy to the spirit bomb

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Hendricks won 2 and 3 pretty clearly, Lawler won 4 and 5 pretty clearly. 1 was the only round difficult to score, and I had it for Lawler.

See guys, sometimes fatherdog doesn't know what's going on during fights either

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The 49-46 judge was having flashbacks to the Lentz-Winner fight and felt Hendricks must be punished somehow.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope that some footage comes out of Laimon convincing johny that he was way ahead in between rounds.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
I'm glad we collectively are happy with Robbie winning regardless of what Lord Waffle Beard and Atom say

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
This will just make hendricks winning the belt from rory much more sweet

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Thank you!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Unzip and Attack posted:

It's funny that even in a thread full of people who hate Hendricks no one is claiming that Lawler actually won the fight.

I don't hate Hendricks, I scored Hendricks/GSP for Hendricks. Lawler won.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

I hope that some footage comes out of Laimon convincing johny that he was way ahead in between rounds.

Laimon actually told him the fight was close.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
Bad night for cage-pushers.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Laimon actually told him the fight was close.

He was yelling the entire time for Johnny to finish the takedown on the cage. He must have possibly seen this coming

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I even said during the fifth round that I would be rooting for Rory "loving" McDonald in his title fight with Hendricks. That's how fed up I was with his hillbilly rear end.

So happy for Robbie. He was so, so bad about 4 years ago. Now he's the loving champ.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Duncan is going to love this so much, the Hunt Consolation

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bubba Smith posted:

Seriously every highlight from that fight came from Robbie so you're drat right he should have won even if he absolutely shouldn't have going by the rules. That isn't quite Stockton rules but gently caress it Who Did the Most Cool poo poo rules and Robbie is the champion. So awesome

Hendricks actually did have some cool combos enabled by Wrestling Supremacy.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Shear the Sheep posted:

He was yelling the entire time for Johnny to finish the takedown on the cage. He must have possibly seen this coming

Maybe because grabbing a leg and then pretending to a statue isn't a technique anyone teaches.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Duncan is going to love this so much, the Hunt Consolation

mark hunt died to bring us this wonderful bounty, like a fat samoan jesus

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Rounds 2-3 was a 10 minute continuous beating of Robbie, who offered almost nothing in return. Despite late round Johny trying to burrow himself in to Robbie, there is no conceivable way your scorecard could read 49-46 Robbie.

Its a shame, because you could justify a 3-2 round Lawler win and I hate immediate re-matches.

Afterbirth Aftermath fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 7, 2014

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah Hendricks had some great combos. I'm happy Lawler won, but Hendricks put on a great fight. Aside from the clinching. Which was like half his offense.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Shumagorath posted:

Hendricks actually did have some cool combos enabled by Wrestling Supremacy.

Yeah the first two rounds I was happy with Johny Hendricks. Around the 3rd round though he turned back into a heavy pumpkin and I hated it.

Robbie could have many cool fights as champion if he gets pass Rory. Johny would likely do that more & more if he was awarded for it. Yuck.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Knightmere posted:

Rounds 2-3 was a 10 minute continuous beating of Robbie, who offered almost nothing in return. Despite late round Johny trying to burrow himself in to Robbie, there is no conceivable way your scorecard could read 49-46 Robbie.

Yeah I can totally see 48-47 Robbie but when I heard 49-46 my heart sank because I knew it was for Johny.

Ibsen
Jun 20, 2006
I am Not.
"Pin and pray"

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
all this tells me is that Kelvin Gastelum will be the next big star of welterweight. viva mexico!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Ibsen posted:

"Pin and pray"

Wall and stall.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah I can totally see 48-47 Robbie but when I heard 49-46 my heart sank because I knew it was for Johny.

As soon as I heard 48-47 Robbie I knew it was for Robbie.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Much like christ himself hunt died for everyone else's benefit

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Google Butt posted:

As soon as I heard 48-47 Robbie I knew it was for Robbie.

I slumped over like a marionette with its strings cut when I heard 49-46.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
When does the press conference usually start?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I slumped over like a marionette with its strings cut when I heard 49-46.

ditto, I knew there was no way in hell Robbie won 4 rounds.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

canoshiz posted:

Wall and stall.

This is better.

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!

Northjayhawk posted:

Usually my phone buzzes to tell me it's starting about five minutes after I've fallen asleep for the night.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

It just started and it is only CM Punk out there for now.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Northjayhawk posted:

It just started and its CM Punk by himself at the table.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
6 Minutes according to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5VPnxuq828

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
thank you robbie and ufc judges for taking the belt away from Big Dweeb Hendricks

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I like Lawler but I am also in a minority in that I also like Hendricks. I understand everyone is happy for this bad decision because they like Lawler and dislike Hendricks, but if I remind you that tonight's decision made Matt Hughes incredibly happy, will that sway anyone's opinion on things?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I like Lawler but I am also in a minority in that I also like Hendricks. I understand everyone is happy for this bad decision because they like Lawler and dislike Hendricks, but if I remind you that tonight's decision made Matt Hughes incredibly happy, will that sway anyone's opinion on things?

gently caress Hendricks for trying to stall to win.

Press conference just shut off for me after they asked CM Punk about Brock.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

gently caress Hendricks

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Good argument to be made but no. Hendricks was the 2nd worst champ in terms of being a douchebag outside of Jon Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

gently caress Hendricks for trying to stall to win.

I also get this sentiment while we're still in the dawn of the post-GSP era, but I wouldn't really say he was flat-out stalling. He did more than Lawler did for the entire middle portion of the fight.

• Locked thread