Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

bronin posted:

The frog is what I miss most on the iOS app.

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

:frogc00l::hf::frogsiren:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
LOADING FAILED!

But not for chrome.

e: it had logged me out somehow

Syenite fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 27, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Can we please get that Goto Page# option back? That thing was great in really long megathreads, particularly for Trad Games stuff, and it's really annoying how the only way to go to First/Last page is from the Bookmark/Forum menu now, and in the actual thread you can only cycle by one page at a time.

Why was that functionality even removed? Otherwise the new setup is goddamn amazing and I love it, especially the new AwfulFrog menu in the top left. (would be nice if it could actually show an icon change when you get a new PM, though)

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fuzz posted:

Can we please get that Goto Page# option back? That thing was great in really long megathreads, particularly for Trad Games stuff, and it's really annoying how the only way to go to First/Last page is from the Bookmark/Forum menu now, and in the actual thread you can only cycle by one page at a time.

Why was that functionality even removed? Otherwise the new setup is goddamn amazing and I love it, especially the new AwfulFrog menu in the top left. (would be nice if it could actually show an icon change when you get a new PM, though)
Tap the page number at the bottom to bring up the GoTo Page# option.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It's still there. Just tap on the page number at the bottom.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
All you have to do is tap the page number at the bottom.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ardlen posted:

Tap the page number at the bottom to bring up the GoTo Page# option.

:aaaaa:

I love you.

This app is amazing.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

As an ego stroke for Sereri, I also much prefer Awful.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Something doesn't have the frog. Awful is therefore superior.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Someone make a Material Design frog

DanManIt
Sep 5, 2008
Is there anyway for the top menu bar to hide?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

New phone and I can't for the life of me remember how to set my highlighting options back the way they were. I had my own posts in green and the OP's posts in yellow. The highlighting section of the options menu only has checkboxes, and none of them seem to do what they say. The only posts b highlighted right now are new ones. Help?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It's under Settings-->Posts-->Highlighting

Edit: Woops sorry. Misunderstood you. It's working for me though. I have them all checked. Galaxy S5.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Nexus 5, Android 5.0:
Is it a known bug that sometimes the page numbers disappear? The black box is still there though.
Browsing other threads mysteriously brings it back.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Is there a way to search the forums for those with that upgrade purchased ?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Merkinman posted:

Nexus 5, Android 5.0:
Is it a known bug that sometimes the page numbers disappear? The black box is still there though.
Browsing other threads mysteriously brings it back.

Haven't seen that one myself, any more hints on how to recreate this?

Shuffle posted:

Is there a way to search the forums for those with that upgrade purchased ?

As far as I know none of the Awful apps support search at the moment and we are no exception. This might change depending on how the new search turns out. Wait is that already finished?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Sereri posted:

As far as I know none of the Awful apps support search at the moment and we are no exception. This might change depending on how the new search turns out. Wait is that already finished?

Last I heard it was beta-tested for an hour and then put on hiatus for retooling.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It's not officially launched, for whatever that's worth, but the new search is still up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Sereri posted:

Dunno, I just opened the app, went to bookmarks and came here and it happened. The black area still responses as if the buttons were there.

http://imgur.com/Jc8kDaL

Imgur is awkward on a phone...

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

Sereri posted:

If you multitask out of the app on 5.0 and come back in, it happens. If you change orientation, the page numbers come back.

It works that way on my N5 stock 5.0 anyway.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
On a 2013 Moto X, I can't pull-to-refresh while in landscape mode. Not sure if that's by design, but it's not a huge deal anyway.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Dradien posted:

If you multitask out of the app on 5.0 and come back in, it happens. If you change orientation, the page numbers come back.

It works that way on my N5 stock 5.0 anyway.

Just tried that, and yes, that reproduces the issue.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

anthonypants posted:

On a 2013 Moto X, I can't pull-to-refresh while in landscape mode. Not sure if that's by design, but it's not a huge deal anyway.

Market version or beta? Which P2R?

The Merkinman posted:

Just tried that, and yes, that reproduces the issue.

Not for me. N5 on 5.0.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Beta, and I tried both the bookmarks menu and the main forums listing. I think it's just that my phone isn't wide enough to drag the ball down long enough to initiate a refresh.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Never mind... Figured it out.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 7, 2014

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Sereri posted:

Not for me. N5 on 5.0.

Anything else I can do to help troubleshoot?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

anthonypants posted:

Beta, and I tried both the bookmarks menu and the main forums listing. I think it's just that my phone isn't wide enough to drag the ball down long enough to initiate a refresh.

Have you tried changing the pull to refresh distance in the Devices and Navigation settings?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ardlen posted:

Have you tried changing the pull to refresh distance in the Devices and Navigation settings?
No, I just rotated my phone back to portrait mode.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Is there a file where your password is stored (Android ver), I had used a password generator to create my SA password and I forgot it. Unfortunately my computer HDD is also busted so I can't recover it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Helpimscared posted:

Is there a file where your password is stored (Android ver), I had used a password generator to create my SA password and I forgot it. Unfortunately my computer HDD is also busted so I can't recover it.

Log out and use the password recovery option?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

FYI: The app doesn't store the password, it logs in and stores the sessionid from the cookie. That way we don't have to worry about the password leaking, your password is forgotten as soon as you finish the login activity. All forum sessionids are cleared when you change your password, so if you need to remotely kill that session just change your password.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Sassafras fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 19, 2014

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sorry, I've been getting very little done and so the beta version still resides in a branch of my personal repo.

https://github.com/Sereri/Awful.apk/tree/AniMD

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You monster

Well with 1.0 out and hopefully no more dependency hell (gradle hell) I'm trying to move out of Eclipse, so I'll try and get back with helping out where I can.

I'm not an official Galaxy Nexus-haver anymore, so I can't try and test the black box thing, but did you ever try manually clearing the webview cache on every new thread page load?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Those black boxes were a feature designed to try and push people away from the Galaxy Nexus. Everyone should thank Sereri

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't seem to access the games forum on the awful app but every other board seems to work fine. Any clue why?

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I can't seem to access the games forum on the awful app but every other board seems to work fine. Any clue why?

I am experiencing this as well. on andriod galaxy s4

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Gealar posted:

I am experiencing this as well. on andriod galaxy s4
Just tried this on my Nexus 5 and it's not working there either.
EDIT: Subforums of Games load fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Everyone will.

I just checked, they deleted the info text for Let's play except for the -

Now the app looks for a text that's no longer there and throws an exception, causing it to not load the forum.

I wish I was kidding.