Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The Snowbirds have left the cold concrete dome in Tampa and the Steel Birds say hello to the grey smoke filled skies in Pittsburgh.

This is subject to change very soon. I threw together a bunch of position players pretty haphazardly after losing out on Jerry Sizemore and Tomas Montanez doesn't throw ground balls so he's a jerk who needs to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
oh my god I just noticed that left-handed Jorge Santos started all 162 games of S29 at 2B :psyduck:

He wasn't horrible, surprisingly -- 9 errors, 18 poor plays.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Serious question here, why did operaterp and i both get messages saying we were leading when it was clear that i actually was. Is there a built in preference for where an IFA decides to go? Is it pure chance?

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

And here are the s30 Colorado Burrellballers, with likely only minor changes early on in the season (like not carrying 2 defensive replacement shortstops)

What is this? An actual good defense? How the hell did this happen (the answer has something to do with being unwilling to trade Kelly Gran without getting a long term 2b elsewhere). Also Cliff Burnett in Coors and I didn't have to max him :toot:

Uh let's hope that the good defense is worth something.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

let's win a lot of regular season games and then lose when it matters

the only question is what i'm gonna do with the batting order, I kinda don't like having Don Cole leadoff, might put Duran there with his dwindling power, especially compared to the rest of the lineup

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vandelay West

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Vandelay West

yeah I have a whole 6 players who have been in your organization at one point or another

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

nasboat posted:

yeah I have a whole 6 players who have been in your organization at one point or another

That's primarily because about 50% of current active prayers have been in either your organization or Art's at some point in time

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Gonna be a weird year.

Utilizing heavy platoons. In RF, Martin goes vs RHP and Pineda goes vs LHP. 3B, Holland vs LHP and Matsuzaka (old friend alert) vs RHP. Luke will get spelled hopefully only against LHP. I guess this is testing just how effective dudes with less-than-elite splits can be against their more favorable handedness and with good contact/power.

Pitching depth is a problem but Deivi making 1/4 the starts again mitigates that a bit.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Nice.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gill Hooper dinger + Chick Wehner triple in game one :getin:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Vandelay North: 2. Vandelay West: 0.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Derrick loving Graves, everybody

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Derrick loving Graves, everybody

don't speak ill of the dead.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
We won opening day, god bless the 5,000 fans that showed up, the rest of the season doesn't matter

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Because of some fuckery with Rule V picks (I couldn't DFA Robert Beck before he processed through waivers, and that made me lose Lou McDowell) your S30 Saberhagens just came together:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

:staredog:

I won 3 of 4 in Santa Fe to start the season. It's a brave new world.

And Alex Mendez had the best line in Santa Fe -- .091/.353/.364

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

perfect glorious balance has been achieved, the NLE is the zen division

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

chutwig posted:

perfect glorious balance has been achieved, the NLE is the zen division

So is the NL West :(

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
god gently caress this game

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

god gently caress this game

:siren: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67499139&pbp=0 :siren:

Back-to-back seasons Melendez has pulled it off

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Hey, the St. Louis Gaedels won't go 0-162!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I got Tim Raineseded.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

wake me up when its february

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I got Tim Raineseded.

lmao

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Hahahahaha holy poo poo

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Julian Melendez is a fuckin dick

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hall of Famer Julian Melendez.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

good god drat this was a messy loving game for my defense, god bless Luis and the the rest of the non-Alex offense for keeping me in it

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67505724&pbp=0

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

double post because Benny Carreras has already matched his home run total from last season (2)

he's hitting .619/.652/.952 :staredog:

SSS now and forever

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

uublog posted:

double post because Benny Carreras has already matched his home run total from last season (2)

he's hitting .619/.652/.952 :staredog:

SSS now and forever

Don't worry he'll go back to being Benny Carreras soon enough

chutwig
May 28, 2001

:geno:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

This is the single dumbest game of all-time

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

In unrelated news, I never would have guessed that Slim Green had been with Salem for long enough to acquire 10/5 rights after this season (if he weren't testing FA, natch).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

In unrelated news, I never would have guessed that Slim Green had been with Salem for long enough to acquire 10/5 rights after this season (if he weren't testing FA, natch).

Honestly, I wouldn't have either. vOv

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Hoo boy hitting is going to be a challenge for this team.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Jesus Christ somehow I overcame 3 McKay Ray homers to win my series with scrotos. I love this loving team already

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6223919 Guys Sean Street won his first career game in the minors!!!

chutwig
May 28, 2001

things are not starting well in Buffalo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I hope TMB and TBB make some trades and some Los Angeleses become Los Angeleses.

• Locked thread