Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Duck Rodgers posted:

I'm sure most if not all teams have gotten the shot. There is a delay in both the time of infection to appearance of symptoms (about 2 weeks), and from getting the vaccine to immunity (about 3 weeks).

Yeah the Devils all got the shot and Zajac/Larsson still got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOJ8GnheXc

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how the youtube preview still makes it look like he's holding a gun.

Congratulations on EA discovering the video toaster in 1998.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Scott Darling has been very impressive for the Blackhawks. In completely unrelated news Crawford took an overnight flight to Boston surprising the entire team.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

onemillionzombies posted:

Scott Darling has been very impressive for the Blackhawks. In completely unrelated news Crawford took an overnight flight to Boston surprising the entire team.

Hit his head on the door getting off the plane, has concussion, out 4-6 weeks.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So 90s it hurts.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I played the poo poo out of this game on PC when I was a kid

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

I played the poo poo out of this game on PC when I was a kid

There are players eligible for the draft that were born after it was released.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Well I felt good about myself today until I read this. Thanks :colbert:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Martytoof posted:

It's all downhill from [16 years ago]

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

There are players younger than me that have had full careers in the NHL and have retired. :corsair:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Martytoof posted:

I'm at the point now where even the "older" young baseball and hockey players are even younger than me. I stare out the window at the seasons changing, while my surgically repaired knee creaks, and wonder where the time went.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Menamino posted:

speaking of coaches, just in case anyone thought the Islanders' hot start had anything to do with Jack Capuano

that's 4th on team in points, rapidly becoming one of the best 2 way players on the Islanders Ryan Strome centering punch man Martin and rock em-sock em robot Eric Boulton on the 4th line.

Brian Strait also continues to be the go-to fill in #7 defender despite the Islanders having 3 readily available players who are leagues better than him while Strait costs the team a minimum of 2 goals every game.

Jack Capuano bad.

This is curious. So winning is good, but continuing to win and possibly making a nice playoff run means Bluto remains coach for the foreseeable future, which is bad. Quite the predicament out on the island (coming soon to Brooklyn).

Sciserf
Nov 18, 2012
Today I learned that Schnieder has somehow dragged his SV% to 0.918 from an abysmal 0.904, recovering from 15 games of an absolutely atrocious Pk%. Now I know this has a lot to do with the Devils getting massively outshot almost every game, but :drat:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Koopa Kid posted:

Mike Sauer is also a cautionary tale in tightening your chin strap, when his head snapped back that helmet flew right off.

Also very true. He may very well still have been injured how and where he hit it, but it probably would have helped.

It's kind of amazing there aren't more serious injuries in hockey with all the ways you can get hurt

LmaoTheKid posted:

Agreed. I wish he and Rosen could do a game together.

I like both of them, but I think they'd sound odd together

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687431&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post438847681 GDT

I blame grack for the tag curse

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Bryz didn't play last night for Norfolk, but Yann Danis did get in a 37-save shutout. In more hilarious news, Dany Heatley will be rehabbing with Norfolk this weekend. Surprisingly good d-man Josh Manson was sent back as well, meaning Ben Lovejoy should be good to go this weekend. Oh yeah Jason Labarbera is healthy, but whatever.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Heaf posted:

Bryz didn't play last night for Norfolk, but Yann Danis did get in a 37-save shutout. In more hilarious news, Dany Heatley will be rehabbing with Norfolk this weekend. Surprisingly good d-man Josh Manson was sent back as well, meaning Ben Lovejoy should be good to go this weekend. Oh yeah Jason Labarbera is healthy, but whatever.

three former oilers goaltenders all in one depth chart

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Heaf posted:

Manson has been good but he's been directly responsible for a few bad goals (the nugent-hopkins one from last night as an example) and seems to take like, a lot or really bad penalties. I think it was the right call to send him back down but I think he's definitely going to be the call-up when someone goes down instead of Matt Clark.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Whoa when the hell did Detroit move to the top of the East???

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

onemillionzombies posted:

He was really good on Tuesday, as was Kinkaid. I expected way more goals out of that game.. From Chicago atleast.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

yellowcar posted:

Once Datsyk came back off injury and started putting up the best offensive numbers of his career.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

yellowcar posted:

The East at this point is just sort of some giant Participation Ribbon and everybody gets their turn at the top before they are inevitably destroyed by the West.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Probably something to do with decent coaching as well. :q:

Ps. The Devils have the worst home record in the NHL right now. Weird that they do better on the road.. Then again you can usually hear a pin drop in the Rock unless someone scores.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 12, 2014

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Pleads posted:

The East at this point is just sort of some giant Participation Ribbon and everybody gets their turn at the top before they are inevitably destroyed by the West.

tampa is probably legitimately pretty good and that is about the best one can say

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I have faith that the islanders can continue to outplay capuano's sabotage efforts

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
toews has left the game in boston after being boarded. this isn't the biggest issue, because the hawks didn't even take him off for a shift and then evaluated him at the intermission. what would've been so loving hard about taking him out of the game? that 5 on 3 gonna get worse without a probably concussed player? solid medical staff you have there, chicago.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually the boarding is a big issue because shitheel hockey players need to stop smashing other hockey players' heads into the boards.

Not sure why they let Toews stay on the ice, hockey teams are dumb.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
it was a bad hit, making it more obvious that they should've at least taken him out of the game to look at him right then. he didn't even leave the ice. just got up and took the faceoff right after.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well if he didn't skate to the bench and went to the dot under his own accord, there's not a whole lot the med staff can do. I didn't see it however, so.. The usual case is that when a player gets hurt or takes a nasty hit, they skate back to the bench for a look at.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

pretty sure he skated by the bench and then went back out there. and coaches make line changes all the time. you know they saw the replay of his head bouncing off the boards and they know his history. it's irresponsible.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Toews probably knew that if he went to the bench they'd test him so he just stayed out. He's kind of a meathead ANYTHING FOE TEH TEAM style player and given his concussion history knew if he acted hurt they'd pull him.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

yellowcar posted:

They're a good team this year.

Datsyuk is on a hell of a run, but that coincided with Zetterberg and Franzen cooling down significantly. Players are stepping up at the right time, the new coaching system has made a tremendous impact on the PP and PK, and Babcock is running three lines that are all legitimate scoring threats.

The young guys could crash at any given point, so I remain skeptical. But, this is easily the most cohesive team Detroit has had in a few years.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP1B271TpwQ

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

It's been a while since Ryan had one of those.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

:vince: What a move.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
How the gently caress does Buffalo keep winning hockey games

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Flames were bound to regress at some point and chose to put some of that expectancy towards trying to screw up the McDavid race.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The hit wasn't that bad simmer down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nick Foligno is A Good Hockey Player. Jackets go to five in a row.

Probably should be at least a six-game point streak but they pissed down their legs in Nashville.

• Locked thread