Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just want a cool game. If it has weird stuff like Hathaway's Flash, cool. If it doesn't, well, I'll still enjoy it.

Original Macross should come back one of these days too. And the old Gundam series that never get done anymore, like F91. Not Crossbone, just F91.

I want the Original Macross with Zone of the Enders. Because it works. You get blown to Pluto, fly back encounter the Jupiter Colony from ZotE 1. Then you make it to Mars for the FoM events, then you head to earth, and then back to Mars for the ZotE 2 Events... and Mars Daybreak which is another show not getting into SRW. Which it should because robot suit porpoise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqqswKh3Blw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
While we're waiting are there any thoughts on Gundam Online? They're doing commercials for the new update for it on Youtube and I didn't realize it was a thing. Looks like it might be fun.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Infinity Gaia posted:

Here is a link to the stream, countdown and all. Some people seem to get IP blocked but it seems sort of random, best to check on a case-to-case basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDw1Cgjhps

Thanks for this. For some reason I was getting the blocked in your country notification. Have to wait till 6:30am though for the announcement.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Getsuya posted:

It's been almost 2 years since UX

Has it really? Wow.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thanks for this. For some reason I was getting the blocked in your country notification. Have to wait till 6:30am though for the announcement.

Actually, I'm really sorry, but I looked it up and apparently getting to see the countdown means nothing. If you can't see the stream on the actual page (http://live.suparobo.jp/), you're blocked. I have no idea WHY they do this, but they do. Usually someone from /m/ that happens to be in Japan/has access to VPN stuff does a stream-of-stream but no one seems to have announced one yet. I hope we do get one, otherwise I'm going to be pretty annoyed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Isn't the announcement still in like five hours?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Three and a half, at the moment of posting.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

The Z has a line through it almost like an X. So. ZX.
Whoa does that mean that Vent and Aile will be joining the next SRW cast list?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Davzz posted:

Whoa does that mean that Vent and Aile will be joining the next SRW cast list?

Megaman in SRW. I can only dream.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Answering my own question: Gundam Online is pretty good. We should all play it some time.

Edit: Except for how long it takes you to actually be able to access all of the options in the game. Also, like most freemium games, everything is staggeringly expensive.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 12, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Which one did you mean? SD or UC?

SD Gundam Online has a much larger selection of suits (all across the metaseries), is a much lighter load on your computer, and is available in english. It's been around longer so there's a larger playerbase too. Downsides is that it's all in SD (if that's a thing that bugs you), not particularly pretty, the larger playerbase means more insufferable people. That's what private rooms are for, I suppose.

UC Gundam Online is OYW only (with the odd exceptions of GP-01 and GP-02 IIRC), and as a modern game is much prettier and more of a drain on your computer. I can't really speak fairly on it because all I know about it is from one friend who is constantly bitching about his experiences on it but if you had fun then that's that.

EDIT: Whoops, UCGO is actually Mobile Suit Gundam Online. That's probably what you meant then.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 12, 2014

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah, it's decently fun. Mostly it makes me want to get an actual retail Gundam PVP game like Gundam Breaker (or 2 since that's coming out soon). Freemium games always tend to hook you in with some fun gameplay to start with until you realize that, unless you pay money, you're going to be grinding the same levels over and over for weeks trying to get good enough gear to go competitive. Also melee is broken. I think I'll definitely just get Gundam Breaker 2 instead.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Oh man crossing my fingers that it doesn't just 'not available in your country' on me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: read it wrong.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Getsuya posted:

Yeah, it's decently fun. Mostly it makes me want to get an actual retail Gundam PVP game like Gundam Breaker (or 2 since that's coming out soon). Freemium games always tend to hook you in with some fun gameplay to start with until you realize that, unless you pay money, you're going to be grinding the same levels over and over for weeks trying to get good enough gear to go competitive. Also melee is broken. I think I'll definitely just get Gundam Breaker 2 instead.

JFYI, Gundam Breaker isn't PvP. It's, at least from 1, a purely PvE experience. Think of it as Dynasty Warriors meets Diablo meets Gunpla.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Here we go!

EDIT: How hilarious would it be if it was just Super Robot Wars Z Complete 1 through 3.1 for PS4?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd be down with Z Complete on PS4/PS3/Vita but not as a main announcement.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

They're playing stuff I recognize from OG... They could be doing both Z3 and OGs3?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I guess having SRW map music in the background is safer on the ears than blasting P4 Arena tracks.

In other news translating SRW games is a kind of fascinating hell. I am curious as to what they're saying but oh my god why do they never stop talking.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
This could be another 25 minutes since it says at the bottom it's beginning at 23:00. So this was just the countdown to the wait. :v:

That said these songs are nice. I like the one currently playing at the time of posting, especially the GBA OG2 version.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 12, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I guess having SRW map music in the background is safer on the ears than blasting P4 Arena tracks.

In other news translating SRW games is a kind of fascinating hell. I am curious as to what they're saying but oh my god why do they never stop talking.

Yeah, one of the interesting things about SRW is that they have an absolutely absurd amount of text. They are not the wordiest JRPGS (due to having no NPC dialogue) but they have some of the heavily sheer amount of text in a main storyline in a JRPG.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Goodness these guys love their countdowns.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Another countdown. :woop:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Those loving bowties.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh my god those bowties. :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
sweet christ the ties :stare:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Off to a rollicking good start.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Those are some amazing bowties.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Terada looks a lot older.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Where's Aniki damnit :eng99:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

Man, Terada looks a lot older.

Every interview ages him he's like the baba yaga

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Midorikawa is literally the VA recording station.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

He was just waiting for work to start.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
HARD AT WORK

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Midorikawa is literally the VA recording station.

Well, yes, he lives there.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
And now poo poo is getting real.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Still hoping for a fakeout.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

そして...!

*cuts back to studio*

FUUUUUCK

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Keep him shouting anime attack names!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It is still a total shame that Masaki can't just jump in the Wing Gundam.

• Locked thread