Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Oh CoC, why can't I quit you? If I could apply this efficiency micro-management into other parts of my life... oh man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

dogstile posted:

Why are people bothered about how long the collectors are going to take to make your poo poo back? We know you'll be playing this game next year.

I think people are just interested in knowing. It really makes no difference to me.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Booties posted:

:negative:

Supercell loving blows for listening to the nerd rage on their forums.

you know there is a wiki right? click link. done. self-deprecating goons are the best posters to watch.

You will appreciate the elixer people will eventually have on hand again should you ever make it to th10. Elixer has been very hard to come by since the elixer to walls patch.

Anyhow you can easily do skulls with gold, it really isnt that bad.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

jm20 posted:

You will appreciate the elixer people will eventually have on hand again should you ever make it to th10. Elixer has been very hard to come by since the elixer to walls patch.

Anyhow you can easily do skulls with gold, it really isnt that bad.

Yeah I am near the end of th8 without much use for anything but dark elixir so I wont' suffer for long. I managed to get 70 walls to skull so it won't be that bad.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

ixo posted:

immediate opening in 2Poor, no guh's allowed. please post here or PM me if you want in because leaving the clan open for invites is really bad for us. thank's

The patch fixed your problem. After some amount of join requests (15?) they get blocked for a while.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
That wouldn't really fix the problem though because 15 pubbies would immediately apply, then goons would be blocked from requesting.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Ugh. Fixed. I also fixed another problem I hadn't noticed earlier about the collector you get at TH10 not being taken into account.

Link.

Again huge thanks for this!

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Any time I come across a trapped TH snipe, I immediately change tactics and try to steal all the resources because gently caress you guy.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hagop posted:

Maybe for you, but I think your over estimating your avg pubby. I can't even count the number of times I have attacks go like this.

drops 1 archer

dies to TT

drops 25 barbs to get TT

dies to BB

drops whole army

many die to other TT as they beat on TH

more die to BBs as they path from TH to rest of base.

remnants killed before beaching first wall layer.

Okay but you've still lost your TH and they come out of it with a profit from both trophies and the league bonus, plus now you have to rearm your traps. Had you just put your TH inside your base, they wouldn't have gotten any of that. Meanwhile, if someone comes along hoping to raid you for resources, they have free reign because there are no traps protecting them. You are actively costing yourself trophies and resources for the sake at getting to laugh at people for not being psychic.

Sassafrasquatch posted:

Any time I come across a trapped TH snipe, I immediately change tactics and try to steal all the resources because gently caress you guy.

I generally don't bother going that far, but I will set off every trap I can find and try to kill anything in the CC.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Now in 2poor. First goonclan. So far: positive experience. A+ would join again.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Wizard of Smart posted:

you've made a terrible enemy this day

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

LAY-ZX posted:

Okay but you've still lost your TH and they come out of it with a profit from both trophies and the league bonus, plus now you have to rearm your traps. Had you just put your TH inside your base, they wouldn't have gotten any of that. Meanwhile, if someone comes along hoping to raid you for resources, they have free reign because there are no traps protecting them. You are actively costing yourself trophies and resources for the sake at getting to laugh at people for not being psychic.

The TH is outside so that people kill it and give me a shield, before a TH9/10 rolls me with a high level/high cost army for whatever dark I am worth. Which the traps are not going to stop.

The only difference trapping it has made is I get a lot less TH7/8 people dropping one archer on my TH and then focusing everything else on one side of my base. Which the traps do stop but normally not before they get one or two storages.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The fact that trapping bases seems to annoy so many people is probably a good enough reason in its own to do it

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Hagop posted:

The TH is outside so that people kill it and give me a shield, before a TH9/10 rolls me with a high level/high cost army for whatever dark I am worth. Which the traps are not going to stop.

The only difference trapping it has made is I get a lot less TH7/8 people dropping one archer on my TH and then focusing everything else on one side of my base. Which the traps do stop but normally not before they get one or two storages.

No.

As had been said before, the only thing trapping your TH is doing is making it harder for people to give you free shields, and encouraging them to drop troops to roll you since they are already committed to taking out your TH and/or pissed off that you trapped it.

The only reason to trap your TH is for the laughs. It's hurting you in every other way.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

causticBeet posted:

The fact that trapping bases seems to annoy so many people is probably a good enough reason in its own to do it

Hagop
May 14, 2012

RVT posted:

No.

As had been said before, the only thing trapping your TH is doing is making it harder for people to give you free shields, and encouraging them to drop troops to roll you since they are already committed to taking out your TH and/or pissed off that you trapped it.

The only reason to trap your TH is for the laughs. It's hurting you in every other way.

Don't tell me NO, it is in fact working for me right now. I swapped back and forth a number of times as I moved threw TH7 and into 8. To see which way worked better.

From my singular personal experience of being a TH7, newish TH8 using thread recommended farming bases in gold 1 and 2, it is and has been saving me resources.

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Wizard of Smart posted:

You're missing out on Graahgles high art in Showmeyourpekka, but whatever, I guess you don't have good taste.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hagop posted:

Don't tell me NO, it is in fact working for me right now. I swapped back and forth a number of times as I moved threw TH7 and into 8. To see which way worked better.

From my singular personal experience of being a TH7, newish TH8 using thread recommended farming bases in gold 1 and 2, it is and has been saving me resources.

then you're exceptionally lucky or have never saved for big upgrades. trapping your TH instead of leaving it on the corner undefended while your traps guard your actual resources is basically shooting yourself in the foot, and I should know since I tried both between all of TH7 and TH8

I get the idea, you waste 60 of their troop space with traps and they're not going to be able to hit your main base, but you have to rearm those with gold, and anyone with the army to hit your base is going to stop dropping barch poo poo once they see your traps, and just proceed with grabbing all your resources. once you have to start saving 2.5-3m gold for the bigger upgrades, you're gonna get stomped by people who don't give a poo poo about the TH, and you'll wish your traps were actually doing something.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

padijun posted:

then you're exceptionally lucky or have never saved for big upgrades. trapping your TH instead of leaving it on the corner undefended while your traps guard your actual resources is basically shooting yourself in the foot, and I should know since I tried both between all of TH7 and TH8

I get the idea, you waste 60 of their troop space with traps and they're not going to be able to hit your main base, but you have to rearm those with gold, and anyone with the army to hit your base is going to stop dropping barch poo poo once they see your traps, and just proceed with grabbing all your resources. once you have to start saving 2.5-3m gold for the bigger upgrades, you're gonna get stomped by people who don't give a poo poo about the TH, and you'll wish your traps were actually doing something.

As I said the traps are not doing anything against the people that hit me when I have 3 mill or 20k dark. Maybe when I am a lot closer to the end of th8 the traps will make all the difference in the world, but right now the armies that hit me at high resources full wipe my base, no matter where I have my traps.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
not trying to be an elitist poo poo here, but please post a picture of your base. if you're getting all your resources stolen at TH8 there might be other problems.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Hagop posted:

Don't tell me NO, it is in fact working for me right now.

Do what you do. I don't really care. Just trying to help you out.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

padijun posted:

not trying to be an elitist poo poo here, but please post a picture of your base. if you're getting all your resources stolen at TH8 there might be other problems.

Seconding this, unless people are pouring shitloads of elixer into their random raids you really shouldn't be getting rolled over. This sounds like more a problem of you having a lovely base than anything.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Hey I'm trying not to baseshame

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Hagop
May 14, 2012

padijun posted:

No its cool if my base is the problem I would love to know about it, but I don't even know how to screen shot my phone. Any way I am just using a one to one copy of The Hammy Swirl from the OP.

My stuff, is even about the same level, but I have less black walls.

edit:
Looking at my D log the avg army that 80% or higher me is,

15-20 lvl 6 gaints, 1-2 lvl 2-3 healers, a mixture of level 5-6 barbs, archers, and goblins. Kings of lvl 10ish, queens of lvl 3-5.

Hagop fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 13, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
The best time to do a trap base is when you are wall farming so that your storages are kept low. I do it when I want to farm trophies. But it is damned expensive to maintain. A few times it was 105k gold and 75k lix to reload xbows!

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
You're being rolled by someone at a higher TH level than you, in other words. Very few bases are going to eliminate that possibility, but there are other things you can do:

- Stay in a trophy range where sniping is more common. If you hang around 1800-1900 you're more likely to get hit by people sniping up to Crystal III.
- Don't have large amounts of more than one resource at once. People looking at your base are going to weigh up the risk versus reward when deciding whether to roll you, and having only one resource at a high level will reduce the number of people for who rolling you is worth it. Spend it on walls or better troops.

I've been using the above approach and this base:

And I haven't been rolled in weeks.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel

:downsbravo:
It's a masterpiece

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Due to the continued absence of our former glorious leader ratrik, a second Goon Tang Clan that cares about wars and has an active leader has now been created. It's the one with a red flag. Join ussss (well, just me at the moment).

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Does anyone know if the devs are working on a fix for the keyboard bug on Android phones? I can't type anything in the chat now because even when the keyboard does come up, it disappears as soon as I press the first key. It's annoying as gently caress, and pretty much brings this game back to single player for me.

To anyone in WeSpent, I tried to hit #29, but that base stonewalled me with it's abundant pink walls. I want to try at #30, but Penny called dibs on it, so I'll wait to see if they get any stars off of it.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

neogeo0823 posted:

Does anyone know if the devs are working on a fix for the keyboard bug on Android phones? I can't type anything in the chat now because even when the keyboard does come up, it disappears as soon as I press the first key. It's annoying as gently caress, and pretty much brings this game back to single player for me.

That's been happening to me sporadically since some time ago - thought it was just me. I have a lovely phone (Sony XPeria J) that struggles to run clash and I assumed this issue was related to that.

I now mostly play in bluestacks, where I have no such issues.

random logic
Oct 19, 2009

neogeo0823 posted:

Does anyone know if the devs are working on a fix for the keyboard bug on Android phones?

What version of Android are you on? What brand of phone/carrier?

Do you have some fancy non-stock, to your phone, keyboard loaded up? If so take it off, if not try one.

Try uninstalling Clash of Clans and re-installing it. (be sure you are backed up and don't pull a Hammy)

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

random logic posted:

What version of Android are you on? What brand of phone/carrier?

Do you have some fancy non-stock, to your phone, keyboard loaded up? If so take it off, if not try one.

Try uninstalling Clash of Clans and re-installing it. (be sure you are backed up and don't pull a Hammy)

I've got an LG-LS720, running Android v4.1.2, on Virgin Mobile's network, with just the stock keyboard software that came with the phone, and this only started happening after the latest update to the game. It does it nowhere else.

Just to be sure I'm properly backed up here, I've tied my account to google+, which is all I need to do, right?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

HAY PADIJUN.

Before you leave the old GTC clan, demote everyone to 'member' so nobody can accept joins and it can die a graceful death.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Maugrim posted:

Due to the continued absence of our former glorious leader ratrik, a second Goon Tang Clan that cares about wars and has an active leader has now been created. It's the one with a red flag. Join ussss (well, just me at the moment).

Post the clan hashtag ID#. Can I delete the old GTC from the OP and replace it with this one?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
#9RPVQV0V

And yes, probably best to remove the old one unless/until ratrik turns up again. If he does, then it can be a haven for GTCers who can't fight wars due to circumstances, or something.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

khy posted:

HAY PADIJUN.

Before you leave the old GTC clan, demote everyone to 'member' so nobody can accept joins and it can die a graceful death.

poo poo

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I really would like to update the base layout section, but I need your help goons. I can go grab a bunch of random layouts from the internet but I have no idea if they're good or not. I want goon-approved poo poo.

When I'm out farming I take screenshots of interesting bases, but I really only ever seen TH9 and TH10. Here's a whole bunch of them, with the caveat that I have never tried any of these and they may gargle balls for all I know. Someone test them and tell me if they're good. Post good TH7 and TH8 bases too.

TH9 Farming:

TH9 War:

TH10 Farming:

TH10 War:

I would adjust things in 100% of these layouts, but most are good starting points I think.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ixo posted:

I really would like to update the base layout section, but I need your help goons. I can go grab a bunch of random layouts from the internet but I have no idea if they're good or not. I want goon-approved poo poo.

When I'm out farming I take screenshots of interesting bases, but I really only ever seen TH9 and TH10. Here's a whole bunch of them, with the caveat that I have never tried any of these and they may gargle balls for all I know. Someone test them and tell me if they're good. Post good TH7 and TH8 bases too.

TH9 Farming:

TH9 War:

TH10 Farming:

TH10 War:

I would adjust things in 100% of these layouts, but most are good starting points I think.

Here's a good base (no clue about those other TH9s), I've used it for a month or two and only got 2*d twice, all the others were either 0*, 1* or they didn't bother at all (while attacking every single other dude in our clan).

It shits on any ground based attack apart from GoWiWi if the attacker sends in perfectly, a maxed TH9 got 90% on me, 2*. He used like 3 golems, 9 witches and filled the rest with Wizards. Dragons can be problematic for a fresh TH9, but this gets fixed once all your ADs are L6+ and your Archer Queen starts doing damage (L5+).

E: Added second image with Clan Castle range. It's a loving bitch to pull. You might think Hogs pull once they got through the Cannon tower and are hitting the Wizard tower, but they don't. Balloons only pull it if sent in perfectly, in all except for 1 case even Balloons didn't pull on the Wizard towers.
E2: This was like 1-2 months ago though, before the patch. Not sure if the Army Camp nerfs might gently caress it all up, haven't played that much (not a single war) since a month or two.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm still in love with the TH8 Tempest for farming, although I've made some adaptations to accommodate the new mortar and drill (will post if you want it for the OP).

I do not recommend the Tempest for clan wars as it's highly vulnerable to both dragons and hogs, neither of which I see much of in general raiding.