Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Female, which is how you can tell she is up to something and won't be joining Komatsu's muscle harem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Serious Frolicking posted:

Female, which is how you can tell she is up to something and won't be joining Komatsu's muscle harem.

Komatsu still has a couple honorary girl members in Setsuno and her apprentice. Being female is not a strict excluder.

The shifty eyes though, that's definitely how you know she's up to something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey, Komatsu has had two (?) positive relationships with female characters that aren't animals. Didn't he 'restore' that one lady's pride?

wait that sounds weird

Better than Sunny has done anyway.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also Melk Jr..

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
So basically Zebra is going to learn enbu by yelling at his body's cells to stop being so cocky. I can dig it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
And here I was assuming that to deal with 100g they'd just get stronger. No, instead the Toriko solution is to have each individual cell in your body dodge gravity. :allears:

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008

Literally Kermit posted:

So the secret to getting the monkey king's testicles is juggling balls around am I reading that correctly?

This manga.

How else are they going to jerk off the Monkey king successfully?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The Monkey King is a goofy dork. I like it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

And here I was assuming that to deal with 100g they'd just get stronger. No, instead the Toriko solution is to have each individual cell in your body dodge gravity. :allears:

This. This is what will continue to entertain me for the rest of the manga! It's so over the top but just as creative.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nahxela posted:

The Monkey King is a goofy dork. I like it.

Bambina is competing for the position of my favorite character in this. He's great.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
My engineering degree burst into flames while reading this.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I have a degree in physics and I just don't even give a poo poo. I can suspend my disbelief because it's just loving HUNGER MAGIC :black101:

e: Also because the physics were confirmed for 100% hosed back in the Melk arc when going deep underground increased the gravity so I sort of gave up.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Shugojin posted:

I have a degree in physics and I just don't even give a poo poo. I can suspend my disbelief because it's just loving HUNGER MAGIC :black101:

e: Also because the physics were confirmed for 100% hosed back in the Melk arc when going deep underground increased the gravity so I sort of gave up.

It might surprise you to know that this is actually true:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh huh. Weird. Physicists are once again betrayed by our love of simplifying assumptions :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I dunno, that seems kinda obvious to me. The core would be where most of the gravity from Earth comes from so the closer you get, the stronger the pull.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

RatHat posted:

I dunno, that seems kinda obvious to me. The core would be where most of the gravity from Earth comes from so the closer you get, the stronger the pull.

It's the opposite. gravity is generated based on the mass of the object you're standing on, so if you're underground there is less "planet" under you, if that makes sense. Of course, it isn't a straight line (see the graph poster earlier) but once you get below a certain depth it's "the closer to the core you get, the less planet is under you to produce gravity".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The gist of the simplifying assumption is that the earth is spherically symmetric and so even though you are approaching the core, every particle of the spherical shell above you is countering another particle on the other side of the sphere. It's basically a demonstration of integration over spherical coordinates though so the horde of simplifying assumptions are made so you can have a function that doesn't take the entire planet to print.

If you look at the chart this basically becomes true but the actual makeup of the planet makes it go the other way for a while.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LanceKing2200 posted:

It's the opposite. gravity is generated based on the mass of the object you're standing on, so if you're underground there is less "planet" under you, if that makes sense. Of course, it isn't a straight line (see the graph poster earlier) but once you get below a certain depth it's "the closer to the core you get, the less planet is under you to produce gravity".

Yeah, but the further away you get from an object the less the gravity pulls. Since most of the mass of the Earth is in the core and mantle, getting closer to them gives more gravitational pull than "losing" the ground above you as you descend.

That said, I dunno if the gravity increase would even be noticable. In that graph above it goes from about 10 m/s to about 11.5, which is only a 15% increase.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Right, but that's because of the different materials/densities of the different layers of the earth. To horribly misquote a famous physics puzzle: "If you were standing on a perfectly spherical planet that was made of one uniform material and density, descending into the planet would reduce the gravity you experience."

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Plus factor in that, somehow, the planet has grown to the point that the surface we know today is a very small square surrounded by the Gourmet World. Toriko's Earth is fuckin' huge.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Literally Kermit posted:

Plus factor in that, somehow, the planet has grown to the point that the surface we know today is a very small square surrounded by the Gourmet World. Toriko's Earth is fuckin' huge.

The planet didn't grow, it was eaten by a larger planet and Human World is just a bit sticking out.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Alopex posted:

The planet didn't grow, it was eaten by a larger planet and Human World is just a bit sticking out.

Human world is planet poop.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
And then Minority World will eat everything.

rip the President. I wanted to see more of his bullshit.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Nahxela posted:

And then Minority World will eat everything.

rip the President. I wanted to see more of his bullshit.
Absolutely. Sure Toriko and the gang can more or less one shot some pretty powerful beasts but GODDAMN Ichiryuu could grab multiple at once with energy chopsticks!! Power levels still have bit to go for the main group.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I really hope the gang manages to be friends with Bambina by the end of this

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frajaq posted:

I really hope the gang manages to be friends with Bambina by the end of this

Well with Ladytro and Ike-Ike we are averaging one new bro a King, so chances are good! Plus they left the horse-king as friends, more or less.

Broriko.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Watch the Battle Wolf be the true rear end in a top hat of the group.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rudoku posted:

Watch the Battle Wolf be the true rear end in a top hat of the group.

Watch Komatsu single handedly take on Derous.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 306 is out.

Monkey King continues to be great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 306 is out.

Monkey King in 2 seconds: :mad: ... :neckbeard:

Monkey king is best king.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
In the flashback page, I wonder who the dude is in the top middle of the page?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
http://www.manga2u.co/Toriko/123/21/ Its this guy.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

You know, as scary as it is out in Gourmet World, I gotta wonder what the Bishokukai are doing at this time.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 306 is out.

"I'm so loving good at hiding"

Seebach posted:

You know, as scary as it is out in Gourmet World, I gotta wonder what the Bishokukai are doing at this time.
What's left of the Bishokukai? I remember Midora, Komatsu's evil rival, and Toriko's evil rival, but that's about it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nahxela posted:

"I'm so loving good at hiding"

What's left of the Bishokukai? I remember Midora, Komatsu's evil rival, and Toriko's evil rival, but that's about it.

Grinpatch and that's all I can remember.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Ah Zebra :allears: Congratulations! All four of you learned the secret of enbu. :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :black101:

Seebach posted:

Scouting the Blue Nitro. Hunting down the traitors that defected to Neo.

Deliciouscesium fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 19, 2014

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Grinpatch and that's all I can remember.

He was all messed up on Coco's poison though. I wonder how that will turn out. I looked back and the only other person was Alfaro the Butler.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Reiche posted:

He was all messed up on Coco's poison though. I wonder how that will turn out. I looked back and the only other person was Alfaro the Butler.

He was SUPER HIGH and nearly dead. He probably recovered from both.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm going to repeat this ad nauseum but this manga does a really good job of scaling out its power levels. Like there's no possible way for them to ever beat bambina or probably any of the other kings; actually, they have to train harder than they've ever done just to be a king's playmate. The four probably strongest dudes in the world are constantly helpless to creatures that have existed and ruled long before they were even born and it puts this wacky world into perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I'm going to repeat this ad nauseum but this manga does a really good job of scaling out its power levels. Like there's no possible way for them to ever beat bambina or probably any of the other kings; actually, they have to train harder than they've ever done just to be a king's playmate. The four probably strongest dudes in the world are constantly helpless to creatures that have existed and ruled long before they were even born and it puts this wacky world into perspective.

They're probably not going to defeat Bambina either, probably just get close enough to tickle his balls...

• Locked thread