Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

Difficult to say; DmC has a pretty toxic reputation, but these additions make it (almost) a new game. DMC4, on the other hand...well it depends on what other (if any) additions are added to the game.

I expect it will be the PC version (with LDK mode and such) plus a pretty barebones Virgil character. Probably plays almost identically to his DMC3 version, maybe with the Dark Slayer style instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ImpAtom posted:

I expect it will be the PC version (with LDK mode and such) plus a pretty barebones Virgil character. Probably plays almost identically to his DMC3 version, maybe with the Dark Slayer style instead.

Yeah, probably. I mean, that was what the DMC3:SE changes basically were.

I suppose it's more dramatic changes in DmC, because of how flawed the original was, and how much is needed to improve it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Didn't DMC4 sold better than DMC last time? Pretty sure it will do it again.

I'm all for DMC4 Vergil editon. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They could just rip Vergil from DMC3 and I wouldn't give a gently caress because I am playing Vergil in DMC4.

Also, boss select would be cool.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Shindragon posted:

Didn't DMC4 sold better than DMC last time? Pretty sure it will do it again.

I'm all for DMC4 Vergil editon. :allears:

DmC's got the lowest physical sales in the series, IIRC. And was at one point being outsold by the (then year old!) HD collection.
DMC4 sold like the gangbusters - something like 2.5 Million+ sales?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how you'd handle a Virgil Mode in DMC4. It's designed with the player swap in mind. Maybe a shorter version of the story where you only fight the bosses once?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder how you'd handle a Virgil Mode in DMC4. It's designed with the player swap in mind. Maybe a shorter version of the story where you only fight the bosses once?

It'll be a preview of the playable Vergil they're doing for DMC5.

... right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

You just put him in Dante's stages I guess.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You could swap Dante's path with him. I don't think they intend to have him run through both halves of the game.

Or we're just getting a Virgil skin for both characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

You just put him in Dante's stages I guess.

You could probably have him do Nero's stages too if you had summon swords work... well, kinda like they work in DmC's DLC.

I just want to be able to fight DMC4 Dante as him. Is that so much to ask? :smith:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Beef Waifu posted:

They could just rip Vergil from DMC3 and I wouldn't give a gently caress because I am playing Vergil in DMC4.
Honestly, this is all that needs to be done, if they add anything else it's just icing on the cake.

I never played DmC beyond the demo and I was considering getting the PC version for cheap and then MGR's PC version eliminated whatever desire I had for DmC completely. At the very least the new balance changes will probably make me give it a second look.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

It'll be a preview of the playable Vergil they're doing for DMC5.

... right?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they were focusing on another Dante/Vergil story for a hypothetical DMC5. Guy clearly has a fanbase.

Also, I'm naively hoping us PC scrublords will get the manual lock-on and Virgil bloody palace for the PC version of the game. I doubt it, but I can keep hoping, right?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
This party's gettin purrrrazay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ru-IT11Fl0

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Omg new dmc4 holy shittttt. My dick! Is DmC special edition coming to pc?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

RBX posted:

Omg new dmc4 holy shittttt. My dick! Is DmC special edition coming to pc?

We don't know ATM. Currently it's just listed for the xbone and ps4.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
When is capcom finally going to get off its metaphorical corporate rear end and make an SE of DMC2?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Unlike DmC, DMC2 is beyond salvation unless they do a complete remake.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, DmC was an eeeeh game. DMC2 was a bad game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I have a thing for bad games- I'd love a rerelease of DMC2 on steam, with achievements, just to watch people struggle through it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I have a thing for bad games- I'd love a rerelease of DMC2 on steam, with achievements, just to watch people struggle through it.

DMC2 isn't hard to beat is the thing. It's just tedious to do so. You could get all the cheevos fairly trivialy if you didn't mind being bored stiff.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Chaos Legion: Definitive Edition $59.99

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

DMC2 isn't hard to beat is the thing. It's just tedious to do so. You could get all the cheevos fairly trivialy if you didn't mind being bored stiff.

I'd forgotten about the PS3 HD remake, but one thing they could add is an actual motivation to clear all the secret rooms on every difficulty.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Neo Rasa posted:

Chaos Legion: Definitive Edition $59.99

Hire me Capcom. I can save you millions on all your remaster boxart.

---
Actual boxart, for content.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
What was the problems with Chaos Legion again? I barely remember that game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alacron posted:

What was the problems with Chaos Legion again? I barely remember that game.

Amazing soundtrack but it's like Devil May Cry 2 where each area is just a big open space and the enemies are dumb as hell.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hire me Capcom. I can save you millions on all your remaster boxart.

---
Actual boxart, for content.

:laffo:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's funny how this gen needs to put 1080p and 60fps as selling points.

"It's runs good this time we swear! Please still buy our last gen games though!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like how they accidentally grayscaled the capcom logo too

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So the game still has lovely scream-o music? Yeah, I'll just buy DMC4 and rent the other one.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Oh wow, :lol:

Crabtree posted:

So the game still has lovely scream-o music?

They can't fix everything. Ditto for the story.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Leaving the PC crowd out to dry again. Oh I'm sure we'll get a pity release six weeks down the line, but it's still frustrating.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
I know that modders added in a bunch of turbo modes of different speeds, but did they ever do mod that was 'turn off the loving bullshit angel/demon invulnerability'? That was seriously the single worst part of that whole game and one of the reasons why Vergil's DLC was so much better than the base game.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

WeaponBoy posted:

I know that modders added in a bunch of turbo modes of different speeds, but did they ever do mod that was 'turn off the loving bullshit angel/demon invulnerability'? That was seriously the single worst part of that whole game and one of the reasons why Vergil's DLC was so much better than the base game.

I think they did, no idea how well they work though.

No Angel/Demon Weapon Specific Enemies:
http://dmcmods.com/2470-weapons-damage-colored-enemies-2

Limited Vergil Bloody Palace Mode:
http://dmcmods.com/3146-vergil-bloody-palace-vergil-move-easy-setup

But here's the only DmC mod you'll ever need. :mexico:
http://dmcmods.com/3290-senor-sombrero-bosses

Or maybe the one that's modelled after ex-Pope Benedict.
http://dmcmods.com/1935-benedicto-xvi-revenge

[e]: Ah, well...that's put a bit of a squib on things.
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 16, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Everything on DmC mods is dead sadly. I tried when I reinstalled it awhile ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WeaponBoy posted:

They do and it is specifically mentioned as one of the mods included in the new version.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

ImpAtom posted:

They do and it is specifically mentioned as one of the mods included in the new version.

They do? I was just looking at the Capcom blog post and they talk about tweaks and such but nothing that straight up says you can turn that off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WeaponBoy posted:

They do? I was just looking at the Capcom blog post and they talk about tweaks and such but nothing that straight up says you can turn that off.

quote:

Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

from literally the last page, c'mon son

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Capcom/Ninja Theory backpedaling DmC into the game it should have been in the first place isn't something I expected after how hard Capcom tried to pretend DmC never happened the past two years.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Pomp posted:

Capcom/Ninja Theory backpedaling DmC into the game it should have been in the first place isn't something I expected after how hard Capcom tried to pretend DmC never happened the past two years.

You never know for sure with Capcom.

Anyway, the changes sound good, so I'll probably end up playing DmC revamped since I gave it so much poo poo for not having manual lock-on. DMC4 SE, though? I'd pre-order it even if all it did was literally copy and paste DMC3 SE Vergil into the main campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pomp posted:

It;s kinda funny just how hard they're backpedalling, especially with how hard they were pushing some of the more...questionable aspects of their control scheme.

quote:

Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”. Because of this, “adjusting the speed is almost necessary”.

quote:

NT Rep Dom: "What is the reason for removing the manual lock? We wanted to build a system that didn't rely on manual lock. That was a decision made very early on by Capcom and ourselves."

Dude: Can you elaborate on this? Explain the rationale? Lack of Manual lock and unintuitive camera controls are the most consistent criticism of the demo on this forum and elsewhere, among fans and non-fans alike. It seems like it could be an easy fix.

NT Rep Dom: "On the lock-on, I fully understand that people miss it, but it isn't something that is in the game. We've worked hard to make an auto lock-on system that works really well, and I'm confident that with time it is something that you'll adapt to. But I reiterate, I hear you."

quote:

Lock-on:
Alex Jones (AJ): "the omission of manual lockon was largely a collaborative decision between Ninja and Itsuno-san (Director on DMC 2,3, and 4). Itsuno-san said he had always wanted to get away from the lock-on and that desire coupled with the fact the Angel mode was taking a button away on the control pad combined was a large part of the reason we went with the auto lock...which IMO feels pretty good."
[....] all I can say is this was an assumption that was playtested over several rounds and the returns were basically positive...I hope I'm not coming off as defensive, but we did fairly extensive playtesting/focus-testing and we knew that some people would prefer the traditional manual lock-on over the auto, but we had to make choices. We did consider adding manual lock-on, but it was super late in the cycle and we simply could not accomodate it."

Among many other similar statements.

• Locked thread