Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

I would play more if they fix the matchmaking so connection quality is the first thing it looks for and not player skill. I'm in Illinois, getting matched against players from Brazil is loving stupid. I have a 1.4 k/d, I'm sure there's plenty of people with similar stats to mine in my state.

Nope. You're the best. A State champion, if you will. Now we have to stick you with the next closest people... halfway across the loving planet. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
I'm really at a loss here, I just don't see all the hate on this game.. this is the first installment that I can actually tolerate even playing Hardcore.. solo.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I really like AW but haven't had a ton of time to play lately :/

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I don't hate AW at all, I just got sucked into the maw of DAI. Now that I'm just about done with my 2nd playthrough I'll be playing more AW because sometimes it's nice to just shoot mans for a bit with drunk goons.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Christoff posted:

I really really liked MW3 and idk why everyone thinks i'm weird for it

I really liked MW3 too.

But I really just want another MW2 where all guns are fun to use, killstreaks are hilariously overpowered and the Nuke ends the the game ruining everyone's fun. :allears:

Also bring back stopping power, that balances stealth perks.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How do I get good at multiplayer? I shoot a guy in the face a dozen times, he turns around, laughs then shoots the little hairs off my leg and I keel over. Where are these super powerful assault rifles that kill people in two hits? I want in on the winners' club.

I really like the dodging and stuff, though - reminds me of Unreal Tournament 99. Really enjoying multiplayer despite me being horrible. Just wish they'd ditch this unlock system. I'll never use sniper rifles, but that's my next unlock. How about unlocking all the SMGs and Assault Rifles first? Because I actually use those!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
gently caress all the haters. AW owns and I actively look forward to playing it when I get home despite only ever playing alone.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Anybody want to play? I'm sitting at the main menu trying to name my classes, but the game is making it very difficult because everything is a profanity. Support is apparently a profanity and I can only assume this is because it has "pp" in it.

e: Haha, It even rejects the word "profanity" because it contains the word "profanity".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Jimbot posted:

How do I get good at multiplayer? I shoot a guy in the face a dozen times, he turns around, laughs then shoots the little hairs off my leg and I keel over. Where are these super powerful assault rifles that kill people in two hits? I want in on the winners' club.

ASM1 with grip and whatever else you want (I use sight and suppressor)

or AK12 with same as above

tjones
May 13, 2005
Just play ranked playlist if you don't like non stop system hacks.

That is my go-to when we don't have less than five in the party.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Jimbot posted:

I really like the dodging and stuff, though - reminds me of Unreal Tournament 99. Really enjoying multiplayer despite me being horrible. Just wish they'd ditch this unlock system. I'll never use sniper rifles, but that's my next unlock. How about unlocking all the SMGs and Assault Rifles first? Because I actually use those!

Real Talk... Gimp your internet, run torrents, stream netflix, and leave WoW and diablo running in the background.

all of a sudden.. you're king poo poo of turd mountain.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Fibby Boy posted:

gently caress all the haters. AW owns and I actively look forward to playing it when I get home despite only ever playing alone.

And all it took was for Activision to finally give Call of Duty a new engine. This one they got feels so drat visceral and real and the jumpy mechanics make it much more fun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jimbot posted:

On American internet, aimed by a mouse, on a sub -1 frame input lag monitor.. :tinfoil:

Rogers delenda est :commissar:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Now, those guns you get from those supply drops, are they permanent? What's the deal with that Bloodsomethingorother helmet that only lasts 30 minutes? This stuff is confusing and I didn't think I'd ever say that about a Call of Duty game. Keep in mind this is the first modern game I've played since 4, so I'm still catching up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anything in your armory is permanent. So all weapons. You can also redeem some guns/gear for xp.

The bloodshed whatever helmet is from getting a 5 kill streak. I think you get gloves, boots, and other poo poo for 10 or more, or some poo poo.

Pretty much it's pointless and I wish there was a way to take them out

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
With the next clan wars coming up we should probably alter the roster to adjust for the people that are still actually playing the game. It's possible to sit out certain clan members without removing them from the clan, right?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Christoff posted:

Anything in your armory is permanent. So all weapons. You can also redeem some guns/gear for xp.

The bloodshed whatever helmet is from getting a 5 kill streak. I think you get gloves, boots, and other poo poo for 10 or more, or some poo poo.

Pretty much it's pointless and I wish there was a way to take them out

I'm really getting tired of staring at that loving helmet all the time.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Fibby Boy posted:

For the last month I've had an unopened copy for the 360 lying around, but if I opened it I wouldn't have been able to get a refund.

I'm sorry for not playing with you
:smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Quabzor posted:

For the last month I've had an unopened copy for the 360 lying around, but if I opened it I wouldn't have been able to get a refund.

My brother game me Black Flag for the 360 last Christmas. I still haven't opened it. :effort:
Gamestop gave me Watch_Dogs when I bought my PS4. It is also sealed (cause it looked like crap).

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Quabzor posted:

Maybe you'll still be around when I finally get a bone.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Anybody want to play? I'm sitting at the main menu trying to name my classes, but the game is making it very difficult because everything is a profanity. Support is apparently a profanity and I can only assume this is because it has "pp" in it.

Most of my class names are horribly offensive.
One of them is named pissssssssss and it's allowed. :shrug:

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

Also bring back stopping power, that balances stealth perks.

I've been preaching this since they removed it. Make that cold blooded as strong as you want, just make stopping power a thing you have to give up to get it. They've made the perks so specialized and then gave us the option to have so many at once that it watered the whole thing down. And maybe that's exactly what they wanted.
What I'd really like to see is a cod with three set kill streaks with a few options for each, like 3 kills is a Uav or counter Uav, 5 kills is a pred missile or a bombing run and 7 (or 9) kills is a chopper or dogs or whatever. Three tiers of perks that are all strong but you're giving something up when you choose one. Pistols and shotguns that are viable were fun also. Don't make the fun stuff gimped all to hell, just make it so using it comes with a counter to it that is just as strong.
It just felt like to me :corsair: the more complicated it's gotten the less I've enjoyed it. I can't wait until they release the cod4 through blops2 for the new consoles. Blops2 was pretty good even though theatre mode ruined the connections.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

kenny powerzzz posted:

I can't wait until they release the cod4 through blops2 for the new consoles. Blops2 was pretty good even though theatre mode ruined the connections.

Is this actually a possible thing?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Ripped laser turret > bombing run. Also, it's hilarious hearing deathmics of people getting so surprised when they are killed in a nanosecond by that thing.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Just found this video.

THE YOUTUBE COD COMMUNITY IS ALIVE AND WELL SON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-zmhFNdrGU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

Hell yeah.

Also I will be blowing this clan wars up again other than Thursday where I will go out and get shitfaced, log in for one dom win and then pass out. If anyone's around I will totally, totally accept invites but otherwise I'll be whoring Kill Confirmed and the less popular game modes like a champ. Except anything with "search" in the title.

Big thanks to the pubbies on Solar who somehow let me go 62-0. "Oh, paladins and warbirds? Guess I'll continue to run to the flags without blind eye on."

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 16, 2014

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Javes posted:

With the next clan wars coming up we should probably alter the roster to adjust for the people that are still actually playing the game. It's possible to sit out certain clan members without removing them from the clan, right?

We only have people with time played as the active clan war roster with is just over half of the members. There's no easy way to quickly determine if people have recently played. The feature to show who the most active members were in the last clan war is broken in that it doesn't show name, but that wouldn't be all that helpful anyway since an active member could have been busy that weekend.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Trip-trip-triple play!

PALCL 3Z3FV
CA7K3 BKVSH
WFPBR NNPMH

Enjoy!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

The Merry Marauder posted:

First pass on the gun chart is out.

Hopefully the format will be less dogvomit-y in future.

that web address is amazing, who runs that site?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Have they fixed season pass holders not getting the weapons? I'm not playing until then.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nope! Have some microtransactions while you wait. http://charlieintel.com/2014/12/16/new-micro-items-for-advanced-warfare-now-available-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-360/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Hot Wheels™ one looks okay. Interesting that they went with the rising sun version of the Japanese flag.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I kind of like the magma camo, but not $2 like. Also I'd totally buy the steampunk exo, but only on the condition that it makes you immune to system hacks.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
After only playing CoD4 a tiny bit and disliking it since I was into Halo with roomates at the time, I got CoDAW on a whim and I love the exo suit stuff. Is this the first game double-jumping/airdashing/backdashing/sliding is in CoD? It makes the movement feel so much more dynamic to me.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Yeah sure I'll give you more money since I haven't received the poo poo I've already paid for.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Electromax posted:

After only playing CoD4 a tiny bit and disliking it since I was into Halo with roomates at the time, I got CoDAW on a whim and I love the exo suit stuff. Is this the first game double-jumping/airdashing/backdashing/sliding is in CoD? It makes the movement feel so much more dynamic to me.

Yes. :iia:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
we should all buy the France exo skin and never cap points or engage in gunfights

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

we should all buy the France exo skin and never cap points or engage in gunfights

On 360 they're unable to purchased. Like they're there but clicking them just takes you to an endless loading screen before you can actually buy any of them.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Give me more than 10 slots, and quit making me flip between 2 screens to see them all dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Wazzit posted:

Just found this video.

THE YOUTUBE COD COMMUNITY IS ALIVE AND WELL SON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-zmhFNdrGU

I'm going in.

• Locked thread