Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chic, post and post hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I kind of feel like Epsilon's the serial killer, from him assuming two scum

##vote Epsilon

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (6): Your Personal Muse, EXAKT Science, Amoeba102, Rascyc, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone
Chic Trombone (2): Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus
Ernie. (1): fiery_valkyrie
Somberbrero (1): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, Rascyc, Proctor Cat, EXAKT Science, Ernie., mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Rascyc, EXAKT Science, Rascyc
Amoeba102 (1): Ernie.
Antivehicular (1): mr.capps
EXAKT Science (0): Amoeba102, Amoeba102
fiery_valkyrie (0): Rascyc, Rascyc
Rascyc (0): Antivehicular, Antivehicular
Proctor Cat (0): Somberbrero, Ernie., Your Personal Muse, mr.capps, Antivehicular, Ernie., Antivehicular, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, mr.capps

Not Voting (1): Proctor Cat

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 16th, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. CST -- that's in about 6 minutes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Five minute warning, y'all.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
welp

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote Epsilon

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie, F_v, Proctor definitely need to be done tomorrow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Epsilon Plus!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Awww I wanted to hammer

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You don't know what it is, but there's bad vibes tonight. The bassist keeps kicking his amp. He's not happy with it, but no matter what he does with the knobs, there's nothing really wrong with anything he's been playing. It must all be in his head. You walk to the corner of the room and dim the lights slightly, hopefully people will start chilling out. Of course, no-one's going to be all that chill with whoever's yelling in the next studio over. You count in for another take, but before you can get to "four," the door from the hallway flies open.

Before you can even really process who or how many have burst in through the door, the man behind the piano's been dragged kicking and yelling back through it, a mic stand clattering to the floor in his wake.

Epsilon Plus, Vanilla Town, has been lynched day one.

quote:

Welcome, Epsilon Plus, you are Jackson Browne, a Vanilla Town singer-songwriter. You're possibly the epitome of the country/folkie/rock fusion that reached its peak in the mid-70s. You've had a successful solo career so far, having hits on the back of "Doctor My Eyes" and The Eagles' "Take It Easy", which you co-wrote. Currently (1976) you are recovering from the tragic death of your wife and writing what will become 1977's "The Pretender" LP. Your public persona is quiet and thoughtful, but rarely dark or depressing. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh6pYv3b0d4

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It is now Night 1.

Please PM or scumchat all actions to me.

Day 2 will begin when all actions are processed or 18 hours have passed, whichever comes first.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

is it an open night?

because i hate every single town player for not voting amoeba who i had a 100% solid case on while he flailed near deadline complaining about those who are absent instead of analyzing those who were present

like his last post before the flip is 'tomorrow we have to vote ___' after he personally cuddled the person he wanted to vote all day

how can anyone think that that is a town mentality?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

he suspected hal as scum for his absence

and then when hal's vote at 6 minutes before the deadline was sitting on somber he said nothing and continued to complain about the absentees leaving their votes on other people

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I forgot how to play mafia because of depression. My poor play this game is a cry for help.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Personally, I'd rather not do a lurker lynch on D1.

Amoeba102 posted:

I thought Ernie ... F_v ... have their absence as red flags for me

"I don't think we should pursue lurkers" locks in the Epsilon cuddle

and then three posts later "Now here is why I think our lurkers are shady, aren't I helpful?"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also you weren't here and I felt smugly complacent in not voting someone I thought was town.

I'm definitely voting AntiVehicular day two.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Epsilon

Still a bizarre post.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

That's fine I'm not really blaming the town in a quiet-ish 8-page game. I'm just being pushy so that people do what I want. Amoeba is contradicting himself at every second post. I want people to take note of it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie, sorry for not being 100% clear. When I said done I meant cased/investigated.

I haven't been suspicious of Hal since he started participating.

Not wanting to lynch a lurker D1 and finding lurkers suspicious and case worthy D2 is not mutually exclusive.

Somber, do you need anyone to talk to?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Still a bizarre post.

Chic could have said 'I think Epsilon is scum, from him assuming two scum' and it would have had the same effect (validating her vote) if she were scum. She didn't. She actually put thought into her post.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Ernie, sorry for not being 100% clear. When I said done I meant cased/investigated.

I haven't been suspicious of Hal since he started participating.

Not wanting to lynch a lurker D1 and finding lurkers suspicious and case worthy D2 is not mutually exclusive.

Somber, do you need anyone to talk to?

1 - Why? What does casing/investigating a quiet player gain anyone? If scum do it they gain cred, if town do it it nets us no information and is difficult to actually do properly.

2 - Hal's participation amounted to a net effect of zero because he didn't help effect the cuddle. Why did you not care about that? Are you really using the metric "posting = town" and "missing = scum"?

3 - Mentioning it during the deadline scramble of D1 is mutually exclusive with the goals someone should have during a deadline IMO.

4 - Sorry, Somber. I thought you were being ironic because I personally make dark jokes like "If my anxiety didn't break me as a person, I wouldn't be so nice to talk to" all the time and thought you were doing something similar. If you're actually not feeling well, I'm here for you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Retrospectively I'm not sure why that made sense to me, but at the time my thought process was "he sounds pretty certain there isn't more than 2 scum" > "he must know there's two scum" > "surely no scum would slip that bad" > "c9++ have only three non-town, right?" > "if he was an sk he'd know that there were two scum bc 3 non-town thing"

Noooot really sure why I was assuming the 3 non-town as a strict thing, probably my modding days coming back to haunt me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am not happy with how things went.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm really just unhappy about lack of participation. I think it's too easy for scum to hide when town is also lurking. Casing by either town or scum is useful because it will help us determine THEIR alignment, and it will get my eyes on people that may be trying to fly under the radar. This is why I'm not against Hal, because I liked his posts, they gave me a town vibe. They felt genuine to me.

Point 3, fair enough maybe. But I wanted to vent frustration a bit at lack of posting.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Holy mother of god, what part of Don't post after hammers. do you not get.

e: I probably should have been more clear, but I've never heard of an "open night" in my life, so can the chatter. Day two will be starting sometime soon.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 17, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You settle back in, start playing a basic boogie pattern to get the group back into it, maybe you can dump the jam onto a b-side if it really starts to cook. Hell, didn't George Harrison drop an album where the third record was nothing but studio jams? Waddy takes the first break, and is just about to really get into it when you see him go and crouch down behind his amps with a look of confusion. Well, that's enough to kill the take, but what you find back there is enough to kill your momentum entirely. It's a body. One that's...wearing a mask? That's just all SORTS of weird.

Mafia Goon fiery_valkyrie (Glenn Frey posing as Stevie Nicks) has been killed night one.

quote:

Welcome, fiery_valkyrie. You are a Mafia Goon.

Your Cover Story is that you are Stevie Nicks, one of three lead singers for the group Fleetwood Mac. You're a fairly recent addition to the band, but the collaboration between the earlier Mac lineup and Buckingham-Nicks has really paid off. Your last record was massive. Currently (1976) you're in the middle of a messy breakup from your romantic partner and co-songwriter Lindsey Buckingham and a messy recording session for "Rumours," which will eventually sell more copies than there are people to listen to them. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPyk8_onO8

You are actually Glenn Frey, who is an Eagle. You're an original member of the group, playing rhythm guitar and singing lead on a number of major hits, including "Peaceful Easy Feeling", "Already Gone", and "Take it Easy." You've co-written nearly every hit the group has had with Don Henley and the other Eagles. You're seen as the party guy of the group, tending to take the lead on songs about going wild and getting with the ladies. Currently (1976) you've dove headlong into the cocaine nightmare that is recording "Hotel California." You've locked the studio doors. No-one gets out until this thing is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCPccFQHWA

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Shaken by what you've seen so far, you call for a break and head upstairs to hit up the pantry, maybe some sandwiches will sort you out. You get there and there's someone stretched out on the table already. Oh, it's Tom. Well, you've seen him take naps weirder places than that. He's a weird guy in general. Only...aw, hell, he's gone, too.

Vanilla Town mr.capps (Tom Waits) has been killed night one.

quote:

Welcome, mr.capps, you are Tom Waits, a Vanilla Town singer-songwriter. A decade from now (1986) you'll be known for genre-bending records like "Swordfishtrombones" and "Rain Dogs", but for the moment, you've got a pack-an-hour habit, debts to pay and a mysterious beatnik lifestyle to live up to. Currently (1976), you'll be putting the finishing touches on the "Small Change" LP which, while no great hit, is where the legend starts. You're one weird dude, given to fanciful and bizarre allusions in the urban night. However, this has no in-game effect. Other musicians you have recorded with may appear in this game, but this is no indication of alignment, they may be town or scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpkfcklv8Ag

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end in 48 hours.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): Amoeba102, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 19th, 2014 at 11:50 a.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EDITION OF: THINGS WE LEARN FROM THE FLIP

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree with Ras here. I think it is Somber who is being disingenuous in his reaction to Rascyc's point on the number of posts. When you're saying someone is standing out from the rest, then post volume definitely matters. Especially if you're making a call like that when they have so few posts.

Somber is probably town from FV not wanting to 'let go' of the bandwagon that almost cuddled him.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Fiery, I would like to know your thoughts on Epsilon.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree that post was bad. EP seems certain that Somber is town, which he can't know if he is town too.

Scum wouldn't so overtly put on a show to get each other talking. YPM is town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

votefinder posted:

Not Voting (13): Amoeba102, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, :siren: mr.capps, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse

One more name, Allen!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ah, balls, lemme go gently caress with votefinder. Sorry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't see much to be gleaned from FV. There's just not enough content, I think.

preview: Fair enough but I don't think I want to base any of my own reads off that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't see much to be gleaned from FV. There's just not enough content, I think.

preview: Fair enough but I don't think I want to base any of my own reads off that.

Come on, Christine. Don't you trust me?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Antivehicular

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): Amoeba102, Antivehicular, Chic Trombone, Ernie., EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Proctor Cat, Rascyc, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 19th, 2014 at 11:50 a.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

##vote Epsilon

Was there something that indicated there was an SK in this game that I missed? Because if not I realllllllllly find this post weird.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

Was there something that indicated there was an SK in this game that I missed? Because if not I realllllllllly find this post weird.

I don't think there was. EP said he thought there were two scum, which I thought was a slip. However, since he flipped town, Chic looks weird for pushing the two-scum angle.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, I'm on the same page. Especially considering that we had two night kills it seems like a very odd or else very unfortunate train of thought.

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Antivehicular

Yeah that too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't think there was. EP said he thought there were two scum, which I thought was a slip. However, since he flipped town, Chic looks weird for pushing the two-scum angle.

Yeah I knew he weirdly said there were two scum, but the OP mentioned a C9 which is a 2-scum game so maybe he just got confused.

I don't know why Chic would then suddenly start talking about how someone must be the SK like she thought there was an SK even before Epsilon had said that.

Assuming there IS an SK and not a vig, it's almost certainly her.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I actually like the amoeba case you illegally spelled out, Ernie. I thought it was solid. Let's try and murder amoeba. ##vote amoeba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote amoeba

Everyone targeting Chic, it's pretty obvious that there's an SK in the gaming considering the town role PM tells us town can win with one town player left alive which would be impossible if it's exclusively a town vs. scum game.

• Locked thread