Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

multistability posted:

yospos, i have a question: if Second Life (LMAO!) is so stupid, then pls explain this:

"In an interview with Fast Company, Rosedale stated that 200,000 people use Second Life a little under 1 million hours a day. Of these users, 15 to 20 percent use Second Life for business. Companies like IBM, Cisco and Intel Corporations use the online world for meetings, interviews, guest speaker events and training for other employees. The people at IBM are embracing the virtual world they have created for their employees. Chuck Hamilton, the virtual learning leader at IBM’s Center for Advanced Learning, claims that Second Life is ideal for the company."
http://nvate.com/5381/second-life-meetings/

protip: u cant. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im trying to image what my reaction would be if my employer told me that as of january 01 2015 all corporate training would be done within second life

and i cant even imagine

i just cant

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

FMguru posted:

im trying to image what my reaction would be if my employer told me that as of january 01 2015 all corporate training would be done within second life

and i cant even imagine

i just cant

A recruiter once approached me about a job, and the two deal breakers were that a) everyone in the office was learning Latin (?), and b) everyone had to have a Second Life account. It paid really well, but not well enough.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my college had a second life "virtual campus"

it still existed when i checked it out in like 2009 but was of course deserted. it's probably a furry bondage dungeon now

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

As a Millennial I posted:

it's probably a furry bondage dungeon now
same but my colleges main campus

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there were a few months where the media would not shut up about second life. it was obviously the next big thing according to all of the tech press and every company had to have a presence there as if it was the internet all over again. this lined up well with SA griefing campaigns there.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

and i cant even imagine

i just cant

something like this

http://youtu.be/RedLyae4b2s

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

I am going to release one of the most amazing self-published novels of all time in early 2015.

It will do things that have never been done in fiction before, and I am assembling a great team to help me realize this.

I have two artists to illustrate, one of which is a newcomer, but has fierce talent. The other is Chris Cold, famous artist who recently completed work on the videogame Shadowgate.

My writing is strong 💪 (especially for a first time author, I have studied fiction writing in my spare time for many years), my characters are solid, my plot is incredible, and my world is amazing and fully supports the above.

What I need now is the help of an expert editor to help me polish and sharpen my chapters into the best possible book they can be. I need someone who has edited major projects before and can provide examples of their work, and is willing to become passionate about this world and this novel.

That's why I'm profit sharing; I know it's not conventional, but I want team members who aren't just doing the job, but who actively believe in the project and want their royalties to be as big as possible.

This book deals with many dark and adult themes, and has a great deal of religious references in it. Therefore this person also cannot be someone who is easily offended.
My current plot pitch is below, and the most current rough draft is available for qualified applicants. I am aiming to release this by April of next year.

- - - - -

Five different women faced their own personal challenges that afternoon. They were strangers, sharing their public restroom under different circumstances.
Then the gunshots rang out in the hallway.

Now they all had a new problem.

Confusion, argument, and darkness give way to a voice over the building intercom. It offers instructions, but who will listen? Who do you trust when you open a door, and find an entirely different hallway than the one you entered from?

Welcome to the Labrys.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
huh

i guess it wouldnt be so different after all

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I worked for a small tech company in like 2007 and one day the CEO asked me if I thought they should have a presence on Second Life

I think she read my expression of shock and dismay pretty well because that was basically the end of the idea right there

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
we know this message is coming as a surprise to you but listen very carefully my friend, it's in your interest not to make the fatal mistake of assuming this is a joke and ignoring this message at your peril, this is about your life and the life of your family we're loving talking about, ignore this warning at your own risk, you have been advised and warned. This message is directly addressed to you and to no other. There's no need introducing us, we live by the BULLET. We see you, you don't see us, you don't know us. So be careful. Straight to the point, we will shoot to death, you and your family, if you fail to pay a one-time monetary tribute to the Mob within the next 12 days. We don't loving joke. We gat every detail we need to inflict maximum damage so better not gently caress with us. The selection process for this was random and was not triggered by any event under your control, however, once our selection is made and our target chosen, it's made; there's no going back, and we don't loving joke. That's why we're making this effort to formally inform you before it gets loving late for you. We'll give you enough time to comply with the demand of the Bratva, or get killed. You've been tracked, trailed, monitored and noted. We've kept tabs on you and your family in recent days. Believe this or not: we gat every-loving-detail we need about you and your family, we have photos, we know where to get you, we know where you live. Before contacting our target, our job is thorough. Comply with the demand of the Mafia and you and your family will be safe and remain safe, and we will leave you and go our way peacefully. But fail to comply and you won't loving escape been murdered. We can gun you down anywhere anytime just like that, even today. Even in a crowded place a precision snipe from Men will loving take you down. We can kill you in a thousand ways my friend. Don't loving make us take your lives. Foolhardy of you it'll be to take this as a bluff, you'll be treading on deathly paths. Don't take a gamble with your life, and the life of your loved ones. This is the only email communication you will receive from the Mob. The only other communication you're gonna receive from us is a hail of bullets, if our demand is not met before deadline. So listen very carefully my friend and make the best use of this instruction before it's loving late; you're required to pay a one-time monetary tribute of 7 bitcoins (7 BTC) to the bitcoin wallet address below if you care to live. To make this easier for you, use the service of any one of these 3 trustworthy and verified online bitcoin vendors to purchase these coins: coinbase.com, localbitcoins.com, or trucoin.com. Any one of these verified vendors should be adequate for you to buy these coins. We have given you sufficient information to easily buy the required coins and save your life and your family even if you're a novice when it comes to bitcoin. Do not say you were not adequately instructed, when things begin to happen, on failing to fulfil our demand. We're giving you a whole 12 days to buy 7 of these coins and send them to the dedicated wallet address below if you care about your life and the life of your loved ones:
1BHsLvdTYhq54wvJVHtiCihXC1KWpcgWtq
You gat 12 days to pay this monetary tribute. If after 12 days from today the payment is not received, it'll be taken as an affront and an insult to the Bratva, and the consequence is DEATH, and there'll be no going back. It's left to you my friend to decide whether you wanna live or die. Our mode of strike is planned and ready. Once the deadline is crossed, it's our finger on the loving trigger. Know this: you and your family can never escape us, the Mob will always track you down, and when it does, you all are loving dead. It'll be wise of you my friend to quietly pay this one-time monetary tribute before deadline and have your life and safety than to have you and your family mercilessly gunned-down in cold blood by the Violent, you are warned. This is a private message, we're everywhere; tell anyone about this and you're dead. Don't loving put yourself against the Mafia. We gat our ears on ground. We're closer than you think. Every single move you make is strictly monitored. Any loving screw-up results in death. The clock is ticking, we're counting, you gat 12 days. Take this from me: WE WILL SHOOT TO DEATH, YOU AND YOURS, IF THE PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN THE NEXT 12 DAYS; this ain't a threat my friend; it's a loving promise. Give the Mob it's little one-time due and remain alive and safe, and everybody goes home happy, it's not too much to ask for, you're advised for the very last time. Our demand is nothing compared to the value of your life and that of your loved ones. Don't lose your life and your family over what you can easily afford. Be wise. Pay-up and you will have nothing to worry about my friend; FAIL TO PAY AND GET FELLED BY A HAIL OF BULLETS. 12 days, OVER.
Mob.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
someone needs to wash batva's mouths out with soap

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

Welcome to the Labrys.

it's like a labrinth with books ?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

we know this message is coming as a surprise to you but listen very carefully my friend, it's in your interest not to make the fatal mistake of assuming this is a joke and ignoring this message at your peril, this is about your life and the life of your family we're loving talking about, ignore this warning at your own risk, you have been advised and warned. This message is directly addressed to you and to no other. There's no need introducing us, we live by the BULLET. We see you, you don't see us, you don't know us. So be careful. Straight to the point, we will shoot to death, you and your family, if you fail to pay a one-time monetary tribute to the Mob within the next 12 days. We don't loving joke. We gat every detail we need to inflict maximum damage so better not gently caress with us. The selection process for this was random and was not triggered by any event under your control, however, once our selection is made and our target chosen, it's made; there's no going back, and we don't loving joke. That's why we're making this effort to formally inform you before it gets loving late for you. We'll give you enough time to comply with the demand of the Bratva, or get killed. You've been tracked, trailed, monitored and noted. We've kept tabs on you and your family in recent days. Believe this or not: we gat every-loving-detail we need about you and your family, we have photos, we know where to get you, we know where you live. Before contacting our target, our job is thorough. Comply with the demand of the Mafia and you and your family will be safe and remain safe, and we will leave you and go our way peacefully. But fail to comply and you won't loving escape been murdered. We can gun you down anywhere anytime just like that, even today. Even in a crowded place a precision snipe from Men will loving take you down. We can kill you in a thousand ways my friend. Don't loving make us take your lives. Foolhardy of you it'll be to take this as a bluff, you'll be treading on deathly paths. Don't take a gamble with your life, and the life of your loved ones. This is the only email communication you will receive from the Mob. The only other communication you're gonna receive from us is a hail of bullets, if our demand is not met before deadline. So listen very carefully my friend and make the best use of this instruction before it's loving late; you're required to pay a one-time monetary tribute of 7 bitcoins (7 BTC) to the bitcoin wallet address below if you care to live. To make this easier for you, use the service of any one of these 3 trustworthy and verified online bitcoin vendors to purchase these coins: coinbase.com, localbitcoins.com, or trucoin.com. Any one of these verified vendors should be adequate for you to buy these coins. We have given you sufficient information to easily buy the required coins and save your life and your family even if you're a novice when it comes to bitcoin. Do not say you were not adequately instructed, when things begin to happen, on failing to fulfil our demand. We're giving you a whole 12 days to buy 7 of these coins and send them to the dedicated wallet address below if you care about your life and the life of your loved ones:
1BHsLvdTYhq54wvJVHtiCihXC1KWpcgWtq
You gat 12 days to pay this monetary tribute. If after 12 days from today the payment is not received, it'll be taken as an affront and an insult to the Bratva, and the consequence is DEATH, and there'll be no going back. It's left to you my friend to decide whether you wanna live or die. Our mode of strike is planned and ready. Once the deadline is crossed, it's our finger on the loving trigger. Know this: you and your family can never escape us, the Mob will always track you down, and when it does, you all are loving dead. It'll be wise of you my friend to quietly pay this one-time monetary tribute before deadline and have your life and safety than to have you and your family mercilessly gunned-down in cold blood by the Violent, you are warned. This is a private message, we're everywhere; tell anyone about this and you're dead. Don't loving put yourself against the Mafia. We gat our ears on ground. We're closer than you think. Every single move you make is strictly monitored. Any loving screw-up results in death. The clock is ticking, we're counting, you gat 12 days. Take this from me: WE WILL SHOOT TO DEATH, YOU AND YOURS, IF THE PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN THE NEXT 12 DAYS; this ain't a threat my friend; it's a loving promise. Give the Mob it's little one-time due and remain alive and safe, and everybody goes home happy, it's not too much to ask for, you're advised for the very last time. Our demand is nothing compared to the value of your life and that of your loved ones. Don't lose your life and your family over what you can easily afford. Be wise. Pay-up and you will have nothing to worry about my friend; FAIL TO PAY AND GET FELLED BY A HAIL OF BULLETS. 12 days, OVER.
Mob.

don't sign your posts

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i just checked the bitcoin price and it seems to have dropped by quite a lot, did something great for bitcoin happen?

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

Welcome to the Labrys.

let me google labrys to see what it is, oh wait no it's anime

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Verdafolio posted:

a bipennis, so it's a malatora thing then

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

newreply.php posted:

i just checked the bitcoin price and it seems to have dropped by quite a lot, did something great for bitcoin happen?

people are buying credit for the xbox one

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Verdafolio posted:

the text says greek and roman, but the picture says crime against humanity :confused:

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

ayn rand hand job posted:

people are buying credit for the xbox one

halo 4 looks like a much more stable investment imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
wait shouldnt MS accepting bitcoin make the demand higher and drive the price up???

lemme guess they accept bitcoin but as 1BTC==$300 so now they control the btc course forevermore?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

A recruiter once approached me about a job, and the two deal breakers were that a) everyone in the office was learning Latin (?), and b) everyone had to have a Second Life account. It paid really well, but not well enough.
i have to know more about this job and why people were learning Latin. were they disrupting the catholic church?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Verdafolio posted:

excuse me, persona is not an anime.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

prefect posted:

the text says greek and roman, but the picture says crime against humanity :confused:

I love that Google took the Wikipedia article and the Megaten wiki image and stuck them together like they came from the same source.

The wp article's picture is just an axe on a wall.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol trap sprung

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

newreply.php posted:

wait shouldnt MS accepting bitcoin make the demand higher and drive the price up???

lemme guess they accept bitcoin but as 1BTC==$300 so now they control the btc course forevermore?

nah they just get paid in cash

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Leck posted:

i have to know more about this job and why people were learning Latin. were they disrupting the catholic church?

It was supposed to encourage lateral thinking or something. It was a communications consulting thingy.

I already took seven years of Latin, so I didn't see how it would encourage anything but boredom in me. The Second Life business was the real dealbreaker.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lol I just remembered how John Edwards had a campaign Second Life HQ

and some people built a John Edward (the talk to your dead relatives guy) For President HQ directly across from them, with a huge billboard of the guy staring down John Edwards

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

AlbieQuirky posted:

It was supposed to encourage lateral thinking or something. It was a communications consulting thingy.

I already took seven years of Latin, so I didn't see how it would encourage anything but boredom in me. The Second Life business was the real dealbreaker.

Quod culus tibi purior salillo est, nec toto decies cacas in anno; atque id durius est faba et lapillis. Quod tu si manibus teras fricesque, non umquam digitum inquinare posses.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
caevat emptor

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
hocus pocus

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
tui systema de operatibus est frustum merdae

my latin might be a little rusty

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sham bam bamina! posted:

my latin might be a little rusty
mlyt

(much like your trombone)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quantum est ille canis in fenestra?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
what's the latin for wiki ?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

Vici. That may be the nerdiest joke I have ever made.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vici

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

there's got to be some lunatic out there who translates hawaiian to latin for fun

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
veni, vidi, wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i'd say buttus coinus but one of you might have already done it so i won't

• Locked thread