Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

What the gently caress is this? This is an ostensibly serious letter sent by an ostensibly serious organisation? This reads like a 12 year old's angry screed on livejournal. This is seriously how organisations representing loving law enforcement present themselves? Like I know that American cops are irredeemable trash but you'd think they'd at least try and present a veneer of respectability. They're literally throwing a childish tantrum because someone dared to indirectly criticise their habit of murdering unarmed black people, and actually getting their way with nobody asking "uh is it perhaps Not Good that organisations representing the police are damning people to hell and calling them miserable parasites?" gently caress.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Latuff's cartoons are great when they're focused on inequality and oppression, but when he does poo poo like "OH NO OBAMA'S TRYING TO END THE CUBAN REVOLUTION BY DOING THE THING I WANTED HIM TO DO" it's pretty lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Saint Sputnik posted:

Remember that Local Hero Pat Bagley cartoon that drew so much criticism for being "anti police"? Chris Britt is experiencing the same thing.

e: the paper apologized for running it, but that's not enough, the cops want a full-page ad apologizing to all police across the country. Jesus.
Poor police, the truely discriminated group in USA.

loquacius posted:

A surprisingly sympathetic depiction of Raul Castro. I thought maybe Latuff was gonna turn on him as a counter-revolutionary American lapdog, his pockets bulging with greenbacks and his arms attached to strings held by a sinister Uncle Sam, the iconic handshake taking place on top of the grave of dear leader Fidel whose ghost looks on sadly and sheds a single tear.

Reverse Kelly?

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 17, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BBJoey posted:

What the gently caress is this? This is an ostensibly serious letter sent by an ostensibly serious organisation?

No it was sent by a cop.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Awful Sandwich posted:

I like this one, it's pretty cute. I wish he had been more creative with Cheney, rather than drawing him as he appears in real life.

I think that's supposed to be Karl Rove.

:stare:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Pretty much all professional interrogators agree that the most effective method is to make your subject your friend, give them what they want, listen to their concerns, offer them great deals, etc.

Why bother with beating when you have the Reid technique? Just convince them that you know they're guilty, never give them a chance to claim innocence, berate them for as long as it takes until they confess, and start a successful consulting business teaching LEOs to do it too. Better ten innocent men go to prison than one guilty one go free. Wait, false confessions mean that guilty parties do stay free? NOTHING TO SEE HERE CITIZEN MOVE ALONG OR BE JUDGED

Kugyou no Tenshi fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 17, 2014

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Remember that Local Hero Pat Bagley cartoon that drew so much criticism for being "anti police"? Chris Britt is experiencing the same thing.

e: the paper apologized for running it, but that's not enough, the cops want a full-page ad apologizing to all police across the country. Jesus.

I'm convinced the person writing this didn't actual see the cartoon. There are not racists slurs or anything like that anywhere in the cartoon, nor are there any advertisements. also, real mature telling the newspaper to go bankrupt and that they'll go to hell.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I know that newspaper editors aren't supposed to respond to letters like this telling the sender to gently caress themselves, but surely there can be exceptions.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 17, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Welp, here's my entry for Worst Personification.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yeah gently caress you for doing what I wanted Obama.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I know that a newspaper editors aren't supposed to respond to letters like this telling the sender to gently caress themselves, but surely there can be exceptions.

I've love to see that happen. "In reply to your letter dated December 10th: gently caress you, John J. McNesby."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

If you look at this a certain way Obama has pointy red fangs and a white void of a mouth.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm not sure what outcome Latuff would have preferred other than Obama declaring Raul Castros the president of the United States.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chamale posted:

I've love to see that happen. "In reply to your letter dated December 10th: gently caress you, John J. McNesby."

Seattle has a local paper that would do that. I haven't seen them actually do it but they definitely would.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zakharov posted:

I'm not sure what outcome Latuff would have preferred other than Obama declaring Raul Castros the president of the United States.

Full Communism

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

zakharov posted:

Obama/Castro/SSJ Goku threesome

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Pretty much all professional interrogators agree that the most effective method is to make your subject your friend, give them what they want, listen to their concerns, offer them great deals, etc. You don't need to beat secrets outta somebody when they're tripping over themselves to hand them to you on a platter.

Well poo poo, black friday makes hostages of us all.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I know that newspaper editors aren't supposed to respond to letters like this telling the sender to gently caress themselves, but surely there can be exceptions.

The newspaper responded by apologizing. "If we had known the cartoon would offend anyone we wouldn't have printed it," words to that effect. I wrote a letter to the editor supporting Britt and calling the cops out for being disgusting, hopefully they run it since I mention being a former Bensalem resident.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does the ending of the embargo mean American Soda will start to taste a little less like crap? Or have corn subsidies pretty much eclipsed the idea of going back to using good quality cane sugar?

Why yes, that is my first thought on the matter.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Cuban cigar smuggling will suddenly stop being profitable, at the very least.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Does the ending of the embargo mean American Soda will start to taste a little less like crap? Or have corn subsidies pretty much eclipsed the idea of going back to using good quality cane sugar?

I'm pretty sure Brazil eclipses Cuba in sugarcane production, and always has, so the embargo probably has little to do with it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

Not to the Japanese......

Based on vague reminiscences of something I read, it actually did work on the Japanese. I won't testify to this being true, but the idea was that the Japanese were never taught how to resist interrogation, since it was assumed no honorable Japanese soldier would ever allow himself to be caught. So, on the occasions they were captured alive, they spilled their guts pretty quickly, without need for aggressive tactics.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Fulchrum posted:

lol if u think there's a difference between corn syrup and cane sugar

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I literally just got some Cuban cigars so I could smoke and laugh at all the Americans I know, thanks Obama. :mad:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hello Meow posted:

Cuban cigar smuggling will suddenly stop being profitable, at the very least.

Is it? As an American you can just go to a bunch of websites and straight up order Cuban cigars shipped directly to your house. The prices aren't even significantly marked up.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Farecoal posted:

texture's different. you don't really want to sprinkle pastries with corn syrup.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Farecoal posted:

I'll tell you what, I've been around the world and them Cokes taste different in every country. I'll take an Arab or Mexican Coke over domestic any day

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sir Tonk posted:

I'll tell you what, I've been around the world and them Cokes taste different in every country. I'll take an Arab or Mexican Coke over domestic any day

Mexican Coke, Best Coke. Have a case of empty glass bottles I'm gonna go get refilled this weekend.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ruben Bolling:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jurgan posted:

Based on vague reminiscences of something I read, it actually did work on the Japanese. I won't testify to this being true, but the idea was that the Japanese were never taught how to resist interrogation, since it was assumed no honorable Japanese soldier would ever allow himself to be caught. So, on the occasions they were captured alive, they spilled their guts pretty quickly, without need for aggressive tactics.

I meant civilians.

MariusLecter posted:

Mexican Coke, Best Coke. Have a case of empty glass bottles I'm gonna go get refilled this weekend.

Actually, crazily enough , for some reason Thai Coke is the best Coke.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

Seattle has a local paper that would do that. I haven't seen them actually do it but they definitely would.

If you're referring to The Stranger, you're in luck!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

The humans rights abuse is on the wrong side of the wall

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IslamoNazi posted:

The humans rights abuse is on the wrong side of the wall
Let's be honest they are on both sides of the wall

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fulchrum posted:

Actually, crazily enough , for some reason Thai Coke is the best Coke.

I will END YOU. :ese:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

majormonotone posted:

Obama/Castro/SSJ Goku threesome
SSJ3 Goku. :cmon: You gotta get the power levels/shiny golden hair right. (I remain rather amused that Latuff is familiar enough with DBZ to draw SSJ3 Goku so recognizably.)

In less fun news:
Gary Varvel made a surprisingly, legitimately good cartoon. Seriously, he didn't try to make any sort of point and he did an amazingly respectful caricature while still leaving the couple recognizably Muslim. Good for you Gary. Sucks that the subject matter is so horrible.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 18, 2014

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hey Bok you stupid gently caress, Tesla is a luxury brand, anybody who can afford one right now doesn't need to worry about gas prices.

Also corn syrup vs. cane sugar is the stupidest thing and you're basically in the same league as gluten "sensitivity" (as opposed to legit celiac/allergy stuff) dorks if you think it matters, hth.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Good think the price of Oil can only got DOWN Down down!

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

What a slimey, cynical concern troll. No sense of loss or sympathy, not even a hint of condolences, just snide, smug gloating over dead kids just to openly advocate religious bigotry. gently caress this guy deep and hard for loving ever.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Imagine the cigar cartoons if Clinton had done this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

See this is why you don't shoot first and ask questions later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Imagine the cigar cartoons if Clinton had done this.

Obama's getting high off of Freedom! An anti-drug cartoon.

• Locked thread