Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

It is now Day 16! This is the final standard day. Good luck! Deadline will be Wed. Dec. 17 at 6 PM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Will be home later tonight. Will be available tomorrow in the evening as well.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Being top 4, it is my belief that there is no better time to be open and honest, in thread, about how we want to go about this vote and determine top 3. It's better than playing skype tag, at least.

So, this is where I stand right now on the other three players in the game:

Asiina: You've been a great person to chat to all game long, and probably the only player I've had extensive conversations with on non-game subjects, which was relaxing in this otherwise stressful game. You were one of my original top 3 picks and after taste left, you had a solid place there until the Rarity debacle. I know that may sound hollow, considering what I did to KB, but that was because I viewed your relationship with KB as tighter than your relationship with me. We already discussed that, however. Since we have successfully resolved Rarity now, I feel we have put the entire thing behind us.

Fast Luck: Out of the remaining players, you were the one I talked to the latest. Our conversations were always about game related stuff, but you're a cool dude with a sharp wit and good game sense. I offered you top 3 during the rarity vote that ended up as hulkamatt, on the basis that if you helped me out, you'd get top 3 with myself and carpet shark. You ended up voting out Hulkamatt, so though I'm not upset about it, I don't feel beholden to give you top 3 on that basis. I hope you understand. However, that doesn't mean I'm not willing to consider you, it's just that right now you are the player I have the least emotional connection with. You are incredibly straightforward, however, and I don't think you've ever lied to me or heard of you lying to someone.

Carpet Shark: Far and away my greatest friend this game. We've worked and talked together a lot; it's funny, when you first PMed me that we were both players on the outskirts and we should work together because of that, I didn't think much of that. However, around the time of the Great Cena Explosion of 2014 we started coordinating more and somehow we've fallen back-asswards into top 4 together. Though you went behind my back twice - once to vote out PMom, and second to vote out MMT over Rarity - I forgave you almost instantly due to our background this game. Several times players tried to warn me that you were secretly making top 3 deals and just using me, but I never believed them - at worst I was only slightly thrown off due to the heightened paranoia this game brings about, but we managed to talk everything out. I would accept my own vote out before yours this round.

In conclusion, quit the game, let capps win 2014, currently I am leaning going to final 3 with asiina and carpet shark. I encourage all of you to share your opinions as well. My last wish is for anyone to leave top 4 bitterly.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

28 hours.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
I think you've all worked tremendously hard to be here. I've strategized with all of you and I've watched you throw yourselves into this game wholeheartedly, so I'm really glad that I'm in f4 with this group of awesome players who worked their butts off to make it to the end.

Anyway, guess I'll steal JJ's style here:

Fast Luck, I admire the way you play greatly. I say this a lot, but you're a straight shooter with a cool attitude about things and it's always been nice to let off a little game steam while chatting with you about Survivor and stuff like that. I'm glad I got to know you better this game, especially after making a fool of myself in the Bread Mafia game we were in together.

Asiina, you are one hell of a player, and I've really enjoyed getting to know more about you, and hearing you talk about stuff in the Skype chat. You're a lot of fun to be around! It's also been super helpful to be able to talk to you about moral qualms during this game. I understand that much of what you had to do to get here was really difficult, and I have an immense appreciation for that.

And JJ, I'm glad I reached out to you and I've really valued the way we played this game together. You’re a very astute player. I like that we gave each other the space to make our own manoeuvres but ultimately we had each other’s backs. I found it hilarious when we'd occasionally go to each other saying ‘how do you feel about this plan?’ and end up on the same wavelength.

The worst part about this point in the game is that I have worked very closely with all of you, and no matter what I do I’m going to be giving someone who trusts me a swift kick in the pants. I’m not sure I can say how I’ll be voting right now, because truthfully I’m still pretty torn. I know at some point within the next day I’m just going to have to say gently caress it and decide, but I want everyone to know I think you’re not only great players, but really cool, smart, and fun people to talk to.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello JJ! I've really found your play tenacious and impressive. You're a very convincing speaker and it's no surprise to me at all that you made it this far now that I got to talk with you for a little while. I know currently your position is for me to be the one to go home. I understand that and my position is basically the mirror image, in that I'm hoping to go to the end with Carpet Shark and Asiina, which is what I threw my support behind a long time ago. thats all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been putting off this post, because I like you all and it's hard to vote someone out. It's been hard for a while now. I've had to vote out good friends in order to get further in this game, and it's going to have to happen again this time. Before I get to how much I like you all, I want to say a big gently caress you to Winvirus for making this poo poo.

JJ: My only experience with you before this game was that one Ecco mafia game where you were my unknown scum buddy and I tried to NK you. It was a rocky start for a friendship! But I've really enjoyed getting to know you this game. Originally you said you were just going where the votes were, but you've proven yourself to be someone who shows loyalty and strategy, which I really respect. We've ended up on the opposite sides of votes in the past, but it never got personal and we always talked to each other afterwards and there was never any hard feelings, and we were always willing to still work with each other. You've worked hard to get here and definitely deserve a spot in the F3.

CS: I think we didn't know each other very well early on. There were some brief one-on-one conversations, but nothing too solid until much later in the game. Since then though we've had a lot of conversations and worked together a lot. Like JJ we've ended up on opposite sides of votes, but were able to come back together really easily. You've had my back when I needed it, and I hope that I've proven to you that I have yours. I'm sorry if the whole points thing put any doubt between us, but I truly hope that is all behind us now as we go into the end game.

FL: You are the most fiercely loyal person I know. From quite early on in this game you've given me support and guidance on how to get further and when to make a move that would help me even if it didn't benefit you. You worked to rally support around me when I needed it and have always been honest with me, even when you knew I wasn't being entirely honest with you. I'm always incredibly impressed by people who make it to near the end without getting their hands dirty, and you've done it twice now. It's no small feat and you should be proud. I hope no matter what happens we continue to be friends when all this is over.

It's going to be a really difficult vote, as it has been with every vote lately, but in the end I'm just going to do what I've always done, which is get myself further however I can. You're all awesome people and I've had a lot of fun playing alongside you guys. It's been really draining at times, but I've enjoyed it more than disliked it so it's been an overall positive experience.

Now let's finish this game and take winvirus' hard earned money!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I am going to vote FL now. FL, I ask you vote me. We will allow Asiina and Carpet Shark to hash things out and come to a decision before the deadline. I think that's the only respectful way to do it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Voted. I think we should just end the day. Let's get this over with.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I voted too. I voted for Jon Joe.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I apologize for the delay. IRL stuff. Will resume everything when I return.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

All players have agreed to end the day early.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

:siren:THE VOTES HAVE BEEN TALLIED FOR DAY 16:siren:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

With 1 vote... Asiina is safe.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

With 1 vote... Fast Luck is safe.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

With 2 votes....

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Mad Rancher has been eliminated Day 16.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Welcome to the final day, final three!

Asiina
The Carpet Shark
Fast Luck

Today, you will have 36 hours to vote amongst yourselves for a winner. Again, submit your vote for who you want to win this whole shebang. The player with the most votes will be crowned our victor. Good luck!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: The correct decision, so long as you voted with your hearts and not your alliance. Given Fast Luck's play, I'd say you voted with your hearts. :ghost:

:zombie: It is no secret who I wish to win. Good luck. :zombie:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:ghost: capps 2014 :ghost:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Winvirus for president 2014.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You're almost free.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

the votes have been tallied: the vote is qwop. the highest score after six weeks of qwop wins

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Approx. 24 hours remaining.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Approx. 24 hours remaining.

I will miss you, terrible popularity contest game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here's a video for you to enjoy while waiting for pop con to end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfx0OMM2u0A

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

MildManeredManikin posted:

Here's a video for you to enjoy while waiting for pop con to end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfx0OMM2u0A

Why are you doing this to me MMM? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?!!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I saw a Eurovision winner perform in Stockholm this summer. It was okay.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Pinterest Mom posted:

I saw a Eurovision winner perform in Stockholm this summer. It was okay.

At the Globe? (big whiteish golfball looking thing)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Conchita Wurst at Pride, which was at Östermalms IP.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I have received all votes! I will post the final count tomorrow. Goodnight :)

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

....Juuuuust kidding.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

:siren:THE WINNER OF POPULARITY CONTEST HAS BEEN DETERMINED:siren:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

In 3rd place, with 0 votes...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXBMZicJjc4

End game theme music

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

winvirus posted:

I have received all votes! I will post the final count tomorrow. Goodnight :)

I expect Asiina or Fast Luck will strangle you in your sleep before you can post the count though.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Pinterest Mom posted:

Conchita Wurst at Pride, which was at Östermalms IP.

Aah. What made you come to Sweden if I may ask out of curiosity.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

3rd place, with 0 votes....

...The Carpet Shark!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

3rd place, with 0 votes....

...The Carpet Shark!

:captainpop::chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

The winner of the first ever Popularity Contest, with 2 votes...

• Locked thread