Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This owns.

Knicks for sure without Stoudemire, Bargnani, Shumpert and JR Smith tonight vs. Bulls. Melo is questionable with knee soreness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Rick posted:

Reading some of the rumors on the Rondo thing, it's funny that the same Boston reporter who swore that Gasol for Rondo was imminent a few years ago now thinks Rondo is going to go there in free agency. Why does he want Rondo to be a Laker so badly?

So he can seethe in his hatred for him I guess

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't feel like Rondo is going to hugely help the Mavs because he's not good at spot up shooting and neither is Ellis.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Darko's kickboxing debut is today! Wikipedia says he's about 70 pounds heavier and 7 inches taller than the other guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OkMpyOxL-M

I don't even like non-fake fightsports but I'm strangely excited for this.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Panzeh posted:

I don't feel like Rondo is going to hugely help the Mavs because he's not good at spot up shooting and neither is Ellis.

the other point gaurds on the team are devin harris, ray felton, and jameer nelson

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

EvanTH posted:

For the most part, videogames are tools of social control created by corporate committee which allow unaccomplished losers the sense of achieved goals so they don't get any ideas about having an impact upon the actual world which doesn't sound like Art to me. Also there's no listing for videogames in Janson's History Of Art which is the accepted standard.

Real Art is the classics like Dennis Rodman tripping Karl Malone or Italio Bargnani crossing up Joshua McBobcat:

https://vine.co/v/hItjX3OIiPA

Bargnani seems like a person who passively acts retarded so he doesn't have to do everything the coaches tell him.

MVP fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 18, 2014

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

the_american_dream posted:

Yes that notoriously non-adaptable maverick offense.

As often as Dallas changes players year to year im sure he'll be fine.

The Dallas offense is reliant on having shooters to space the floor. Carlisle has never had a guard anywhere near as bad at shooting as Rondo. Except poor Roddy Buckets of course, but that's a different story.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The Mavs have a 5-man unit with a .548 eFG that has Al-Farouq Aminu as the corner 3 threat.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Breaking news:

The Mavericks have followed Rajon Rondo on Twitter!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Rondo's midrange game is consistently underrated. He's got a few spots where he's pretty good from, at least enough that defenders can't leave him alone.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Inside Outside posted:

Rondo's midrange game is consistently underrated. He's got a few spots where he's pretty good from, at least enough that defenders can't leave him alone.

It's very good, historically.

This is from March of last year

I forget how to get new shot charts, I dont remember the procedure

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 18, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inside Outside posted:

It's his three point shot and free throws that gives him his bad shooting rep. That and he has trouble finishing at the rim sometimes, but it's mostly because he can't shoot the 3 or make more than 65% of his free throws.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Igor Strelkov posted:

This shot chart is the antithesis of everything the Rockets stand for so he won't be coming here

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intruder posted:

This shot chart is the antithesis of everything the Rockets stand for so he won't be coming here

Morey is probably just trying to drive up the price for the Mavs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Morey is probably just trying to drive up the price for the Mavs.

Hopefully it works

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@ramonashelburne
Have heard Kings want give Ty Corbin a chance this season. But also some interesting names like Mully & Kenny Smith floating around.

I should be really pissed about this, but I am of Chaotic Neutral alignment so let's follow this all the way down the rabbit hole of crazy.

This could work. Shaq already is a minority owner. Kenny can coach. Barkley can then become our color commentator and EJ can by the sideline MC

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Intruder posted:

Seriously, why would Team Moreyball want to start this guy instead of 2014 Beverley again?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Illinois Smith posted:

Seriously, why would Team Moreyball want to start this guy instead of 2014 Beverley again?

Because then you could play Beverley together with Rondo and goad the opposing team's backcourt to commit murder

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I looked through the NBA rules and found no restrictions against Murder (nor Killing, nor Manslaughter, although Treachery Most Foul blipped up some false positives) so I'm not sure that enticing the opposing team to end your existence would be as helpful as it seems on paper

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Kenny Smith? ...smh.

Reggie Miller for GM

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Just hire the entire TNT crew to fill every executive basketball ops position

Joint GM-head coach-head scout-head trainer-PR guy jobs for everyone

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Igor Strelkov posted:

This is from March of last year

I forget how to get new shot charts, I dont remember the procedure

Rondo is a very good scorer, but the fact that he is not a threat from 3 (he shoots like 28% despite his defenders sagging WAYY off) is a problem since in today's NBA you usually want 3 shooters from the perimeter (or at least 2 with a big who can stretch), and your PG is almost always one of those three. You get him in the right place and Rondo is deadly. You put him in the wrong place your spacing is hosed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Rondo is a very good scorer, but the fact that he is not a threat from 3 (he shoots like 28% despite his defenders sagging WAYY off) is a problem since in today's NBA you usually want 3 shooters from the perimeter (or at least 2 with a big who can stretch), and your PG is almost always one of those three. You get him in the right place and Rondo is deadly. You put him in the wrong place your spacing is hosed.

Good thing he is surrounded by 3 decent long range shooters, if he goes to Dallas anyway.

Parsons/Dirk/Monta can all space the floor pretty well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Right now the dream (that won't happen) is for the Rondo trade to go through, Mavs cut Ricky Ledo, sign Ray Allen, sign Jermaine O'Neal, and everyone stays healthy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ray Allen hated Rondo.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MourningView posted:

Ray Allen hated Rondo.

I think a lot of people do. But yeah you will never get Ray to play with Rondo like ever again. He has made it pretty clear on that front.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Marcin Got his Chik Fil A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVVzCY7cBfw

Bonus Andre Miller creepin in the back

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Ray Allen hated Rondo.

That's why I included the "(that won't happen)" part. Rondo, Pierce, KG, Big Baby, and Perk apparently still have a group text going that doesn't include Ray Allen.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Guys the Atlanta Hawks own

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
^Is this that rumored Atlanta Hawks fan

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

cisneros posted:

I have been an Atlanta Hawks fan for many moons, my child.

The Kyle Korver three shall signal the time of the hunt.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

cisneros posted:

Don't stare, we don't want to scare him away.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
How did Jameer Nelson record 26 minutes played last night in Dallas game vs. Detroit and not pick up a single point or assist in the entire time. Was he just watching the offense play? Literally the only thing he did was 3 boards and 1 TO. It was probably the most invisible scoreline I've ever seen in a box score.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I have been an Atlanta Hawks fan for many moons, my child.

The Kyle Korver three shall signal the time of the hunt.

It exists?!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

How did Jameer Nelson record 26 minutes played last night in Dallas game vs. Detroit and not pick up a single point or assist in the entire time. Was he just watching the offense play? Literally the only thing he did was 3 boards and 1 TO. It was probably the most invisible scoreline I've ever seen in a box score.

http://bkref.com/tiny/v9i7J

Joel Anthony takes the cake.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 18, 2014

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

http://bkref.com/tiny/aRlgV

Joel Anthony takes the cake.

What? 29 minutes and all he does is commit 4 fouls and a turnover? How does that even happen?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Paul Zuvella posted:

What? 29 minutes and all he does is commit 4 fouls and a turnover? How does that even happen?

I take it you have never seen THE WARDEN play then.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Vire posted:

I take it you have never seen THE WARDEN play then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2akdYIFJ2A

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GreenNight posted:

This owns.

Knicks for sure without Stoudemire, Bargnani, Shumpert and JR Smith tonight vs. Bulls. Melo is questionable with knee soreness.

I am shocked that he re-aggravated his knee right before having to play Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
the hawks should somehow trade for Rondo just because I think it would lead to a lot of absurd wide open kyle korver threes

• Locked thread