Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8kz6CPW6KM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

The deadline for our trade exemption is tomorrow, is that right? Is Corey Brewer still imminent or is that particular rumor now passe?

Alright nerds enough talking about this Rondo guy, Rockets are about to make the real splash

@Jonathan_Feigen: Rockets still involved in talks for Wolves' Corey Brewer with deal possible tmrw, source said. Rockets can fit him into Lin trade exception.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

How safe is it to assume that the WCF is going to be much more competitive than the NBA Finals?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

How safe is it to assume that the WCF is going to be much more competitive than the NBA Finals?

Uh hello the Raptors are twelve men deep.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

the_american_dream posted:

How in the gently caress does he fit with Ellis though is the only thing giving me pause

On paper is does seem a little weird. The spacing isn't going to be great--I didn't realize Monta was only shooting 30% from three this year. That's two back-court guys you don't want shooting threes on the floor together.

Rondo should improve the defense, but I wouldn't be surprised if the offense falls off a little bit.

Also, Wright is having a really nice year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I would take Jeff Green for Matt Barnes and a future second rounder if the Celtics want to go full retard

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

Alright nerds enough talking about this Rondo guy, Rockets are about to make the real splash

@Jonathan_Feigen: Rockets still involved in talks for Wolves' Corey Brewer with deal possible tmrw, source said. Rockets can fit him into Lin trade exception.

gently caress yeah, the only way to get people madder at the Rockets than with Harden's drawn fouls is to throw in some shameless cherry picking

But seriously, I don't watch the Wolves at all or know anything about Brewer, why has he been tied to the Rockets so consistently?

e: (is it just so they have an actual contract to trade instead of an exemption, which lets them package him with other players?)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 19, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

the_american_dream posted:

How in the gently caress does he fit with Ellis though is the only thing giving me pause
Yeah, most of all I don't want this to gently caress things up for Monta just when he's found a situation where he fits this nicely. Pretty confident Carlisle's gonna make it work though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rondo and Dirk doing a million pass and shot fakes and somehow getting a layup or freethrows will be so frustrating.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Aw hell yeah Paps is back for the Rockets tonight. The bench is slowly but surely turning into less of a wasteland

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

il serpente cosmico posted:

Also, Wright is having a really nice year.

Wright's a genuinely good player, but his skill set is very specific (cool blocks and oops) and he's scrawny. I'll miss him a lot.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

would you say that he has a specific set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I would say I like when he does dunks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is a cool trade the nba is the best.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Inside Outside posted:

Uh hello the Raptors are twelve men deep.

I don't think I'll ever get used to people talking about the raptors in the finals

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
That's a nice trade for the Mavs. The Western Conference playoffs will be a glorious bloodbath. Great!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Obviously with all the bloodbath in the Western Playoffs, the Raptors will be pretty fresh and rested to stomp whoever survives the gauntlet.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
So, I'm really starting to enjoy basketball...does League Pass ever go on sale at like the halfway point of the season or anything? I'm not pumped about the value of it right now.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors beat a Thunder team with an injured Westbrook and hobbled Ibaka in 6. Lou Williams for Finals MVP.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

sba posted:

So, I'm really starting to enjoy basketball...does League Pass ever go on sale at like the halfway point of the season or anything? I'm not pumped about the value of it right now.
ballstreams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Atlanta golden state finals.

No one watches.

DiscipleoftheClaw
Mar 13, 2005

Plus I gotta keep enough lettuce to support your shoe fetish.
The Eastern Conference once again finds a way to lose more games! Just when you thought it wasn't possible.

Seriously a good trade for the Celtics though, they got more value than I expected. The Mavs will be interesting for sure, Ellis-Rondo is a weird starting backcourt but if anyone can make it work it's Carlisle.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

I'd rather by the satellite package than stream, but I'll check that out too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Duggler posted:

I don't think I'll ever get used to people talking about the raptors in the finals

The good news is that you won't need to for very long.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I'm happy that Mavs fan get to feel the joy of getting such a talented player, and I'm sure they are going to play some awesome basketball, but boy am I bummed that Mark Cuban gets to feel good about himself today!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this hannibal burress segment on grantland basketball hour is amazing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sheriff posted:

I'm happy that Mavs fan get to feel the joy of getting such a talented player, and I'm sure they are going to play some awesome basketball, but boy am I bummed that Mark Cuban gets to feel good about himself today!

I'll forever be mystified by goons' intense hatred of a pretty fun owner

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

Doltos posted:

He stole my dream of being a comic book superhero

EDIT: vvvvvvv Good point! vvvvvvv

houstonguy fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 19, 2014

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Doltos posted:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Doltos posted:

He's kind of a shithead outside of running the Mavs tbh. I mean there are bigger shithead owners, but they typically aren't as vocal.

In before snarky Rockets poster response.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

roundmidnight posted:

You keep saying this but it's gonna be pretty funny watching Dallas fall out of the playoffs because half their team are D-Leaguers/vet minimum guys

Rick Carlisle is maybe the best non-Pop coach and Doc Rivers always said things about Rondo being the best dude he's ever coached I'll be a lil surprised if it doesn't work out well for Dallas. Rondo's real good and I'm mad the Knicks won't have him until next season.

Doltos posted:

he's the top of a barrel of toxic garbage that is team ownership

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The allure of Mark Cuban is that he's just like any other homerific sports fan. But sports fans are almost universally terrible people

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jermaine O'Neal and Emeka Okafor are both available. I can think of worse dudes to play 15 minutes a night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The West is so loving good, man.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I would put Pelicans higher

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The West is so loving good, man.

For sure...Even as a Rockets fan, I'm not mad. If we can't make it through these new Mavs we wouldn't make it through the Warriors, or Spurs, or Grizzlies, or Blazers, or Clippers, or Thunder. These playoffs are going to be some of the best we've seen in a while.

WYA posted:

I would put Pelicans higher

I would put the Nets lower. No picks, huge contracts, no cap space. I just can't see how they become anywhere close to good within the next 5 year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
At least one store in Dallas has a Rondo jersey already. https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/545745219980099586

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sheriff posted:

For sure...Even as a Rockets fan, I'm not mad. If we can't make it through these new Mavs we wouldn't make it through the Warriors, or Spurs, or Grizzlies, or Blazers, or Clippers, or Thunder. These playoffs are going to be some of the best we've seen in a while.

As a Clippers fan, agreed. I mean I doubt the Clips make it out of the second round and that's if they're lucky but it's because the West is a straight up silly murderer's row right now as much as anything.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

• Locked thread