Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Ho ho ho, Merry motherfucking Chrizzmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kanfHa4-k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, this is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDthtLCzhhw

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i went to find some of the old malt liquor commercials rappers made in the early 90s only to find out that Colt 45 is still paying rappers to do them. that's wonderful.

that being said I'm pretty sure Apple doubled the amount of product placement in that video.

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!
What are you guys favourite traits in a rapper, and who are the best examples?

I like someone gangsta who flows well, and is good at joking/not taking themselves seriously.

Good examples are Mef, Luda, Cam'ron, Q

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

im gay posted:

Imma go see Yung Leany this Saturday.

Jealous. Best show I've ever been to.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
wait cam Ron is gangster and flows well?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

im gay posted:

Imma go see Yung Leany this Saturday.

Noice. Saw him earlier this week for free. It was super fun, lots of energy. Don't take yourself too seriously and you should have a good time.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

uG posted:

wait cam Ron is gangster and flows well?

I hope this is a fake post

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

who the gently caress has the attention span for 40 minutes of censored unstructured rappidy rap. 9/10 times i had no idea what these dudes were even talking about

e: surprise surprise young thug has best/most interesting section

e2: should have cut this poo poo by like 30 minutes but ppl like bronson and heems are cool too

40 lbs to freedom fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 19, 2014

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

40 lbs to freedom posted:

who the gently caress has the attention span for 40 minutes of censored unstructured rappidy rap. 9/10 times i had no idea what these dudes were even talking about

e2: should have cut this poo poo by like 30 minutes but ppl like bronson and heems are cool too

It is a surprise because there's no way a reasonable person could listen to that and think thugga was anywhere near the best.

This may come as a surprise but a lot of people actually like the whole "rap" thing and aren't just interested in listening to dudes making weird noises and squeaks and whatever else he does. I mean complaining that 9/10 times you had no idea what dudes were talking about, then saying thug was most interesting is kinda ironic since he only seems to use actual words about half the time. Or, it would be ironic if it wasn't for the fact that dude only talks about three things.

I mean I like a lot of stuff dude does but there's been some weird thing where people act like everything he does is automatically good or something when he seems to half rear end his way through 80% of his material.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I approve of young thug.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

40 lbs to freedom posted:

lmao

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I was gonna watch it until I saw the time so I agree with the attention span part.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
*holds up iphone in a pose for entire verse*

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i can't imagine myself listening to an album longer than 30 minutes. i just don't have that kind of attention span.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

I mean I like a lot of stuff dude does but there's been some weird thing where people act like everything he does is automatically good or something when he seems to half rear end his way through 80% of his material.

I'm not acting.

Thugga Fitzgerald is operating on another level of consciousness we are just beginning to understand. Open your mind and open your heart everyone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If Thug could actually make a proper album or two he'd be the next Lil Wayne but as it is he's just a fringe weirdo (an amazing one at that)

Also gently caress that Noisey rap monument thing, why would you release a censored version if its only online???

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

temple posted:

I approve of young thug.

not me

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

I AM BRAWW posted:

i can't imagine myself listening to an album longer than 30 minutes. i just don't have that kind of attention span.

That's different than watching a 40 minute cypher or whatever that is.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Is there a release date for that east Atlanta Santa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Christmas Day apparently!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

replace "doughnuts" with "rap"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZcZ2h4Ths&t=115s (should start at 1:55)

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

New Miguel EP is really good

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/miguel-nwahollywooddreamscoffee-new-mixtape.115632.html

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I like cyphers but sticking them all in one huge-rear end video is dumb. Split it up into videos with 3 artists per video or so and nobody would have been complaining about the length because they'd have just watched the ones with the artists they want to see.

...that said I'm still going to watch it since I'm at work and what else am I going to do?

edit: that said I see what they were going for with trying to make it "cinematic" or an "event" or whatever.
edit2: oh god the censoring is dumb as is everyone reading off their cellphones

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 19, 2014

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

uG posted:

next rapper

next rapper

next rapper

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
up like donALD TRUMP, UP

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i keep thinking something good has been released when i see 25 new posts in this thread but again, it's just bickering over one of like five well worn thread subjects (this time the wheel landed on young thug).

for the record, young thug is great in that he is just a lot of fun. he's enjoyable to listen and unique (even if his style obviously isn't for everybody) that's why i like the rich gang tape so much. sure, most of the songs sound alike but i can just toss it on and know i'll be diggin some smooth rear end music for the next hour or so.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 19, 2014

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

stop talking about young thug you loving plebs

also, here are my opinions on young thug:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No Music Discussion

V Nice, im going to spam max b tracks later when I get a chance

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 19, 2014

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
http://www.datpiff.com/French-Montana-Mac-Cheese-4-The-Appetizer-mixtape.671908.html

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

im going to spam max b tracks later when I get a chance

i see no problem with this

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

No Music Discussion

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Young Thug is barely music you hipsters.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007

RBX posted:

also i think he's gay too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thugger reminds me of that joke where the guy working the drive through hears nonsense and assumes the machine is broken but it's actually the guy ordering it sounding like he had brain damage

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Young Thug is the most interesting thing to happen to spoken language in millenniums

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RBX posted:

I'm glad that the "lol rap music?? more like CRAP music" mentality has crossed the divide

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Young Thug is the most interesting thing to happen to spoken language in millenniums

Thugger owns, so does Quan

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

thathonkey posted:

i keep thinking something good has been released when i see 25 new posts in this thread but again, it's just bickering over one of like five well worn thread subjects (this time the wheel landed on young thug).

Either that or you bitchin and trying to steer the thread again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If Thug could actually make a proper album or two he'd be the next Lil Wayne but as it is he's just a fringe weirdo (an amazing one at that)

Also gently caress that Noisey rap monument thing, why would you release a censored version if its only online???

I think he's a little beyond "fringe" at this point.

My big problem is dude seems to have lil b's level of quality control/focus. Like it's funny, there's some songs of his/he's on that are some of my fav stuff this year, and there's a bunch of other stuff I listen to where I think "yung thug really needs to be on this" cause some dudes are kinda doing similar singsong-rap stuff but just aren't able to hit the peaks he does. But any of the albums he's featured on I can't get down with at all since 2 out of every 3 tracks seem like throwaway filler. All sorts of people have hyped up that rich gang but I can't get through it (part of that is Quan having no redeeming qualities whatsoever). And as far as content, he doesn't range far at all which also makes all his stuff kinda just blur together.

But then I hear something like Freestyle with him and Migos and I'm like oh that's why people like this dude...

And yeah in general gently caress Noisey/Vice. I just thought the whole attitude of "whoa 40 minutes of rapping? how can you get through that!!1!1!" to be a bit ridiculous. Censored version is definitely stupid as gently caress, especially since it's online and from what I listened half the dudes can't go 3 words without saying something they think needs to be censored.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

V Nice, im going to spam max b tracks later when I get a chance
At this point French making music instead of Max B is more harmful to society than whatever murder he allegedly committed so for the good of the country Obama should really pardon him.

Also I saw he did something with Isaiah Toothtaker, anyone ever check that out?