Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
Rab Florence did a live show in Edinburgh two weeks ago, and there was a 'special' video to entertain people during the pre-show:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Best episode, best choice.
Though the idea of an opening act is to be a warm up, not better than the main event...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

McLaglen posted:

Rab Florence did a live show in Edinburgh two weeks ago, and there was a 'special' video to entertain people during the pre-show:

I wonder if he paid royalties for that.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Katana Gomai posted:

I wonder if he paid royalties for that.

No you don't.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Here's a look at the math set, cartridge stickers and "high class club-style" Arino business card that came with DVD box 11.

http://imgur.com/7ndddMB,zOV7Z5w,otSsS2I

The Castlevania challenge was really good too, a full hour, but has a pretty depressing segment - apparently they over-spent on the 10th anniversary projects, so they had a "How can we trim down the show's expenses?" segment.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

Here's a look at the math set, cartridge stickers and "high class club-style" Arino business card that came with DVD box 11.

The Castlevania challenge was really good too, a full hour, but has a pretty depressing segment - apparently they over-spent on the 10th anniversary projects, so they had a "How can we trim down the show's expenses?" segment.

Is there a chance to even get a raw of this? I'd been anxiously waiting for Arino to return to Castlevania.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

Is there a chance to even get a raw of this? I'd been anxiously waiting for Arino to return to Castlevania.

Not from me, sorry. I'm not willing to risk being caught and sentenced to a life of rotating a lever to make the sushi go around in a restaurant. You can always buy the boxset, Amazon.co.jp ships overseas.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They could increase their revenue stream by, say, letting Discotek release another DVD.

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

I'd guess the movie may not have made its money back?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Kakaricho posted:

Not from me, sorry. I'm not willing to risk being caught and sentenced to a life of rotating a lever to make the sushi go around in a restaurant. You can always buy the boxset, Amazon.co.jp ships overseas.

Worth pointing out that since the yen is in the crapper right now, the new DVD boxset costs about as much as Discotek's DVD set right now. 50 usd or so.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Uznare posted:

since the yen is in the crapper right now,

No need to remind me...

December 26th is Toujima`s birthday, send wishes here.

https://twitter.com/Shintamination

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
I went to musee mecanique and Nick's Lighthouse today, still in the bay area. Arino misled me to with that lighthouse review, I was very disappointed with the food.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Solartide posted:

I went to musee mecanique and Nick's Lighthouse today, still in the bay area. Arino misled me to with that lighthouse review, I was very disappointed with the food.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I went through the pictures I've taken this year, and found this:

As I was the only guy over 12 years old taking a picture with him, it was really awkward.

Also, no Xmas marathon of new subtitled episodes this year? :ohdear:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I'm still disappointed at the lack of Animal Style fries (seriously, that poo poo cuts your life expectancy by half, but it's worth it). Hopefully, they can do that if they do a return trip. :)

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

makere posted:

I went through the pictures I've taken this year, and found this:

As I was the only guy over 12 years old taking a picture with him, it was really awkward.

I don't get it. Why are you posting a screenshot of a Dutch TV show (Nos op 3)?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

makere posted:

I've been too busy to finish the episode I'm working on right now. Lots of art that needed to be done this month (e.g. charity T-shirt for the upcoming Awesome Games Done Quick). Things should get a little calmer in January.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

makere posted:

There is a script that's very close but it'll probably be a few days still. It's a big one that I've been looking forward to working on.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Obeast posted:

I'm still disappointed at the lack of Animal Style fries (seriously, that poo poo cuts your life expectancy by half, but it's worth it). Hopefully, they can do that if they do a return trip. :)

Funny thing, I tried Animal Fries once and I really wasn't a fan. Better just to get the regular stuff on your first trip, I think. I wouldn't want Arino to have gone to In-N-Out, gotten something interesting, and ended up having a poor impression of the place.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
In-N-Out is insanely overrated. Their burgers are okay and their fries taste like potato chips. Animal Style just sucks. Thank you for reading my fast food opinion.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

makere posted:

Just bad timing. At the Akihabara DVD release event, he had scads of young to middle-aged women wanting pictures with him.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

absolutely anything posted:

In-N-Out is insanely overrated. Their burgers are okay and their fries taste like potato chips. Animal Style just sucks. Thank you for reading my fast food opinion.

100% agreed, wish people from California would shut up about it

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm a fan of Five Guys Cajun fries myself. Not their regular fries, just their Cajun fries. Tasty, cooked fresh, and a small feeds a family of four. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stefan Prodan posted:

100% agreed, wish people from California would shut up about it

I'm from California and I put In-N-Out in the "meh" pile, it really isn't that good. Their fries are loving criminally bad.

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm a fan of Five Guys Cajun fries myself. Not their regular fries, just their Cajun fries. Tasty, cooked fresh, and a small feeds a family of four. :v:

Five Guys and Fatburger is the business.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Five Guys is really good. I don't know what % fat beef they use but it's gotta be like 40+. So worth it.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not crazy. I went to LA last January and got to try In-N-Out after hearing everyone from Cali going apeshit about them for years and it was... okay, I guess? I'd take Five Guys, Smashburger or Steak 'n Shake over them any day.

The fries might have been the worst I've had at a fast food place.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'm from California and I put In-N-Out in the "meh" pile, it really isn't that good. Their fries are loving criminally bad.
When you're from a backwoods shithole that doesn't even have a Target and it's an hour-long drive to Carl's Jr./Hardee's, In-N-Out fries is like, wow, luxury food.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can see that being the only excuse to really thinking it's great but I have no clue how the gently caress anyone can enjoy their fries, I literally would rather eat cardboard.

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!
It's a victim of its own hype. People go expecting the world and it's usually just decent to pretty good. The only thing I generally like there is their animal style fries (must request fries to be made extra crispy, otherwise it's garbage) but I don't go there often unless I'm in a trashy burger mood. Their burgers are good in a specific greasy sort of way, but I'd probably just go to a gourmet burger place instead. You can do a LOT better for yourself food-wise in a foodie area like SF than In-n-out.

Eagerly awaiting new episodes, a little bummed that we'll never get to see his return to Castlevania.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kirbychwan posted:

Eagerly awaiting new episodes, a little bummed that we'll never get to see his return to Castlevania.

It's not a "never" -- Kakaricho doesn't want to upload it due to Japan's incredibly harsh laws about file sharing, and our group doesn't feel comfortable subbing and releasing DVD-exclusive content that've just been released. We may get to it eventually, or maybe someone else will do it.

ETA: https://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/
"Japan already has the legislative muscle to hit uploaders with up to 10 years in prison and a 10 million yen ($128,300) fine"

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 29, 2014

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

zari-gani posted:

It's not a "never" -- Kakaricho doesn't want to upload it due to Japan's incredibly harsh laws about file sharing, and our group doesn't feel comfortable subbing and releasing DVD-exclusive content that've just been released. We may get to it eventually, or maybe someone else will do it.

ETA: https://torrentfreak.com/anti-downloading-law-hits-japan-up-to-2-years-in-prison-from-today-121001/
"Japan already has the legislative muscle to hit uploaders with up to 10 years in prison and a 10 million yen ($128,300) fine"

Oh, I misread! That's good, I'm fine dealing with 'eventually.'
I don't blame him either, the penalties in Japan are crazier than I remember...

Kirbychwan fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 29, 2014

makere
Jan 14, 2012

zari-gani posted:

How about releasing only the subtitle-files for the DVD-releases? Or will this be the birth of NA-GCCX (Not Awful :downs:)?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think french fries in particular are a major point of disagreement. I hear a lot of people say that Five Guys has amazing fries, but I've had them on a few occasions and they always seem like the soggiest, limpest, crappiest fries I've ever had. I even like the new Wendy's fries more than that, and Wendy's fries are currently about 60% salt by volume.
If you want good fries you go to Chik-fil-a or you go to Rally's/Checker's.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

makere posted:

How about releasing only the subtitle-files for the DVD-releases? Or will this be the birth of NA-GCCX (Not Awful :downs:)?

Or how about we just live with some contents which is meant to be more exclusive not being available? The translations have so far been pretty well tolerated (and likely even appreciated) by the show, but spreading the DVD stuff, or encouraging its spread, may be a clear step over the line.

Not like all the more clear-cut stuff is subbed yet either way.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Or how about we just live with some contents which is meant to be more exclusive not being available? The translations have so far been pretty well tolerated (and likely even appreciated) by the show, but spreading the DVD stuff, or encouraging its spread, may be a clear step over the line.

Not like all the more clear-cut stuff is subbed yet either way.

We've done a few DVD bonus ones but it is better to step lightly there. And besides, there's plenty to do.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm cool with whatever people comfortably feel will not land them in prison.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Klades posted:

I think french fries in particular are a major point of disagreement. I hear a lot of people say that Five Guys has amazing fries, but I've had them on a few occasions and they always seem like the soggiest, limpest, crappiest fries I've ever had. I even like the new Wendy's fries more than that, and Wendy's fries are currently about 60% salt by volume.
If you want good fries you go to Chik-fil-a or you go to Rally's/Checker's.

I like Five Guys fries a lot when they are good but they are extremely high variance. I've also had them when they're exactly as you describe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vermain posted:

I'm cool with whatever people comfortably feel will not land them in prison.

You'll know something is up when the entire SA-GCCX team "wins" free trips to Japan simultaneously.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Random Stranger posted:

You'll know something is up when the entire SA-GCCX team "wins" free trips to Japan simultaneously.

I look forward to SA-GCCX live subbing Budokan 2: Kacho Boogaloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

We've done a few DVD bonus ones but it is better to step lightly there. And besides, there's plenty to do.

I did Ikki from DVD boxset #2 for /vrgccx/, but I only made a script watching my DVDs, I didn't touch the video files. And I never will, I have a pretty decent life over here, a 10 year prison sentence would sorta crimp that a bit.
It might sound strange, coming from someone who subs, but I'd like it if people bought the Japanese DVDs too. Most of the content on them has been subbed already, some of the extras are pretty cool. and it supports the show too.

(And as was pointed out, the yen is currently in the crapper, so it's a good chance to buy them...)