Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure that's a B.D. Wong minifig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Gorgolflox posted:

That's less their return policy and more lazy employees not taking care of damages. I always check Lego boxes before I buy them to make sure the original tape that Lego uses is still on it.

Yeah, but make sure the sides are intact as well. Our person never cut the tape. They split the glued side, stole the stuff, and then glued it back really well. I actually thought it was a factory problem at first until I discovered the instructions and one little corner they didn't glue as well as the rest.

To make up for it my girlfriend took me to the Lego store today and we ended up getting the little VIP train when we left. They also had plenty of Research Institutes. This is the Birmingham, AL store.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Holy crap, those raptors look so excited.:haw:

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

DrChud posted:

Agreed. The first step to an SVU moc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DrChud posted:

Yes! He can sit with Ian McKellan in my 'openly gay actors' Lego corner

Also, they're out in the UK!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 24, 2014

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Yes! He can sit with Ian McKellan in my 'openly gay actors' Lego corner

Found some at Target in florida too!

Got doubles of the Snake Charmer, Construction worker and goblin dude.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mattfl posted:

Found some at Target in florida too!

Got doubles of the Snake Charmer, Construction worker and goblin dude.

I too got a double of the snake charmer! I thought his turban was disco dude's Afro, which I want for a custom minifig. :mad:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Pirate Ken posted:

Agreed. The first step to an SVU moc

There's a Chris Meloni minifig in the Man of Steel sets, isn't there?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

FadingChord posted:

There's a Chris Meloni minifig in the Man of Steel sets, isn't there?

Yeah he's in the most expensive set with the big ship (he is an army dude driving a jeep).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That makes me wonder where I could find a list of actors with minifigs and what shows/other films you could put together.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The_Doctor posted:

I thought the point was that they were out everywhere. :confused:

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
So I made an order from S@H on their last 2x VIP points thing, and I turned in the $35 worth of VIP points I already had to get 11 series 12 minifigs. I did pretty good in that I only got 2 doubles, but I also only got 2 of the 4 or 5 I really wanted. The wizard wasn't one I really wanted, but I think he's my fav. He's pretty badass. This was the first I've bothered with the minifig series things, and man, I don't know how the hell you guys determine what they are by feeling them. I tried to guess what a few were going to be beforehand, and I couldn't make out poo poo!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
So rumor is that we're going to see the return of Divers theme this summer. Which I hope to hell is true, I'd love to have a whole underwater theme.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Machaon posted:

So I made an order from S@H on their last 2x VIP points thing, and I turned in the $35 worth of VIP points I already had to get 11 series 12 minifigs. I did pretty good in that I only got 2 doubles, but I also only got 2 of the 4 or 5 I really wanted. The wizard wasn't one I really wanted, but I think he's my fav. He's pretty badass. This was the first I've bothered with the minifig series things, and man, I don't know how the hell you guys determine what they are by feeling them. I tried to guess what a few were going to be beforehand, and I couldn't make out poo poo!

Feeling for unique features, basically. Learn to quickly dismiss and ignore the legs, torso, and stand. I've found it's easier to try and find a small piece, if there are any, than to identify larger ones. The archaeologist, for instance, is the only one with a 1x1 tile. Carpenter has the 1x4 tile. Space marine has a distinctive gun shape, and all five sword users in this series have a unique sword (goblin has notches, egyptian is curved, fencer has a very thin round blade, samurai has a very small guard, and king's is straight with a big cross guard). Alien has a 2x2 round dish and a gun with a easy-to-ID clip. Sheriff has a 2x2 tile and a revolver, and the mustache is pretty distinctive (although you can confuse it with the king's beard). Cyclops has a distinctive knobby club, and the evil mage has the skirt and a flame (which took me quite a while to ID when I had it cornered, but once I realized what it was, it was easy to ID again).
Sometimes small parts can be hard to locate--they might hide inside another piece, or a large piece might shelter them or the sheet and base might conspire to make it hard narrow anything down.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pyroclastic posted:

Feeling for unique features, basically. Learn to quickly dismiss and ignore the legs, torso, and stand. I've found it's easier to try and find a small piece, if there are any, than to identify larger ones. The archaeologist, for instance, is the only one with a 1x1 tile. Carpenter has the 1x4 tile. Space marine has a distinctive gun shape, and all five sword users in this series have a unique sword (goblin has notches, egyptian is curved, fencer has a very thin round blade, samurai has a very small guard, and king's is straight with a big cross guard). Alien has a 2x2 round dish and a gun with a easy-to-ID clip. Sheriff has a 2x2 tile and a revolver, and the mustache is pretty distinctive (although you can confuse it with the king's beard). Cyclops has a distinctive knobby club, and the evil mage has the skirt and a flame (which took me quite a while to ID when I had it cornered, but once I realized what it was, it was easy to ID again).
Sometimes small parts can be hard to locate--they might hide inside another piece, or a large piece might shelter them or the sheet and base might conspire to make it hard narrow anything down.

The codes for cmf were awesome. RIP

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

kensei posted:

The codes for cmf were awesome. RIP

Yeah. I dread them moving to tiny boxes, like I've seen with the minecraft minis.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

So rumor is that we're going to see the return of Divers theme this summer. Which I hope to hell is true, I'd love to have a whole underwater theme.

Wow, really? That's one of my favourite themes that I never got as a kid. Aquanauts and it's iterations are cool and all but I prefer the more realistic approach of Divers.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
My son got me the big Mini Cooper set, man that was a long build but it's pretty awesome. I in turn got my son the Trevi Fountain which looks so drat cool.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Wow, really? That's one of my favourite themes that I never got as a kid. Aquanauts and it's iterations are cool and all but I prefer the more realistic approach of Divers.

I still have the 3 of the smaller subs from that series, the shark sub, along with the green and yellow subs.

I would love to see a return of that set, especially those neat articulating arms.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I spent yesterday building the Pet Shop with the wife and kid. This was my first modular build, and it was pretty drat fun. I'm already trying to think of ways to better-decorate the second and third floor of the townhouse.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Got the Exo-Suit at last yesterday and built it together in a couple of hours. Puts together surprisingly well I have to say and it looks really awesome too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got the Simpsons house today but can't really build it until I get home and it'll probably be too late tomorrow. Also got enough money to ensure I will pick up Slave I on release day!

I saw the first bag of the house is just the car and Bart and Homer, but there is enough small poo poo in there too (grill etc.) that I'd be worried about losing in the holiday car shuffle.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

This might be a bit early but does anybody have an idea when Walmart is going to start doing their end of the year discounts on Lego?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I got the UCS X-Wing for Christmas and put it together in one 3-4 hour session. I was confused to find out the wings didn't move, until I looked in the pile of leftovers and saw one black gear piece I overlooked. Had to pull the whole bloody engine apart to put it in!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I got The Ghostbusters set and this custom Slimer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

beato posted:

I got The Ghostbusters set and this custom Slimer.

Several years ago they came out with a Clone Wars shop that came with a minifig of Jabba's baby son. Lego could have done it in translucent green and it could have been an decent Slimer.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Between the train set I got my son, and the sets my family got me, I spent the entirety of Christmas day building with Legos. Best Christmas ever.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My dad handed me a big Kohl's bag full of wrapped presents. In it were 3 of each of the Jedi Starfighter, Tie Bomber, and AT-ST microbuild planet sets, as well as two of each of two different Hero Factory dudes. He said he'd gotten them on deep clearance at some target or something.

They were just camouflage to hide the 500 gig SSD and copy of Far Cry 4 at the bottom of the bag, but I appreciate them because I can't install the SSD or play FC4 until I upgrade my PC, while I can fiddle with these right now. :v:

I really like how they include a little danglybob to attach to the spheres to turn them into christmas tree ornaments. A neat little touch.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is it possible on Bricklink to enter a list and number of parts then search for stores with the most of them, or?

I want to make a big mod for my Grand Emporium and really don't want to go through each piece individually.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

PriorMarcus posted:

Is it possible on Bricklink to enter a list and number of parts then search for stores with the most of them, or?

I want to make a big mod for my Grand Emporium and really don't want to go through each piece individually.

When in the Wanted menu, to the right of the "My Wanted List" tab there is a "By Shop" tab.

Select your wanted list in the left drop down menu and choose "Lots (Unique)" in the right menu, and click Go! to update the list. This shows you a list of stores sorted by how many of your wish list lots (a quantity of 1 unique part) the stores have. If the number outside the brackets is bigger than the number inside the brackets it means that they have several entries in their store for 1 unique part (usually means that they have both used and new parts of a specific part.)

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
Just picked up the Double-Decker couch at a Target in Lynnwood, WA. They had a bunch of new Minecraft sets, Disney Princess sets, and Star Wars Rebels Lego stuff.

EDIT:

Fatkraken posted:

The squiddy head on the Ming the merciless body would make an awesome Mind Flayer

Looks good:

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 27, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I know this is never going to happen, but it would sure be cool if they re-released the mixels from series 1 and 2, as I can't find my blue ice guys after a move, and I would love to get the parts from a couple of them.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So a friend of mine obviously thought the same thing and got me the Arctic base set with the express wish that I make a The Thing diorama. Already got a good MacReady, but how do I make the Thing itself?!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Mix together silly putty until you get an appropriate colour, then stab the blob with teeth, dogs, minifig hands and heads as required.
Alternatively construct one out of all the oldest, most wornout parts you've got, so it just looks subtly off. God I love that movie, I watched it again like four hours ago.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
My Christmas haul:

The AT-AT was a cool build. Made me want to get more into Technic stuff.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

So a friend of mine obviously thought the same thing and got me the Arctic base set with the express wish that I make a The Thing diorama. Already got a good MacReady, but how do I make the Thing itself?!

Brick together a little blob and dip it in acetone for a few minutes, then take it out and stick a few minifig and animal parts in it while it's still gummy.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

So my girlfriend found this in a parking lot the other day.

I don't know if it's from an actual set or custom or what. Any ideas?

Sorry it's sideways.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

The Endbringer posted:

I don't know if it's from an actual set or custom or what. Any ideas?

That's Plastic Man - he was given away in his own polybag with Lego Batman 3 preorders.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Rubby posted:

That's Plastic Man - he was given away in his own polybag with Lego Batman 3 preorders.

Ohh, ok. I thought it was Michael Jackson or something haha. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you're not really into keeping it, I'd be interested in it. I love Plastic Man, he's a great character.